PDA

View Full Version : What happens when the WOW factor wears off?

thundarr
10-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Now that 100K units are becoming commonplace what will Gree do next? Crate and LE unit purchases are probably $0 now. I remember when I saw that 60K Aon plane and though wow look at the stats of that unit. I was pissed because I didn't have one and LLP players could get them if they won a certain amount of battles in a row. The next war there was another mega unit for consecutive battles. A mega unit for ILTQ/FLTQ. A mega unit for the FLTQ. A mega unit now for the boss event. Its becoming less exciting to get one now. Almost everyone got 7 Wraith Goliaths at 8K each. A glitch in the FLTQ gave everyone a pile of units. Stats are going through the roof. Million stat players are everywhere. If I were in SUP or another high flying, big spending faction I would be upset that Gree is handing out Mega units to everyone. What are they spending all that money on? The WD rewards pale in comparison so why fork out piles of cash for what? The balance of the game has been forever altered. If you miss out on a 100K unit don't worry the next event will have another. Its like terrorists taking over a plane its going to crash sooner or later. I am now a free player, I collect my free Gold watch my videos, work with my faction and do the best I can.

Chris_
10-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Make even bigger units that has great bonuses. I'm just waiting for them to entice people to spend spend spend to be able to get a upgrade 2 buildings at once

Agent Orange
10-06-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't know, you got a bunch of clever players in the lower levels that realized that by parking their LLPs in a high flying faction they could get high stat units. But in the bigger picture those that are serious players in the high ranking factions would have got those units as well so the reality is things remained status quo and only those without deep pockets are still watching blissfully by on the sidelines.

The next battle is going to be very interesting. The logical play is to create micro high stat factions and use them to scoop up the units if Gree does another consecutive battles won goal. I tested that theory last battle and it works very easily in fact you don't even need to buy gold and heck you don't even need to have anybody even actually do anything if you have configured your faction properly. Just get a trained chimp or script to declare war for you and go nap.

WI(AusNz)
10-06-2013, 05:44 PM
I been playing this game since the beginning and reading these forums for at least a year. In that time I have heard this game is about to expire what seems like to be 100s of times. Most people point to stat infalstion and say its unsustainable. This is totally and complete nonsense. Gree knows that they need to constently evolving the game to retain interest of the newbies and the veterans like me. This is done by the slow and timed release of new events and yes... Stat inflation.

What we are currently seeing is probably the second (or perhaps third) major round of stat inflation. The first is when WD first appeared. We saw for the first time 1000+ stat prizes in reach of a lot of people who can afford some gold. Then limited quest events started and we saw 10000+ prizes. The current round of 100000+ units is signaled with the introduction of faction LTQs. These phases of inflation are spaced by 3-6 months apart. We are unlikely to see much movement on the current 100000 stat prizes as they become the norm for high-end spenders for the next 3-6 months.

There is really no limit to the raw stat number. Theoretically, stat inflation can continue infinately and gree will start introducing a decimal point to our stats to make them legeble. Other boosts like increased energy may also be introduced but this would be offset by new missions and LTQ requiring more energy to complete.

This stat inflation is just numbers to keep us feeling like we are improving, but in real and relative terms, you are staying the same. It also allows people to take a break from the game. Take the next 6months off, wait until the next phase of inflation and come back like a giant.

I reiterate my first point. The game is only in its infancy. It will continue to evolve, adapt and inflate. Next time I hear someone say the game is about to die due to inflation, I only need to say that history repeats and so does the content and erroneous predictions of these threads.