PDA

View Full Version : Units and Prizes Raid Boss

P4TR1C14N
10-05-2013, 02:59 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure... but:
- The top prize is just a unit without any % def or att increase attached?
- A lot of honor as a prize?

So... i need to conclude the event is as hard as last one, but the prizes are only half worth the ones off previous

@SIRIUS: Does the top prize really has not % att or def linked?

Scottthegreat
10-05-2013, 04:33 AM
I wholeheartedly agree that there should be a modifier on the grand prize for this raid boss event! Top Prize no % att or def ? SIRIU(O)S?

Hi,

I'm not sure... but:
- The top prize is just a unit without any % def or att increase attached?
- A lot of honor as a prize?

So... i need to conclude the event is as hard as last one, but the prizes are only half worth the ones off previous

@SIRIUS: Does the top prize really has not % att or def linked?

Krayt
10-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Normal mode is definitely easier

-H-
10-05-2013, 06:41 AM
Definitely agree there should be a modifier.
Why should this raid not have one while the others did?
A lot easier to motivate the guild when you see a % boost and makes it all the more attractive!

Hersh
10-05-2013, 06:46 AM
If you think that this one Is just as hard as the last one, you're crazy.

Person
10-05-2013, 07:13 AM

normal's easier, heroic so far is just as hard.

P4TR1C14N
10-05-2013, 08:05 AM

Normal... Thats never hard. Heroic is exactly same as previous one and thats without doubt a costly one or did we already forget only 15 guilds did finish it last time?

Eddard KFF
10-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Normal was hard the last time, most guilds didn't even try to finish it. And some others did try but couldn't make it.

Hersh
10-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Normal... Thats never hard. Heroic is exactly same as previous one and thats without doubt a costly one or did we already forget only 15 guilds did finish it last time?

No I had not, my guild decided to not use any gems last time, it was so ridiculous.

We're about to finish normal, guess I'm about to find out exactly what you're talking about.

Scottthegreat
10-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Normal was hard the last time, most guilds didn't even try to finish it. And some others did try but couldn't make it.

Then Gree needs to add the modifier to further motivate other Guilds to complete the quest.

P4TR1C14N
10-05-2013, 09:17 AM
No I had not, my guild decided to not use any gems last time, it was so ridiculous.

We're about to finish normal, guess I'm about to find out exactly what you're talking about.

Good luck... You will see it will become quite challenging.

Krayt
10-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Last time we barely finished normal. This time we are going through it a lot faster.
The only thing that would hold us back is orbs

Alucard47
10-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Then Gree needs to add the modifier to further motivate other Guilds to complete the quest.

I know for my guild, we weren't going to spend hundreds of dollars on gems just to finish 1 level 100 boss last time. The modifier isn't going to motivate us to do it when you have to kill these lvl 100s or 90s in 15 minutes. We will just hit until we can't get thru a level, then hit lower levels for the units..

Scottthegreat
10-05-2013, 11:12 AM
I know for my guild, we weren't going to spend hundreds of dollars on gems just to finish 1 level 100 boss last time. The modifier isn't going to motivate us to do it when you have to kill these lvl 100s or 90s in 15 minutes. We will just hit until we can't get thru a level, then hit lower levels for the units..

I appreciate your frustration but we need encourage each other to succeed!

Kidder
10-05-2013, 11:29 AM
It's not worth finishing this quest without a modifier on the prize. It could be a 120k unit and would still not be as good as the last raid boss.

Maybe what they are doing is waiting to add a modifier til the last couple days. That way forcing guilds to gem extra hard of they hadn't already started the quest. Similar to changing the exp on the LTQ part way through. All those that didn't start the LTQ before the exp was changed only had half the time to complete it.

-WK- Headhunter
10-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone I am new on here but what about the orbs that was given last time shouldn't we have been able to keep left over instead of scramble to get them or spend a lot of honor for 1 orb.

StrictNine
10-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Hey everyone I am new on here but what about the orbs that was given last time shouldn't we have been able to keep left over instead of scramble to get them or spend a lot of honor for 1 orb.

Orbs are differently colored and only apply to the applicable raid boss event. In short no after each raid boss all orbs are gone.

Max Power
10-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Stat inflation sucks! Knock it off Gree!Oh yeah, can we have a bigger prize?

Aronius
10-05-2013, 05:58 PM

My thoughts exactly

Rastlin
10-05-2013, 06:14 PM
The orbs disappear after each Raid Boss Event. This is the way it has always been.

Person
10-06-2013, 02:20 AM

Stat inflation does suck, but the way this is going is making raw stats on units obsolete. This reward for heroic which now will take a collective spending of a few thousand per guild is going to be the reward for normal mode of an easy Iltq in a couple of months. Stat modifiers stay useful.

Hersh
10-06-2013, 02:40 AM

I lol'd

But yeah, I see what y'all were saying about heroic. Much more reasonable compared to last time, tone down the heroic a TINY bit, so top 50s can get it, and top 100 can push and organize for it, but this was a step in the right direction. And as much as many of you will disagree with me, I'm glad there's no bonus, they keep making tha gap wider and wider. F anything, I think the prizes on the way to the grand prize should just be amp'd up a little, so guilds have a reason to work on heroic and take it as far as they can, and the winner still gets more stat gains.

John1968
10-06-2013, 02:56 AM
Waiting for Gree to add a modifier to the top prize unit. Without a +20% or more att or def boost, I won't be spending anywhere near the $$ that I did for the last raid boss event. And that's the consensus of everyone I've talked to in my guild. And we are one of the 15 to complete the heroic last time.

Hersh
10-06-2013, 02:59 AM
But would you if there was another 60-100k in better units on the way to the grand prize John?

Person
10-06-2013, 03:05 AM
But would you if there was another 60-100k in better units on the way to the grand prize John?

The honor prizes swapped for units would make it worthwhile already lol. Honor is still useless.

Hersh
10-06-2013, 03:13 AM
The honor prizes swapped for units would make it worthwhile already lol. Honor is still useless.

Agreed, if the cost of the orbs was 1k/1 and 4k/5 I'd say differently, but as it is now, I feel the only improvements they need to make to raid bosses are;
1-start dropping orbs as soon as current raid boss ends
2- add anywhere from a 50-75% increase in drop likelihood
3-get rid of honor prizes
4-move current heroic prizes to normal
5-add back in the unit rewards from the Ballein (no necessarily the SAME ones, but if the heroic prizes stepped up better, there wouldn't be the need for ridiculous bonuses on grande prize, IE: the last couple prizes being 7.5k/7.5k, 10k/10k, 10k/17k, 17k/10k. The whole way up and down for heroic)
6-scale back heroic a TINY bit more, it should be within reach (with some spending of course) for most top 50s, and with organization and more than their average spending, many top 100s

To me those changes would completely balance out the raid bosses. No they shouldn't be too easy, but getting rid of honor, and adding step up prizes would make the heroic worth approaching for everyone, not just 10-30 guilds, and still make it worth completing if possible, without ridiculous bonuses attached. It would also make them more fun, IMO.

This should NOT be how ANY LTQ works: http://www.funzio.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4561&d=1380990639
That was posted by larrydavid, figuring 60 player guilds, with 10mil FAs

P4TR1C14N
10-06-2013, 04:22 AM
Waiting for Gree to add a modifier to the top prize unit. Without a +20% or more att or def boost, I won't be spending anywhere near the $$ that I did for the last raid boss event. And that's the consensus of everyone I've talked to in my guild. And we are one of the 15 to complete the heroic last time.

Same here... That will cost gree already 10.000 $ less revenue.