PDA

View Full Version : faction epic boss explained

eggiebert
09-30-2013, 02:57 PM
This may have been posted already but wanted to keep it short and clean...

So here is how it works

Imagine a 50 man faction..

Day 1 .. 300 kills...
Each person does 10 kills.. That's 500..

Day 2. 350 kills.. Some people log in and see that part of the boss is done.. Well that's because the 500 kills where rolled over... But the important thing it that the rolled over kills are only actually rolled over when a player logs in.. ie in this scenario when player 35 logs in that would register 350 kills and the event would complete....

In our faction we have a lot of people who haven't logged in in time.. So their kills may only be registered on day 5, when it becomes a little more difficult..

candyson
09-30-2013, 02:58 PM
All of the boss kills are counted every day... Tell them to get on and make all the days easier.
It would only be 200 kills, because 20/50 people logged on

VSH
09-30-2013, 03:21 PM
All of the boss kills are counted every day... Tell them to get on and make all the days easier.
It would only be 200 kills, because 20/50 people logged on

You're absolutely right Candyson. We experimented from yesterday to today, some guys killed bosses during the 'twilight' period and some didn't. But when we all logged in today we found that the appropriate number of boss kills rolled over. ie those that didn't kill any extra bosses started off where they finished up yesterday, and those who did some killing during the faction challenge downtime simply started off from their own personal total.

On that basis, provided GREE don't change anything, there is no downside to everyone in your faction really going for it with the boss event, sooner rather than later. As long as they all log in daily, their totals will count towards the team total.

That's as best we could figure it anyway....cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war...

eggiebert
09-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks guys.. I'll correct the explanation at the top

Peppers
09-30-2013, 03:35 PM
You're absolutely right Candyson. We experimented from yesterday to today, some guys killed bosses during the 'twilight' period and some didn't. But when we all logged in today we found that the appropriate number of boss kills rolled over. ie those that didn't kill any extra bosses started off where they finished up yesterday, and those who did some killing during the faction challenge downtime simply started off from their own personal total.

On that basis, provided GREE don't change anything, there is no downside to everyone in your faction really going for it with the boss event, sooner rather than later. As long as they all log in daily, their totals will count towards the team total.

That's as best we could figure it anyway....cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war...

We also tried to figure it out, and this sounds the same as what we saw.

CCKallDAY
09-30-2013, 03:36 PM
We also tried to figure it out, and this sounds the same as what we saw.Oh peppers only quit cc?

Dutchie
09-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Although the ones that login when the faction goal becomes active get their hits registered for the goal and in the faction points leaderboard, once the goal is complete subsequent players logging in miss out on the points for the faction points leaderboard. I am now on boss 58, but my faction points show that I have registered points for over a 100 boss hits. Sniper Dutchie is quick to the draw when the faction goal becomes active at 10pm sitting on his sofa with beer in hand and moved to 2nd place in the leaderboard :D

Dutchie
09-30-2013, 03:47 PM
On the first day I registered 25 boss hits, the second day I only did 3 as we changed strategy, but it registered an additional 28 and today it registered another 56, hence more than 100 hits on the leaderboard... Greedy Dutch boy here should join the GREEdy crew... LOL

Dutchie
09-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Anyway, it's all Peppers' fault ;P X

Ferr
10-01-2013, 02:57 PM
This may have been posted already but wanted to keep it short and clean...

So here is how it works

Imagine a 50 man faction..

Day 1 .. 300 kills...
Each person does 10 kills.. That's 500..

Day 2. 350 kills.. Some people log in and see that part of the boss is done.. Well that's because the 500 kills where rolled over... But the important thing it that the rolled over kills are only actually rolled over when a player logs in.. ie in this scenario when player 35 logs in that would register 350 kills and the event would complete....

In our faction we have a lot of people who haven't logged in in time.. So their kills may only be registered on day 5, when it becomes a little more difficult..
It does not work this way....

fkamb
10-01-2013, 03:00 PM
We have a new faction event for ourselves: spot the faction event

fkamb
10-01-2013, 03:01 PM

Hi ferr, nice to still see you drop in once in a while

eggiebert
10-01-2013, 03:19 PM

EH.. yes it does.. read some of the other posts.. I have also personally tested and confirmed.. your kills count every day you log on.. if you get 50 kills in day 1 and log in the next 4 days you contribute 50 each day

Web323
10-01-2013, 03:20 PM
but now they know and it will be different next time

Ferr
10-01-2013, 03:24 PM
EH.. yes it does.. read some of the other posts.. I have also personally tested and confirmed.. your kills count every day you log on.. if you get 50 kills in day 1 and log in the next 4 days you contribute 50 each day

No sir, i have a two man faction. Myself and my llp. And i can confirm it does not work that way.

eggiebert
10-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Well that is rather confusing. The game appears to behave differently between your farewell faction and my own.. rather stupid question, but I have to ask.. I assume you are completing the daily event?

Ferr
10-01-2013, 03:44 PM
I did the exact 300 kills the first time. 175 kills with hlp and 125 killis with llp.

When the second round of 350 bosses came up and both avatars logged in, i had 285 kills to start with so i still needed 65 kills to reach 350

When the third round of 400 bosses came up and both avatars logged in, i had 315 kills to start with so i still needed 85 kills to reach 400

When the fourth round of 450 bosses came up and both my avatars logged in, i had 345 kills to start with so i still need 105 kills to reach 450

I expect that when the last round of 500 bosses come up and both my avatars log in, i will start with 375 or 380 kills needing 120 or 125 more kills to reach the 500.

Now the above happens if your faction does the exact requirements. I do not know what happens if you have additional kills.

Yours,

eggiebert
10-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Thank you very much for your detailed answer Ferr. Great to see that you are still around, and I hope, still enjoying the game. Hopefully a lot less stressful for you now

I will not attempt to argue against your logic, as it would be a futile effort on my behalf and I will admit, that it is a lot simpler for you to test the scenarios than me, in my faction

Dutchie
10-01-2013, 03:58 PM
That's a lot of kills for 2 ;)

Don't understand the GREE logic by removing some kills at the start of each faction goal and what they base that on, but then again they always had warped thinking behind their logic that manifest themselves as glitches ;)

ffp
10-01-2013, 04:02 PM
^ While most of the normal population wonders if they can beat 50 bosses, Ferr manages 300 in a day by himself.

I believe the reason it registers less bosses is because while Ferr shot at the boss, he didn't check for vital signs before moving on to the next boss so the previous boss limped away still alive. :D

Ferr
10-01-2013, 04:11 PM
^ While most of the normal population wonders if they can beat 50 bosses, Ferr manages 300 in a day by himself.

I believe the reason it registers less bosses is because while Ferr shot at the boss, he didn't check for vital signs before moving on to the next boss so the previous boss limped away still alive. :D

You are my true companion in this silly game my friend ;). Retirement is bless. I prefer killing 300 bosses in one day or 57 cons wins during wd (although i have some help here) than faction responsibilities and related stress. Weekends are mine again ;)