PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Update

hawkeye_9
09-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Is there an update for the Kindle version in our future? Still can not see donation logs, syndicate goals or donate illegal automatics...I know we should be reading books or something more productive on our reading devices...but there are a few of us kindle users here who would like the update.

Thanks if a mod can offer either a ballpark estimate (ie, 2 months) or just let us know if one will not be released for kindle users...

Thanks!

Deadwater
09-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Kindle? Never heard of it

Jayo-XK1
09-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Took us forever to get the last update, will prob take jus a lil longer for this 1

pervbear
09-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Root that bad boy and use the play store.

hawkeye_9
09-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Took us forever to get the last update, will prob take jus a lil longer for this 1

The cynical part of me says, yeah at least 6-8 months...but I want to be optimistic and hope for something much sooner.
A&F or CJ or other Mod, can you give us a rough time frame, please?

hawkeye_9
09-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Root that bad boy and use the play store.

You mean side load?

B33tl3Juice
09-26-2013, 12:24 PM
With the way Amazon's app store works I'm guessing another couple months. They don't like to put updates on their store that are utter garbage.

pervbear
09-26-2013, 12:27 PM
With the way Amazon's app store works I'm guessing another couple months. They don't like to put updates on their store that are utter garbage.

So never. And if you side loaded the app you would have to find someone to dump the apk each time... So no.

Jayo-XK1
09-26-2013, 12:44 PM
I use my kindle account to build iph for my syn bonuses, and it can also participate in the syn events just doesnt show up on the kindle, points still count towards syn goals

hawkeye_9
09-26-2013, 12:50 PM
I use my kindle account to build iph for my syn bonuses, and it can also participate in the syn events just doesnt show up on the kindle, points still count towards syn goals

Yes, and I think you were the one who notified me that I could participate in LTQs even if they didn't show up in my goals list. I have participated in the latest SLTQ events, but have been dependent on others in my syndicate to inform me how many points I've earned, our current progress...etc. Which is all very tedious. It would be really nice for all us kindle users not to have to participate this way...which is quite akin to paper and pencil

GT Yellowjackets
09-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Anyone who has a Kindle should continue reading books or online articles explainaing why they're pish!

People with Kindles make the dumb rich folks with Apple products seem less dumb.

hawkeye_9
09-26-2013, 01:59 PM
People with Kindles make the dumb rich folks with Apple products seem less dumb.

I know that game apps are a secondary purpose of the Kindle...but I play a game on it. So what?

the_dude
09-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Do not use the kindle store. Download 1mobile market from its website and use that for all your app downloads/upgrades. It is as up to date as the playstore.

Ben Raines
09-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Do not use the kindle store. Download 1mobile market from its website and use that for all your app downloads/upgrades. It is as up to date as the playstore.

Exactly what I did. Works perfect and I get the updates at same time my android device gets them.

hawkeye_9
09-27-2013, 04:56 AM

Thank you for this. I will try and post results later today.

Jayo-XK1
09-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Let me kno, may have to check it out

warrends
09-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Is there an update for the Kindle version in our future? Still can not see donation logs, syndicate goals or donate illegal automatics...I know we should be reading books or something more productive on our reading devices...but there are a few of us kindle users here who would like the update.

Thanks if a mod can offer either a ballpark estimate (ie, 2 months) or just let us know if one will not be released for kindle users...

Thanks!

Hawk, now I understand why you are constantly asking us who is doing what and when and why. But we still love ya' buddy, even if you chose to play a game on a book.

hawkeye_9
09-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Fellow KindleFire users...I have found the solution to our problem! Just as the_dude and Ben Raines explain above, in order to get the most recent versions of CC...and other apps that are unavailable to us in the Amazon App store...we must employ a workaround. Here it is, somewhat explained: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg5sfTMTUek

I tried this and this does work! However, once you update...(which will uninstall and then install the newest version)...you will need to let it update once more. I was at first alarmed when I did this because my hood did not load and my stats and IPH were wonky. However, once it cycled to the next update, everything loaded properly (though back to the smaller, zoomed out view).

It worked! And now I can download fun stuff that's not available in the Amazon app store like the newest version of groupme...I'm happy so far.

hawkeye_9
09-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Hawk, now I understand why you are constantly asking us who is doing what and when and why. But we still love ya' buddy, even if you chose to play a game on a book.

Thanks for your patience! I'm finally on equal footing with my syndicate mates!

the_dude
09-27-2013, 11:11 AM
You're welcome ;)