PDA

View Full Version : My Crime City Strategy Evolution

dart
10-03-2013, 04:19 AM
I am having more fun than ever playing this game. The new events and buildings introduced this year have certainly increased my physical involvement via tapping and my stats are skyrocketing.

But I have noticed that all this fun has come at the expense of my intellectual involvement.

While browsing the contents of my disk drive, I happened to take a look in my Crime City excel folder. For fun, I blew the dust off one of my .xls sheets from over a year ago and decided to open it up to have a look. Several worksheets containing analysis quantifying how much Respect various buildings offered per rob, ROIs on money buildings, inventory analysis quantifying my marginal weapons to help me decide how to use game cash and respect, as well as detailed logs of prizes and gold usage to create a "market" for determining the value of spending gold for different items (i.e. Should I spend 150 gold on a Type A Frosty Building or use that money for a 300 attack weapon, if I need a higher IPH of faster to buy weapons to offset the gold used?).

A year ago, to have an edge in this game against my peers within my level bracket, this game required serious analysis!

Today, I have a new strategy, and it reminds me of the South Park "Paris Hilton" Episode. I call my new strategy "Drunk, stupid, spoiled rich girl" strategy. Respect and game cash don't matter anymore - the weapons they buy are now meaningless in anyone's inventory in a Top 100 syndicate that also participates in the other events. Since game cash doesn't matter, IPH is largely irrelevant as well (aside from the prizes from building out the LTBs to Level 10).

My new strategy now involves getting as much gold as possible as cheaply as possible. Buying iTunes gift cards at 20% off and buying enough gold for the top gold club tier during a 20% (or 40% off - giggidy!) off sale is my favorite, which lowers my Gold vault cost to around $27.43 per vault.

Is my new strategy good? How is this for results: 6 months ago, I was level 74, my attack was 65,000 and my IPH was $900,000.

Today, I am level 203, my attack is 2,500,000 and my IPH is nearly $10,000,000!

And it only took about 150,000 gold - how is that for strategy!

- Dart / "Jack Burton"

p.s. No, I am not quitting the game nor trying to be a little cry baby about the changes - fortunately the gold spend is within my means. Just publicly reflecting on how my gameplay has evolved over the past couple years

CCKallDAY
10-03-2013, 04:22 AM
First, nice stats

sabatoa
10-03-2013, 06:38 AM
My new strategy now involves getting as much gold as possible as cheaply as possible. Buying iTunes gift cards at 20% off and buying enough gold for the top gold club tier during a 20% (or 40% off - giggidy!) off sale is my favorite, which lowers my Gold vault cost to around $27.43 per vault.

Can you or anyone else elaborate on this? How much do you need to buy and what is the bonus?

GU7 F4WK3S
10-03-2013, 06:48 AM
Can you or anyone else elaborate on this? How much do you need to buy and what is the bonus?

Spend $2k buying vaults and get 50,000 additional gold free. The OP is likely buying 33-35 vaults in one calendar month at 40% off to hit $2000 bonus tier. Than GREE hands him another 33 vaults worth of gold. Works out to be about $30 a vault.

dart
10-03-2013, 06:51 AM
If you spend $2,000 in one month, you get 50,000 free gold, or 33.3 vaults. If you use iTunes gift cards at a 20% discount, you spend $1,600 to create a $2,000 iTunes account Balance.

When you spend $2,000 of iTunes account money on $80 vaults, you get 25 vaults, but you only spent $1,600 for those vaults. Then at beginning of the following month, you get 33.3 vaults delivered to your account, for a total of 58.3 vaults for spending $1,600, or $27 per vault.

If you did this once every 18 months, your monthly game cost is $88, or less than a full price vault, and you have enough gold to always be on a top 10 team and win those prizes. Although lately non-syndicate events have offered superior prizes relative to gold spend than syndicate prizes.... (I guess I still do occasionally use a spreadsheet)

cditti
10-03-2013, 07:02 AM
If only android had those discount gift cards

sabatoa
10-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the explanation. I'd been hearing about these gold bonuses, it's nice to hear how it works.

GU7 F4WK3S
10-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Dart you should expand on this thread/topic. Has the potential to be very useful. Gold purchasing strategy is one thing. Gold spending strategy another. Any advice on where to focus a vault or sixty worths of gold?

Fredfreddy
10-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Y'know, it's always been very odd to me that GREE do not publish the gold bonus program more aggressively. it's almost a secret, and they're strangely persnickety about it in general. It should be a sticky on page 1, with lots of detail and whatnot, I don't see any reason not to publicize it. When I see a post like this one the OP really lays it out in terms of real world spend per month, $88/month does not seem entirely unreasonable, and it makes me want to increase my spend habits.

And +1 GU7, gold spend strategy is something that changes dramatically from event to event. I think the most important thing about spend is making sure you meet your minimums for wars, as being in a good syndicate is key to this game, since being in a good syndicate also means you'll naturally get better loot for SLTQs, syndicate boss events, PVPs, this upcoming boss raid event, etc. Outside of "gold cost to be in a good syndicate" I think the gold spend strategy is a bit arbitrary since stat inflation continuously supersedes loot.

dart
10-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Guy - I can't post my gold spending strategy because it's the only edge I have left in the game!

Dipstik
10-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Buy henchmen.

Boo Boo Redux
10-03-2013, 09:11 AM
I am having more fun than ever playing this game. The new events and buildings introduced this year have certainly increased my physical involvement via tapping and my stats are skyrocketing.

But I have noticed that all this fun has come at the expense of my intellectual involvement.

While browsing the contents of my disk drive, I happened to take a look in my Crime City excel folder. For fun, I blew the dust off one of my .xls sheets from over a year ago and decided to open it up to have a look. Several worksheets containing analysis quantifying how much Respect various buildings offered per rob, ROIs on money buildings, inventory analysis quantifying my marginal weapons to help me decide how to use game cash and respect, as well as detailed logs of prizes and gold usage to create a "market" for determining the value of spending gold for different items (i.e. Should I spend 150 gold on a Type A Frosty Building or use that money for a 300 attack weapon, if I need a higher IPH of faster to buy weapons to offset the gold used?).

A year ago, to have an edge in this game against my peers within my level bracket, this game required serious analysis!

Today, I have a new strategy, and it reminds me of the South Park "Paris Hilton" Episode. I call my new strategy "Drunk, stupid, spoiled rich girl" strategy. Respect and game cash don't matter anymore - the weapons they buy are now meaningless in anyone's inventory in a Top 100 syndicate that also participates in the other events. Since game cash doesn't matter, IPH is largely irrelevant as well (aside from the prizes from building out the LTBs to Level 10).

Is my new strategy good? How is this for results: 6 months ago, I was level 74, my attack was 65,000 and my IPH was $900,000.

Today, I am level 203, my attack is 2,500,000 and my IPH is nearly $10,000,000!

And it only took about 150,000 gold - how is that for strategy!

- Dart / "Jack Burton"

p.s. No, I am not quitting the game nor trying to be a little cry baby about the changes - fortunately the gold spend is within my means. Just publicly reflecting on how my gameplay has evolved over the past couple years

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/HULK_zps17dcb71a.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/qwerty9702/media/HULK_zps17dcb71a.jpg.html)

GU7 F4WK3S
10-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Buy henchmen.

Goes without saying but what would you do with the other 91,500 gold?

Dipstik
10-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Buy more henchmen!

TMI
10-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Talking about the "super secret" gold bonus program on the forum?!

IBTL :p

Emperor886
10-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Where/how do you get the iTunes cards 20% off?

Dipstik
10-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Where/how do you get the iTunes cards 20% off?

China. Extras.

TheWarthog
10-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Really nothing worthy to add...just gotta say...I'm in the wrong line of work. Who the hell has $2k a month to put towards a game? Thats more than my HOUSE payment. AND car payment. With insurance.

Envious.

Fredfreddy
10-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Really nothing worthy to add...just gotta say...I'm in the wrong line of work. Who the hell has $2k a month to put towards a game? Thats more than my HOUSE payment. AND car payment. With insurance.

Envious.

have another read, the point of the OP's post is that there's a spend strategy so you maximize gold for your money. He spent $1600 for one month, but will use the gold over 18 months, so really $88 per month.

Crime Kity
10-03-2013, 01:35 PM
:o might try this. Thanks.