PDA

View Full Version : Is the small faction doomed?

Lee1967
09-28-2013, 09:47 PM
I think small factions are in trouble. We are a small faction with some great players but how do we stay competitive when every decent size faction gets monster units? I've discussed this problem with our members and they are not interested in merging with another faction because they prefer my leadership.

We can't be the only faction that is facing this problem, what are others planning? It feels like we are doomed.

pb23
09-28-2013, 09:54 PM
You are. No fault of your own. The wedge between small and large, rich and poor, has been firmly driven in at this point.

You're only chance to improve is merge. Otherwise its top 1000+ for you unfortunately.

Gunfighter
09-28-2013, 10:01 PM
If your referring to the faction LTQs between wars, one option is to temporarily merge with another small faction in order to finish the LTQs. If your referring to the faction LTQs during WD then smaller factions with strong stats actually have an advantage. If your referring to rankings during WD, then your wasting your time. Faction LTQs offer much better units.

pb23
09-28-2013, 10:05 PM
If your referring to the faction LTQs between wars, one option is to temporarily merge with another small faction in order to finish the LTQs. If your referring to the faction LTQs during WD then smaller factions with strong stats actually have an advantage. If your referring to rankings during WD, then your wasting your time. Faction LTQs offer much better units.

Yes they have the advantage assuming they have monster stats to begin with, which they don't. They probably also don't have a lot of gold at their disposal...

With the WD LTQs causing more and more players to reform new factions with very few members, these guys stuck there trying to make it "out" have even more hurdles to contend with.

Not saying the sky is falling, but the game's mechanics are definitely stacking up against you.

London Town
09-28-2013, 10:06 PM
Merging would be your best option

pb23
09-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Another thing to keep in mind... if your leadership style is effective, your ability to lead will naturally transcend into a new faction.

I have experienced this first hand and have taken a group from top 1500 to aiming for top 100 in mexico in three months.

There is a certain amount of apprehension about something "new", but at some point you have to take a leap of faith to try and better your situation.

crazyman1
09-28-2013, 10:13 PM
i know one of the top 10 in crime city is trying a new format for syndicate battle where they have a main account for sltq and for battle they branch off to there mini syndicate of groups of 5 so all can get streaks maxxed out since top 10 prizes are not worth a dam compare to streaks and win.

so you might be able to form a buddy group to merge for fltq and then break off to normal faction for wars

Lee1967
09-28-2013, 10:16 PM

We can not stay competitive on any level if the good stats we had last week are now poor stats. I'm already seeing the effect of not winning so many great units

Gunfighter
09-28-2013, 10:26 PM
Without good stats and gold use, the faction LTQs during WD are near impossible regardless of faction size. Your only hope is to merge either temporarily or permanent to finish LTQs between wars.

London Town
09-28-2013, 10:28 PM
i know one of the top 10 in crime city is trying a new format for syndicate battle where they have a main account for sltq and for battle they branch off to there mini syndicate of groups of 5 so all can get streaks maxxed out since top 10 prizes are not worth a dam compare to streaks and win.

so you might be able to form a buddy group to merge for fltq and then break off to normal faction for wars

Lots of people are doing this and it costs a ton of gold. for it to be effective you really need players in there with an excellent stat/level ratio.

I'm speaking first hand and we setup a mini team to do this last war and it wasn't cheap, we got the units and finished outside top 1000 but there's alway the odd idiot team racking up a score.

crazyman1
09-28-2013, 10:31 PM
the syndicate from what i heard paid $$$ to have a syndicate fully loaded by a hacker

Lee1967
09-28-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm likeing the part time merger idea .

pb23
09-28-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm likeing the part time merger idea .

Yeah me too... You should consider a full time merger. Merging for the events and realizing success together... then saying "well, this month was real. Lets part ways and put up equally pitiful performances in WD and miss out on boost units we could have had by working cooperatively. See ya after the war!"

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but hey if it works for ya - good luck with it!

crazyman1
09-29-2013, 12:04 AM
the reason u part ways is to do the winning streaks .you got a better chance winning as a small team and prizes are better that way

generalpain
09-29-2013, 12:08 AM
A good leader would recognize this and merge immediately. When I say immediately, and your reading this, you are even more behind the curve. I'm sure you are a good leader that your crew loves, but you are holding every one of those players back. Most players have gained 200-300k stats since war ended. You have an opportunity to stroll get some nice stats before war with the faction boss event...but you better hurry. I'm not trying to put you or your faction down, but you came to the forums for advice, thus is it. Merge now, step up and be a leader in the faction you merge into, even if your not made an officer. Your new team should appreciate that. Good luck.

Lee1967
09-29-2013, 12:13 AM
A good leader would recognize this and merge immediately. When I say immediately, and your reading this, you are even more behind the curve. I'm sure you are a good leader that your crew loves, but you are holding every one of those players back. Most players have gained 200-300k stats since war ended. You have an opportunity to stroll get some nice stats before war with the faction boss event...but you better hurry. I'm not trying to put you or your faction down, but you came to the forums for advice, thus is it. Merge now, step up and be a leader in the faction you merge into, even if your not made an officer. Your new team should appreciate that. Good luck.

I'm looking for a team now !

nickwychong
09-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Hi Lee,

Our fiction got interest to merge with your fiction to do this Fiction boss LTQ.
Please let me know asap.

Thanks,
Nick and Dream

DFI
09-29-2013, 01:07 AM
The problem with going off to smaller teams just for the WD event is that you need a shell that is fully maxed out so that your team doesn't experience a loss in stats from when they are in the mother ship. Not easy to max out unless you have a ton of people with very high IPH. Yes, you may not need to worry about guild, but you still need the attack bonuses. So either you have a hacker full the shell with money or your team needs guys with great IPH. I'd be interested to know how many brand new WD event only factions are maxed out.

Gunfighter
09-29-2013, 03:13 AM
Well take my opinion for what it is, an opinion. My remarks are based off of what my faction has done to be successful doing the WD FLTQs, and what I've seen of other factions that have completed the LTQs. Besides SUP family, most of the factions that I've talked to who completed all win streak goals have been a smaller faction of 30 or less (most are 15 or less). They are high stat and gold users and attempt to stay low in the rankings. Just my observations.

Btw my factions is not even close to maxing out bonuses.

Ulrich von Bek
09-29-2013, 04:15 AM
I'm a faction leader and the question I'm stuck on is, who gets left behind to accept us back in after the FLTQ? Who is going to miss out on the units. Who would want to. We have been a small faction for along time and when the WD event started, with straight wins our battle plan worked great. Were not overly interested in WD rank. We are a top 4k. The jump in stats for our rivals from fltq's is huge, most of these new units are all in their top ten.
So who gets left behind? Do we take it in turns.

Gunfighter
09-29-2013, 04:36 AM
That's a tough question Ulrich. We're lucky in that we have a few LLPs that don't want to take the XP associated with the FLTQs. They stay, while those who don't mind the XP disperse to other factions to get the units. But in your situation (which I assume most face), there's no easy answer.

Dutchie
09-29-2013, 04:53 AM
Indeed it is a very tough situation as the faction gulf widens with each event. I believe GREE's recent actions will cause many players to raise the white flag as their aspirations have been blown apart. There are no easy answers but having multiple factions that work together is now the only option left where each faction is designated for certain events. There won't be many factions left that will be able to participate effectively in all events and these factions will be determined by having a high number (50+) of active players in them that contain a mixture of levels from HLPs to LLPs where you play to each strengths dependent on the event itself.

Agent Orange
09-29-2013, 05:55 AM
I think the question is, what exactly do you want to accomplish. If it's ranking in WD then yes a small faction with middle of the road players is doomed. If it's just doing consecutive wins depends and as for these new faction events I would say if your stats across the faction are low the your not competative here either.

Evil Mastermind
09-29-2013, 06:27 AM
It is not necessarily the size of the faction (unless competing for ranking) but rather how much you and your teammates are willing to spend. The solution to your problem has been and always will be answered from this day forward with a single word... GOLD. Top Ranking in WD, completing fLTQs & LTQs, Boss events, and every other event now (with top units) requires the same thing... GOLD.

The days of free players strategizing to maintain any level of competitiveness are over. This is no longer a freemium game. It is pay-to-play, and pay-to-win.

Tito89
09-29-2013, 06:51 AM
I think the question is, what exactly do you want to accomplish. If it's ranking in WD then yes a small faction with middle of the road players is doomed. If it's just doing consecutive wins depends and as for these new faction events I would say if your stats across the faction are low the your not competative here either.

Pretty much all of this applies to me, im the main guy in my faction, but i can still get the goodish units suchas the normal mode raptor (3k/2k one) but i couldnt make top 4000 for france because i was the only majorly active guy, i get a bit downhearted as i tried and failed to say complete a fltq or beat top 2500 for the tournaments and sometimes i wonder why im doing this game, and i remember by looking at my faction...

its for FUN, and i smile and keep going.

ps llp guys in my faction do a heck of a lot more than i had originally expected from them, all 3 of the 4 members, go FUN!

Specialized
09-29-2013, 07:02 AM
This game has got me hooked but recently pissing me off. I used to be strong, in a top 150 faction getting units, but before gree started throwing prizes at us, i decided to go back to my old faction. we had a merge and the people left behind were mad and i felt bad to see a faction once i loved was going down.... But now im missing out on all the units and getting weaker while everyone else is getting stronger each day. now my stats mean nothing. i attack 20 guys, lose to all of them and seeing them have the faction prizes that i dont have just makes me sad. It took me a year and two months to get to 350k attack. I started a llp and kept it in the top 150 faction and now thats 350k in stats. a year and two months of work has been easily overthrown by two months of playing. That just doesnt make sense to me...

BRIA11
09-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Pm sent Lee

Max Power
09-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Doomed.

Interesting term.

It's peoples competative nature that makes them think they can actually win in this game. You cant. You may be one in a million and be strongest for a while, but that is temporary as well. There is no shot clock, no game ending buzzer, no final battle.

Its a game that makes you think there are winners and losers, and human nature seems to dictate that most people think it is true, hence the crazy spending, constant paranoia of falling behind, and non stop quest for your faction to move up.

If you thought that you could win this game, or even lead for a while, then yes, you are doomed.

Machine Gun
09-29-2013, 01:35 PM
You and your members buy gold soon as possible and start to finish ltq's then get the units.. Nothing for free here. Do you think big factions geting everything for free? Eh no!! So wait for next gold sale and jump on it, purchase couple of vaults gold and ofcourse your members too.. Then get all the units.

London Town
09-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Hi Lee,

Our fiction got interest to merge with your fiction to do this Fiction boss LTQ.
Please let me know asap.

Thanks,
Nick and Dream

Fiction, fraction or simply faction....

London Town
09-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Small faction? How about a faction of one? You spend no gold, play or not play
as you wish. Answer to no one and pretend nothing! What is so complicated
about this nonsense? Apologies to my few friends who may be following FFP aka
Eddie aka fivefingerpete...he is currently watching NFL football...very bored and losing to
a "girl" who wins every game by picking the cutest quarterback! Eddie is not
happy and does not want to discuss it any further.

Your a bit of a sad case continually creating account after account on this site

Tyrant
09-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Mwhahahahahahahahahaha were taking over!

Kefa
09-30-2013, 12:54 PM
I don't believe lower level or smaller factions are "Doomed", but factions full of people who don't participate aggressively in faction goals will not win the rewards, and that's fair. Nobody becomes a champion in anything without hard work and aggressive momentum toward the goal.

If you and your team want to get it done and are serious, you'll find a way to get it done. If you decide to believe it's impossible, then it is indeed. If you're with people who don't care, don't participate, or spend their energy and stamina on individual goals instead of faction goals, it's not gonna happen without a TON of gold. Even with participation it's likely going to cost, but it can be minimized with max participation and strategy.

Strategy hint...
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?68624-New-Units-Update

Lee1967
09-30-2013, 05:43 PM
To those who are reading this I did manage to find a great team to temp merge with. We'll see how it goes but so far so good!

Powerbang
09-30-2013, 05:51 PM
To those who are reading this I did manage to find a great team to temp merge with. We'll see how it goes but so far so good!

You're on the right track... best of luck to you!

Blodiea
10-01-2013, 12:16 AM
My faction is in the same boat. Any other small teams looking for temporary merger send me a pm.
Thanks in advance.

Drakhoan
10-01-2013, 03:02 AM
Sounds good in theory, but my faction has too much fun together to go their seperate ways for any amount of time... in the end I think that is all that matters.

Kefa
10-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Sorry, didn't see page 2, so what I said isn't really relevant to the OP anymore.

PoundDawg
10-01-2013, 10:42 AM
I think i'm in a lower faction. we have 35/36 members. usually 26 active. we are strong for our size. we finish top 600 in tournament and top 600 in FvF every time. I don't see many factions do that. We have great communication which helps. Doomed no....but falling behind probably yes. I have stats at 800k/1 million and now having issues fighting because of stat inflation. my WD points are down because of my level. We need new blood

things that our faction has gone thru:
Numerous Hospital stays from members
Engagements
Divorce....was ugly and faction related and personal
Child birth
Death of a Faction member
Numerous natural Disasters Hurracains, Floods, Fire, Explosions, Terrorist acts
House toppled by Tree

Had to put some happy ones in there. My Faction is my support outside my family. I can vent with them. I can consol with them and i can celebrate with them. I have never met any of them :)

We could split up into top 100 Factions but we have been thru lots together.

otis10341
10-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Gree definitely has changed the dynamics of the game along with the way factions are used to help gain strength, but
what has been lost now is the friendships and relationships you have made with your members. Our faction is by no
means near the top 500 but we have agreed to stick together and just play the game, we may not get the top units but we enjoy working with each other and that is a win for us.

Kefa
10-01-2013, 11:58 AM

Oops, didn't notice a page 2, lol...

That's great! Best of luck to you, there's good stuff out there to be had for sure.