PDA

View Full Version : The best app

Greazy Fingers
09-24-2013, 07:27 AM
What would be the best app to use to communicate on a syndicate?

Currently we use Groupme (after working with Kik and Kakao). Its working fine but also has it's flaws.

I've seen Palringo and Wechat as well but I was wondering what (other) app would be best to use.

My wishlist:

Compatible with tablets and phones
Easy (userfriendly) sign up
Able to host a larger amount of people
Option to boot people unconditionally
Notification on new messages
Picture sharing

I haven't seen an app that has it all...

Shadypal
09-24-2013, 04:44 PM
I posted this in the other off topic but LINE has all of those. The biggest chat room I have been in has about 95 members and believe it maxes at 100 members. The app is also free and is compatible across all platforms including PC along with tablets and phones.

I also like the fact that you can keep notifications on and mute certain chat rooms. I am a leader of a top 80 group for a different game so i keep most chat rooms muted but all PMs and important chat rooms send me instant notifications.

Good Luck

CCKallDAY
09-24-2013, 06:18 PM
I posted this in the other off topic but LINE has all of those. The biggest chat room I have been in has about 95 members and believe it maxes at 100 members. The app is also free and is compatible across all platforms including PC along with tablets and phones.

I also like the fact that you can keep notifications on and mute certain chat rooms. I am a leader of a top 80 group for a different game so i keep most chat rooms muted but all PMs and important chat rooms send me instant notifications.

Good LuckLine sucks, palringo & GroupMe are the best. Palringo meets all of the requirements you posted. All you have to do to make an account is to write in any email (can be fake) and make a password, you can make the easiest account here.

Travers
09-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Groupme. All top syndicates use it

Greazy Fingers
10-08-2013, 04:40 AM

Good Luck

I wanted to test Line, but I aborted the test as I saw you could only use it in 'portrait'. The app doesnt rotate when you rotate your device. I did look in the options but didnt find it.

Thank you all for commenting, but for now we stick with Groupme.

chicknfaulker-trish
10-08-2013, 05:38 AM
Is there a way to use Groupme without having a cell #. I do not hav e a cell and I use my hoeme wi-fi network to cnnect my Android tablet. Anyone who's more adept at using groupme, that might be able to help me with this, it woudl be greatly appreciated

FlyMeMoon
10-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Currently use Groupme. MessageMe isnt bad but not as good.

Deelitefullyme
10-08-2013, 01:08 PM
We use Kakao.

Greazy Fingers
10-09-2013, 04:35 AM
Is there a way to use Groupme without having a cell #. I do not hav e a cell and I use my hoeme wi-fi network to cnnect my Android tablet. Anyone who's more adept at using groupme, that might be able to help me with this, it woudl be greatly appreciated
You only need a cell# to signup and receive a confirmation code. So if you dont have a cell of your own, ask a relative or a friend.

I also use it on a tablet/wifi and it works fine. So during normal usage, you will not need the cell anymore.

Yanis
10-09-2013, 08:46 AM
We use Google hangouts, but it has lag

Yanis
10-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Line and Groupme are the best i think

Psychotic.
10-10-2013, 08:39 AM
i think groupme is the best...

Marabeth
10-10-2013, 07:34 PM
i think groupme is the best...

Really, why is that?

GoldyGlocks
10-15-2013, 08:59 PM
I've used line , Kakeo and Pal. Of the three I prefer Palringo. I have not tried group me

Fievel
10-17-2013, 11:33 AM
I've used GroupMe, Kakao, Palringo, Touch, Line, and WhatsApp... GroupMe and Line are head and shoulders above the rest (especially since the recent GroupMe update).

vagrantmouse
12-20-2013, 08:54 AM
We use groupme but not a big fan better then most I guess

bravo 6 vk
12-23-2013, 06:32 AM
LINE for me