PDA

View Full Version : Faction Events Out of Control

LCDR2012
10-03-2013, 12:51 PM
I consider myself a mid-tier player at this point or at least a few weeks ago. My level was just slightly over 100 high 100’s attack and defense. I really started playing full time in June when I joined a faction. My faction is probably average, some participate a lot and some very little. We don’t have participation requirements but just for donations. We finish events around 1500ish primarily due to participation but were trying hard and its fun just top try and improve. I was one of the top three active players and was rewarded by my stats growing from a few thousand to being the 3rd strongest member and being promoted to an officer.

I like the idea of the faction events but now everyone is rewarded for the work of a few. The individual LTQ’s for those that work ahead to presage at the cost of levels give crap just like this new Beat the Elite and the Faction rewards are so big for all of these. The Wrath Goliath 8000/7000was given to all although some only hit the elite one or two times.

As a result players that don’t put in a lot of effort have significantly increased stats with little work riding on the back of their faction. The evidence is clear just a few weeks ago I used to be stronger than more than 50% of the players at my level now there are not as many that I can attack. Sometimes I have to search for 10 minutes to find someone to attack. The low-participants in my faction have stats so much higher now.

Maybe it’s just me but has anybody else noticed this. I love this game would play to 2 in the morning on the weekends and first thing when I wake up but now it seems effort is not rewarded being in a large faction with some very strong members is what counts the most.

I think the faction rewards should only be given to members who participate in the event. There also could be something for those who participate the most. I don’t know but I do know things have changed in the last month with the faction events and strength of the prizes.

daniel pena
10-03-2013, 01:03 PM
its happening to many others, including me
inflating stats

I used to win 95% of my rivals list
now, I win 5%

their stats is from 500k to 1.4 million
its absurd... Im level 126, 370k/430k (before this, I was 240k/270K)

Jahnkman
10-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Consider the fact that you are in a faction that can at least get those units. For myself I started playing in July and really didn't figure it out until august. Thought it was cool to start my own faction and invite real friends. As a result, I have an eight person faction (603-911-863) that can't compete because... Well we are an eight person faction. I get it, if I want to dominate I need to invite other people or join a larger faction. But that is on me.

What I noticed from this past month is that if you are in a large faction and GREE makes coding errors then you will get amazing units. For the rest of us now fighting those with five goliaths, we just sit back and say well it is what it is. But I totally agree that the %power increase over the last month definitely went through the roof. Just sad that I got to see others take advantage while I sit back and watch the power gap get even larger. Oh well.

Thief
10-03-2013, 01:27 PM
First it sounds to me like you need to consider joining a better faction. Right off the bat you sound like someone who could be in a top 250 or better faction.

This should help eliminate some of the (that player didn't do much and got the same reward) Remember this is a team based game now and so you either have to adjust the faction your in or Change Factions or adjust your play style.

Finally remember that everyone will have strenths and weaknesses. Some will be better at WD events, Donations, Bosses or LTQ. Remember that when the player isn't knockin down a bunch of bosses for the team perhaps they are contributing to the other 2-3 types of events (although the boss one was a bad example as this round all you had to do was beat some and then log in)

Finally your also describing Stat inflation. Its being talked about in lots of threads right now.