PDA

View Full Version : Again with the reorganized Units in our Inventory??

psuengineer
10-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Could we please get some resolution to the order of our inventory items?

I just got done reorganizing all my inventory spreadsheets from the last shuffling of units only to login today and EVERYTHING is switched!! Could you please explain why this inventory list continues to change constantly? Could we get some semblance of order and stick to it? I don't care what you choose. Choose alphabetical, choose that the newest units fall at the back in the order we receive them. Whatever you want! Just please pick some method of organization and stick to it, because the back and forth complete shuffling is impossible to keep track of!!

stephen2013
10-01-2013, 03:17 PM
THIS should be a top priority indeed! This is the one thing I would like to see in the game. I honestly wouldn't mind if it only had one say to score, preferably newest to oldest. Even that would be a breakthrough.

Hivesy
10-01-2013, 03:24 PM
+1 this is a big deal for most of us, they do it in KA by stat size, works great. Just let us have it here as well please GREE!

Bonzai
10-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Let it be an option in game for alphabetical, newest to oldest, oldest to newest, highest stats to lowest stats, lowest stats to highest stats, and then throw in a search feature.

Dutchie
10-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Here is a great example of player experience but as this feature does not generate revenues, it is no doubt at the bottom of the to do list. The design team only seem to be interested in giving us features that will generate revenues. By providing this feature, it will enhance the players' experience and they might be more willing to part with their money.

jjm521
10-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Definitely need organization, but sorting by stats doesnt really do anything useful. Say you win some prize in an event, but you have no idea what its stats are, you still have to scroll blindingly through your inventory to find it. I still think alphabetical makes the most sense. If you win a unit that starts with f, scroll to your f units and its a quick find. If you wanna see if someone has such and such a unit, its a quick scroll to find it.

Newest to oldest would be ok but not ideal because thats really only useful in the mement you win a prize. Doesnt help much later if you want to see if you, or another player, has the X-ray stealth drone or whatever

Romulus.
10-02-2013, 10:47 AM
+1 agree with you.

Kefa
10-02-2013, 11:12 AM
For OCD geeks like us who actually have complete spreadsheets and are working to understand exactly how the battle mechanics and math works, maybe they do it on purpose to frustrate our efforts. Perhaps they want to make it too time costly for us to bother scanning through a rival's inventory and easily predict battle outcomes or unit losses/gains consistently before we attack.

Lancerdually
10-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Agree 100% this NEEDS to happen
Maybe to them it makes it easier to say "it is there, you just missed it"

Generik79
10-02-2013, 12:16 PM
As recent media has shown, this game has arrived for some time at CLASS A status in gaming. And it's about time it be operated more along those lines and in respect to its own position. Reorganize the inventory by Alphabet or by Stats...and do it soon please.

TheOracle
10-02-2013, 01:07 PM
We are looking to implement some type of unit organization down the line. Not sure exactly when but we know players have been asking for this for a long time.

psuengineer
10-02-2013, 01:33 PM
We are looking to implement some type of unit organization down the line. Not sure exactly when but we know players have been asking for this for a long time.

Thank you Oracle. Is there a way in the interim to simply stop the reorganization of units that are already in our lists? I can live with having to hunt for the new unit temporarily, but it's the list reorganization that is frustrating me the most. Thanks!

SevenO9
10-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Just give me an option to dump my units into a CSV file at 10 gold. Make that even 20.

Win win situation.

warrends
10-02-2013, 02:57 PM
What's interesting is that this is a database issue. And because of that it is one of the simplest things to fix. Pick a field (say ... I don't know ... maybe unit name perhaps?????) and sort alphabetically. But they can't even do that. But, then again, I also love it when the FvF results splash screen appears a week after it's done. That is OH SO HELPFUL! Let's just randomly call these bugs ... I mean features ... #783 and #896. Although they no doubt number well into the thousands.

britton
10-02-2013, 03:05 PM
...just not sure when I will appreciate the implementation.

TheDanimal
10-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Here is a great example of player experience but as this feature does not generate revenues, it is no doubt at the bottom of the to do list. The design team only seem to be interested in giving us features that will generate revenues. By providing this feature, it will enhance the players' experience and they might be more willing to part with their money.

Hit the nail on the head!

Systematrix
10-02-2013, 03:26 PM
I'll even help write the sql:

ORDER BY <FIELD_NAME>

You're welcome. ;)