PDA

View Full Version : If I was an international company...

JustSomeDude
10-01-2013, 05:11 AM
I think I'd avoid naming a conflict based (ok PvE but still) LTQ after a terrorist organization. Hama's/Hamas. Someone didn't do their homework or they don't care or there's a hidden agenda. Maybe Gree just employs too many newly graduated from high school or 3rd world staff that don't understand world politics or english? Nice job Gree!

bald zeemer
10-01-2013, 05:18 AM
Fair point. Although Gree naming an event after a wildly incompetent governing body that maintains power due to a loyal base might not quite be as accidental as it seems. Perhaps they're developing self-awareness?

Dipstik
10-01-2013, 05:18 AM
Why? Are you worried about hurting their feelings? Considering its a coincidence and you're the first person in weeks to mention it, I don't think anyone cares.

First and ibtl.

Edit: argh! Zeemered!

bald zeemer
10-01-2013, 05:20 AM
Why? Are you worried about hurting their feelings? Considering its a coincidence and you're the first person in weeks to mention it, I don't think anyone cares.

First and ibtl.

Edit: argh! Zeemered!

I've already contacted my local metallurgist to begin work on my crown. :D

JustSomeDude
10-01-2013, 05:20 AM
just saying... Hamas? at the very least it shows a lack of knowledge of world politics. As a corporation I'd avoid any connection with the real world, least of all a connection with the terrorist arm of the PLO :)

TMI
10-01-2013, 05:24 AM
I think I'd avoid naming a conflict based (ok PvE but still) LTQ after a terrorist organization. Hama's/Hamas. Someone didn't do their homework or they don't care or there's a hidden agenda.

Hahahahahahahahahaha, LMAO!!

Maybe Gree just employs too many newly graduated from high school or 3rd world staff that don't understand world politics or english? Nice job Gree!

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Oh man, sometimes I forget. It's actually quite scarey too when I stop and think about it. *sigh.
But wasn't that last episode of American Idol soooo awesome!?! And I can believe that ending to Dexter!! OMG!

Edit: what he said above this post, hahahahaha (shows a lack of knowledge of world politics) hahahahahaha

JustSomeDude
10-01-2013, 05:28 AM
Hahahahahahahahahaha, LMAO!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Oh man, sometimes I forget. It's actually quite scarey too when I stop and think about it. *sigh.
But wasn't that last episode of American Idol soooo awesome!?! And I can believe that ending to Dexter!! OMG!

Worst troll attempt ever. Fail! Lurk Dipstik's posts for a while before you try that again, he's the god.

TMI
10-01-2013, 05:30 AM
Worst troll attempt ever. Fail! Lurk Dipstik's posts for a while before you try that again, he's the god.

Troll attempt?! Oh man. This gets better and better (or scarier and scarier)

bald zeemer
10-01-2013, 05:33 AM
just saying... Hamas? at the very least it shows a lack of knowledge of world politics. As a corporation I'd avoid any connection with the real world, least of all a connection with the terrorist arm of the PLO :)

If you're going to condemn a lack of knowledge of world politics, try not display it whilst doing so.

The PLO and Hamas are completely separate entities. Rivals, in fact. Hamas' political arm grew out of its militant arm. The PLO's political arm is FATAH.

pervbear
10-01-2013, 05:44 AM
Gree games are full of references to stuff. Some of them will offend a small population, as someone said in my thread, if you don't like it don't play.

JustSomeDude
10-01-2013, 06:02 AM
If you're going to condemn a lack of knowledge of world politics, try not display it whilst doing so.

The PLO and Hamas are completely separate entities. Rivals, in fact. Hamas' political arm grew out of its militant arm. The PLO's political arm is FATAH. Ouch, you got me. I'm lumping an entire area of the world together. I may as well have said that Republicans are the conservative arm of the Democratic party. Point is, "Hama's" couldn't possibly be a coincidence, and if it is, I'd have thought an international company would employ someone to avoid even the perception of political bias. He could be named "Jama" and BAM! no connection to a terrorist organisation.

Dipstik
10-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Point is, "Hama's" couldn't possibly be a coincidence.

There's your problem.

Also, no one cares.

JustSomeDude
10-01-2013, 06:38 AM
There's your problem.

Also, no one cares.

Exactly, that's the problem! Thanks for the backup Dippy!

OffensivelyNamedGuy
10-01-2013, 06:45 AM
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/coke-cancels-campaign-after-bottle-caps-appear-with-offensive-phrase-1.1462040

It happens.

Boo Boo Redux
10-01-2013, 06:52 AM
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/op_zpsd6ca6850.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/qwerty9702/media/op_zpsd6ca6850.jpg.html)

I think I'd avoid naming a conflict based (ok PvE but still) LTQ after a terrorist organization. Hama's/Hamas. Someone didn't do their homework or they don't care or there's a hidden agenda. Maybe Gree just employs too many newly graduated from high school or 3rd world staff that don't understand world politics or english? Nice job Gree!

Dipstik
10-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Exactly, that's the problem! Thanks for the backup Dippy!

Giving you the benefit of the doubt here and assuming you understand what the heck I'm talking about... why is it a problem that no one cares? Please explain why anyone (even hamas sympathizers) should care about this?

Boo Boo Redux
10-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Giving you the benefit of the doubt here and assuming you understand what the heck I'm talking about... why is it a problem that no one cares? Please explain why anyone (even hamas sympathizers) should care about this?

They shouldn't. But OP is teh stupidz, so good luck convincing him otherwise.

Dipstik
10-01-2013, 07:33 AM
I'm not trying to convince him of anything... I just want to hear him try to explain this.

Boo Boo Redux
10-01-2013, 07:34 AM
carry on..

Guisseppe17
10-01-2013, 07:36 AM
I'm surprised you people complained about this, and not the use of a curse word on an ingame item name. This is a kids game! *shakes finger*

Boo Boo Redux
10-01-2013, 07:41 AM
I'm surprised you people complained about this, and not the use of a curse word on an ingame item name. This is a kids game! *shakes finger*

OH NOES!!!! Words of curse!

Guisseppe17
10-01-2013, 07:42 AM
OH NOES!!!! Words of curse!
Oh yes...see what terror this induces in the people?!

Brendan
10-01-2013, 09:40 AM
I worked for a government department once. They employed an company to produce a large IT system. This company decided to call it Shoah, a name Jews often give to the Holocaust. Took someone from us to point this out to the cretins (it wasn't Gree btw).

bald zeemer
10-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Wow. Hama as a name is understandable. Shoah quite simply can't be random.

Also, if anyone wants to be horribly depressed for 7 hours while watching an expertly created film, Shoah is an excellent choice.

Brendan
10-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Wow. Hama as a name is understandable. Shoah quite simply can't be random.

Also, if anyone wants to be horribly depressed for 7 hours while watching an expertly created film, Shoah is an excellent choice.

Maybe it was just stuck in the back of some idiot's head and they thought it would be a good name. Can't believe it took so long for anyone to realise what it meant though.

Stone1
10-01-2013, 10:32 AM
The "Gacys Gloves" should be more offensive. Naming prizes after child molsters is something I didn't understand

bald zeemer
10-01-2013, 11:12 AM
If we go down that route then there are endless potentially offensive names. Including at least half the explosives.

Brendan
10-01-2013, 11:15 AM
The "Gacys Gloves" should be more offensive. Naming prizes after child molsters is something I didn't understand

Some sick people work there. Archie Bollocks was a stupid one as well.

Max Power
10-01-2013, 12:36 PM
I am still pissed about Ireland.

Super Pissed!

TMI
10-01-2013, 01:09 PM
I am still pissed about Ireland.

Super Pissed!

About Ireland? This is CC, not MW??

Please explain :)

*munches popcorn

Dhusagar
10-01-2013, 01:14 PM

The PLO and Hamas are completely separate entities. Rivals, in fact. Hamas' political arm grew out of its militant arm. The PLO's political arm is FATAH.

Who you calling fatah, you hamas.

Sorry - couldn't resist 😀

CCKallDAY
10-01-2013, 01:19 PM
And Bernie Greenback, his back was green. :p

Rebels
10-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Who cares!

They should put ole Bin Hiding in the game.

reesebutton
10-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Hamas hama's hams who cares

If you gotta red flag everything for cultural or political sensitivity, you are problem guilty of intolerance yourself. Go watch some family guy and south park.

Voted for today's 'most retarded thread!'