PDA

View Full Version : LTBs have a lower sell return than others?

Curtis Snow
10-03-2013, 12:04 AM
So I just sold my big top burlesque after upgrading it to level 8 which costed about 90-95m total and only got 11m back from selling it? I was pretty sure when you sell buildings you get 25 or 50% of the investment back?

ILikeTheAbuse
10-03-2013, 12:24 AM
90,000,000 x .25 = 11,000,000

I'm here all night to help you with your GREE-Math homework. some other quick tips: 30min = 10min, 1hr = 10hrs and 6 goals = 7 goals

reesebutton
10-03-2013, 12:26 AM

I'm here all night to help you with your GREE-Math homework. some other quick tips: 30min = 10min, 1hr = 10hrs and 6 goals = 7 goals

Yup, looks legit

Curtis Snow
10-03-2013, 12:31 AM

I'm here all night to help you with your GREE-Math

Times two..

reesebutton
10-03-2013, 12:53 AM
seriously, i'll be selling my big top in a couple days. hope gree's math gets better by then.

sister morphine
10-03-2013, 12:59 AM
Your maths is a big steaming pile. You get 50% back of the last upgrade cost you paid. It's not cumulative.

In this case however, looks like the carneys shafted you. Go figure! ;)

noamlin
10-03-2013, 02:22 AM
Your maths is a big steaming pile. You get 50% back of the last upgrade cost you paid. It's not cumulative.

In this case however, looks like the carneys shafted you. Go figure! ;)
Really?
R u sure or r u guessing?

Cuz this sux. Not worth the upgrading and selling (ever) if I get so little back

Kepheus2nd
10-03-2013, 03:32 AM
Really?
R u sure or r u guessing?

Cuz this sux. Not worth the upgrading and selling (ever) if I get so little back

I sold a lot of buildings lately. Always got 50% back of the last upgrade cost. Reduced by my reduced upgrade cost modifier, i.e. I got back 35% of what I originally paid. But in this case (def buildings, low level low iph buildings) I couldn't care less.

I will sell the circus tent when upgrading to lvl 10 solely to save time for better iph upgrades. Losing 100 mil or so is not my concern as I couldn't buy the stat increase with that cash.

sister morphine
10-03-2013, 03:59 AM
I sold a lot of buildings lately. Always got 50% back of the last upgrade cost. Reduced by my reduced upgrade cost modifier, i.e. I got back 35% of what I originally paid. But in this case (def buildings, low level low iph buildings) I couldn't care less.

I will sell the circus tent when upgrading to lvl 10 solely to save time for better iph upgrades. Losing 100 mil or so is not my concern as I couldn't buy the stat increase with that cash.
Absolutely. The cash for this LTB is irrelevant. I'll be running mine up to level 10 in less than 2 days. The nice thing is its not made any dent at all in accumulated cash on hand :) quite the opposite, and I shall keep my tents - might even buy a carousel to go with them.

CCKallDAY
10-03-2013, 04:06 AM
So I just sold my big top burlesque after upgrading it to level 8 which costed about 90-95m total and only got 11m back from selling it? I was pretty sure when you sell buildings you get 25 or 50% of the investment back?Do the math and tell us, why is every post you post a complaint?

sister morphine
10-03-2013, 04:07 AM
Do the math and tell us, why is every post you post a complaint?
Must be a psychological thing - bit like those people who feel the need to jump on new threads shouting "first" like a 5-year old ;)

CCKallDAY
10-03-2013, 04:09 AM
But right now my post is last, i'm so sad :(

tom73
10-03-2013, 04:48 AM
This is why I upgraded mine to a 5 then sold it. Great bargain at that point.

Kepheus2nd
10-03-2013, 05:06 AM
Absolutely. The cash for this LTB is irrelevant. I'll be running mine up to level 10 in less than 2 days. The nice thing is its not made any dent at all in accumulated cash on hand :) quite the opposite, and I shall keep my tents - might even buy a carousel to go with them.

It's rather surreal: Upgrading the LTB all the way and at the same time saving more than 3 bil for the next one. OTOH I'd like another Pagoda or WSFG as the next building but for all I know that won't happen.

I, too, will rebuild the tent the moment I sell it. They're useless iph-wise but give some color. And I'm a LTB collector anyway :)

My2cents
10-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Should Gree come out with another cheap building we might be faced with having that much more cash on hand and what to do with it. $3B on hand is great, but another cycle like this and we are looking at having $6B next month. Having to decide whether to go for a new cheap LTB with weapons or dumping the cash on previous building upgrades.

Fredfreddy
10-03-2013, 08:39 AM
I, too, will rebuild the tent the moment I sell it. They're useless iph-wise but give some color. And I'm a LTB collector anyway :)

What's the point of selling and rebuilding?

jmeijer
10-03-2013, 09:31 AM
What's the point of selling and rebuilding?He collects the LTB's, but he wants to use the 78hrs he saves for a better upgrade.

budman68
10-03-2013, 09:44 AM
i don't see a reason to sell. Unless you are desperate for space. Myself am maxed out on expansions and would delete defense builds before i sold this off.

Fredfreddy
10-03-2013, 09:54 AM
He collects the LTB's, but he wants to use the 78hrs he saves for a better upgrade.

I gotcha, so he means he'll sell it as soon as he starts the L9 -> L10 upgrade so he can better use those lost hours on a building upgrade more rewarding. Interesting idea, though selling of a soon-to-be L10 building is unsettling. Though there is better dIPH out there, you have to also factor in that you're losing raw IPH by selling it. Not sure how to weigh that in to make the best decision.

Stooboot
10-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Y sell the buildings even if u got the full 90 mill back u would make that in a week or 2 off the buildings income its like a level 1 4 hrs night club, mine as well keep it

jmeijer
10-03-2013, 10:53 AM
i don't see a reason to sell. Unless you are desperate for space. Myself am maxed out on expansions and would delete defense builds before i sold this off.I sold it because my income/hr is 16,9 mil and I could squeeze Pagoda to 10 in between this and the next LTB. Pagoda to 10 gets me almost 300K/hr extra, and that's significantly more than the Big Top Burlesque.

I gotcha, so he means he'll sell it as soon as he starts the L9 -> L10 upgrade so he can better use those lost hours on a building upgrade more rewarding. Interesting idea, though selling of a soon-to-be L10 building is unsettling. Though there is better dIPH out there, you have to also factor in that you're losing raw IPH by selling it. Not sure how to weigh that in to make the best decision.I always go for the best upgrade by measuring dIPH/upgrade time, and this LTB was a big exception to this. The items were the reason I built this, and I could save a nice 5,5b in between - ideal to start another upgrade! I think that Kepheus rebuilds it just to have the building and not for the IPH/hr involved; why would you want a big building when your IPH is 8,6m as his signature suggests?

Y sell the buildings even if u got the full 90 mill back u would make that in a week or 2 off the buildings income its like a level 1 4 hrs night club, mine as well keep itDepends on your collectable income in my eyes. I don't look at ROI at all, because a building with a better IPH increase will always be the better upgrade over a long time period.

Fredfreddy
10-03-2013, 11:02 AM
I sold it because my income/hr is 16,9 mil and I could squeeze Pagoda to 10 in between this and the next LTB. Pagoda to 10 gets me almost 300K/hr extra, and that's significantly more than the Big Top Burlesque.
I always go for the best upgrade by measuring dIPH/upgrade time, and this LTB was a big exception to this. The items were the reason I built this, and I could save a nice 5,5b in between - ideal to start another upgrade! I think that Kepheus rebuilds it just to have the building and not for the IPH/hr involved; why would you want a big building when your IPH is 8,6m as his signature suggests?
Depends on your collectable income in my eyes. I don't look at ROI at all, because a building with a better IPH increase will always be the better upgrade over a long time period.

Yep, I gotcha, I'm considering doing this myself, hadn't really thought about it before. Seems like the next building is this: http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Top_Burlesque#comm-4899 ... probably released next Wed night (US time) if history tells us anything, so I'll need about 2.5B to get it to L10 as well, I think i'll cancel my BIgTop ->L10 upgrade as well and go for a pagoda too.

budman68
10-03-2013, 11:19 AM
my income is like 7mil per hr. and how much is too much really. just like attack and defense. there will be others that have better. Sure i could have upgraded this or that and eeked out more per hr.

Crime Kity
10-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Omg I'm almost able to afford this

ILikeTheAbuse
10-03-2013, 09:00 PM
So I just sold my big top burlesque after upgrading it to level 8 which costed about 90-95m total and only got 11m back from selling it? I was pretty sure when you sell buildings you get 25 or 50% of the investment back?

There is an option to get to that 11mil number. It pays back 25% of the last upgrade that has Completed. Also, it only pays back based on the amount that you put in. So if the upgrade was 30% cheaper then that has to be taken into account.

So, does this scenario sound correct? You upgraded it to L7 at a 30% discount. That finished. You upgraded it to L8 at a 30% discount and sold it before it finished. It payed you back 50% of the price you paid you for the L7 upgrade because the 8 was still under construction so the building was still listed as a L7. Without exact numbers and a list of your relevant modifiers there is no way to be sure, but this scenario seems to work out about right.

Edit: L7 upgrading to L8, sold before completion. Upgrades purchased with 30% off. Returned: $18,980,466

So, I had paid for the L8 upgrade, but it didn't pay me back for what hadn't yet completed.

L7- 54,229,907 x .7 x .5 = 18,980,467.45

Curtis Snow
10-03-2013, 09:31 PM
There is an option to get to that 11mil number. It pays back 25% of the last upgrade that has Completed. Also, it only pays back based on the amount that you put in. So if the upgrade was 30% cheaper then that has to be taken into account.

So, does this scenario sound correct? You upgraded it to L7 at a 30% discount. That finished. You upgraded it to L8 at a 30% discount and sold it before it finished. It payed you back 50% of the price you paid you for the L7 upgrade because the 8 was still under construction so the building was still listed as a L7. Without exact numbers and a list of your relevant modifiers there is no way to be sure, but this scenario seems to work out about right.

Edit: L7 upgrading to L8, sold before completion. Upgrades purchased with 30% off. Returned: $18,980,466

So, I had paid for the L8 upgrade, but it didn't pay me back for what hadn't yet completed.

L7- 54,229,907 x .7 x .5 = 18,980,467.45

I got to the one where it costed 38m with the 30% off i guess that was level 7? i paid for it got the item and sold it without finishing the upgrade and only got 11m back because im guessing the previous upgrade was 22m. Which still doesnt make since, it should of gave me back 50% of the 38m.