PDA

View Full Version : What the Eff are you thinking Gree?

Shinazueli
09-30-2013, 04:54 PM
I mean, +2 buildings for top300?!?!?!?!?! This was a top50 box event prize ffs. Which people spent THOUSANDS for. It's reasonable to expect a nice prize there to discourage micro guilds, but devaluing other players literal years of work is not the right way to go about it. It's too good of a reward for too low of a rank. May as well just give it away to everyone, seriously not cool. Change it to health regen or something.

Rastlin
09-30-2013, 05:03 PM
I mean, +2 buildings for top300?!?!?!?!?! Change it to health regen or something.
I hope they do!!! Health regen is worth way more than upgrading a few buildings at a time. Gold is not really used anymore, but health is.

Euchred
09-30-2013, 05:10 PM
I sure don't need it but I say let them have it. The game has changed since those leaderboard events, if it helps a few people get back into their own economy and develop it faster than I'll have more to raid.

Darth Randy
09-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Yes, change it to health regen! I don't even care about upgrading buildings anymore. When I saw that prize I thought it was a waste. Unit bonus means a lot more at this point.

Voxker
09-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Again, tone down with what you say lol...

I don't mind having more upgrades... If you didnt know, they changed the individual box event over time, no one complained about it now... so why make a big fuzz about it now? (not the same situation but you get the idea)

Nirmala
09-30-2013, 05:50 PM
I vote for health regen too. Wait, this is not a poll...

War Eagle
09-30-2013, 06:15 PM
I'm excited about the building upgrades. That's one of the modifiers I'm still missing. Still upgrading just one at a time. I hope they don't change the reward!

Shinazueli
09-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Whatever anyone says, giving out a past top50 box event reward for top300 is just stupid. I don't care if it has any bearing on the way the game is played today. It totally devalues the reward. And it's bad precedent. Why would you ever go for a box event now when you know it's going to be handed out on an f'ing silver platter in a couple months.

The Good Doctor
09-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Whatever anyone says, giving out a past top50 box event reward for top300 is just stupid. I don't care if it has any bearing on the way the game is played today. It totally devalues the reward. And it's bad precedent. Why would you ever go for a box event now when you know it's going to be handed out on an f'ing silver platter in a couple months.

Because people like to have the shiniest new thing first. I swear Gree could offer up a half eaten ham and cheese sandwhich with a reward unit that gives negative 5% attack for first place and FUN would likely pile on the points just cause they wouldn't want to not have top billing.

aphroKEN
09-30-2013, 09:11 PM
I mean, +2 buildings for top300?!?!?!?!?! This was a top50 box event prize ffs. Which people spent THOUSANDS for. It's reasonable to expect a nice prize there to discourage micro guilds, but devaluing other players literal years of work is not the right way to go about it. It's too good of a reward for too low of a rank. May as well just give it away to everyone, seriously not cool. Change it to health regen or something.

Stat inflation has gone crazy. I don't see you complaining about stat inflation since that has literally OBSOLETED years of work and many $$$ of investment in this game.

Back then the top 50 box event unit only had about 1k/1k stats. Some things depreciate over time. An additional building upgrade was worth a lot back then but these days many players are approaching level 10 on all buildings.

Newer players could probably put that bonus to good use which I think is great that this bonus has become more accessible. It allows the players that can actually use the bonus to have a realistic prospect of earning it. Newer players can also catch up, in terms of building upgrades, to older players. But even then this is somewhat a moot bonus because buildings are far less useful than they once were. The only buildings that retain their effectiveness are the boost buildings.

So I think this is not imbalanced. Just accept it because stat inflation is far worse.

aphroKEN
09-30-2013, 09:19 PM

Well this game isn't exactly known for setting good precedents. Here's a better question: why would you even spend money on this game when you know a freely obtainable reward 3 months down the track will succeed something that costs a lot of money?

People still spend money however (even when the rewards don't have modifiers). As to why, the answer is pretty simple.

aphroKEN
09-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Because people like to have the shiniest new thing first. I swear Gree could offer up a half eaten ham and cheese sandwhich with a reward unit that gives negative 5% attack for first place and FUN would likely pile on the points just cause they wouldn't want to not have top billing.

lol I wish Gree would do something like that. FUN will get weaker and weaker after each successive war and would have to eventually stop going for first place. I'd like to see how far FUN will go.

the_bob
09-30-2013, 09:25 PM
I'd love for it to be changed to health regen, too, but Health Regen is a HUGE bonus so that's why I hope it won't actually be changed. Such a powerful bonus shouldn't be at the 300 range.

The +2 concurrent building upgrades isn't actually that much of a big deal anymore. Gold is only used for guild bonuses these days and once you hit a certain threshold the cost of the bonuses increases so exponentially that even having 3 gold buildings upgrading at once isn't gong to significantly impact the buying of those bonuses.

As much as I would love to have more health regen, I think it's pretty balanced as it appears. Not saying it won't get changed before the event, but that's my 2 cents.

Shinazueli
10-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Well this game isn't exactly known for setting good precedents. Here's a better question: why would you even spend money on this game when you know a freely obtainable reward 3 months down the track will succeed something that costs a lot of money?

People still spend money however (even when the rewards don't have modifiers). As to why, the answer is pretty simple.

Touché. I give up. It's a bad idea, and although I agree this isn't the first bad precedent... When did that become ok?

DragCro
10-01-2013, 04:15 AM
I suport the Gree to give those bonuses to top 300 guilds,why should not they have better bonuses?

They deserve here and there some bonuses that they can use and worth something as energy or health or upgrade few buildings at once..Some kind of balance need to exist in game..

And i think here and there llp guilds deserve a chance to get cool bonuses..So i am and i suport this new order of guild prizes.
Please don't change them..Let's do something and for those that can't spend to much on this game,let them improve their game a little,they deserve it!

-H-
10-01-2013, 04:46 AM
I suport the Gree to give those bonuses to top 300 guilds,why should not they have better bonuses?

They deserve here and there some bonuses that they can use and worth something as energy or health or upgrade few buildings at once..Some kind of balance need to exist in game..

And i think here and there llp guilds deserve a chance to get cool bonuses..So i am and i suport this new order of guild prizes.
Please don't change them..Let's do something and for those that can't spend to much on this game,let them improve their game a little,they deserve it!

Completely agree!!! Well put DragCo....

marko101
10-01-2013, 04:57 AM
It's not the fact it's devaluing the top 50 box event prize but maybe don't you think the people that got it first time overvalued it by spending too much!!! Say an item on eBay is worth £100 but I bid upto £500 is this item then worth £500??? Noooooo

YLL
10-01-2013, 05:21 AM
It's not the fact it's devaluing the top 50 box event prize but maybe don't you think the people that got it first time overvalued it by spending too much!!! Say an item on eBay is worth £100 but I bid upto £500 is this item then worth £500??? Noooooo

Technically, assuming you honoured your bid, the £500 would be considered a valid "precedent transaction", and the answer is "yes"... until and unless no other buyers are prepared to stump up this amount (or higher) when this item (or similar) next come on sale.

marko101
10-01-2013, 05:36 AM
Even when you could walk too the shop and buy it for £100?

Technically, assuming you honoured your bid, the £500 would be considered a valid "precedent transaction", and the answer is "yes"... until and unless no other buyers are prepared to stump up this amount (or higher) when this item (or similar) next come on sale.

YLL
10-01-2013, 06:30 AM
Even when you could walk too the shop and buy it for £100?

Ah, this is now a more complicated situation. The analogy is this: say a farmer sells an apple to a middleman at $0.01 each. The middleman sells to a supermarket, a grocery store and a restaurant at $0.05, $0.10 and $0.25 each. The supermarket, grocery store and restaurant in turn sell to you at $0.25, $0.35 and $1.00 each. What then is the 'correct' price? It's really whatever you are prepared to pay in each situation.

England Jon
10-01-2013, 07:31 AM
Technically nothing has any value. An objects 'value' is what somebody is willing to pay to own it and this can change from minute to minute.

YLL
10-01-2013, 08:16 AM
An objects 'value' is what somebody is willing to pay to own it and this can change from minute to minute.

Exactly!

....(Danged minimum character count doesn't include quotes.)

Guido69
10-01-2013, 08:22 AM
There are players who spent literally 10,000s of us dollars many months ago for units that are essentially worthless these days.

That's the game. Everything we spend money on now will be useless not too far from now. They will be overshadowed by prizes to come.

E-I
10-01-2013, 10:05 AM
I like the prize because I was too cheap to buy it in the box action. :D

I would be livid if I was one of the people who did though.

Samskill
10-01-2013, 10:36 AM
I would plus 2 building upgrade is much better then +2 honors from fight. Anytime. IMHO.

Skyraiders
10-01-2013, 10:59 AM
You people dont understand whats happening here....my 2 cents for whats worth

A. we recently had a thread that people asked for this type of bonus to be givin out......gree responded by giving the people what they wanted

B. For those of you who spent tons of money on the box event version ....this was MONTHS ago....to be honest you should be done or almost done upgrading everything you can possibly upgrade....True??....i heard some people actually sold off buildings just so they would have something to upgrade!!!...i know how you feel....such a useless reward now that you have no need for it.....besides....upgrading buildings get you what exactly????hmmmm....more income...useless except for guild......i know boost buildings....honestlly if they are not done then you suck......Oh i know....BD run...oh wait dragons fell off the map eons ago......Machines...NOPE...they are worthless too....so what exactly are you complaining about???

C. this is a top 300 prize.....this is probably the most important one.....its a marketing thing.....Top 3 spend the most and will continue to spend around the same amount of money going foward.....same for top 10....top 25....top 50.....HOWEVER.....now they have givin the lower tiers of the guilds something they are and will pay for....they will now cash in on the lower guilds as well.....thats all its about ...MONEY!!!! gree needed a way to entice the lower guilds to spend...hence the raid bonuses this past war.....and now upgrade buildings.......its whatever....

Shinazueli
10-01-2013, 12:30 PM
I like the prize because I was too cheap to buy it in the box action. :D

I would be livid if I was one of the people who did though.

Lisa Roms
10-01-2013, 01:03 PM
You people dont understand whats happening here....my 2 cents for whats worth

A. we recently had a thread that people asked for this type of bonus to be givin out......gree responded by giving the people what they wanted

B. For those of you who spent tons of money on the box event version ....this was MONTHS ago....to be honest you should be done or almost done upgrading everything you can possibly upgrade....True??....i heard some people actually sold off buildings just so they would have something to upgrade!!!...i know how you feel....such a useless reward now that you have no need for it.....besides....upgrading buildings get you what exactly????hmmmm....more income...useless except for guild......i know boost buildings....honestlly if they are not done then you suck......Oh i know....BD run...oh wait dragons fell off the map eons ago......Machines...NOPE...they are worthless too....so what exactly are you complaining about???

C. this is a top 300 prize.....this is probably the most important one.....its a marketing thing.....Top 3 spend the most and will continue to spend around the same amount of money going foward.....same for top 10....top 25....top 50.....HOWEVER.....now they have givin the lower tiers of the guilds something they are and will pay for....they will now cash in on the lower guilds as well.....thats all its about ...MONEY!!!! gree needed a way to entice the lower guilds to spend...hence the raid bonuses this past war.....and now upgrade buildings.......its whatever....

Could not agree more...
Also I have the unit and can barely upgrade 1 building at the time. That will happened to most people of next war top 300 eventually unless Gree starts a monthly LTB like in CC or MW

E-I
10-01-2013, 07:34 PM
however.....now they have givin the lower tiers of the guilds something they are and will pay for....they will now cash in on the lower guilds as well.....thats all its about ...money!!!!
b. I. N. G. O.

E-I
10-01-2013, 07:37 PM
I miss my Dragon army. Well, I still have most of them, but they are utterly useless. All of the gold units are. I have since started an LLP, bought 50 pikemen on day one, and have never touched a gold unit since. I accrue LTQ units much faster than I can accrue allies.

King Ben
10-02-2013, 12:17 AM
E-I, with your llp you are going to stick with this game much longer than those with only 1 hlp..... Just saying the obvious.

;)