PDA

View Full Version : Skill Points

roshambo
08-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Can anyone tell me what the point of the attack/defence skill points are?
I'm level 16 now and have invested a lot of my level ups on defence, only to just realise it makes no difference to my attack/defence stats in my profile screen or mafia screen.
When I leveled up, my mafia A/D was 445/450 and I added a skill point to defence to see if anything changed and it didn't. It just seems to me now thats its not worth investing in attack/defence if it doesn't alter your stats in any way.

ID: 142 562 350

Nuddyfist
08-17-2011, 03:58 AM
Isnt it like a secret defence? It adds extra without rivals being able to see it.

Crime City Mark
08-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Isnt it like a secret defence? It adds extra without rivals being able to see it.

This. You can't see the total amount it gives you, and they can't see any of it at all.

roshambo
08-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Ok cool. Thanks for confirming!

Dreno33
05-09-2012, 07:31 PM
This. You can't see the total amount it gives you, and they can't see any of it at all.

Never saw this thread before. COOL! so apparently its not probability at all. Its an actual number it gives as CCM mentioned. Maybe adds a certain percentage?

Like for instance:
1) 10 Defense SP gives an extra 1% (hidden number)
2) and if you have 100 Def SP it adds an additional 10% to your total Defense.

Just a guess

What do you guys think?

white frog
05-09-2012, 07:47 PM
I think this has been discussed at least 10 times! There is a clear explanation of how it works! It's out there, if you wanna find it! I like exclamation points!!

CounterSniper
05-09-2012, 07:52 PM
I think this has been discussed at least 10 times! There is a clear explanation of how it works! It's out there, if you wanna find it! I like exclamation points!!

You do realize that this is a seriously necroed thread and question from August '11 so back then it hadnt been discussed ten times. :cool:

white frog
05-09-2012, 08:00 PM
You do realize that this is a seriously necroed thread and question from August '11 so back then it hadnt been discussed ten times. :cool:
No, I actually didn't realize that. I just saw the time stamp on the recent activity. I think I need to go to bed CS... I've had a really bad day and I'm starting to get pissy. Sorry if I was too hostile, to any one who might have been offended!

CounterSniper
05-09-2012, 08:01 PM
No, I actually didn't realize that. I just saw the time stamp on the recent activity. I think I need to go to bed CS... I've had a really bad day and I'm starting to get pissy. Sorry if I was too hostile, to any one who might have been offended!

It happens to us all, hope you feel better. :cool:

bSkeeter
05-09-2012, 09:07 PM
So the skill points add defense/attack, it just doesn't show up for rivals? It'd be great to know if it was a multiplier, like dreno mentioned, ex. 10 points = 1% increase, or if it was just something like 1 skill point = an increase in 1 of the total. IMO it wouldn't be worth adding skill points at all if it was only a point increase in the total that was hidden from rivals...

white frog
05-09-2012, 09:13 PM
So the skill points add defense/attack, it just doesn't show up for rivals? It'd be great to know if it was a multiplier, like dreno mentioned, ex. 10 points = 1% increase, or if it was just something like 1 skill point = an increase in 1 of the total. IMO it wouldn't be worth adding skill points at all if it was only a point increase in the total that was hidden from rivals...
Once again:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15058-Effect-of-Def-buildings-and-skill-points-against-rob-atk-by-Guru-Peacock-again..lol

I know the search engine on this forum really sucks, but all this information is in the "Best of the Best" sticky.

bSkeeter
05-09-2012, 09:16 PM
good man, clears that up

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 05:44 AM
how exactly did the author of that guide figure out about the SPs calculator????? unless CCM or another dev told him it seems suspicious for one to know EXACT numbers since CCM has clearly stated over and over that it is to remain as a mystery factor for us.

Just curious...

white frog
05-10-2012, 07:12 AM
how exactly did the author of that guide figure out about the SPs calculator????? unless CCM or another dev told him it seems suspicious for one to know EXACT numbers since CCM has clearly stated over and over that it is to remain as a mystery factor for us.

Just curious...
I could tell you, Dreno, but then I'd have to kill you...

No, but seriously, some things are better not said out loud.. if you get my drift!

JimmyShines
05-10-2012, 09:36 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?14912-Rough-guideline-on-skill-points-explanation-by-Guru-Peacock..lol&p=76062#post76062