PDA

View Full Version : Battle Strategies?

TheWarthog
10-03-2013, 01:05 PM
I was wondering if anybody would be willing to share proven strategies for syndicate vs syndicate battle events. I've seen posts on message invites that discuss passive/active battle plans and other things like individual player roles, usefulness of buying hideouts vs using the money for bonuses.

What are your opnions on these and whatever other practices you have used with whatever degree of success to help your syndicate perform as well as it can during events?

Dipstik
10-03-2013, 01:08 PM
First! I suggest reading the forums. Good advice there.

Gingeasian
10-03-2013, 01:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HHVUSFS.jpg
Only thing you need

Fredfreddy
10-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Only thing you need

funniest post in months

TheWarthog
10-03-2013, 01:18 PM
LMAO Gingeasian...That's what we're tryign to avoid. Not turning this into a financial burden.

Dipstick, I'm trying to dig through and am finding some stuff like what I mentioned before...but finding specific strategies, not so much. Seems like people are somewhat guarded. Understandable since we're all competing against each other.

Stooboot
10-03-2013, 01:21 PM
You need no limits to play this game
http://www.bornrich.com/wp-content/uploads/s3/images/2007/10/05/amex-black-1_48.jpg

Gingeasian
10-03-2013, 01:27 PM
funniest post in months
Suck it Dippy

TheWarthog
10-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Besides Dipstick, I saw where you posted on the Campers guide that you can't believe anything posted on the threads. So can I believe you when you say there is good advice? ;-)

sister morphine
10-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Only thing you need
If a rank is important to you, yeah. With syndicate events likely to be attached to any future wars using your brain will become more important unless your credit limit is.... well, err, unlimited.

TheWarthog
10-03-2013, 02:26 PM
You guys aren't giving me much of a reason to be optimistic about being competitive without spending a buttload of real money. This is a game...I'd like to keep it fun. :-)

What strategies do you utilize besides gold? Right now, we use:

1. kamikazis on the walls and to PA the DL. We try to use our lower level, low attack/defense players.
2. Snipers to scout out targets and communicate enemy stats to the syndicate forum.
3. Soldiers attack based on posts by the snipers.
4. Active/passive battle plan.
5. Booting inactive players and recruiting between battles (obviously)

Most of those strategies we've gleaned from other syndicates, but haven't found much else.

We are debating the use of hideouts. We're somewhat divided between buying them or daving donations to max out bonuses, then once they are maxed, buying hideouts in the future.

Is this a viable plan? Are there other strategies that we are missing?

Gingeasian
10-03-2013, 02:32 PM
^^^
You nailed it. That should be your strategy if you arent planning on spending lots of money. External chat apps are also very helpful with planning and scouting because the game forum is slow and does not automatically update.

Best chat apps IMO in order are Groupme, Kakao, Line, Tin can and string, hawks, and then plaringo

TheWarthog
10-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I think our biggest issue right now is player motivation. We did use Groupme for one event, but haven't used it since. Maybe we'll give it a try.

What is your opinion on using hideouts? We are in 2 camps. One says they are useful in keeping other teams from scoring points and are, therefore, useful to us. The other thought is that they will be more useful when we get the bonuses, which is where we should spend the money.

Any thoughts? Or is either as effective and valid as the other?

Rebels
10-03-2013, 03:05 PM
You guys aren't giving me much of a reason to be optimistic about being competitive without spending a buttload of real money. This is a game...I'd like to keep it fun. :-)

1. kamikazis on the walls and to PA the DL. We try to use our lower level, low attack/defense players.
2. Snipers to scout out targets and communicate enemy stats to the syndicate forum.

Most of those strategies we've gleaned from other syndicates, but haven't found much else.

We are debating the use of hideouts. We're somewhat divided between buying them or daving donations to max out bonuses, then once they are maxed, buying hideouts in the future.

Pretty much the same game plan most low to no gold syndicates use.

As for walls we dont bother.

A. Still saving for more bonus's
B. Rivals will use energy hitting your wall when they could be losing agaisnt one of yor team.

Battle for points not amount of wins. Although all that will change along with defensive and passive battles when winning streaks come into play

TheWarthog
10-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks Rebels. That was kinda where I was on the walls. I think we bought some lvl 7 hideouts this time around, but may forgo them for the next.

sister morphine
10-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I think our biggest issue right now is player motivation. We did use Groupme for one event, but haven't used it since. Maybe we'll give it a try.

What is your opinion on using hideouts? We are in 2 camps. One says they are useful in keeping other teams from scoring points and are, therefore, useful to us. The other thought is that they will be more useful when we get the bonuses, which is where we should spend the money.

Any thoughts? Or is either as effective and valid as the other?
The value of hideouts depends on what tier you're in. Big hitting teams will just sweep them aside in a minute or two. But if the team(s) you face are mostly free players - and even more so if they have poor turn out - then they become more useful in reducing the points your rival can score off you. The same applies in reverse of course.

Fredfreddy
10-03-2013, 04:53 PM
The value of hideouts depends on what tier you're in. Big hitting teams will just sweep them aside in a minute or two. But if the team(s) you face are mostly free players - and even more so if they have poor turn out - then they become more useful in reducing the points your rival can score off you. The same applies in reverse of course.

Yeah, walls are a definite "yes" if you're not top 100, they will deter a ton of IP for your opponents

Drew's Crew
10-03-2013, 05:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hhvusfs.jpg
only thing you need

i love it!!!!!!

CCKallDAY
10-03-2013, 05:06 PM
1. My syndicate buys a hideout for a real battle, doesn't for a passive/fake.
2. Use gold.
3. Scout
4. Have the strongest player available scout 4 highest levels or more.

TMI
10-03-2013, 06:02 PM

Please excuse me if some of what I say is obvious, I don’t mean to be condencending, just trying to be thorough :)

1. First and foremost you need max participation from all members. If you guys are a free syndicate, then I would battle every 3 hours. Yes, you can battle every 2.5 but you might not get the participation required because ppl may get confused with the timings. Using 3 hr intervals makes it the same times every day because of the 24 hr day. Example, first fight is 3pm EST, then6 pm, 9pm, 12am, 3am, 6am, 9am, 12 noon, 3 pm again! Easy right! Good to remember for the 3 days :) This will ensure no confusion and easy times for everyone to know when to fight so you hopefully get most ppl showing up to wars. I can't stress how important participation is because of your rival's wall. To score high, you need to hit rivals, not walls, so the more ppl show up, the more ip you get. What i mean to say is, you will get MORE than double the ip points if 30 ppl show up than if 15 ppl show up. PARTICIPATION IS KEY. In fact, have someone keep track of that, and take THAT into consideration when booting ppl after the war. I'd rather have a wall banger that shows up to every war than someone who show up to half of them and just hits targets. The wall banger sacrifices ip points himself, so others can get it.

2. You also need a spreadsheet with all members, columns for level, attack, defense, at least. Arrange it from highest attack down to lowest attack. MAKE SURE TO USE 80% of attack (or 75% or whatever). This spreadsheet is given to all officers who may be doing battleplans during the 3 days. Basically give it to all officers.

3. Have check-in using an external app like groupme, etc, 10 min before battle time, and highlight all the players that sign-in on your spreadsheet.

4. Keep the 2 lowest attack players and highest attack player aside (I’ll go into that later), and have a few ppl to scout, usually the ones with the highest attack / level stat, and they should be of varying levels, like some high level ones, midrange, and low range for 3 ranges of scouting (you can do 4 if you want, whatever), 2-3 high level players can split 200+, like a-m and n-z, or a-h and i-p, and q-z, or whatever.

5. DL and wall. Remember the 2 lowest ppl and highest attack person? Ok, so lowest attack person that shows up hits DL with a PA and reports back to groupme the def stats. If the highest guy can beat that (using 80% attack stats or 75% or whatever you're using) then he hits DL with a normal hit, and has 3 hits left which can go to scouting, and the 2nd lowest guy can do 4 to wall since he wasn't used. If DL is too high, then the 2nd lowest person does 2nd PA to DL, and the highest guy can scout with 4 hits.

6. Usually all non-scouts can do 1 hit to wall, it depends how many ppl show up to war. If you're approaching 53 minutes left, HIT WALL TWICE if not down, cuz you'll get 2 more hits at the end anyways. (6 hits in total)

Your welcome :D

TheWarthog
10-03-2013, 06:47 PM
We're just made it inside 500 last event. Event before last we faced a probably top 100 team right out of the box.... and got destroyed. It was like we didn't have a wall.

A lot of stuff to consider. Thanks for all of the input. I copied the url into an email to the syndicate leader and officers. Probably experiment with hideouts, social media and some of TMI's suggestions. Thanks man. Not offended or condescending at all.

greenwood
10-04-2013, 03:37 AM
Tin can and string, hawks, and then plaringo

Funniest thing I've read in a while!

jonnybravo2
10-04-2013, 06:28 AM
after last battle wouldnt the best strategy be to aim for the next lowest tier and hope Gree gives same prizes as if you hit higher tier? :) seemed to work for many synd!

TheWarthog
10-05-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying Johnny. Are you saying basically to try hard for one event, then take a dive for the next to see if in the 3rd we'll fare better?

Forgive for not getting it. It may be the beer. Or I may be punch drunk from getting my ass kicked in this event. Being matched with too many teams WAY out of our league.

jchow69
10-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Oh, well, what I do is, score just enough points to win a battle. If you lose, don't score at all or lose by a lot and save health for next battle. This is best strategy to win and save gold.

photocat
10-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Use as much booze as you can, it works for us, breakfast of champions.

Bala82
10-06-2013, 02:15 AM
Well i just use 1 man syndicate and let rest of my members do whatever

1) I take out the leader
2)Let rest of member do the rest

6 wins and 2 losses so far :(

We are very small team so we get match low teams which makes it fine

Our aim is just do syndicate goals so far 5/9 goal completed

Top 4000

N41LZ
10-06-2013, 05:58 AM
You need no limits to play this game
http://www.bornrich.com/wp-content/uploads/s3/images/2007/10/05/amex-black-1_48.jpg

Rumor has it, all FC members must prove they own at least one Centurion Card before they can be given syn membership