PDA

View Full Version : Do you think camping is a good idea now?

CCKallDAY
09-28-2013, 04:51 PM
IMO, I do not think camping is a good idea now. All the LTQ's, PvP, SLTQ, SynWar, and new boss event take away the point of camping. You will fall behind if you camp.

Im Jahova
09-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Not any more. I was camping when the boss was normal but since they added 50 more levels and gave them much more health I don't see a point to camping any more.

First

J Smooth
09-28-2013, 04:54 PM
I don't even play with my camper account anymore. It's pointless like you said. I'll use him to help with future syndicate boss events if need be and thats about it.

CCKallDAY
09-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Someone voted camping is a good idea? Must be weak.

Euchred
09-28-2013, 05:08 PM
It's still an option, not sure I can say it's a good idea but it's still a style of play. I see no reason to stop "camping" with my "camping" account simply because I'll never have competitive stats. It is what it is is.

candyson
09-28-2013, 05:29 PM
I voted camping is still good, but only if done right. I am a camper, and do it very well.

oacju
09-28-2013, 05:32 PM
I try to camp but have a hard time doing it because I always participate in the events.

Gingeasian
09-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Camping is not yet a dead strategy, but it has evolved lately with inflation. It is very effective but only if done correctly. I am still camping and doing just fine for my level and hitting people far above me. I think everyone can agree that boss events and collect events are the most camper friendly events, so since campers get so few of these compared to ltqs you must complete them i their entirety. I have completed the last 3 bosses all the way to 50 ( excluding the klout boss) and finished both of the collect 10s along with side quests. Camping is also still very good for building your iph and every good camper should be taking advantage of this current ltb.

With regards to being a good team player as a camper it is very simple. Since most campers will under preform in the sltq and the PVP due to extremely high xp, then you must over preform in the syndicate bosses and during wars. Whether that means staying up extra late and making every battle to get max hits in or as i do, using some gold for the wars.
Whatever your choice camping is still a very viable strategy but only if done right

The_
09-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Yes, but to a certain extent. There really is no point making a lvl 50 with over 1m stats. This would take forever and building your IPH would be really slow. There are multiple advantageous to camping: 1) robbing stronger players at your level who generally have high IPH, thus increases your IPH quicker 2) better IP average during battles thus decreases gold spending (FREE PLAYER 4 LYFE YO) 3) If you don't camp for a reasonable amount of time, your peers would walk over you during battles, pvp, robbing, etc.

Hexum311ad
09-28-2013, 07:30 PM
IMO, I do not think camping is a good idea now. All the LTQ's, PvP, SLTQ, SynWar, and new boss event take away the point of camping. You will fall behind if you camp.

CCKallDAY - in our situation we think its a good idea because a low level player with HIGH attack can get big points during syndicate battles where the rewards are best so yes I think its good.

Hexum - Fight Club II

bald zeemer
09-28-2013, 08:00 PM
With the new formats the only two benefits of holding onto a low level are:
1. The 20% IP boost in wars
2. Avoiding more powerful people (big fish in a small pond, essentially).

In regards to the first, the simple fact is that you need to be strong enough to hit the people at higher levels in order to realise the IP boost. I'm assuming that up to ~T250 this probably is very achievable for campers. For T25/T50 this will quickly become impossible for campers - because by definition they are passing on events, and the huge recent stat gains will ensure that previous advantages are eroded.
In regards the second, I guess that's up to every player. Just be cognoscente that the longer you camp, the harder it'll be to break into higher levels if you ever decide to do so (or naturally drift there). This is especially pertinent for anyone trying to camp in the high-100s. You will drift into the tank, unless you can camp it out until a new level cap increase (if one comes), and you'll find yourself having to drop mafia to play the sub-game that is developing there for the low-stat players.

Idiosyncrasy
09-28-2013, 08:05 PM
I don't think camping is a good idea any longer. Finally, they have implemented processes that makes camping hurt you overall. As you said, you will fall behind if you camp.

I understand that it is good to rain as competitive as possible for your level, so I still don't go out of my way to do random jobs in the goal list, but you will just fall behind if you don't do the LTQ's and other events. Plus, note the quote in my sig.

There are more ways than ever to play the game how it was meant to be played.

Gingeasian
09-28-2013, 08:11 PM
With the new formats the only two benefits of holding onto a low level are:
1. The 20% IP boost in wars
2. Avoiding more powerful people (big fish in a small pond, essentially).
And these are the 2 reasons to continue camping. The large level differentials allows me to maximize my money. And I have realized that I myself will never be in the top 1% like you so it does feel good to be in the top 1% at a much lower level. Is it the same as being one of the best in the game no, but it still feels good sometimes

bald zeemer
09-28-2013, 08:22 PM
It won't last, though. One of my minis has stats just under half yours, at L35ish. I'd be stunned if it's not over 400k by L50, and that's a free-playing account.

Fredfreddy
09-28-2013, 08:46 PM
The more people say "camping is bad" the better is is for campers. So, camping is bad.

reesebutton
09-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Camping is still great. Play at your own time, don't chase every damn event.

Now that BM has hung up his guns, it'll be harder to find the LTQ sweet spot for campers.

Omerta80
09-29-2013, 12:04 PM
In my opinion the idea of camping has changed and it just requires a new strategy. As someone earlier in the thread posted case events and boss events are still the best camper style events. To stay competitive with stat inflation though it is important that a camper complete these events. All a part of GREE's bigger plan i suppose to increase gold spending

TZora
09-29-2013, 08:14 PM
if you play all of the events, forget camping completely :D