PDA

View Full Version : Good job Gree

Tyrant
10-02-2013, 05:03 AM
Nice work on the level 300 unit, it has good stats, but not stats that will inflate the game, thanks for listening to your players.

ryguy8899
10-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Once again you start one of the worst threads. That unit sucks big time and only a fool would attempt to get it. Your wdp would decrease so largely. On the other hand I hope I face some lvl 300s so I can kick their a***es

Exxtraterrestrial
10-02-2013, 01:20 PM
You are totally right rg. It is totally a disgusting unit. I would never get it. It's stupid.

ryguy8899
10-02-2013, 01:23 PM
tyrant really needs to get off the forum lol

ryguy8899
10-02-2013, 01:24 PM
make sure to rate it and give it 1 star

Tyrant
10-02-2013, 03:31 PM
I wish to solve the problem of inflation, agree obviously saw the same problem I did and are now fixing it, if you wish to be simple minded and greedy about this then I ask you not to post on my thread. If you have a good constructive reason as to why it's bad, please do tell.

Deadwater
10-02-2013, 03:34 PM
I wish to solve the problem of inflation, agree obviously saw the same problem I did and are now fixing it, if you wish to be simple minded and greedy about this then I ask you not to post on my thread. If you have a good constructive reason as to why it's bad, please do tell.

Technically speaking you cant stop inflation once inflation has already started. Gree basically just gave the finger to big spenders that would go for the unit. How much gold to get to lvl 300? The unit return on stats isn't worth the gold.

Tyrant
10-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Inflation can be stopped and history proves that many times. If they keep a steady flow of units with lower stats than normal the problem can be fixed and people will have to be patient.

Deadwater
10-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Inflation can be stopped and history proves that many times. If they keep a steady flow of units with lower stats than normal the problem can be fixed and people will have to be patient.

Not a chance. You have people sending vault after vault to get these epic units. When they put out a 8k unit as a top prize in a LTQ people will and should save their gold for the next epic weapon.
I could complete FLTQs and battle win streak goals only and be stronger then the guy wasting a vault for each 8k unit.

Hence inflation. Even if the mildy ok stat items are being used those competing for the epic weapons will surpass those that don't care for "stat inflation"..

Either you continue to tap tap tap, or you tap the delete button and move on to a different game.
Maybe that game called "Campers!" Will suit most

And FYI stat inflation has always been around. Every epic boss, every case event and battle stats went up. Sure they recently had some sky rocketing stat units come out but it was all in due time.

When people boost 8-12million stats do you think they want a 8k unit or a 100k unit. And clearly those higher stat members are the back bone to spending and gree profits. Better to keep them happy then those noods that don't know when to even buy a vault.

Thief
10-02-2013, 04:20 PM

Please point out to me where inflation has been stopped in History?

You only have 5 Choices:

Hyper-Inflation
Inflation
0 Growth
Deflation
Hyper-Deflation

Economies work under an idea of inflation. If your have 0 growth then your not going anywhere and whats even scrarier to most is deflation (very rare) so i'm curious as to how you think History has proven inflation has been stopped many times.

Powerbang
10-02-2013, 04:34 PM

You only have 5 Choices:

Hyper-Inflation
Inflation
0 Growth
Deflation
Hyper-Deflation

Economies work under an idea of inflation. If your have 0 growth then your not going anywhere and whats even scrarier to most is deflation (very rare) so i'm curious as to how you think History has proven inflation has been stopped many times.

I was just about to make this same point... until you eloquently beat me to the punch.

What happens when Hyperinflation occurs to to point of currency devaluation? Death of the economic system.

Very appropriate metaphor for this game... You can't just keep printing "money", or in this case, stats.

Has the opposite of the desired affect in the long-term.

solo.modernwar
10-02-2013, 04:37 PM

That is patently false. You may need to revisit two areas of study: Economics and World History.

Edit: Darn it, Thief, you're just too quick on the replies.

Exxtraterrestrial
10-02-2013, 05:40 PM

You only have 5 Choices:

Hyper-Inflation
Inflation
0 Growth
Deflation
Hyper-Deflation

u know a lot about economy :)

Exxtraterrestrial
10-02-2013, 05:43 PM
I was just about to make this same point... until you eloquently beat me to the punch.

What happens when Hyperinflation occurs to to point of currency devaluation? Death of the economic system.

Very appropriate metaphor for this game... You can't just keep printing "money", or in this case, stats.

Has the opposite of the desired affect in the long-term.

You all know what happened to Germany after WW1?
They didn't have enough cash to pay the compensations so they just printed and printed and printed...it didn't make Germany rich, it made Germany broke.

This might happen here in game too.

Inflation cannot be stopped unless we put a workforce (irrational) or if we increase the value of the money, in this case, units. If you want to stop inflation, RAISE THE STATS OF CASH UNITS!!!!

Tyrant this is totally false. Take a crash course on world history or something.

Tyrant
10-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Germany in the 1920s had as you call "hyper inflation" as we have right now, but even though their economic system isn't perfect look at it today. And as for world history solo I have plenty of knowledge of it, you're partially right about economics because they bore me to tears.

johnny_blayze
10-02-2013, 07:08 PM

You only have 5 Choices:

Hyper-Inflation
Inflation
0 Growth
Deflation
Hyper-Deflation

1. Should there be inflation, yes. The problem is not with the inflation in the game or in an economy, its the rate of inflation and rate at which the inflation is growing. And yes I find there's an issue in the rate of inflation in this game.

2. Has and can inflation be stopped, yes, and you pointed out some effects if it. But can something be done and the negative effects of it are mutually exclusive.

3. Has inflation been stopped? Yes of course inflation has been stopped, and as you pointed out it has various effects.
1950s Germany is an example of double digit inflation rate, brought down to below zero and eventually to single digit rate of inflation for the next half-century.

There are many examples of inflation being stopped because sometimes that's the right thing to do.
Other times its to reduce the rate of inflation.

ryguy8899
10-02-2013, 08:00 PM
You know nothing about how this game works do you?

Thief
10-03-2013, 08:15 AM
1. Should there be inflation, yes. The problem is not with the inflation in the game or in an economy, its the rate of inflation and rate at which the inflation is growing. And yes I find there's an issue in the rate of inflation in this game.

2. Has and can inflation be stopped, yes, and you pointed out some effects if it. But can something be done and the negative effects of it are mutually exclusive.

3. Has inflation been stopped? Yes of course inflation has been stopped, and as you pointed out it has various effects.
1950s Germany is an example of double digit inflation rate, brought down to below zero and eventually to single digit rate of inflation for the next half-century.

There are many examples of inflation being stopped because sometimes that's the right thing to do.
Other times its to reduce the rate of inflation.

Johnny,

First thank you for taking the time to respond with valid arguments and facts. My main point was to simply show the OP that they were talking about something they knew nothing about and not so much get into the intracacies on something known as Stagflation (For those that don't know its where Inflation Rate is very high, sometimes hyperinflation while economic growth is low or even negative). I also am not arguing that the hyperinflation as it regards to stats is an issue (for the record i also find it an issue...but more on that in a min)

2) Of course inflation can be stopped or even reversed. In the global economy it has huge consequences for not only the individual country but the whole world. In the US one of the Federal Reserves Primary Roles is to control a steady inflation rate by really two means (controlling interest rates and "printing money" (by printing money it gets much more complicated than just priting and handing it out to the banks as i'm sure you know)

3) Yes Germany is the perfect Example (although i'm not sure that particular time is). They were impacted by both world wars in a way which almost no other country in the last century can relate. Unfortunately if i'm not mistaken this had more to do with the war and then having the "Winning Countries" screw their economy after the first WW and then have to subsidize them after learning their "lessons" in the second WW. Then in the late 40's Germany was introduced to a completely different currency. (*NOTE THIS POINT as it will be Relevant to Gree and this game). Now from what i remember about Germany Economy (and i could be wrong) is that the 1950's were more of the golden age for Germany. It wasn't so much they had large inflation as they had large economic growith in the double digits. (i'll say 15%). In this instance the government was actually looking to embrace inflation of this type because it was still in debt to the rest of the world. (But again i would say this was more by design as when you have that level of output everyone will be employed and getting increase in pay then your Debt/Output Ratio with the rest of the world is looking good..hence investment also goes up and your economy goes from looking ugly to looking promising) I believe it was in the 60's then when they had look more at slowing inflation when they reached full capital, low unemployment rates, and the rest of the world realized they had an undervalued currency. With that being said Inflation had more to do with Output than anything esle and in this instance it was a good thing for germany (but i woudlnt' say that was an example of stopping inflation) I would have used the 1920's as a better example as it is what provided the collapse and one of the main reasons Hitler was able to come up and be the political figure he was.

Anyways all of this i find rather inconsequential to this game. Why?

Well for starters this game provides no economy. It doesn't produce anything beyond entertainment. Also the Currency of Gold is still the same gold. Inflation meant that tomorrow you could buy LESS than what you can buy today (Hyper inflation if you can track by days), however if i buy gold today the value will stay the same tomorrow. (in fact the value has stayed the same for 2 years...assuming you don't take into account the change in the bonus program...or the fact that now you have more frequent sales) Now if i decide to spend my gold today then what i have bought will be worth less tomorrow than today (so techincally our gold is going in the opposite direction with regards to the game) IE if i save my gold i should get a better value tomorrow than today. (Something that i think is bad as a business because Gree should want my money today and not tomorrow...assuming they plan to even be around tomorrow) So again i will also point out that Units in this game are not an economy or a currency. You can't trade them, eat them, sell them or do anything with them other than add them into your stats which is the reason i said i think that using inflation to make an argument is null.

However there is a darker side to economics. One that Economists like to pretend they understand (most dont). Its called Human Nature. If i know something is going to happen i will act accordinly (which throws the whole system off). This i think is more appropriate because spending money on a phone game defies all logic to begin with (This isn't a slander at those who do because i have certainly spent money on this game). Again it is entertainment value. With that being said players who have spent Not only years but also hundreds to thousdands of dollars on this game have 2 choices right now....they can either spend more to keep up with the "Jones" or they can realize that all of their money they spent in the past was for not. As if the hackers weren't bad enough now new players can come in and spend 1/10th of what you have spent and get the same thing. Gree at this point is suggesting that they feel players in the past have already spent what they would have and are simply looking to bring in a new wave of blood to spend big money. They are walking a fine line (and taking a risk in that equation IMHO). I think they could have offered some epic rewards by offerinng 30k Units and everyone would have reacted almost the same way (you might have seen slightly less participation with spending...but in the long term you would have seen much more money) Then again at the end of the day i don't have to answer to shareholders.

mickymacirl
10-03-2013, 08:20 AM
You all know what happened to Germany after WW1?
They didn't have enough cash to pay the compensations so they just printed and printed and printed...it didn't make Germany rich, it made Germany broke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantitative_easing

Dutchie
10-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Hyper inflation is stopped by bringing in a new currency as they did in Germany. Basically you reset the economy. Japan in the last 20 years is a classic example of deflation and the BoJ is on the path of QE to infinity to stoke inflation and it is working! If people think this game has hyper inflation, you are sorely mistaken and I can't see GREE bringing in a new currency. Sadly game inflation is here to stay... It is part of the design in the game.

Finally read Thief's response... He knows his economics!

VSH
10-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Flipping heck guys.....

...this has become the most educational thread in my relatively short time on these forums!

I didn't study economics at school, but life has taught me the basics. Reading all this, I feel like I'm back in secondary school (high school for my US kin). Still, it's better than listening to some of the ****e on this forum, ha, ha

Keep it up guys. Is there a way we can move this debate into US-political territory. I would be keen to hear the views from across the pond on the current playground spat between the big D's and big R's in congress. Or could that one get out of hand??

Yours sincerely,
Mischief Maker

Drakhoan
10-03-2013, 10:59 AM

You only have 5 Choices:

Hyper-Inflation
Inflation
0 Growth
Deflation
Hyper-Deflation

I haven't had but 3 hours sleep in the last 36 working 24 of those... hell i might even have that wrong. Anyhow I digress... I believe a slight example might the move FDR made to put the US currency on gold or maybe when it was taken off gold... see I have no idea what the heck I am talking about... I am neither here nor there...

Dutchie
10-03-2013, 11:07 AM
FDR took it off the gold standard that has allowed unlimited printing of fiat currencies as no commodity is attached to it. There are calls to go back to the gold standard but that would have a massive impact!

Anyway, this is all getting a bit heavy for a gaming forum... LOL

Drakhoan
10-03-2013, 11:12 AM
FDR took it off the gold standard that has allowed unlimited printing of fiat currencies as no commodity is attached to it. There are calls to go back to the gold standard but that would have a massive impact!

Anyway, this is all getting a bit heavy for a gaming forum... LOL

Ahh yes that is correct... think it is crazy that it was illegal to own gold and silver of any real quantity in that time in order to fight deflation. Oops man I'm dumb!

johnny_blayze
10-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Johnny,

First thank you for taking the time to respond with valid arguments and facts. My main point was to simply show the OP that they were talking about something they knew nothing about and not so much get into the intracacies on something known as Stagflation (For those that don't know its where Inflation Rate is very high, sometimes hyperinflation while economic growth is low or even negative). I also am not arguing that the hyperinflation as it regards to stats is an issue (for the record i also find it an issue...but more on that in a min)

2) Of course inflation can be stopped or even reversed. In the global economy it has huge consequences for not only the individual country but the whole world. In the US one of the Federal Reserves Primary Roles is to control a steady inflation rate by really two means (controlling interest rates and "printing money" (by printing money it gets much more complicated than just priting and handing it out to the banks as i'm sure you know)

3) Yes Germany is the perfect Example (although i'm not sure that particular time is). They were impacted by both world wars in a way which almost no other country in the last century can relate. Unfortunately if i'm not mistaken this had more to do with the war and then having the "Winning Countries" screw their economy after the first WW and then have to subsidize them after learning their "lessons" in the second WW. Then in the late 40's Germany was introduced to a completely different currency. (*NOTE THIS POINT as it will be Relevant to Gree and this game). Now from what i remember about Germany Economy (and i could be wrong) is that the 1950's were more of the golden age for Germany. It wasn't so much they had large inflation as they had large economic growith in the double digits. (i'll say 15%). In this instance the government was actually looking to embrace inflation of this type because it was still in debt to the rest of the world. (But again i would say this was more by design as when you have that level of output everyone will be employed and getting increase in pay then your Debt/Output Ratio with the rest of the world is looking good..hence investment also goes up and your economy goes from looking ugly to looking promising) I believe it was in the 60's then when they had look more at slowing inflation when they reached full capital, low unemployment rates, and the rest of the world realized they had an undervalued currency. With that being said Inflation had more to do with Output than anything esle and in this instance it was a good thing for germany (but i woudlnt' say that was an example of stopping inflation) I would have used the 1920's as a better example as it is what provided the collapse and one of the main reasons Hitler was able to come up and be the political figure he was.

Well for starters this game provides no economy. It doesn't produce anything beyond entertainment. Also the Currency of Gold is still the same gold. Inflation meant that tomorrow you could buy LESS than what you can buy today (Hyper inflation if you can track by days), however if i buy gold today the value will stay the same tomorrow. (in fact the value has stayed the same for 2 years...assuming you don't take into account the change in the bonus program...or the fact that now you have more frequent sales) Now if i decide to spend my gold today then what i have bought will be worth less tomorrow than today (so techincally our gold is going in the opposite direction with regards to the game) IE if i save my gold i should get a better value tomorrow than today. (Something that i think is bad as a business because Gree should want my money today and not tomorrow...assuming they plan to even be around tomorrow) So again i will also point out that Units in this game are not an economy or a currency. You can't trade them, eat them, sell them or do anything with them other than add them into your stats which is the reason i said i think that using inflation to make an argument is null.

However there is a darker side to economics. One that Economists like to pretend they understand (most dont). Its called Human Nature. If i know something is going to happen i will act accordinly (which throws the whole system off). This i think is more appropriate because spending money on a phone game defies all logic to begin with (This isn't a slander at those who do because i have certainly spent money on this game). Again it is entertainment value. With that being said players who have spent Not only years but also hundreds to thousdands of dollars on this game have 2 choices right now....they can either spend more to keep up with the "Jones" or they can realize that all of their money they spent in the past was for not. As if the hackers weren't bad enough now new players can come in and spend 1/10th of what you have spent and get the same thing. Gree at this point is suggesting that they feel players in the past have already spent what they would have and are simply looking to bring in a new wave of blood to spend big money. They are walking a fine line (and taking a risk in that equation IMHO). I think they could have offered some epic rewards by offerinng 30k Units and everyone would have reacted almost the same way (you might have seen slightly less participation with spending...but in the long term you would have seen much more money) Then again at the end of the day i don't have to answer to shareholders.

Nice post. I get exactly what you're saying, I guess my secondary degree in economics has helped :)

Economics isn't a science no matter how much researchers huff and puff about it, which goes back to your point about human nature. Expectations in an economy are a big thing, they are a known variable but precisely how to quantify it and adjust for it is still up in the air. Expected inflation can actually trigger inflation or deflation without the central banks involvement. Just like the perception of an economic slow down, may actually cause a slow down.

For me, ultimately its a game. I wouldn't go crazy and use massive gold at one time, it's better to spend what you can afford with no regrets but pace out your gold usage to constantly add value to your character. I do use gold but would never financially burden myself for a game. Perhaps what I spend others wouldn't and others spend that in a week. It's all relative to each others marginal utility and personal finances.

Its self-evident that Gree needs to increase revenue and profits, any good business should do this. The way to do it sometimes is the issue. Instead of doing thing so fast its probably better to pace things.

I played KA since the day it came out. All events in KA eventually find themselves into MW.

When Guilds (same thing as faction in MW) came out, I was 150K/150K and pretty strong compared to most accounts. After 6 wars I was at 2400K/2400K. It took me like 4-6 months to be 150K. In the next 6 months my stats grew 1500%

I know stat inflation is coming to MW like everything else in KA. I haven't been active in KA, but I don't think the inflation has gone away, pretty much here to stay.

CJ D
10-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Omg. You fellars shorely know yourn ecomonics. Lol

While this has been a great read in regards to economies and inflation...gree isn't an economy. It's a company. Stopping inflation will mean stopping spending. Stopping spending means they can't pay the bills. Not paying the bills means they tank. It's pretty simple. The problem that they created was when they made the first "large stat" item. Not sure what that was. Maybe 100/100. Woooooooo. People bought it. If they stop there they level spending, and the company doesn't grow. Thus, higher stat items. It's the nature of these games. It's like a super nova. Just burns hotter and hotter till they burn out. On to the next one. If they drop all the stats back down, guys are not going to spend the gold to get them. You can't stop this inflation. End of story.

tvvicee
10-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Once again you start one of the worst threads. That unit sucks big time and only a fool would attempt to get it. Your wdp would decrease so largely. On the other hand I hope I face some lvl 300s so I can kick their a***es

Says the threadking whining about he only gets 15 free tapjoy gold a day.. you are definitely not in the position pointing on others.

And I agree with that the unit is neither something sexy nor is it again some greediculous stat inflate monster. Since only the 250+ level seniors are in reach it's fair enough to have it equipped with understandable stats and not to reward a certain group of players with yet another 100k+ mistake all others couldn't get..
So I think that some among us are too blinded already with the out of control units and not getting the point here

Thief
10-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Johnny I love how we took this thread that should have been banished into oblivion and have taken it over.

That being said yes I also have a degree in Economics (That's where all of my useless information that doesn't apply to the real world comes from...I don't remember how many thesis papers I wrote ranging from piracy, trickle down effect (ie getting pissed on), Capital investments and Human nature. I like to call Economics an Artful Science. whoever can eloquently bull S@IT the most facts together in a logical sequence wins today only to be corrected tomorrow. Also of course the Central Bank has only part control and its one of the main reasons it will lie to us in order to sway perception of how things really are one way or another.

As for it being a game that is the only attitude to have from it. I also played MW from since day 1 and KA for the first couple of "WARS" and realized that the stat inflation there was much worse than MW. MW use to be the arena where they brought out new content such as the Boss events, (it was either the auction or 10-crate event) and Faction wars. However with the more recent changes I was glad to hear they were testing it on KA first as they seemed like they needed adjustments. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they made those adjustments and started offering units almost 1000% more powerful than previous units...needless to say keep up at that rate and what will peoples stats be like in no time?

Anyways thanks again for having a great discussion.

Nice post. I get exactly what you're saying, I guess my secondary degree in economics has helped :)

Economics isn't a science no matter how much researchers huff and puff about it, which goes back to your point about human nature. Expectations in an economy are a big thing, they are a known variable but precisely how to quantify it and adjust for it is still up in the air. Expected inflation can actually trigger inflation or deflation without the central banks involvement. Just like the perception of an economic slow down, may actually cause a slow down.

For me, ultimately its a game. I wouldn't go crazy and use massive gold at one time, it's better to spend what you can afford with no regrets but pace out your gold usage to constantly add value to your character. I do use gold but would never financially burden myself for a game. Perhaps what I spend others wouldn't and others spend that in a week. It's all relative to each others marginal utility and personal finances.

Its self-evident that Gree needs to increase revenue and profits, any good business should do this. The way to do it sometimes is the issue. Instead of doing thing so fast its probably better to pace things.

I played KA since the day it came out. All events in KA eventually find themselves into MW.

When Guilds (same thing as faction in MW) came out, I was 150K/150K and pretty strong compared to most accounts. After 6 wars I was at 2400K/2400K. It took me like 4-6 months to be 150K. In the next 6 months my stats grew 1500%

I know stat inflation is coming to MW like everything else in KA. I haven't been active in KA, but I don't think the inflation has gone away, pretty much here to stay.

ExtremeP7
10-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Bravo~~~~~~~

Johnny,