PDA

View Full Version : Gold depreciating value

Hooligany
09-25-2013, 12:59 AM
Does this sound like what is happening to you?

You have spent a thousand dollars a month in the past 2 years to build up your stats.
With 4-5million stats, you are one of the beast ard at level 250 and you feel proud of it.
You enjoyed WD event once a month and with some other events along the way.
It is competitive and you made some good friends.

You went away for 1 month and missed several events and 2 WD. You realised that it is now average to have 4-5mil stats in your level.. And they are other lower levels that can even beat you as well..
The virtual units in your inventory which are monster has suddenly become useless.

Why did this happen?
Too many events missed in over only a short period of time.
Units given out provided more stats and better boost. The diminishing value of what gold bought you in the past is all useless. Even LE units bought and with "rare" are worse than a "common" now.
The units just keep getting better and better. You are required to be more participative than ever to be part of the intense rat race.
With more events and more gold required, the gold actually gets more expensive as they depreciate in value.

There seems to be actually less players playing the wonderful game as many cannot take the time required to be put in, not just $. It is more hectic than your job as you dont have any leave of off. Once you slow down, you are replaced. Many new low LLP are owned the same account holder 2nd/3rd acoount.

This has what the game has become??

Your views on Gree's strategy?
Do you agree that the game is more enjoyable this way?

*Do not flame me.. Just wanting to find other how others feel.

*BaJo*
09-25-2013, 01:24 AM
your absolutely right. We had a guy that went away for a month. He was our monster. Now he is somewhere in the middle. He spend 100's of dollars, all useless now.

Thanks Gree

Tournai
09-25-2013, 01:44 AM
thats why they are called GREEdy.

I do agree! waste of money, for useless Units!

Happy Free player here! and because I play for ( almost free ) it is still fun :D

ash.dew
09-25-2013, 02:12 AM
Agreed brother! But this is how a company will do business, if you're thinking it from your goodness point of you it ain't gonna work. GREE is here to make money like every other company, it's your choice if you like to keep on investing endlessely or you can become a free player and enjoy the game.

Tito89
09-25-2013, 03:21 AM
Games evolve, money needs to come faster for game companies, i do agree however, im going on holiday for a week soon, expecting to miss hopefully the crate event and maybe the boss.

Dutchie
09-25-2013, 03:43 AM
If you do decide to take a break, you might as well retire.

andymac106
09-25-2013, 05:01 AM
I took a 6 month break and then came back and I'm level 143 with 550k/750k. And my stats are average. I looked back at some old gold units, and some of my best ones were about 200 attack and defense and those were worth a couple hundred gold. Now with that much gold, you can do a chest event and get a 14000 attack and defense unit. Such a difference time makes

mistergreen
09-25-2013, 05:03 AM
thats why they are called GREEdy.

I do agree! waste of money, for useless Units!

Happy Free player here! and because I play for ( almost free ) it is still fun :D

Yep, all of us free players are happy right now. Sorry, but I can't sympathize with someone who spends thousands of dollars on a video game.

mkdubbn
09-25-2013, 06:52 AM
Shhh,the Gestapo is watching,you'll get banned.

mkdubbn
09-25-2013, 06:58 AM
Yep, all of us free players are happy right now. Sorry, but I can't sympathize with someone who spends thousands of dollars on a video game.
Yes,yes,kill kill For the big guy look out because the mob of newly found power will give confidense in new strong player to decide.
I will pay 5 dollars to flush this goal or atack a designated leader for a early start on points.
It will give lower level people confidense to spend a little here and a little there.
The same big guy should get the same items? If so it is fair to us little fellers a chance.
I'm level 56 (a little mad be cause recent boss and faction goals gave me levels when I did not plan a level up).
And I have attack 114 with 125 defense and 129 allies.I'm either going to score good or get good defense points.

BlackArrow
09-25-2013, 06:58 AM
If you do decide to take a break, you might as well retire.

that's about right dutchie....

mkdubbn
09-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Don't get my wrong my whole faction woke up and working like a swiss watch.

Hooligany
09-25-2013, 08:59 AM
that's about right dutchie....

For those with a competitive nature, its tough to make that choice. lol

acesneights
09-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Looks like the new 100K unit will cost about 1 million energy or 20,000 Gold or 13 vaults or $1300 US or about ONE OUNCE of REAL PHYSICAL GOLD.

Web323
09-25-2013, 12:03 PM
I have met one player so far that has it. So much for raiding his base anymore

Thief
09-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Looks like the new 100K unit will cost about 1 million energy or 20,000 Gold or 13 vaults or $1300 US or about ONE OUNCE of REAL PHYSICAL GOLD.

Your estimation is WAAAY off.

acesneights
09-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Your estimation is WAAAY off.

How far and where is it off?

172 missions at 6k average per mission is 1 million energy.

Last Prestige missions are in the 30K range.

MagnusDux
09-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Yah, Hooligan, very true - now they [greed] is raping us, eh?...

Allday
09-25-2013, 02:32 PM
It's takes about 6k gold to finish the individual LTQ (Doing it very fast). Then whatever else you spend on the faction LTQ.

Blade of 3
09-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Spending money on this game is pretty much pointless. In a month a free player will easily pass you with units they hand out practically better then the units that cost money to get the previous month. The only way to enjoy this game is to be free or to spend all your money on it weekly. Especially with all the events going on.

andymac106
09-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Spending money on this game is pretty much pointless. In a month a free player will easily pass you with units they hand out practically better then the units that cost money to get the previous month. The only way to enjoy this game is to be free or to spend all your money on it weekly. Especially with all the events going on.

It's gonna be a looooooong time before an all free player gets a 100k unit my friend. Gold users will always have the upper hand, as long as they are smart how they spend the gold

Thief
09-25-2013, 02:58 PM
How far and where is it off?

172 missions at 6k average per mission is 1 million energy.

Last Prestige missions are in the 30K range.

Who told you it was 172 missions at 6k average per mission?

Looks to be about 4 Vaults if you don't include any regen time or level ups. 4 Vaults = $400 assuming you buy your gold full price and don't ever get any bonus gold. Realistically anyone completing this probably buys gold at 20% off and also gets the 1k bonus (15k gold)

Or 33.75 gold per $. Or $178 to complete.

If they buy gold at a better rate (40% off sale) Itunes cards on sale or buy gold in increments of 2k or more then its even less.

Dutchie
09-25-2013, 02:58 PM
How far and where is it off?172 missions at 6k average per mission is 1 million energy. Last Prestige missions are in the 30K range. Bizarre calculations! First off, half of the 172 missions are team based! But let's say your calculations are based on a one man faction, the average is much less than 6k!

Blade of 3
09-25-2013, 03:00 PM
It's gonna be a looooooong time before an all free player gets a 100k unit my friend. Gold users will always have the upper hand, as long as they are smart how they spend the gold

From a medium gold spender to a free players perspective the costs of the medium players gold becomes useless. Obviously if you're a heavy spender that gets the 100k and 50k units you are just assuring your lead to last longer. You can get accumulative units that will make up for that unit for free in a few weeks, or so depending. You're just buying time ahead of the game.

K4H
09-25-2013, 03:51 PM
A free player could possibly do better than a light/medium gold player if they are part of a faction that completes all of the faction LTQs and extra WD goals. However, that faction will more than likely have to use a good bit of gold to achieve those goals. I used to use what I considered a lot of gold ($500-$1000) a month but now I just buy a couple of vaults for war and occasional event. Wish I.had enough money to complete this latest LTQ but hopefully the next one will be even better :) Good luck everyone!

Drakhoan
09-25-2013, 06:15 PM
For those that would like to have a life, events will be missed. Being a free player, for me the problem is directly related to the constant barrage of events.

Hooligany
09-25-2013, 09:15 PM
For those that would like to have a life, events will be missed. Being a free player, for me the problem is directly related to the constant barrage of events.

Not entirely true... Its time management and commitment

DFI
09-25-2013, 10:09 PM

I hope you were trying to be funny, as the third option can also increase your fun, which is to dabble a little gold here and there. Given how iffy the game is, I just can't get myself to spend serious money on it. But I'm willing to spend my Starbucks money since it would have gone to some sort of consumption, both making me happier.

nkeywithdnb
09-26-2013, 12:16 AM
I finished solo LTQ before the revised FLTQ started (recieved the freedom 33 Unit). It cost me about 4 vaults. My faction is currently pushing the faction LTQ with minimal gold until end and we are Pretty close to being finished. All though level 39 & 40 prestige solo cost me about 47k to 48k energy alone. That is about 1000 gold for 2 levels. But lets be real, by far the largest gains for any event ever on Modern War. I am all in on that.

Raft
09-26-2013, 02:15 AM
It's a failed system because every event will have to trump the last event to pique the buyers interest

Hooligany
09-27-2013, 12:56 AM
I finished solo LTQ before the revised FLTQ started (recieved the freedom 33 Unit). It cost me about 4 vaults. My faction is currently pushing the faction LTQ with minimal gold until end and we are Pretty close to being finished. All though level 39 & 40 prestige solo cost me about 47k to 48k energy alone. That is about 1000 gold for 2 levels. But lets be real, by far the largest gains for any event ever on Modern War. I am all in on that.

It only have value now.. Unless Gree stop making each unit stronger than the other...

goldacre84
09-27-2013, 02:54 AM
It makes me laugh all you spenders moaning. The game moves on. Get over it. Lol. Like anything, you spend money on a car and the value changes, so what that's life.

Norseman
09-27-2013, 04:08 AM
Well GREE has failed to understand that boosts are permanent, so if one has SUPerior boosts, one can easily stop spending money for those soon to be unworthy LE sets. If they rather add boosts in a matter that helps players catch up, and keep unit stats fairly constant people would see that one could have more permanent effects from in the moment high stat units.

Now it is more like this: it will take you 5 grand a year to stay competitive. So no smart player would spend 1k in a month now only to see his account become worthless over the next 3 or three months. This would lead to less spending as people learn not more...

Tctiger
09-27-2013, 07:28 AM
It makes me laugh all you spenders moaning. The game moves on. Get over it. Lol. Like anything, you spend money on a car and the value changes, so what that's life.

yes but you don't expect to purchase a bottom of the range bmw for 15k and drive past the showroom the next week and see a bmw m3 for 5k , thats the problem here stat inflation is one thing but continual stat inflation is something different .