PDA

View Full Version : Solution to inflation

Tyrant
09-28-2013, 06:29 AM
Rather than having all events be about units perhaps what we need is an event where you can win cash, or strictly non combat bonuses, maybe even a little gold, just no units or combat bonuses and please no more valor I have 2m and I can't spend it.

Skoalrulz
09-28-2013, 06:41 AM
Why would you not be able to spend your valor.

Tyrant
09-28-2013, 07:03 AM
Because of the 2000 unit cap and I'm a colonel

Vegaman
09-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Rather than having all events be about units perhaps what we need is an event where you can win cash, or strictly non combat bonuses, maybe even a little gold, just no units or combat bonuses and please no more valor I have 2m and I can't spend it.

Agree maybe a different reward every now and again will spice things up. Valour was a precious commodity and encouraged me and others to attack and raid rivals to get valour points. I have 2.2 million surplus and nothing to spend them on either. Looks like GREE has a short term goal as most things are devalued within 4 weeks by the next new rewards. If you don't spend you can't keep up. Thats all this is about. I understand as they are a profit making company, but we seem to be in a crazy upward spiral designed for short term play only, not long term players. My LLP account at lvl 68 is now nearly a million defence. Crazy Crazy!!! Before Brazil War 80k attack or more was awesome with a few pirates at 300k etc ...
We are bringing new LLP's that we are creating into our faction, dumping the freeloaders, so that those that spend on gold can build for the future. After this LTQ, as we have done prestige, we have lvl 20 players with 150-200k stats (XP given levels them up). These will be million stat players by lvl 50 getting awesome WDP. The only way to win at this will be to start again and use the maxed out factions to develop your second/third etc player/account. Or as some have done create feeder factions and hop in and out of them to help the LLP's get the rewards.

jjm521
09-28-2013, 01:20 PM
The only way to win at this will be to start again and use the maxed out factions to develop your second/third etc player/account. Or as some have done create feeder factions and hop in and out of them to help the LLP's get the rewards.

Im not sure Gree really thought this through. I cant imagine new people joining this game are going to stick around when they run into all these players at low levels with 300-500k stats and all they can do is buy units with 30 defense. Yes theyll eventually figure out that they should join a faction, but the only factions that will take them will be lower end factions, so theyll continue to be outmatched by ridiculous amounts and theyll just quit. More and more 'vets' of the game are creating new accounts and helping them get the big prizes with their main accounts so those main accounts will eventually retire as well since the minis will be so much more valuable (big wdps etc). I dunno, doesnt seem like a good long term plan

Philly982
09-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Unfortunately I feel that the hyper stat inflation is a Pandora's Box type situation and it truly is a shame. I understand why they need to inflate stats from a business standpoint, but the current rate from country to country is getting absurd.

Valor is pretty much useless. My remaining lifespan is probably not long enough to acheive the final rank, and by that time with the current inflation rate that unit may be as useful as a Desert Leader. I would like to see Gree bring out LE valor units. Perhaps they could bring one out when a new LE set is released, or one for each country. These LE valor units could have decent stats for the current inflation standard and cost lots of valor.

a4194394
09-28-2013, 03:31 PM
in nowadays this game anything other than raising stat and gold is useless.