PDA

View Full Version : Stat Inflation : Stop Complaining!

Commander C
09-29-2013, 08:15 PM
All over the forums you've probably have seen post saying Gree needs to stop the stat inflation, enough with the big prizes, and that it is not competitive anymore. Well listen here, to get these units, it takes effort. All the factions try really hard, which is still competitive. And as individuals, sure we are growing, but almost everyone else is to! Those who aren't, they are not trying. So if you get bigger, you'll still be bigger then that other small guy who got a little bit bigger. Now quit complaining,

Wayne-Metal
09-29-2013, 08:21 PM
I love how everyone was complaining about weak units in the past. Now it's units that are too strong. Can't imaging how confused GREE support must be

General Soviet
09-29-2013, 09:06 PM
All over the forums you've probably have seen post saying Gree needs to stop the stat inflation, enough with the big prizes, and that it is not competitive anymore. Well listen here, to get these units, it takes effort. All the factions try really hard, which is still competitive. And as individuals, sure we are growing, but almost everyone else is to! Those who aren't, they are not trying. So if you get bigger, you'll still be bigger then that other small guy who got a little bit bigger. Now quit complaining,
I've gotta agree, if I was offered the units I'm winning now when the game first started, I would have certainly taken them? Why do people now not want them?

stephen2013
09-29-2013, 09:29 PM
I think it's absolutely crazy how much stats have gone up recently, but I'm not gonna complain. Like the OP said, it takes hard work and effort and a lot of other people are putting in that work too, which keeps it competitive. I will gladly take any nice indestructibles, even if it's only like 200 stats. ****, I think I have a gold army by now.

baxter_
09-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Pretty sure it's mainly the people who previously spent a lot of money to get to the point there at only for gree to turn around and make people 1/3 of there level just as strong by paying no where near the amount they have forked out

goober
09-29-2013, 10:24 PM
baxter_, that's true - but if those people will spend the same amount again now, they will be 10x higher!

It's all relative to the other players *at the time* To complete the FLTQ on Prestige took gold. To complete the Omega solo LTQ took more gold. To complete all the boss kills is going to take some gold. Players who spend $$ today will wind up with better units and stats than players who don't spend today. Players who spent last year, and are not spending now - they will not keep up.

In other words - the game is not an investment. Buying better units today does not give you a long-term advantage. So, yes, this is the definition of inflation, but it's also the "what have you done for me lately" approach

Generik79
09-29-2013, 10:25 PM
What the OP is missing is that he/she is clearly on the outside looking in. This inflation deserves to be complained about for 2 reasons: (a) a second MASSIVE devaluation of prior gold spending; and (2) a coming MASSIVE increase in the gap between the game's haves and have-nots. You may think you are boosting and doing great because of faction prizes. But remember many in game are doing those and the individual accompanying ones--and boosting their stats 2-3x as much as you are. This expanding gap--already grotesque from WD rewards--is the biggest problem with the current events. And that's why I will lap up everything they throw at me, for now, but expect it either to stop, slow greatly, or the game to start hurting badly.

swag
09-29-2013, 10:25 PM
The same amount of gold that could get you a 10k unit can now get you a 100k unit. Sure, it doesn't matter if you spend gold on every single event to complete it, but for those of us that only drop a few bars on wd events or boss events are now falling behind far faster. The fact that someone who started a LLP in a top 50 faction can have higher stats than me within two events without dropping additional gold is silly.

BoThox
09-29-2013, 11:09 PM
I agree that this inflation has caused a devaluation of previously spent gold, and I am puzzled how Gree dare play around with their biggest and most secure income - the big spenders.
At the same time - the inflation cause WDE to become more insignificant and just an event among the many. Last faction LTQ was possible to finish in a #400 faction, with moderate gold spending. The rewards, without looking into it in detail, was maybe 2-3x what I ever got for finishing in top10.

The ones who will lose out now, are the ones not in a faction.

It would be nice if they boosted the LE building unit rewards at some point too ;)

Dutchie
09-29-2013, 11:28 PM
@Commander C - Do you spend any gold on this game? I would be surprised if you did... or you're new to the game. The new generation of player that GREE is craving for as some of the established players up sticks. One of the two.

Hotshots
09-29-2013, 11:50 PM
The biggest problem with the stat inflation is its been geared up to defence bonus's . It's getting to the point now where it's becoming increasingly difficult to beat people as defence stats are so much higher than attack ones. Take my main account as example , I've got 1.2m att but a crazy 1.9m def. Its getting to the point where you can no longer attack people ( unless you want to pick on the low stat people). Throw in the fact you loose 3 or 4 attacks when you have 200-300k more att than their def .
I also find this game is becoming more like a full time job . Event after event after event. The fun aspect is rapidly dwindling for me and I'm sure it is for many others.

Gen CheeBye
09-30-2013, 02:51 AM
I know I'm not complaining, cos I'm having fun with my faction.I still spend the same amounts of gold every month and a little bit more depending on the event.

Why limit yourself to just WD? For free players, all I can say is join a good faction, be an active participant and help out any way you can to enjoy group benefits. My honest opinion.