PDA

View Full Version : Economy pointless?

What?
09-30-2013, 02:23 PM
As a free player most of my time and effort spent on this game was to build an economy so I could buy units. Now I have a respectable 8.8 million IPH and really no units to buy. I can still buy tactical strike subs for 15,000,000 a piece, but doing so adds a staggering 8 points to my attack. Eventually in the very near future with all the free units being handed out there will be no need to purchase any units.

I guess I can donate more money on top of the billions I already donate to the faction coffers. I could upgrade more buildings for the sake of upgrading buildings. But what happens when all the faction bonuses are purchased and there really is no point to upgrading buildings for the sake of upgrading them? An integral part of the game for me which was purchasing units is becoming a thing of the past. Furthermore, having a good economy subjects me to attacks when I'm not around to collect the buildings and risk losing what little non indestructible units I have left. I'll probably keep my buildings, but I can really foresee selling them in the near future.

Thief
09-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Upgrade your LE building to a lvl 10.

The rewards you get for doing so would be better and cheaper than buying Subs at 15 million each.

That is what the new economy is for. Also Bosses are now 100 levels so you need Cash to get hits in

Finally i suspect gree will release more uses for cash....sooner....or later

BostonHammer
09-30-2013, 03:01 PM
You also need the cash and cash units to complete the faction and solo LTQs. I had to buy almost $20 million woth of units to beat one boss. But like most players who have been around a while, cash units only add a few point to my stats at best so I haven't actively purchased one in over six months.

candyson
09-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Cash units are now worthless to me, when I pushed out all of them with this recent valor. I can say that my army likes having almost 500 expert attack drones.

Max Power
09-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Economy has become pretty pointless in all Gree games, it seems to be a gameplay philosophy they share across all platforms. Unfortunately, as a free player that is about all you can do.

Wayne-Metal
09-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Be a good person; donate to weaker factions.

Jhenry02
09-30-2013, 05:03 PM
Be a good person; donate to weaker factions.
WORD!

10 chars

What?
09-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Upgrade your LE building to a lvl 10.

The rewards you get for doing so would be better and cheaper than buying Subs at 15 million each.

That is what the new economy is for. Also Bosses are now 100 levels so you need Cash to get hits in

Finally i suspect gree will release more uses for cash....sooner....or later

As a free player there isn't enough time in the month to get to lvl 10. Even this new building I suspect the upgrading time will probably be 5 or 6 days each around lvl 8. I hope you are right about new cash units though. With event units getting into the 100,000 range it is extremely pointless to have the strongest cash units 1/1000th of that. Gree should completely revise their cash and valor units by adding at least another 0 on each unit. I've been playing this game for a while and I remember the strongest unit that came out was the warlord siege tank with 600 attack. I really feel sorry for the players who spent thousands of dollars last year buying units with 200 attack for $75 a piece. Don't get me wrong I like the free units, but if gree is going to make such a drastic change with event units, perhaps a change is needed for other units as well.

ShawnBB
09-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Cash and valor will be useful at the end of the day. Hold on your valor and build ur iph changes coming soon. Mark my words.

Drakhoan
10-01-2013, 03:09 AM
You are more than welcome to enter my faction and dispose of that much unwanted cash... i'm happy cause you helped me out and your happy cause i provided an outlet for your frustration! Hows that sound?

stephen2013
10-01-2013, 07:15 AM
As a free player there isn't enough time in the month to get to lvl 10. Even this new building I suspect the upgrading time will probably be 5 or 6 days each around lvl 8.

You're wrong about that one my friend. I think we have around 26 days left, and I will have my MSL at level 7 in less than 2 days. If all goes well, I can have this done with 7-10 days to spare. The longest upgrade time will be 78 hours to upgrade to level 10 also, NOT 5-6 days like you suspected. The real time waster in these events is the days that you will have to save up for the upgrades.
(http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?69141-Mad-Scientist-Lab!!-Cost-Output-IPH-Units-Other-Usefull-Stuff-)

Thief
10-01-2013, 07:19 AM
You're wrong about that one my friend. I think we have around 26 days left, and I will have my MSL at level 7 in less than 2 days. If all goes well, I can have this done with 7-10 days to spare. The longest upgrade time will be 78 hours to upgrade to level 10 also, NOT 5-6 days like you suspected. The real time waster in these events is the days that you will have to save up for the upgrades.
(http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?69141-Mad-Scientist-Lab!!-Cost-Output-IPH-Units-Other-Usefull-Stuff-)

You beat me to it. Yup i've never spent money on fast builds and i can tell you if you have the cash to start one after the other you can complete in about 2 weeks. (This time we had over 1 month)

The difficult part is balancing upgrading the current LE building with needing to upgrade your other buildings.