PDA

View Full Version : Endless Stat Inflation, Nothing Can Keep Up, The Game is Losing Competitiveness

Exxtraterrestrial
09-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Look at this:

The best LTQ unit as of now has 95,000 attack and 100,000 defense.
The best cash bought unlockable unit has 90 attack and 50(?) defense, and costs 15,000,000.
The best unlockable valor unit has 1,500 attack and 1,300 defense, and costs 85,000 valor.
The best non-LE gold unit has 500 attack and about as much defense and costs more than 1,000 gold.
The highest cash purchase is only 10 million cash.
The highest gold purchase is only 1,500 gold.

I don't mind have good stats but this game isn't competitive anymore.
Remember a time where we all actually worked on stats? Remember how sometimes one unit could be the difference between win and lost?
This is a war game. I understand how Gree wants to make money, but, let's admit it, we spent more money back then than now. We can now just camp and not do any events. Now with the faction LTQs, what does that mean to stat inflation?

Everyone at the same level gets almost the same units, so, WTF? There's no clear difference between win or loss. Now, it all depends on how much real money you spend on those events!

Seriously, Gree, rethink this game! What's the point of SUP winning every single war and nobody else getting a chance? What's the point of everyone having almost-equal stats? Bring the competitiveness back! At least raise the unit stats or slow down inflation, or both!

Exxtraterrestrial
09-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Also, it's obvious that the lower levels can't keep up, so, when they top out, they'll be facing opponents FAR stronger than them, they won't stand a chance.

Captain Ahab
09-27-2013, 01:51 PM
I believe the amount of cash you can purchase in a vault is relative to your iph, not $10,000,000

IlliniFan1
09-27-2013, 01:57 PM
I can get 335 mil for $100

Dutchie
09-27-2013, 01:59 PM
They are putting the best units where the most money is spent. The game is geared around spending and it won't change. They will probably add more cash/valor units as they have done in the past, but it won't make a dent in the super-stat units that only the top factions/players can achieve. Take it for what it is and for what it has become, or just raise your white flag and move on. There is no going back now. GREE have made their decisions and the only logic behind it is to keep revenues up with new enticing units.

Stooboot
09-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Its a pay to win game what do u expect and gree is tryin to milk is for every dollar they can. Ive said it b4 its only a matter of time b4 ppl get fed up with the game its just a matter of if they can actually quit or not this game is like crack

Dutchie
09-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Its a pay to win game what do u expect and gree is tryin to milk is for every dollar they can. Ive said it b4 its only a matter of time b4 ppl get fed up with the game its just a matter of if they can actually quit or not this game is like crackCrack is probably cheaper too... LOL

Exxtraterrestrial
09-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Competitiveness, anyone?

Dutchie
09-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Competitiveness, anyone? Competitiveness in what? Who can spend the most? Let's be honest, this game is tiered between the high spenders, medium spenders, low spenders and non-spenders. There is only one winner and for me they are the non-spenders! Like I said, take the game for what it is, it won't change! Doesn't mean you can't enjoy the game at the level that you play at even without the competitiveness. There is always the camaraderie within the faction and that gives me more enjoyment than the game itself!

Web323
09-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Competitiveness in what? Who can spend the most? Let's be honest, this game is tiered between the high spenders, medium spenders, low spenders and non-spenders. There is only one winner and for me they are the non-spenders! Like I said, take the game for what it is, it won't change! Doesn't mean you can't enjoy the game at the level that you play at even without the competitiveness. There is always the camaraderie within the faction and that gives me more enjoyment than the game itself!

Well said...

Bettle
09-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Competitiveness in what? Who can spend the most? Let's be honest, this game is tiered between the high spenders, medium spenders, low spenders and non-spenders. There is only one winner and for me they are the non-spenders! Like I said, take the game for what it is, it won't change! Doesn't mean you can't enjoy the game at the level that you play at even without the competitiveness. There is always the camaraderie within the faction and that gives me more enjoyment than the game itself!

Tears.....

TIMB0
09-27-2013, 07:24 PM

Possibly the best bit of drivel this forum ever produced. Well done Dutchie.

GREEd
09-27-2013, 07:46 PM
The current unit and event prizes are designed to help make weaker players stronger, and stronger players even more stronger! It's a win-win scenario with great prizes and awesome stats increase for everyone! If you are currently dissatisfied with your current progress please try your hand at crime city or kingdom age! Both provide great wholesome family entertainment!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm currently stocking up on a few vaults of gold to put me over the top!

mkdubbn
09-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Its a pay to win game what do u expect and gree is tryin to milk is for every dollar they can. Ive said it b4 its only a matter of time b4 ppl get fed up with the game its just a matter of if they can actually quit or not this game is like crack
Rock on dude! its way more competitive for me now.

Gen CheeBye
09-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Dutchie has explained in details the fractious nature of MW we are faced with now. It's tiered is such a way that the high rollers will keep spending while the free players will have a separate league of their own to contend with.

You have to play it smart and be competitive within the tier which you are in. The choice is still yours whether to spend or not.

Superdude
09-27-2013, 10:43 PM
It's a game that revolves around money the top players just now have something to balance the absurdity of leveling up

Dutchie
09-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Possibly the best bit of drivel this forum ever produced. Well done Dutchie. Why thank you... I have plenty more just waiting to ooze out :)

Exxtraterrestrial
09-28-2013, 06:19 AM
It's a game that revolves around money the top players just now have something to balance the absurdity of leveling up

Yes this game revolves around $$$ so us free players are just losing and losing until we all can't find no opponents and we all delete this f**king game.

Anjunbeats
09-28-2013, 06:28 AM
The current unit and event prizes are designed to help make weaker players stronger, and stronger players even more stronger! It's a win-win scenario with great prizes and awesome stats increase for everyone! If you are currently dissatisfied with your current progress please try your hand at crime city or kingdom age! Both provide great wholesome family entertainment!

OMG seriously dude, this is like the dumbest thing I have ever read in this forum. Made my week.. hahahaha

Dutchie
09-28-2013, 07:30 AM
Yes this game revolves around $$$ so us free players are just losing and losing until we all can't find no opponents and we all delete this f**king game.

There are plenty of other free players in the same boat, so you will always find someone to beat up. If you bring up a list of 20 rivals, how many of those have weaker stats?

As a free player, you really need strategy to get anywhere in this game and there are players out there who are free players that are part of a top 100 faction. They are smart because they have worked out the best strategy when playing free yet they still contribute in meaningful ways during faction events. Having said that, if you missed out on the health regeneration units when the LTQ was launched, it will put you at a slight disadvantage in WD events, but this can be made up for in other ways.

The game is now geared towards factions and faction events, so finding a harmonious group of team players is now key to success in this game, even as a free player.

If you are expecting the free players to be able to compete with the gold players, then you clearly don't understand the mechanics of this game.

TheSource
09-28-2013, 09:18 AM
I stopped playing MW today after like 1 year I guess. My stats were L131, ATT 1M+, DEF 1.5M+, IPH 5Mil and I was playing very light gold. I was always strong for my level but gained last week with the faction TLE more than 200k ATT and 400k DEF which is crazy. During wars I always played free and those weekends I was able to put up 75k WD. The reason why I stop is that Gree is going crazy with all the events and tries to occupy our time 100%, because if we are involved soon or later we pay.

I see people here on the forum saying thank you Gree that the wars are now instead of 3 weeks a month apart... well they are wrong, the top xxx prizes with bonus are nice but only top 25 and higher is really interesting. For all others people the other events (streak), boss, LTE are more interesting to boost up their stats. With the Faction PVP, the Faction LTE and soon the Faction Boss event is taking much more of our time, we always at war and if you are in a faction you should also help that faction in order to finish the event, because if you don't next 'real' war you cannot find any targets.

This game is so ****ed up, Gree is only about making money money money. But why would you spend it? I saw a 6 weeks old player with 1m+ stats. Just by joining the last events and streaks. It took me 1+ year to get here and a new players makes that in 6 weeks.They are totally not thinking about how to keep this game sustainable. Your gold buys you today a 100k+ unit (~6 vaults) but why spend your money if you can have a 250k unit 6 weeks later.

Anyway the start deflation was not the reason why I quite, it is something I noticed and which I saw as a problem. The reason why I stop playing is because Gree asks me to play on the toilet, on the car while driving, at work, during having sex. Because if you don't play, you get left behind..

Take care and enjoy the game while it lasts.

CCKallDAY
09-28-2013, 09:26 AM
I believe the amount of cash you can purchase in a vault is relative to your iph, not $10,000,000Correct! The OP needs to check his facts before posting a long thread. BTW, TL:DRMOI

generalpain
09-28-2013, 09:47 AM
It's very sad that what was once a casual, social game has became so corrupted in the name of a few extra bucks. Gree has obviously gotten too big for their britches, and this mentalt will inevitably sink them. You seriously can not have a life in this game. Soon, all the light and medium gold players will stop spending and play for free. My faction had one of our best players retire this week because it's just too time consuming to keep up. Another player and in game buddy left our faction after war because of time restraints and has missed out on all these stats. Poor guy. He was once pretty strong, and in less than a week he has been left in the dust. After a yeast of building up to stay ahead of the competition, all gone. It has gotten to be too much. If you are thinking of taking a break, might as well just quit.

keeskiller
09-28-2013, 10:16 AM
There are plenty of other free players in the same boat, so you will always find someone to beat up. If you bring up a list of 20 rivals, how many of those have weaker stats?

As a free player, you really need strategy to get anywhere in this game and there are players out there who are free players that are part of a top 100 faction. They are smart because they have worked out the best strategy when playing free yet they still contribute in meaningful ways during faction events. Having said that, if you missed out on the health regeneration units when the LTQ was launched, it will put you at a slight disadvantage in WD events, but this can be made up for in other ways.

The game is now geared towards factions and faction events, so finding a harmonious group of team players is now key to success in this game, even as a free player.

If you are expecting the free players to be able to compete with the gold players, then you clearly don't understand the mechanics of this game.

can i like this message? I am free player and allmost top 150 player. My members like me because i am super active, before the stat inflation i had 400-500k atk-def. now 700-800.. so that is not high anymore for my level. but i saw people with 2-3 million stats before.. so allmost everybody that had 200-300 went to 400-500 in 1 week.. and so on but the fact is, when you choose a 1 man army, you're screwed these days.

That's what i wanted to sya. Cheerio

Exxtraterrestrial
09-28-2013, 10:36 AM
It's very sad that what was once a casual, social game has became so corrupted in the name of a few extra bucks. Gree has obviously gotten too big for their britches, and this mentalt will inevitably sink them. You seriously can not have a life in this game. Soon, all the light and medium gold players will stop spending and play for free. My faction had one of our best players retire this week because it's just too time consuming to keep up. Another player and in game buddy left our faction after war because of time restraints and has missed out on all these stats. Poor guy. He was once pretty strong, and in less than a week he has been left in the dust. After a yeast of building up to stay ahead of the competition, all gone. It has gotten to be too much. If you are thinking of taking a break, might as well just quit.

This game is way too fast-paced. If you want to go out of a faction for as little as a week has now become deadly. generalpain you are 100% right. It is extremely depressing to see how this once nice, casual, social game has become a huge disappoint.

Let's admit it. We spent more money back then than we will ever spend now. Now, there's three options: spend huge gold, be free, or quit. I spent at least $50 a month to get ahead of the game in the good old days, now, all that is ruined. Gree has made so many live events that we can't even skip a second of being on the game. Gree, this is totally bulls**t. Mark my words. In 2 months, we have to practically LIVE in the game to make any progress.

This game is beyond help.:mad:

DocLo
09-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Well, yeah, it's obvious that there's no real reason to spend gold anymore... and can anyone catch the lead faction(s) anyhow? Games already over....

The only fun part is working in a group with your team mates. There's really no way to move up anymore.

CFGauss
09-28-2013, 02:10 PM
They didn't just make trash out of the units non-spenders built up. They turned all the units people spent a fortune on last month into meaningless trash. Why would someone spend more money this month, knowing everything you spend it on will be useless next month?

Exxtraterrestrial
09-29-2013, 06:11 AM
They didn't just make trash out of the units non-spenders built up. They turned all the units people spent a fortune on last month into meaningless trash. Why would someone spend more money this month, knowing everything you spend it on will be useless next month?

I feel your pain. I spent 100 dollars just to get some units that will just quickly become crap.

Tito89
09-29-2013, 07:09 AM
I feel your pain. I spent 100 dollars just to get some units that will just quickly become crap.

as the events are now i can live with that, but if they continue to get stronger then theres only gunna be people quitting faster than gree can count to 2.5 million in a weekend. to dumb it down, LOSS OF PROFIT...

Dutchie
09-29-2013, 07:09 AM

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but when was the last time you went to the cinema or did some other entertainment activity that cost $100. How much time and satisfaction did you get from the $100 you spent on this other form of entertainment and how much time and satisfaction did you get from playing this game? You just need to put it into perspective.

However, there are other games where you get much more value for your money. Next time, choose your game wisely before you part with your money and my advice is to avoid all freemium type games :)

TBC Ghost
09-29-2013, 10:27 AM
I keep reading llp will suffer from this. No way! They will be the power houses as they level if they do it right. I know plenty of llp 6-10x their level just from events no gold. If GREE decides to cut stats llp will have the best thing going. I use to camp except wars but now my faction focuses 100% on FLTQ. I am stronger than 90%+ of my level and anyone not doing it is just missing the best units GREE ever got. I can't wait to find some campers with some $$ waiting ;) Ive been playing this games since they came out and I agree it use to be more competitive and every unit counted (like LE units!!) Now the units are so strong you can't compet if you don't get them even going to war and getting top 50 even better isn't as good as these events! War is old now and new school has arrived...Nithing we can do but play along or quit. Your choice no1 else's and remember everyone has their own opinion.