PDA

View Full Version : Events VS War

MWWM J
09-26-2013, 01:42 AM
Is it even worth spending gold in wars anymore due to the stat increases? You get so much more by doing the events then placing well in wars. I mean yeah you gets mods in wars and a rank you can brag about but is it worth giving greed more money? The stats on current war items are chit compared to event prizes. You don't even get 1k prize unless you place top 1000 or better. Where's the stat increases for that? Please give me feedback. I would like to know others perspectives on this topic. Thx.

Vito Corleone
09-26-2013, 01:46 AM
Is it even worth spending gold in wars anymore due to the stat increases? You get so much more by doing the events then placing well in wars. I mean yeah you gets mods in wars and a rank you can brag about but is it worth giving greed more money? The stats on current war items are chit compared to event prizes. You don't even get 1k prize unless you place top 1000 or better. Where's the stat increases for that? Please give me feedback. I would like to know others perspectives on this topic. Thx.Rest assure...the syndicate war prizes will be raised in stats. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense. Besides these weapons aren't worth anything in one years time...but the mods are.

BigMoney
09-26-2013, 01:49 AM
Depends on the sort of spender you are, but the answer is that if you're concerned with your stats, the current events are the only way to go. Certain wars might have worthwhile modifiers-- e.g the previous war's Top 3 modifier, 10% mafia attack, is a monstrous modifier. IIRC, the upcoming war has prizes like increased building output and increased rob payouts, which probably are not very common.

Rest assure...the syndicate war prizes will be raised in stats. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense. Besides these weapons aren't worth anything in one years time...but the mods are.

I am willing to bet the large stat items appear in the form of wins and win streak prizes. +30% car attack and +30% car defense on the final prizes (with 60k+ stats) supposedly.

Vito Corleone
09-26-2013, 02:12 AM
I remember when the commons in the crates were raised from around 20 to 100...that felt like a big increase.

U01ija4
09-26-2013, 02:35 AM
It's the bonuses from the syndicate events that are more relevant. Interesting ones this time are 25% extra robbing for top 400 and extra 15% from buildings for top 50. That's what I'll be fighting for.

intecorp
09-26-2013, 02:40 AM
mods and stats increase are nice to have. But is it really worth spending hundreds at every event just to stay in the game.

sister morphine
09-26-2013, 03:42 AM
But is it really worth spending hundreds at every event just to stay in the game.
That depends on how important it is to you. Kill your stat-race ego. There's still plenty of fun to be had whilst ignoring the money pit-traps Gree places in your path.

ablankone
09-26-2013, 04:45 AM
You're right J and this is what I'm sure even the single celled structures amongst us (myself included) have worked out.

That said I'm sure GREE's new Syn stacker roll-out a-la MW will help address this balance.

But even if they do - the final result will be yet more exhaustion for players...

GREE really are doing a splendid job in making the decision to quit even easier.

Keep up the great work GREE!

Is it even worth spending gold in wars anymore due to the stat increases? You get so much more by doing the events then placing well in wars. I mean yeah you gets mods in wars and a rank you can brag about but is it worth giving greed more money? The stats on current war items are chit compared to event prizes. You don't even get 1k prize unless you place top 1000 or better. Where's the stat increases for that? Please give me feedback. I would like to know others perspectives on this topic. Thx.

N41LZ
09-26-2013, 06:50 AM
The wars are meant to be THE BIG event that wraps up the current event cycle.

Now they are a joke when measuring where gold should be spent so the OP has a very relevant point to make.

GREE - if you want people to continue spending to hold or improve their war ranks, you need to make the Top 1 to 50 prizes MUCH better.
As pointed out, those prizes, even with modifiers, are a joke when compared to what you can get now (eg. Klout and SLTQs).

As BM said, with the way things are going now, the top teams may want to reconsider where to invest their gold, as 60 members spending 1-5 vaults for the war no longer yield the same results as when those vaults are invested elsewhere in other events.