PDA

View Full Version : Higher level and stats losing fights?

Wildthing
08-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Can anyone explain how the level, attack and defense point comparison works when attacking a rival gang ?
I have been checking and comparing stats before attacking a rival and even if my level, attack, defense and mafia count are all higher - I am still losing fights. If it's random, what's the point of being able to see your rivals stats ?

Thanks for any help in clarifying this for me.

envy
08-17-2011, 05:40 PM
x2 Please explain!!

Trixie
08-18-2011, 05:32 AM
Yes, I find now that Im a higher level Im losing fights. What should I do to build up to be a better attacker? I have the goal of winning 12 consecutive fights and well, i havent done that once since getting that goal. Im now at level 20 but a worse attacker than when I was level 12.

Sphinx
08-18-2011, 12:29 PM
I feel your pain ...

I'm level 29 now and my goals are to fight people of my level. The problem isthat I only have 1.2k attack and most of the people have 3k defense so I can't attack at all, I don't make money anymore because my goals are not reached and because I don't make much gold anymore, I can't continue to do missions to get to better towns and I can't buy or get better attack equips , and when I do it doesn't seem to be doing a big difference.

How do you boost your attack at 3k ? I just don't get it I think .. :X

Sphinx
256 620 593

Crime City Mark
08-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Here is how attack and defense are applied in combat:

Step one, determine if attacking or defending.
Step two, calculate mafia.
Step three, each mafia member is given a weapon, and armor, and a vehicle if available.
Step four, apply the boost of relevant skill (a/d).
Final step, attacker and defender are given a random percentage boost or penalty.

Sphinx
08-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Here is how attack and defense are applied in combat:
Step three, each mafia member is given a weapon, and armor, and a vehicle if available.

By weapon you mean 1 melee and 1 gun , or only 1 melee or 1 gun (depending on what's best available) ?

Thank you for the precision

Sphinx
08-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Mark ? :$

Sphinx
08-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Bump ! ! !

Heavyhand
08-22-2011, 05:33 PM
"Each mafia member can equip 1 melee weapon, 1 gun, 1 armor, and 1 vehicle when fighting."
-Tap the question mark at the bottom of the fight results screen for this.
I believe in another post I read the admin stated the visual fight display will be corrected to show all 4 weapon slots after a fight... only three are being shown currently, although 4 are actually be calculated for.

To add to Marks post:
-The total item attack/defense rating in your profile is pretty much meaningless.
-This rating is based on the combination of weapons EVERY member of your mafia can carry.
-The reason the rating is meaningless is because when you are attacking you are only using your level x5 mafia members.
-So if you have 400 mafia and an att/def rating of 4000/4000 but are only at level 40, you can only attack with 200 of your mafia and your att/def rating during a fight could essentially be half of what is shown in your profile. You pretty much have to calculate it out or never have more mafia than you can attack with for the ratings to be accurate. The only way to be certain about your rivals attack rating is to determine how many mafia he can fight with based on his level, then go through his inventory to calculate what his att/def will be... BS... ya, that's what I thought too.

Hope this helps.

Botch
08-22-2011, 08:45 PM
The only way to be certain about your rivals attack rating is to determine how many mafia he can fight with based on his level, then go through his inventory to calculate what his att/def will be... BS... ya, that's what I thought too.

Hope this helps.I just had to quote this part. Are they freaking serious? Between this, the other issues and bugs there are and the ridiculous real world cash to gold/game cash ratio, I'm losing the drive to even play this game.

Thaseeker911
08-25-2011, 12:24 AM
This stuff is just too much number jargon and RNG... And the point that brings me to these forums is to find out why the heck my mafia has strong weapons and armor but randomly choose what to use in fights and robberies most of the time picking low level weak stuff that gets me beat wtf?!?

Junglistical
08-25-2011, 11:09 AM
"Each mafia member can equip 1 melee weapon, 1 gun, 1 armor, and 1 vehicle when fighting."
I believe in another post I read the admin stated the visual fight display will be corrected to show all 4 weapon slots after a fight... only three are being shown currently, although 4 are actually be calculated for.

To add to Marks post:
-The total item attack/defense rating in your profile is pretty much meaningless.
-This rating is based on the combination of weapons EVERY member of your mafia can carry.
-The reason the rating is meaningless is because when you are attacking you are only using your level x5 mafia members.
-So if you have 400 mafia and an att/def rating of 4000/4000 but are only at level 40, you can only attack with 200 of your mafia and your att/def rating during a fight could essentially be half of what is shown in your profile. You pretty much have to calculate it out or never have more mafia than you can attack with for the ratings to be accurate. The only way to be certain about your rivals attack rating is to determine how many mafia he can fight with based on his level, then go through his inventory to calculate what his att/def will be... BS... ya, that's what I thought too.

Hope this helps.

This is incorrect. It calculates based on your usable mafia.

Sphinx
08-25-2011, 01:30 PM
I think it's wrong because when I level up, my attack/defense changes .. if it was calculated on all the mafia members, it wouldn't change , right ?

madawgg
08-25-2011, 04:13 PM

To add to Marks post:

Hope this helps.
this is not true, ur stats shown on the menu is the actual stats. the only thing u guys r neglecting from mark's post is that there are attack/defense SKILLS. those two skills u dont really invest any lvl points in can do a great difference! i have 44 attack skills and 5 defense skills coz i dont care ppl attacking me since i have no money, but i do care when i attack other ppl.

madawgg
08-25-2011, 04:15 PM
I think it's wrong because when I level up, my attack/defense changes .. if it was calculated on all the mafia members, it wouldn't change , right ?
sphinx for ur previous post im confused, now im lvl 30+ and all the guys i c has about 2200 defense which is normal, and i can attack them with my 2100 attack. i rarely c ppl with 3000+ defense...that means they bought 5 veyrons...

cableman4347
10-25-2011, 01:40 AM
Well, it seems to me that the game has been a much greater success than Funzio envisaged, and that they are completely unprepared for the MANY gliches and problems in-game. I think that the calculation for fighting is totally rubbish ( and, boy, do I want to be more belittling of it than I feel perhaps appropriate) and it so annoys me that my stats can be SO much higher than a rivals, and yet I still lose. Funzio, this is almost legalised robbery; you are taking real money from people to buy items that are supposed to enhance their game and experience whereas, in reality, they don't. Everybody should wise up and stop spending real cash on this game and making these "developers" rich for nothing.

khung003
10-25-2011, 01:45 AM

your acc in game is also Sphinx, right ?

skunk
10-25-2011, 03:31 AM
Well, I tried to figure this out and failed to do it mathematically, however, trial and error fairs much better.

If you have an attack rating 100-200 higher than the enemies defense rating, you will win 100% of the time. I have not been beaten applying this strategy.
Robbing, you can actually rob people with much higher defense and get away with it :) Don't know why, don't care, it just works.

I have worked out why most people have piss poor attack/defense ratings and lose against many people in their rivals list and it's easily corrected, but I'm not putting it in open forum.

skunk

xclusiv
10-25-2011, 03:51 AM
i think the formula for the attacking and def is out of wack, i mean i attacked some guy that had like 20k def and i beat him many times when my attack was 15k lower than his def lol

SupremeFaze
03-06-2012, 05:20 AM
im way higher in stats equipment and everything else and i have some dudes who give ma run for my money and they are no where near my stats