PDA

View Full Version : Declaring War" Officers Only"

carl9764
09-27-2013, 02:51 AM
Hi

I know this subject has already came up but I would like to know if Gree will do something about it this time, we had two guys declaring war again in the last battle which caused us problems throughout the Battle, surely it would be better if only Officers could declare war and not some trigger happy clown, also we could not kick them out this time before they got the rewards????????

warrends
09-27-2013, 08:16 AM
There are positives and negatives to this. Some factions have very few officers by intent: Keep the leadership team close. Others have many, or even all, members as officers.

For those that have very few, if none are on then you cannot declare. Yes you have to organize a schedule first. Or should.

It does get irritating when some random putz declares, and moreso when they do it over and over again. So you kick them as soon as you possibly can.

As for kicking members during war weekends. I do disagree with that. The leader may rage kick someone just before the war ends, just for the helluvit, and therefore they wouldn't get the war loot even if they were the top scorer for their faction. I strongly recommend NOT accepting members just before a war begins. Do so weeks ahead of time to allow you to vet them. A few bad apples will slip through. But in 2-3 weeks you can almost always see what kind of player someone is, and if they are good for your faction or not.

Just my thoughts.

carl9764
09-30-2013, 03:09 AM
Cheers warrends good point but we always get one lose cannon mate

Auspex
09-30-2013, 03:31 AM
carl9764 I couldn't agree with you more. Simple put this should have been done long ago. There is no reason at all that Gree shouldn't have added an officer's only option as every faction can appoint as many officers as they like.

Factions that don't like everyone being an officer could even just appoint officers during the war since they would have no power to kick anyone til it ended.

This option simply puts the control in the faction leaders hands, instead of being loose cannons you could just turn them off. Just like a sort button for inventory or allies, how can you not have these kind of controls?

Badass action man
09-30-2013, 03:36 AM
different levels of officers may work, or an option the leader/officers can have the power to grant the ability to declare war to members. something needs to b done to limit the damage trolls can do to factions i agree

CCKallDAY
09-30-2013, 03:40 AM
different levels of officers may work, or an option the leader/officers can have the power to grant the ability to declare war to members. something needs to b done to limit the damage trolls can do to factions i agreeagreed 100%.
+1

heal
09-30-2013, 03:55 AM
I'd rather it stays how it is. I have been on the receiving end of someone declaring at the wrong time on several occasions. Once was even an officer who simply made a mistake which cost us a WD prize. It happens and that's all the more reason to check out prospective members before they join. Tell them your expectations and unless your sure about them, don't accept new members close to WD.

Drakhoan
09-30-2013, 03:55 AM
Doubt it will happen, but it would be appreciated to limit the declaring option in some form. Biggest problem is new members that refuse to communicate and do their own thing. Factions need to grow, but should not be penialized for doing so.

carl9764
09-30-2013, 04:49 AM
Cheers Auspex it has happened to us quite a lot mate we even tell the player don't declare until we are ready but no they declare straight after the last war ended costs us all the time.

DFI
09-30-2013, 04:59 AM
And at other times, you may want to continuously battle, so appreciate that someone is watching the clock. Can go both ways.

carl9764
09-30-2013, 05:02 AM
Yes very true DFI but when we say to them don't declare until others ready you would think they would listen but don't mate.

ffp
09-30-2013, 05:22 AM
Not sure why people like pressing the declare war button, I am known in my faction to be 'unlucky'. We are a top250 faction and every time I hit declare, we get matched to top50/75! Not fun.

All that aside, people that doesn't follow orders perplexes me, the better the faction do, the better the units they get. Well, that's how I think.

carl9764
09-30-2013, 05:47 AM
That's a funny thing FFP we are just outside the top 500 and the same happens to me I declare and we get a strong team lol

Wai
09-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Cheers Auspex it has happened to us quite a lot mate we even tell the player don't declare until we are ready but no they declare straight after the last war ended costs us all the time.

Make him the DL between battles assuming he is not all indestructible. And let him know he has been promoted and thanks for taking the unit loss pressure off of the current DL because its crippling him. Swap it back just before the button is pushed at the right time.

Write it on his wall not in that faction chat. Not nasty, but a real thank you brother.

You will be surprised how quickly they comply.

13 BRAVO
09-30-2013, 07:38 AM
I say we need to be able to boot them, or at least deactivate them during wars if they are harming the faction. I dont even care if they still get the faction rewards just don't let them harm the faction. This could be done several ways either allow the Leader to boot them, no harm if they still get the rewards. Or make it if you want to boot someone three other officers have to approve the booting, again no harm to the player if they still get the faction rewards.

carl9764
09-30-2013, 07:53 AM
Wai yes mate agree but I am the DL lol that's why it gets me mad and start shouting but falls on deaf ears lol

HGF69
09-30-2013, 08:32 AM
Doesn't Kingdom Age have this feature already where only officers can declare do shouldn't be difficult to transfer to MW!

We have suffered before and I hate people who declare.

Which reminds me, did anyone recruit someone called Talal recently?

carl9764
09-30-2013, 08:44 AM
@HGF69 not us mate but thanks for the heads up mate

Agent Orange
09-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Seems like a no brainer to impliment this feature. This has been an ongoing complaint since the very first WD event.

Vegaman
09-30-2013, 09:56 AM
Seems like a no brainer to impliment this feature. This has been an ongoing complaint since the very first WD event.

++1..... Totally Agree, officers only to declare, and if the faction leader/officers are too stupid to communicate and organise who declares war, then bigger fools them.

Tardavic
09-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Hey guys,

We want you to know that your feedback is taken very seriously and will be passed over to our engineers for further consideration.

Please feel free to keep this discussion going, as we would like to receive more of your feedback!

candyson
09-30-2013, 02:34 PM
I don't care, because we have never had this issue, even though we're a top 1500 faction. You just gotta recruit right, and get everyone on the same page. Those who don't want to follow strategy will be apparent before battle starts.

carl9764
10-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Cheers Tardavic hope you guys can sort something out we have had this problem every war thanks

Hawkwind
10-01-2013, 08:51 AM
I don't care, because we have never had this issue, even though we're a top 1500 faction. You just gotta recruit right, and get everyone on the same page. Those who don't want to follow strategy will be apparent before battle starts.

If you don't care, why are you posting to this thread? You have been lucky cause it not a matter of "just" recruiting right. And no not all things will be apparent before battle starts. We had a person go rogue on us declaring 3 times last war after being the perfect soldier for 2 wars then they just got board or what ever and never said anything. So it happens. Just look at all the requests for change to cover this aspect of the game. Some might be from recruiting some can not be discovered during or even after recruiting or before the war lock out starts, then it's too late. BTW, a few wars back a long time player did it but it wasn't them cause they had their young kid get a hold of their phone and ended up declaring. In this case they were not an officer and a better control in place would have prevented their kid from declaring, but if my 5-year old got my phone it's all over cause I'm the leader and the game even with a better control would have allowed the declare. So it can happen but most of the folks wanting better controls over declaring war want to cover the types of cases where it happens the most. But we understand that a reasonable control even with a confirmation when it is allowed (as it is now) can still be accidentally declared like the kid scenario, or a long time trusted officer with declare privileges can go rogue. It happens in RL too.

Hawkwind
10-01-2013, 09:08 AM
This is what I posted in the "Possible Changes: We'd Like To Hear From You!" thread, but I understand the importance of this request for enhancement and why it's a new thread so: (with a few typos corrected)
---------------

The guy that declares war that's not suppose to and keeps doing it even after being told not to, is a big issue. So Gree could program it so only officers declare and that would most likely solve that issue except for more rare issues (an officer gets disgruntled mid-war) or accidents yes even with the are your sure button. This has been on the suggestion list for a long time. I've read a few variations of this like being able to assign roles, but lets start with the basics. Create privileges and give officers the ability to declare war and remove that privileges for non-officers. (leader is an officer)

This is especially urgent now that wins and more importantly, wins-in-a-row, have become critical not just points!!! Declare at the wrong time and poof - there goes your 6+ winning streak! That's not fair to the rest of the faction and is far from being a fun game when it happens.