PDA

View Full Version : What will go wrong today - Predict Now

CohibAA
10-04-2013, 09:23 AM
With the track record of never having an event go smoothly, let's hear your thoughts on how today will go... Will it be?

- Smooth, no problems.
- Slow servers
- Gold purchase errors
- Poor matching
- Influence errors
- Something else

;)

Dipstik
10-04-2013, 09:24 AM
I will not be first.

Oh wait!

[FwD] J1M H3N50N
10-04-2013, 09:25 AM
nothing but the usual...all of the above

USEF Laura
10-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Is there an option for all but the first one? "Smooth, no problems" seems a bit laughable ;)

GU7 F4WK3S
10-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Already heard about two gold purchase problems (never received vault). Buyer beware. If you get hit send in a ticket being sure to include your receipt.

Gingeasian
10-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Android Glitch still exist. Pain in the ass to have to scroll back down when using gold

TMI
10-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Yes, i can confirm that someone i know also didnt get there vault!
come on gree, get with it!!

Gingeasian
10-04-2013, 12:12 PM
And i bet there will also be trouble with the wins system

ploop
10-04-2013, 01:30 PM
and the game lags really bad.

Stooboot
10-05-2013, 12:30 AM
I will not be first.

Oh wait!

Do u just sit on the forums all day waiting for ppl to post things? Thats a sweet life u got lol

baxter_
10-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Do u just sit on the forums all day waiting for ppl to post things? Thats a sweet life u got lol

You can't troll a troll mate pointless

Muj
10-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Well we are getting matched up with top 20 - top 50 syndicates last few battles.. being a top 400 syndicate.. It's been happening too often to call it bad luck..

kingofwale
10-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Well we are getting matched up with top 20 - top 50 syndicates last few battles.. being a top 400 syndicate.. It's been happening too often to call it bad luck..

it's gree's intention so you can't get those "consecutive wins" easily without gold

CCKallDAY
10-05-2013, 09:55 AM
with the track record of never having an event go smoothly, let's hear your thoughts on how today will go... Will it be?

- smooth, no problems.
- slow servers
- gold purchase errors
- poor matching
- influence errors
- something else

;)all of the above

Armalg-the-Good
10-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Well we already have matching problems. We are getting matched with team several tiers above us. Wasn't a problem until today, so maybe something similar to what happened 2 wars ago where the problem just accelerated as the event progressed.

songsalieri
10-05-2013, 11:19 AM
With the track record of never having an event go smoothly, let's hear your thoughts on how today will go... Will it be?

- Smooth, no problems.
- Slow servers
- Gold purchase errors
- Poor matching
- Influence errors
- Something else

;) I cannot edit members to promote, demote or kick. One recent mem is deliberately setting us up for failure. Declare war, don't tell anyone...ignore posts to profile & syn board...Lose points..that's his whole strategy. Imanaged to salvage the 1st one, but lost the 2nd & he will prob od it again. i know other syns have booted ppl during war, so what's with this biz? new rule or game glitch? hmmmmm...last 2 wars, ppl were disappearing from the syn without getting kicked & they lost money & buildings from their hood as well....now when i want to kick someone, I can't? wow...epic game fail.

Travers
10-05-2013, 12:00 PM
We have been facing up against top 10 teams way to frequently (we are top 50)

Randolph
10-05-2013, 12:07 PM
I cannot edit members to promote, demote or kick. One recent mem is deliberately setting us up for failure. Declare war, don't tell anyone...ignore posts to profile & syn board...Lose points..that's his whole strategy. Imanaged to salvage the 1st one, but lost the 2nd & he will prob od it again. i know other syns have booted ppl during war, so what's with this biz? new rule or game glitch? hmmmmm...last 2 wars, ppl were disappearing from the syn without getting kicked & they lost money & buildings from their hood as well....now when i want to kick someone, I can't? wow...epic game fail.

You can and never could kick players during war. If they disappeared it means they were hackers who got banned

TMI
10-05-2013, 12:38 PM
the reason you're facing higher tiers is because those synds are scoring low points so they can be against lower tiers.
check the total ip at the end of battle, you'll see they are similar.

Capt.Molly
10-05-2013, 12:42 PM
I predict not many people will try to put up a fight against us because they be running scared.

Armalg-the-Good
10-05-2013, 12:50 PM
the reason you're facing higher tiers is because those synds are scoring low points so they can be against lower tiers.
check the total ip at the end of battle, you'll see they are similar.

What you are saying is true, everybody is running lower on points, but there is also a problem with matchups where point totals for matchups are not similar whatsoever. People who are saying this also have a lot of experience in other GREE games and what is going on is abnormal. The only question is how big this train wreck will get before GREE decides to fix the problem or will they continue to blow this off. We are getting horrible match ups based on points and that alone, and yes we are running under the radar for us as well.

k0de
10-05-2013, 02:57 PM
it's gree's intention so you can't get those "consecutive wins" easily without gold
As convenient as it would be to put every bug or improbable run of bad luck down to an evil conspiracy hatched by faceless men in a seedy backroom somewhere, there are times when a closer look at a situation, exposed to the light of common sense, reveals a case of something far less sinister. At the very least it serves to separate more plausible conspiracy theories from the crackpot tin-foil hat ones.

Matching a top 25/50 syndicate with a top 400 is a losing proposition. In theory, a top 400 would have to spend a lot of gold to beat a top 25 (if such a thing were even within their capacity to achieve- more on that in a minute) but it cuts both ways. A top 25 can beat a top 400 spending only a fraction of what they would against a more competitive team, and that's if they spend anything at all. It would be pointless to try to squeeze a couple of dollars out of the lower placed groups when it comes at the expense of the earnings from other, long established and demonstrably willing spenders.

Further to that, even given the will and the gold resources matching that of a top ranked group, it is likely beyond the means of a top 400 crew to outscore an opponent of that class. I don't think it would be an unreasonable estimate to say that in most cases, the stats for members of top 25/50's are likely to be at the very least double those of players you'd find of comparable level in a top 400 group. If you can't score against the opponent, all the gold in the world won't make a difference.

I won't call it bad luck, but given that it's in the financial interest of the Evil Empire (or whatever) to keep the battles competitive, I'd have to say that you seem to have suffered from some.... not... good, .......fortune.

Either that or "They" are out to get you. Bastards they are, I tell you.

TheWarthog
10-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Normally I would say that you are spot on k0de. But that doesn't really seem o be the case in this event. I'm in a 400/500, very low gold using syndicate. We've fought 23 battles so far and have been pretty well destroyed in 15. We've won 5 and maybe 3 were close but we lost. So our record is 5 wins, 18 losses, and in some of the battles we couldn't find a target on the other team below 300k defense. To some of you, that may be awfully low, but when I have the second highest attack in the syn at just over 400k and the syn average is probably less than 250, there is no possible way for us to win. Unless I and the one other person above 400k attack exclusively. With a lot of gold.

This event...well it sucks nuts

Captain Torgue
10-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Another issue, now I can't access the battle screen. Every event is in progress and the time left is 0 hours and 0 minutes. Force closed and rebooted twice. Time to delete and re-install.

Fingers crossed this works!