PDA

View Full Version : Why finish the mad scientist lab?

thundarr
09-30-2013, 03:47 PM
If you spend a ton of money and manage to finish the mad scientist lab you get (drum roll please) a Fulcrum Mig-29 (A) - 9,081/7,429. Those participating in the Boss FLTQ have gotten (so far) at least 3 Wraith Goliath tanks (G) - 8,000/7,000 +3% ground defense. Unless you have to have every unit ever given out or the enjoyment of a 10 hanging over your psychedelic electric factory why bother? You have to spend over 1.5 billion dollars for a unit that is marginally better than one they are handing out for something most factions (at least once) can do easily. You get approx 3 million payout so you should recover your investment in only 500 days.

DaBoss!
09-30-2013, 03:53 PM
I see your point here, but these days the average players have 1,000,000+ IPH. So what else should we spend our money on, besides donations.

SevenO9
09-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Your stats must be from another world to pass on a 9k unit.

stephen2013
09-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Your stats must be from another world to pass on a 9k unit.
Right?! I've never had the chance to be able to upgrade a building to 10, so I jumped at the idea of finally being able to even though I have a high IPH. Plus, it's a cool looking unit I think. It would be my second or third highest :)

Chris_
09-30-2013, 04:29 PM
I could care less how long it takes me to actually make the money back. I only do it for the units. It's buying indestructible units with in game cash which is useless now anyway

Thief
09-30-2013, 04:44 PM
I could care less how long it takes me to actually make the money back. I only do it for the units. It's buying indestructible units with in game cash which is useless now anyway

This....Even if every faction gets 5X of the Faction boss units if you have the lvl 10 unit from this and someone else doesn't then you are better off in theroy.

By the same Argument you could say why would you spend any gold on Units when you know the inflation is going to go through the roof. Why buy LE units (which cost real money) instead of in game cash.

Personally i don't care about IPH really (although i did at one point in time) and the biggest issue with me is the time its going to upgrade this thing. I'm not looking at my ROI on it from a cash perspective though.

Perilous
09-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Because everybody else is getting the fltq item as well.. Need items to separate yourself from the herd.

General Soviet
09-30-2013, 06:56 PM
You don't get cash every 18 hours from the Wraith Goliaths, while it may not be as much cash as other buildings, it's still something.

manbeast
09-30-2013, 07:39 PM
OP is right. No point in spending 1.5 billion on a 9k unit. Better off spending that money on aircraft carriers. Nobody should go for the 9k unit...

:P
lol

stephen2013
09-30-2013, 08:39 PM
One important part that you are forgetting is that you don't just get the final unit for the total 10 upgrades for $1.5 billion. You also get every unit between level 1 and 10, and if I remember correctly, the last couple have multiple thousand stats. So in reality, you're probably getting more than 25k/25k stats for $1.5B, which seems like a damn good deal to me.

My opinion: it's totally worth it. As thief said, if you have the units and someone else doesn't, then that's a big advantage to you (theoretically). And I also don't give a damn about ROI.

One more thing: comparing it to the boss events isn't a fair comparison at all in my eyes. How many bosses are you doing per day to help complete that goal? I'm sure you're not doing all 300 of course, which is impossible anyways. Your team helps you to get those units in the boss event, and you just pitch in what you can. With the LE buildings, you're on your own doing the event. You get the units for yourself, without help from the team. It seems like the boss events are much better in terms of prizes, but that is arguably only because you have a team that is helping you along every step of the way.

Just my two cents.

Stooboot
09-30-2013, 09:47 PM
If you spend a ton of money and manage to finish the mad scientist lab you get (drum roll please) a Fulcrum Mig-29 (A) - 9,081/7,429. Those participating in the Boss FLTQ have gotten (so far) at least 3 Wraith Goliath tanks (G) - 8,000/7,000 +3% ground defense. Unless you have to have every unit ever given out or the enjoyment of a 10 hanging over your psychedelic electric factory why bother? You have to spend over 1.5 billion dollars for a unit that is marginally better than one they are handing out for something most factions (at least once) can do easily. You get approx 3 million payout so you should recover your investment in only 500 days.

what else r u gonna do what ur money? Donate it to ur faction and for a 5 % bonus thats costs 40 something billion? All of those units will give u more a/d than a stupid 5% bonus thats really 4% cause of gree math

kippptyyy
09-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Up cho bac,ung ho bia heineken gia (http://wap.tinngan.vn/Chiem-nguong-Exciter-tuyet-dep-voi-mau-xanh-Heineken-va-Tiger_0-6-416-411956.html) tri cho CS

JCL
09-30-2013, 11:08 PM
I think the faction units are higher to encourage group play. If individual or LTE were better, everyone would ignore the faction units. As pointed out, you get quite a few units along the way on the lab. Not just the end unit. I just finished level 4 ungrade with very little money spent so far and got a nearly 2k unit (somewhere between 1-2k)

Fatherllama
10-01-2013, 03:05 AM
ROI's a pretty outdated metric, and in terms of economy these days, should only be used as one of several tiebreakers between upgrades.

Drakhoan
10-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Here is a novel idea... don't build or upgrade the building then. I mean really, making a post because someone is not forcing you to do something that you don't want to do...

Arc Burn
10-01-2013, 08:35 AM
I'll take the extra nice units thank you very much.

Arizona
10-01-2013, 08:46 AM
You aren't just getting one unit for your $outlay. You're getting units for completing all the previous levels, plus you're getting an increase in cash output. One day that cash might be just what you need to advance your game. Don't expect you've seen the last of Gree's innovations.
To those of you thinking ROI time spans and equating value for money etc, think again, it's just play money. None of it's real. It's toy money without any value other than to further your game plans. Think of the LE upgrade units as freebies and remember, no one ever complained they got no units for upgrading their Oil Rigs.

S&H Max
10-01-2013, 09:30 AM
I never understand the why should I upgrade the building I can recive a better unit in faction boss event...

Hello you have an army of 2000 and that number will go up so better have as much strong unit as possible.

Anyway boss consume health and time, LE building take a little part of your IPH, their is no link IMO between the 2 so not upgrading the LE wont help your faction figth more boss so why not do both if you can/want...

thundarr
10-01-2013, 11:07 AM
My point was with the stat inflation and all the units being handed out in the FLTQ and LTQ completing the building has much less of an impact on your overall stats. Those with a high enough IPH to complete it usually are high stats players.