PDA

View Full Version : VFF family

Hivesy
09-30-2013, 04:17 PM
No haters needed please (although I'm expecting some obviously), I just wanted to put a huuuuge shout out to my extended VFF family. We have bonds that go back nearly two years some of us, even before McDoc penned the idea of the VFF. Veteran Forum Fighters.

Great that we still all work together to help each other out. Particularly Alpha, Lima, the infirmary, VFF themselves and even REG who feel like VFF most of the time but without the cool badge.

Stay strong brothers and sisters, you make me laugh and are always there when you're needed. Just like real family. This is definitely why I'm still playing this game...

Mcdoc
09-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Nice surprise to see this positive thread :)

Jhenry02
09-30-2013, 04:59 PM
I lol'ed at this.

ryguy8899
09-30-2013, 05:22 PM
haters be hating

Thief
09-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Ahh i need some sun by the pool.

Lets not forget our Brothers and Sisters who moved away to college; Bravo and Charlie.

Jaebee
09-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Ahh i need some sun by the pool.

Lets not forget our Brothers and Sisters who moved away to college; Bravo and Charlie.

Cheers for remembering us Thief!

And a special shout out to my Unsullied teammates (formerly known as VFF Charlie in our former life) who posted not only our highest finish yet in France (12th), but in doing so also came in as the highest ranked present or former VFF team. Not bad for the oft forgotten little brother...lol

Great job guys!

Hivesy
09-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Didn't forget them Thief just didn't feel the love so much. Had some good pals in Bravo but they moved on, not sure what happened with Charlie? Jason I'm afraid I don't get the sarcasm in your reply as I'm not aware of what the history is. Hit me up on a pm if you'd like to chat, I'm trying to get shmushy with my VFF brethren so don't put a downer on it please.

Now where was I? Oh yeah, I frickin love those guys.......

Jhenry02
09-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Last I checked college didn't involve Charlie/the Unsullied rank higher than Bravo and Alpha. They did that without mergers or splits!? What do I know? I'm retired.

jorge54
09-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the shoutout for REG. Sorry, I am too new to know most of the VFF crew. But I am with you Hivesy, I definately would have quit by now if it wasn't for the great group that I play with.

Jhoemel
09-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Where's the love for camps and tramps? Lol

MadManDK
10-01-2013, 01:42 AM
I've stopped posting, but for this I'll make an exception ;-)

VFF all the way!

Thanks for the post Hivesy.

Tournai
10-01-2013, 01:43 AM
It is great to read this!!

Keep it up VFF!!

BlackArrow
10-01-2013, 02:42 AM
Great post Hivesy. Best decision I ever made was to join this great group. Go Alpha!!

shout out to our colleagues in VFF Alpha II as well.

Hector1124
10-01-2013, 05:10 AM
Where's the love for camps and tramps? Lol
Camps and tramps are a great group of ppl. I hope you guys are doijg great!

camper killer
10-01-2013, 06:15 AM
HAHAHA, what a trip back memory lane. almost a year ago the VFF was started, even before factions were launched just to be sure we had everyone covered in this.

you know there are enough former VFF memebers in the SUP family you could say we are your step-brothers and sisters.

Tanner
10-01-2013, 06:54 AM
'grats to you all. But plenty of VFF teams have finished higher, as high as #4 if you don't count all the VFF that went to SUP :)

All WD Battle Winners Lists (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?69002-iDELPH-(thats-right)&p=996029&viewfull=1#post996029)

Cheers for remembering us Thief!

And a special shout out to my Unsullied teammates (formerly known as VFF Charlie in our former life) who posted not only our highest finish yet in France (12th), but in doing so also came in as the highest ranked present or former VFF team. Not bad for the oft forgotten little brother...lol

Great job guys!

Tanner
10-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Hivsey, Madman, I left a cooler out front of VFFI in case anyone is knocking and no one's around to open up. ya'll thought about leaving a key under the matt? See ya by the pool

marebear
10-01-2013, 07:37 AM
I lurve you all my little extended family ❤️❤️! Come get a marebear hug.

Arizona
10-01-2013, 08:55 AM
We are not VFF Camps and Tramps anymore.
We're just very dirty VFF Tramps.

MaximumFun
10-01-2013, 10:00 AM
VFF was the only reason I didn't quit MW before I did. Great group of players.

General Maximus
10-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Cheers Hivesy!

Jhenry02
10-01-2013, 11:45 AM
VFF was the only reason I didn't quit MW before I did. Great group of players.

We miss ya max fun!

Gambit12
10-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Ex-VFF here! Stay strong Veteran Forum Fighters!:cool::p

Saint Anger
10-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Can I blame VFF (Hivesy) for the MW Fantasy Football league and the absolutely horrible team I drafted?

Procyon
10-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Couldn't agree more, Hivesy. It's been a lot of fun. Exactly how I hoped it'd work out when Poopenshire graciously invited me aboard way back when.

How's that for a shout out?

Hivesy
10-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Gotta love the poop. Where you at golden boy?

Sorry I missed the shout out to Camps and Tramps, hey Arizona how's it going fella? Love that you've dropped the camp, always did think you were a bit too comfortable in heels and a skirt :)

Saint! Yeah that team looked great on paper, just not on turf :)

Thief
10-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Gotta love the poop. Where you at golden boy?

Sorry I missed the shout out to Camps and Tramps, hey Arizona how's it going fella? Love that you've dropped the camp, always did think you were a bit too comfortable in heels and a skirt :)

Saint! Yeah that team looked great on paper, just not on turf :)

The Golden boy has already stopped by. He is everywhere...all the time :P

Hivesy
10-01-2013, 03:59 PM
The Golden boy has already stopped by. He is everywhere...all the time :P

Is camper killer you Poop? Procyon thought it might be, I hadn't realised. If it is and it's a secret, sorry. Can we get the gold poop back just once for old times sake please? I love that poop nearly as much as I love Fl@sh's self portrait :)

Procyon
10-01-2013, 04:35 PM
It's like Thief said, everywhere you look, there's poop.

Superdude
10-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Being able to call Many former and current VFF members close Mw friends, this family has the highest integrity of all. Your groups and members are always taking the high road, never seen a VFF member or former member in an argument in forums. Proud to know all of you that are or used to be in VFF, and for those there now I don't know, hope to be meeting you soon on a friendly battlefield competition :)

Led
10-01-2013, 09:36 PM
VFF is the bomb 😎💪

Thief
10-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Being able to call Many former and current VFF members close Mw friends, this family has the highest integrity of all. Your groups and members are always taking the high road, never seen a VFF member or former member in an argument in forums. Proud to know all of you that are or used to be in VFF, and for those there now I don't know, hope to be meeting you soon on a friendly battlefield competition :)

Always love some Friendly competition. Also i have alot of respect for Deeznuts.

camper killer
10-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Sorry, been busy and I couldn't get back.

Hope your all doing well. And yes, I am everywhere....... I am like the CIA, FBI, ATF, and Amish Mafia.

I know all and see all....

Hivesy
10-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Hey Mr Killer great to hear from you buddy! You still hanging out with vball madam and Bronson? Don't see those guys very much either, pirate island must really rock huh?

Stay in touch fella, nice to see you still remember the good old days :)

Thanks for the shout out superdude, nice to get some positive vibes going on the forum. We can hack each other to bits on the field of battle but no reason we can't have some fun and be civil in here.

Max Power
10-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Hi Hivesy!

Superdude
10-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Always love some Friendly competition. Also i have alot of respect for Deeznuts.
Thanks thief :)

GeoffW
10-03-2013, 02:32 AM
I may have come to MW and VFF later than some of you guys, but being in a VFF faction is what has made MW for me.
Cheers Hivesy

Hivesy
10-03-2013, 05:38 AM
Hey Max, you must have the earliest join date of everyone in here, that's the beauty of starting in CC I guess and migrating over here. I did it the other way round.

GW - you guys have a killer logo! Can VFFI borrow VFFL's stylist?

Mcdoc
10-03-2013, 06:37 AM
Oh yeah - there is the VFF Academy for the pre-schoolers - as in - players below level 25 :)

GeoffW
10-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Hivesy, I think it was Scream did the Logo

Max Power
10-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Hey Max, you must have the earliest join date of everyone in here, that's the beauty of starting in CC I guess and migrating over here. I did it the other way round.

GW - you guys have a killer logo! Can VFFI borrow VFFL's stylist?

Yup, pretty much stumbled on CC the month it was released. Tried MW strictly to get a free gun in CC....LOL!

I kinda wish I had taken it a little more seriously when I started. I had no idea I would still be in it 2 years later.

Jhenry02
10-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Hivesy, I think it was Scream did the Logo

You mean scream modified the logo. The original was done by urbz.

Procyon
10-03-2013, 04:19 PM
I think storm may have brought the original VFF in and edited

Stormchaser
10-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Aye, Urbz authored the original mirror VFF logo thingy. I borrowed it and incorporated it into Lima's logo, as did other VFF factions. Props to Urbz for an awesome gfx!

vball
10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Good to see all my vff alpha friends posting. Miss you guys and hope you are doing well.

Jhenry02
10-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Aye, Urbz authored the original mirror VFF logo thingy. I borrowed it and incorporated it into Lima's logo, as did other VFF factions. Props to Urbz for an awesome gfx!

I passed on the word to him. He's done quite a few logos for factions.

Hivesy
10-04-2013, 06:15 AM
Just found the original call out from McDoc to get the VFF family started. Rather than necro a thread I thought I'd paste it below. It was dated 15th Nov 2012, really really interesting to see the early names.

We've already had a lot of interest in the team - and we will need a variety of talents & resources - one of which has to be people who are "on" enough to contribute. I'm not totally sure if Time Zones will actually be a factor if the factions actions are collective vs if we get better results if we are all on at the same time doing simultaneous attacks - we can sort the Time Zone thing out later as we figure out how that comes into play.

So far, based on the interest, I'd like to form a team with the following people:

"Initial" list - subject to change once the MW3 is released
You have to consider massive leveling as part of this team
Also "time on" each day will be a factor
Lastly - adjustments may need to be made if "Time Zones" become a factor:

McDoc
MickyMacIrl
Gambit12
Vballmadam
Sugarymama
Manbeast
Poopenshrire
Dr. Dengus
HelloKitty
Thunderchild

Wow - that's 10 already and that just from quickly going through those that have recently verbalized a desire to participate from a previous thread. There are at least 10 others I'd love to have ready to join as soon as we can expand to more members.

Obviously there are more quality Vets we will want to recruit - and I will compile a Reserve list - especially if one of the 10 above cant participate.

Some names (so far that i can remember) for the recruit list BASED on WHO has expressed an interest in participating:

In No Particular Order

Cheiz
Ckos
Agent Orange
Jhomel
Copenhagen
HBbomber
Maverick
Miner
Selfproclaimed
MadManDk
Ferr - if he's interested
Overkill280
Albeezy
Led
Flash
Bronson
Hivesy
Lebarticus
Big John
Hellion
Azy
Ranger4Life
Corsair
Lt Falcon
Jhenry02
Jay_Usher
Zoltarov
Jp lfs
Tailgunner
Fun
MaximumFun
Boardgames Rule
Baraka
Sir
Scabbyfeet
Negotiator
Digisyn
TcTiger
Chbranch
Zander75
Thief
Bob_55
Hero-of-time
XJarHead
Desas
Joe Op

This list grows every hour

Already more than enough for a few more teams :/

I didn't list any of the elite Pirates as I suspect they will already honor their alliances. But of course we would love to have some of the highly respected Pirate forum contributors

LuLu:)
10-04-2013, 06:46 AM
To funny to see the list of names.. So many have come and gone. Hope all are doing well. Thanks Thief for the Bravo mention. Good Luck Teams:)

mickymacirl
10-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Indeed it is a blast from the passed.

Procyon
10-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Ok, I'm gonna say what we're all thinking. I miss Bronson. There, I said it.

His forum award shows are still the most brilliant threads ever.

Hivesy
10-04-2013, 04:15 PM
He did weird things to sheep but I miss Bronson to. He changed his in game name a while back and during a cull of allies I lost him. Where you at Bron-king hit us up. Maybe him, Aidan and Thunderchild really did ride off in to the sunset in the end......

Actually that's not true as my occasional love tap from TC lets me know he still cares.

camper killer
10-04-2013, 05:04 PM
LL Cool B

He still reads from time to time, but he is very busy with work and family.

Nail Yakulov
10-04-2013, 11:02 PM
I miss this team too. The VFF I came to love were originally called The French, and then Tier One. I think after merging with VFF Alpha, we just became VFF.... So much history with all the great teams, and name changes... Heck I'm Frank Einstein now lol but cheers to great players and a great team!! ;)