PDA

View Full Version : Technical Question:

Dipstik
09-25-2013, 10:35 AM
My ipad is suddenly having trouble connecting to my wifi network. The little timer circle keeps spinning forever, and it never joins. I know the network is up because my printer and laptop are both working... it's just my ipad. I've tried restarting it, turning the wifi off, forgetting and re-joining the network, and resetting my device to factory network settings.

Anyone know what could be causing this?

soO_wavVvy
09-25-2013, 10:37 AM
throw it out a 2nd story window. than get a droid

out of names
09-25-2013, 10:38 AM
I have no idea!

First :)

Dipstik
09-25-2013, 10:41 AM
I have no idea!

First :)

How can you live with the fail?

B33tl3Juice
09-25-2013, 10:44 AM
It's an Ipad there's your problem. Should have bought a droid.

GT Yellowjackets
09-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Your network has an insufficient number of henchmen

soO_wavVvy
09-25-2013, 10:46 AM
that was quick b33tl3

Dipstik
09-25-2013, 10:52 AM
You can tell how frustrating this is by the fact that I willingly opened myself up to all of this :)

TigrisCauda
09-25-2013, 11:06 AM
That happens to me once in a while. I have a first gen iPad though, not sure about you Dippy. What I do is forget the network, hotspot my phone and join that network for a few hours or a full day (with no connectivity issues). Then I'll rejoin my home network and it seems to be ok after that.

Have no idea if it will work for you, but I hope you figure it out :)

KingOW
09-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Disconnect all cables from your wifi source for a few minutes and reconnect them. That can solve the problem if you're lucky.

Antheus
09-25-2013, 11:17 AM
My ipad is suddenly having trouble connecting to my wifi network. The little timer circle keeps spinning forever, and it never joins. I know the network is up because my printer and laptop are both working... it's just my ipad. I've tried restarting it, turning the wifi off, forgetting and re-joining the network, and resetting my device to factory network settings.

.... common knowledge....2 young ponies must be your offering in a basic sacrificial ritual.....[ no smug ]

Grant B
09-25-2013, 11:30 AM
throw it out a 2nd story window. than get a droid

It's an Ipad there's your problem. Should have bought a droid.

Ding ding ding we have our winners

The henchmen thing was good tho, made me laugh

Rebels
09-25-2013, 11:42 AM
People that hate iPads are just jealous!

I have never had any issues on wifi but have had the odd issue with hotspot connections. Best thing to do is try another connection source

Grant B
09-25-2013, 11:51 AM

Not jealous...just informed about what products are better

Drew's Crew
09-25-2013, 12:00 PM

I have never had any issues on wifi but have had the odd issue with hotspot connections. Best thing to do is try another connection source

Anytime I've had trouble I've rebooted my router.

warrends
09-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Interestingly, there is a forum area called "Technical (All Platforms)". Perhaps you should pose your question there and wait for an answer from the company. You'll notice I've started a diary in there. I'm on top right now. If you ruin my topness I'll simply be back on top tomorrow as I update my diary.

And yes, I said 'topness'.

Im Jahova
09-25-2013, 12:46 PM

There is a thing called "google" that you can use. I mean when I type a question in the search bar and search it, I find the answer right away. Just thought I would tell you, didn't know if you were aware of it or not.

Dipstik
09-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Did you find an answer? Because if you had bothered to google it, you'd recognize that all of the suggested fixes are listed in my original post.

Dipstik
09-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Problem solved. Dunno why... it just started working.

Rebels
09-25-2013, 01:12 PM

Pony magic!

Butt Futter
09-25-2013, 01:14 PM

Did you try penecillian?

Wimpy
09-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Dipstik, there's a glitch affecting 3g and some wifi in CC somewhere. I've had to erase my network settings several times over the last week...that sorts it straight away. I use an ipad2.

Ben Weston
09-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Not jealous...just informed about what products are better

that's a very subjective thing though which I find a lot of mindless android drones forget about.

regardless of spec the best product is what fits you best.

Im Jahova
09-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Did you find an answer? Because if you had bothered to google it, you'd recognize that all of the suggested fixes are listed in my original post.

I just did and it seems like you didn't bother to open up one page on google because I found many solutions and causes that you did not list. I know it's already fixed but maybe next time you should look deeper into your problem.

Dipstik
09-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Yep... sure.

reesebutton
09-25-2013, 05:22 PM

I saw your thread, broke into your room and rebooted the router.

When that didn't work, I did a quick ritual sacrifice. You may be missing your pet turtle.

Somehow that seemed to solve everything. Forum magic.

the_dude
09-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Wow why does this thread only have 1 star? Must be Tzora back from the grave to extract some revenge.

Drew's Crew
09-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Pony magic!

You stole my reply!!!! 😡😡😡😡

CitrineMondeoRSi
09-25-2013, 11:48 PM

Your network has an insufficient number of henchmen

GT Yellowjackets wins post of the year IMHO. No contest.

potvin
09-26-2013, 03:17 AM
iPad, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
Yea, no doubt, if you ever have computer fails just hit up a Crime City forum for technical support

CCKallDAY
09-27-2013, 04:49 PM
I have no idea!

First :)Ahem.
Second, you mean