PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when someone complains about being attacked/raided?

bcars
10-04-2013, 11:29 AM
It doesn't happen much, but occasionally I get people who very rudely complain if I attack or raid them. I'm talking about getting insulted and basically stomping their feet because my stats happen to be much higher than theirs.

My usual response is along the lines of "Hey, chill... it's a game. It's part of the game. And if you don't chill, I will pay you another visit." Or something like that. If their original complaint was bad, then I do pay them another visit as soon as they pop up again and hit a few buildings. But if they keep mouthing off and getting pissed, then I get more aggressive.

My opinion is that people who get so upset about being raided need to realize that it is all part of the game! When my stats were lower, I got hit ALL THE TIME. It is called Modern WAR... what do you expect? It is part of the game. And even though I have good stats now, I still get hit by players stronger than me, and sometimes REALLY hard for millions and millions. Such is life. I just don't get the players who get all upset about this.

What do you guys do?

Hereiam
10-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Just keep attacking them then say you are going to get your full faction to get then next so move on lol I have lost over 30m overnight sometimes but hey its a game and thats what we all do :-)

milankovitch
10-04-2013, 01:08 PM
laugh, that's what i do. laugh. had a faction mate that got a death threat. funniest thing ever.

bcars
10-04-2013, 01:11 PM
It really is hilarious. I had a guy a couple of days ago totally get in face because he had lower stats (he was still over 1M) and then when I told him to chill or I would pay him another visit, he said "Bite me"... OK. So I told him that it was his call and he asked for it... I have visited him twice now and both were rather aggressive... funny thing is that he has been very quiet so far. I wonder if he will speak up again????

Dudes seriously need to chill.

Exxtraterrestrial
10-04-2013, 01:12 PM
I hate those crybabies. Raid, attack, do whatever on him/her.

MaroonMonsoon
10-04-2013, 01:27 PM
I tell em to call the whaaaaaaambulance

Jrich
10-04-2013, 01:42 PM
anyone stupid enough to draw attention to themselves by posting rudely on the attackers wall deserves no sympathy or respect. i attack and raid lots of people, i can;t remember them all, unless you place a banner on my wall.

they obviously haven't learned how to play the game. i tend to ignore the comments but attack and raid relentlessly until i can no longer find them. our faction has a whole crybabies section on our forum.

what tends to get an attacker to leave you alone is to post a nice message, a compliment or offer to be allies. why don't you tell me a joke? i couldn't possibly attack someone who makes me laugh.

Rattlehead
10-04-2013, 01:56 PM
We post a picture of their profile so everybody in the Faction can pay them a visit..

LosKevanos
10-04-2013, 02:52 PM
I post the above and then our faction recruitment banner ;-)

Jrich
10-04-2013, 04:19 PM
i keep all the juicy posts on my wall for others to read. its quite entertaining.

if you are getting attacked by me then you are probably doing well at the game. im very strong for my level so i only attack strong rivals who give good BPs. or you have done well on your economy and i take a little cash. no big deal, happens to me too. getting attacked isn't an insult, its a compliment! good game bro.

Stooboot
10-04-2013, 04:27 PM
laugh, that's what i do. laugh. had a faction mate that got a death threat. funniest thing ever.

2 funny gotta love them modern war thugs lol. Havent had one of those in a wile, it makes my day that someone gets so mad that I took fake money from their phone game lol

KeroChu
10-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Tell 'em to STFU of course
They are playing the game, they are supposed to know the risk lol

What?
10-04-2013, 05:21 PM
My llp has been cruising for months and my news goes back 9 days. My main account not so lucky being lvl 227 there are far more people in that range and as such can seem like night and day between the two accounts. I don't mind getting attacked, but I do mind people attacking over and over unprovoked. There are so many players in the high levels especially when the range is from like 186-250 whereas my llp the range is 131 +\- 2 levels. It's like open season in the high levels and crickets before lvl 180. It's this kind of inconsistency that bothers me and not so much the attacks. Maybe rivals should be grouped by stats and not levels especially when some levels have 30x more targets (or 30x more chance being a target) than other levels.

Skoalrulz
10-04-2013, 05:22 PM
I like to thank people that I raid for there donation to my faction.

Chris_
10-04-2013, 06:06 PM
I always remind them that it's against the tos to play a war game below the age of 14

crazeejay
10-04-2013, 06:35 PM
What's even more funny is that some of them think they are untouchable just because of the name of their faction. They really piss and moan then when you attack them and then they threaten you with retaliation from the rest of their faction. LOL

Max Power
10-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Raiding? Attacking?What is this, 2011?

Blade of 3
10-04-2013, 10:12 PM
I usually troll by saying I'm sorry or something. They usually curse so much I can't even understand them. Lol

Jhenry02
10-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Well, If you read my fan club post, I'd avoid telling them "good luck."

That seems to really really angry some people.

keeskiller
10-05-2013, 03:05 AM
"just laugh" haha yes ofcourse laughing, but also raid the rest of his money buildings.. everytime they recover. so when i get insulted i will repay them a visit.

ProCision
10-05-2013, 04:08 AM
I attack more and raid more. I tell them that this is a war game not my little pony.

Starling
10-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Your right bcars, it's a game of fighting and raiding. But when I get the occasional sore loser, the first thing I do is look at his records. Does he fight and/or raid a lot? If he does, then what you did to him, he's doing to others. But if what they posted on my wall is over the top insulting, then I blackout their base, and send a little note about manners. If players are cool and nice about asking me to stop, I do and simply move on.

I am a cow
10-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Your right bcars, it's a game of fighting and raiding. But when I get the occasional sore loser, the first thing I do is look at his records. Does he fight and/or raid a lot? If he does, then what you did to him, he's doing to others. But if what they posted on my wall is over the top insulting, then I blackout their base, and send a little note about manners. If players are cool and nice about asking me to stop, I do and simply move on.

Same with starling if the victim asks me nicely to stop then ill stop one guy called me a annoying b1tch and told me to take my hacked stats away.... Wonder if he's a idiot or a real noob

Teal'c
10-05-2013, 10:38 AM
This happens to me occasionally, on both ends. If someone is on the receiving end of my wrath and they reply to me I will usually step back, as I'm a usually peaceful person, and I want them to have the same opportunity to play the game and not be to hindered due to one person. If I'm on the receiving end I will usually just wait it out and see if they go away if not, I'll just ask to be allies, if they still reject it I just ask them to have mercy. However this does not always work. I've found cash to be less and less valuable over time except for daily donations so I don't really mind to much anymore with cash buildings and am just focusing on stat buildings.

senex morosus
10-05-2013, 11:13 AM
If they ask nicely then I would let them be. Even though they have some nice buildings I would want to collect in the future. If I benefit from their buildings in FVF/PVP then I will offer a trade and if refused, then I move along. Some people can really insult you if you raid them and if so then dont stop hitting until they learn some manners but if they are nice and ask nicely, I would move along. Sometimes you find some people in one faction and both ask nicely. In this case, I avoid hitting anyone branded as that particular faction i.e UEA
That's what I would do

IlliniFan1
10-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Say "You're welcome."

Bobar
10-05-2013, 02:43 PM
it´s a bit like those excusing themselves for attacking me. i can deal with it as i do the same to others.

Socks
10-06-2013, 08:24 AM
I rarely get complaints. However, one jackoff attacked my HLP, and just wouldn't stop. Instead of saying anything, I destroyed his base, then destroyed him. Take out the composites factory and the boost buildings first, then go to town. Repeat- for two weeks. I cost him a truckload of A/D in the end. He stopped attacking me.

When it's my LLP, rather than ***** about it, I extend an offer to join our faction. I have yet to get hit twice. (fingers crossed)

krill
10-07-2013, 05:56 AM
similar thing happened to me, i raided a guy for a decent amount of cash, he posted on my wall "see ya soon ;)" i said come back any time your always welcome to your cash back, he tried lost - asked me to havemercy and i havent hit him again, even when he popped up on my rivals list with 2 lvl 3 curragh's buildings and 2 lvl 3 queensland barracks ready :( then on the other hand, we had a dummy insult one of our factions female members - repeatedly - for weeks even, our whole faction retaliated and blacked out his base for a couple days, then i came across him on my rivals list , blacked out his base and posted a little message, he replied askings what the purpose of attacking someone 30 levels below, i replied well your comments were rude back a month ago, and i see your still making these comments to others, so i will always hit your base when i see it! maybe you'll change your attitude/comments towards others!

The Pharoah
10-07-2013, 07:01 AM
I don't hit people that hard. Three or four attacks and on to the next one. Raiding is pretty pointless these days, but if you don't want to get raided then don't leave your pay-outs uncollected.

If I get hit badly or repeated, I usually just ask them if they're going to retire on that cash, or ask them if they want me to build them their own house on my base, they spend so much time there. Bit of humour usually makes things ok, most players aren't total ****s.

CJ D
10-07-2013, 12:11 PM
I don't complain, but will try to explain to guys during fvf the reason they don't want to take boost buildings all the way down. Most of the time I get a thank you.

fofito30
10-07-2013, 03:30 PM
It's really interesting you started the threat and kudos for that. Some players would laugh it out and ask for a donation slip (including me) or some form of funny reply as it is a game and we all find a bigger army at times, except for 2Legit2Quit, so far the biggest army at about 20mill.
The subject of how lower stats players react is something usual, but what I really laugh at is when a guy with "higher stats" attacks you and then the player retaliate in kind, either taking out boost or having other bigger meaner friends attack back. Then is not fun anymore for the attacker and he starts issuing threats and calling names and what have you. Happened to me this weekend when a player attacked me and when I went to his base saw that his boost were already out and was an easy target full with lighted buildings, they guy retaliated by posting stuff on my wall and hitting my targets because, in his words, the buildings were for a BP buddy. then why attack someone else if you have a partner?
Anyway kudos on the post

TIMB0
10-07-2013, 04:25 PM
"take what you can, give nothing back" - Cap'n Jack Sparrow

Socks
10-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Raiding is pretty pointless these days

Huh? I donate $100 million a day to my faction on a good day, $50-$75 million all others- and that's on top of upgrades, building purchases, and land purchases. I don't know where you get your money from, but I'm not big enough to throw down $100 mill a day just from my own base.

Jclarke
10-08-2013, 10:10 AM
I recently had several whiners and composed this as a reply if they are too abusive;
It’s a game… called modern war not modern sit around the campfire singing Kumbaya while holding hands

It’s a game….. the premise of which is to increase your profile stats, money, and skills by using one of several means that are part of The Game: boss, ltq, containers, faction tourney, wd , and yes even raids and attacks against other players

It’s a game….. we all get raided and attacked by stronger players. That’s part of The Game. And I find it VERY hard to believe that YOU, never in your history of playing, attacked or raided a weaker player.

It’s a game….. I don’t make a habit of attacking weaker players because I don’t get the max BP for the effort/stamina used. During faction tourney, however, in trying to reach certain goals, I will run the rivals list as it appears in the screen. That’s part of The Game.

It’s a game….. if I attack/raid consecutively it’s because you are giving high BP for faction tourney , you have money, or both.

It’s a game….. if you don’t vault your money, spend it, or give it to your faction, then don’t cry to me because I took some. Likewise if you don’t collect your $ buildings when they go hot, I will be glad to. My faction appreciates your contribution or in the alternative, I will place a commemorative plaque on the next LE building I get.

It’s a game….. you do realize the money in your vault or from your $ buildings is not real and only exists in the games programming code? And to quote the “Wallstreet” character Gordon Gekko, “Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another.”

It’s a game….. Gree sets the rivals list not me. If you don’t like being on the rival list with level 250+ and stronger players, you have one of three options, none of which may appeal to you: #1: send Gree a support ticket asking them to change it ( good luck with that one), #2: drop some allies so you move off the list, but beware, there are other strong, high level players that do the same thing to take advantage of their strength, or #3: stop being a @#$% cry baby.

It’s a game….. and while there is nothing personal in it, surely you don’t think the way to keep from being a “special project” is to post whiny #%& *&^% on my wall.

Dirty Mind
10-15-2013, 07:21 PM
I've got a great one going now. I think I raided some punk for less than $1 million and he started cussing me out, so I taunted him, raided him some more and he got extrememly vulgar. I still laugh and taunt him, but as soon as I get bored I'll report him and he has done more than enough to get a ban.

The real matias
10-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Ido the same I hit ten with no mercy :)

Dirty Mind
10-15-2013, 07:35 PM
I've hit nearly every building on his base lol. and members of my faction are posting comments to him on my wall as well. its really funny

Powerbang
10-15-2013, 07:46 PM
When I raid I hit pretty much everyone without discriminating. No one sticks in my memory unless they choose to place themselves there.

Once you've gotten my attention, a common occurrence would be to utter: "I immediately regret this decision..."

(Think Ron Burgandy in the Bear pit...)