PDA

View Full Version : effed up matching - 3 matchups with SAS.

zwiswoo
10-06-2013, 03:52 AM
We just got matched against SAS three times running. Three hours fighting SAS over and over again, as a top 75 team. Blast you Gree and your beautiful matching "algorithm." Do all your many code monkeys have their own typewriters or do they bang the keys collaboratively?

Bah.

Bala82
10-06-2013, 04:11 AM
You should join us Crime city campers are now entering battle for prizes.

We won 9 battles in 1 day .

seansheep
10-06-2013, 04:22 AM
Stock answers:

You had a crap strategy which put you in an unrealisticly high ranking - deal with your ineptitude

Or else

The senior team are submarining and you are the unlucky mugs - get over it

cc thunder
10-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Stock answers:

You had a crap strategy which put you in an unrealisticly high ranking - deal with your ineptitude

Or else

The senior team are submarining and you are the unlucky mugs - get over it the point isn't quality of the team that they're facing, its repeated matching against the same team. I agree there's something up, we have had the same team 4 times this event, with one of the matchups against them back to back,and two other separate teams 2 times as well. to meet three teams a total of eight times is kind of weird, and nothing I've ever encountered before on an event

seansheep
10-06-2013, 04:46 AM
thunder - why aren't you delighted? Same team 4 times means no need to scout - pound their weak ones

cc thunder
10-06-2013, 05:02 AM
yeah, it's okay for some of my team,I'm one of the weakest on the crew. level 112 with 550k attack. but when you're getting matched up against top 10 it doesn't help

3squir3
10-06-2013, 05:05 AM
then prehaps wait an extra 30-45 mins before you declare battle.

cc thunder
10-06-2013, 05:10 AM
then prehaps wait an extra 30-45 mins before you declare battle.yeah, we've let out some slack, up to 30 min, we usually run 15, but its not the quality of teams, it seems gree has improved their bracketing it the repeated same teams

bravo 6 vk
10-06-2013, 05:43 AM
we are a top 50 team and getting matched up with OGK.....twice........:rolleyes:

sister morphine
10-06-2013, 05:57 AM
We just got matched against SAS three times running. Three hours fighting SAS over and over again, as a top 75 team. Blast you Gree and your beautiful matching "algorithm." Do all your many code monkeys have their own typewriters or do they bang the keys collaboratively?

Bah.
It's tough, but really after the second time you should have delayed declaring again for a few minutes to avoid them.

zwiswoo
10-06-2013, 06:10 AM
It's tough, but really after the second time you should have delayed declaring again for a few minutes to avoid them.

We did actually, for exactly that reason. Maybe their match was slow, because we got them again the third time anyway, like within 30 seconds of declaring. After that we basically idled till the SAS score moved up on the leaderboard before declaring again :D

seansheep
10-06-2013, 06:11 AM
We did actually, for exactly that reason. Maybe their match was slow, because we got them again the third time anyway, like within 30 seconds of declaring. After that we basically idled till the SAS score moved up on the leaderboard before declaring again :D

It's a conspiracy against you - reeks of it, call the UN, complain to trading standards, write to your MP/senator

zwiswoo
10-06-2013, 06:19 AM
It's a conspiracy against you - reeks of it, call the UN, complain to trading standards, write to your MP/senator

There are many people reporting this exact problem. I was thinking bug in the code somewhere, causing matches not to clear after the battle in some circumstances. So the same pairing can happen multiple times. With Gree never attribute to malice what won't make them money and is easily explained by sheer stupidity.

Also, sod off. You're not even good at trolling.

seansheep
10-06-2013, 06:26 AM
If it's happening to everyone else, doesn't that make it a level playing field with your imagined exact same problem? If you want to report a perceived error with match-ups isn't the report button the way to do it instead of whingeing?

I have the solution - let's extend the war by 8 hours and consider extending the tiers.............

zwiswoo
10-06-2013, 06:47 AM
If it's happening to everyone else, doesn't that make it a level playing field with your imagined exact same problem?

No. Some teams end up getting matched with the same 500 ranked team repeatedly. Others with a team ranked 150, still others with top 25 or top 10. We got SAS over and over again. There may be some few teams somewhere that kept on getting bashed by Fight Club, who're screwed even worse. This is a "level" field only in the sense that everyone has an equal chance at the outset of getting shafted. It's not level in the sense that the event is actually fair. In *your* sense of level it would also be fair to have some bug that made 10 teams chosen at random unable to hit the wall at all.

montecore
10-06-2013, 07:09 AM
That's gotta suck.

seansheep
10-06-2013, 07:11 AM
LOL montecore - all you need now is the #smug :D

montecore
10-06-2013, 07:24 AM
HTC blue has been trying to recruit me for months.

Molly's Voice
10-06-2013, 07:29 AM
HTC blue has been trying to recruit me for months.

Ever considered getting down with the Mollies? We're primed to take over, now is the time to
join the new world order of CC.

seansheep
10-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Ever considered getting down with the Mollies? We're primed to take over, now is the time to

I love the naiivity of this post in answer to monte's quip - it is sweet really

Molly's Voice
10-06-2013, 08:06 AM
I love the naiivity of this post in answer to monte's quip - it is sweet really

Welcome to the Molly Maguire hitlist.

montecore
10-06-2013, 08:07 AM

What are the requirements?

Molly's Voice
10-06-2013, 08:09 AM
What are the requirements?

Walking the walk and talking the talk.

seansheep
10-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Welcome to the Molly Maguire hitlist.

I feel whole now.

CCKallDAY
10-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Walking the walk and talking the talk.So that means I'm allowed to be a leech in your syndicate?

Molly's Voice
10-06-2013, 08:33 AM
You just want the ransom money you cheap CC whore ;)

Our stats should not be of anyone's concern. What we don't have in stats we make up for in guile.

kingofwale
10-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Gree.. can you please explain why a 1.8 million IP team is facing a 18 million IP team 3 times in a row??

Are you telling me for that 3 hours, there's no more "more suitable" matchup for either team???

RonSwanson
10-06-2013, 10:09 AM
i agree on poor matchups. though we havent faced SAS once let alone three times... were a 150-300 syndicate and have faced Nu world order twice today, killerall, dingbats and one other i cant remember but all teams in top 100 almost top 50. WTF!!!! we cant come close to competiting with them and we have fallen from 150ish to 200ish because we cant get any points off these fricken teams. Why do we have to face teams 100 spots above us every single match.... cant just a few be 100 spots below us? its killed our chance of being 150 even if we probably wouldnt have made it we woulda had a chance if we faced teams more on our level but i digress even if this is total garbage.

KingOW
10-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Yey, it took us 2 days to get 3 fights in a row, lol. Before this event we could win 8-10 in a row without any problem so something have changed. Now we just got lucky with our teams. This event is a big mood killer for me, its not fun to loose even tho we get pretty high points (high for our synd anyway, maybe not to you guys).

custos
10-06-2013, 11:17 PM

Well Duh! Why didn't that occur to you sooner? Anyone in the top 50 who doesn't check the leaderboard for movement before declaring deserves to get hammered. And all this complaining about matching with SAS or Fight Club or whatever -- who do people expect then to match with? Each other for three days?

Do the math... at any one time there is probably only 5% of syndicates declared and waiting for a "match". If SAS are in that position they will match with the first available team at a high enough level, which could be down to 75 or further. Otherwise what happens? Do they just sit there unmatched for 20 minutes waiting for another top team team to become available? Is that fair? How would you program the matching?