PDA

View Full Version : This game is becoming a joke

Blade of 3
10-05-2013, 07:33 AM
First off I would like to say that this game used to be very fun and addictive. Sure, it has had its problems here and there but it was tolerable. Now, I don't see the point of playing anymore. It all started going downhill when they started the faction LTQ events that handed out ridiculously high stat units to everyone in the faction. Well this causes many people to leach the units with a LLP at a very low level. After the three faction LTQ's there's a boss faction event that practically hands out 9k attack units to everyone daily. Now this LLP has pretty nice stats for a very low level. This LLP completes the level 100 boss with no or very small amounts of gold and ends up just under a million attack. I have been playing this game for 2 years and I don't even have the stats this player has. It's sad day in Modern War when you can compete with level 150+ in a months time. I personally don't see the point in in this game as you can't be competitive unless you are already maxed out level with all the units you could have or just now making an account. What do you guys think about the way Gree has been handing out these units?

Wayne-Metal
10-05-2013, 07:42 AM
I think everyone wanted stronger units and GREE handed them out. Now everyone thinks they're too strong.

Blade of 3
10-05-2013, 07:45 AM
I think if they want to hand out these units so the top tier factions can spend their money somewhere, they should at least tie a very large xp reward to it.

Wayne-Metal
10-05-2013, 08:18 AM
I think if they want to hand out these units so the top tier factions can spend their money somewhere, they should at least tie a very large xp reward to it.
Don't they though? Some if these elite targets give 100+ xp a hit.

milankovitch
10-05-2013, 08:35 AM
becoming?????

Blade of 3
10-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Don't they though? Some if these elite targets give 100+ xp a hit.

That's not what I'm referring to. I'm talking about people that don't do any of the missions and just leach for rewards and only obtain minimal xp for the same rewards.

becoming?????

Well, I could bare some of the annoyances before. This hits me hard because I feel like I wasted two years on this game just to become the weak player that only takes a month to overcome now.

milankovitch
10-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Well, I could bare some of the annoyances before. This hits me hard because I feel like I wasted two years on this game just to become the weak player that only takes a month to overcome now.

I totally hear you. just thought the word offered an amusing point.

Hupernikomen
10-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Read my thread. Same page. The people above level 150 have been thrown to the curb. Either we have to spend a way disapportionate amount of gold compared to those below us or we are obsolete. So yes, for those of us in the highest tier, what is the point of playing if we visions on being strong for our level? Ironically i am still strong for level 156, but i am now a whale for above and below.

Teal'c
10-05-2013, 10:26 AM
I personally don't like the new high stat units for a couple of reasons:
1.) The hours spent into getting the old 'high stat' units (for me it was like 5k+), was hours of work and time, but now seeing you can practically do nothing and get them it is a blow to the ego, and pride.
2.) You kind of had a gauge before hand of the stat tiers, and stat/level. I knew in my echelon I was the highest by about 40k (which in that tier is quite a bit), and I knew how to gauge what was a viable target.
3.) Humans generally don't like a deviation from the normal.

It has certainly decreased my motivation to play, as I was striving for 300k to be viable in higher factions and have fun picking out units not walls. Now that my stats have virtually gone from 220k - 500k is just kind of diminishing emotionally (can't formulate in words what I feel). However this may just be an excuse for myself to take a break. I'm lacking the motivation, as it does not feel the same payoff as far as an hourly investment goes. There are many other factors here but I tried to keep it relative to the OP's topic.
This is just my humble opinion.

Auspex
10-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Blade of 3 nailed it.

I think the top 3 awards for WD should now be -25 levels -10 levels and -5 levels. Finally there would be something worth fighting for. We had an llp doing little in our faction, just filling an otherwise empty spot. With stats now over 50,000 X his level he thought he would be a big fish in the small fish pond. Apparently he isn't, there are a vast number of llp accounts that have insane stats and not through any work on their part just being in a top 500-50 faction and reaping the rewards.

I would hate to be a new player that couldn't get into a faction. By the time you hit level 20 you'd be up against accounts with up to 1 mil attack and defense. I think Gree has abandoned attracting new players entirely. Soon it'll be a game of the last pixel left standing.

W226
10-05-2013, 01:01 PM
I'll agree 100% with what has been said. I was a slow growth player for the last year and a half that tied into a top 4000 team since I wanted to go slow in growth. I used to have 2 to 3 times the attack and defense of the players around me and was able to get all of the limited buildings. Now, because I'm staying true to my faction, I am getting pounded daily. How the $&$&$&! can a sub 50 level player now be a whale in a month of play?!