PDA

View Full Version : Sirius or TheOracle - please help - support ticket to transfer game ignored

BoilerPaulie
09-24-2013, 06:11 AM
I upgraded my phone last Friday and followed all of the instructions to transfer my account, and all of my apps transferred everything perfectly except Modern War and one other game. The developers for the other game have already fixed my problem, but Gree has not, and it's been 4 days now since I sent in my request. I received an email back within hours that had nothing more than the text that's already in the FAQ, yet I had already stated in my original email that I had already followed those instructions. I sent in a copy of a recent iTunes receipt for gold purchase, and still no answer.

I am stuck using two phones right now and can't sell my old one until I get all my apps transferred over. Modern War is the only thing left. I was also stuck with wifi-only access to Modern War over the weekend because of this issue since my new phone has already been activated, which was problematic for the WD event. I provided more than enough information to get the game transferred, but support has completely ignored me. I understand you get a lot of support tickets, but this is ridiculous. If I could receive a boilerplate response within hours, there's absolutely no reason I should be left in the dark for 4 days after that. Please help.

SGT Rud
09-24-2013, 06:24 AM
Guy in my faction has the same issue right now. Has sent 4 tickets in, all closed, with response as use itunes.

MojoJojo
09-24-2013, 06:33 AM
I am in sup1 and I'm having the same problem. My phone broke during war and I had to get a new one. I've sent tickets in and they are getting closed. My stats are like 5.5mil now and I'm just getting the cold shoulder. Gree. Fix this now!!!

MojoJojo
09-24-2013, 08:05 AM
Bump for the guys in waiting.

junkkicker
09-24-2013, 09:08 AM
Same thing. I sent ticket in stating the icloud restore didn't work, reply telling me to use the icloud restore... still waiting...

Dutchie
09-24-2013, 09:18 AM
I replaced my iPhone 5 today :/ - I backed up this morning via iTunes and I hope the restore works when I get back home tonight. Did anyone try a restore in DFU mode?

Dutchie
09-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Same thing. I sent ticket in stating the icloud restore didn't work, reply telling me to use the icloud restore... still waiting...How can 1 support person say use iTunes and the other iCloud? Both should work, but I believe iTunes is more robust.

BoilerPaulie
09-24-2013, 09:23 AM
How can 1 support person say use iTunes and the other iCloud? Both should work, but I believe iTunes is more robust.

Yes, iTunes is more robust. You have the option to do an encrypted backup with iTunes as well, which is what Twitter recommends if you use your iPhone for login verification. I hadn't read that until after I set up my new phone though, so I had just disabled verification on the old phone and enabled on the new one, not knowing that it would have been preserved if I had done an encrypted backup. I wonder if the MW issues would be taken care of with an encrypted backup, but it is far too late for me to do that now. I've got 4 days of using the new one so there is no turning back. The only way my MW account is getting moved over is if Gree quits playing dumb and makes the switch happen.

Dutchie
09-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Yes, iTunes is more robust. You have the option to do an encrypted backup with iTunes as well, which is what Twitter recommends if you use your iPhone for login verification. I hadn't read that until after I set up my new phone though, so I had just disabled verification on the old phone and enabled on the new one, not knowing that it would have been preserved if I had done an encrypted backup. I wonder if the MW issues would be taken care of with an encrypted backup, but it is far too late for me to do that now. I've got 4 days of using the new one so there is no turning back. The only way my MW account is getting moved over is if Gree quits playing dumb and makes the switch happen.I did an unencrypted backup... Here's hoping! I will let you know if it worked or not and whether I have to create a support ticket too. I have followed the instructions to the letter, so if I, a computer expert having worked in the industry for over 20 years, can't get it working...

BoilerPaulie
09-24-2013, 09:49 AM
I did an unencrypted backup... Here's hoping! I will let you know if it worked or not and whether I have to create a support ticket too. I have followed the instructions to the letter, so if I, a computer expert having worked in the industry for over 20 years, can't get it working...

Good luck. I followed the instructions to the letter as well so don't be surprised if it doesn't work, but maybe they have found a way to fix it between Friday and now (not likely). All the same, I hope it works for you. Will look forward to an update since Gree has been tight-lipped.

Try an encrypted backup if it doesn't work and you have the time to re-attempt, I guess.

Dutchie
09-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Oh and where is the sticky post in the announcement section that has steps to transfer the game to another device?

BoilerPaulie
09-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Oh and where is the sticky post in the announcement section that has steps to transfer the game to another device?

Good question - the OLD instructions are here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?55648-Modern-War-FAQs

How do I transfer an account?
You can transfer your account through the Funzio ID system.
1. Make sure the game is installed on both devices.
2. Create a Funzio ID on the device with the account you would like to keep. You can do this by going to Menu -> More -> Funzio ID.
3. Put the same Funzio ID info onto the device you would like to transfer to (the Funzio IDs have to be the same to transfer. If one is different from the other, delete and reinstall the game on the device you want to transfer to and add the information from the Funzio ID on the first device).
4. IMPORTANT: Now go into the account you want to transfer. Hit the transfer button on the Funzio ID page. This will get your account ready to transfer. (ALWAYS hit the transfer button on the account you want to keep playing).
5. Log into the Funzio ID using the device you want to complete the transfer with. Your game will now be transferred to the new device.

These don't work anymore though since Funzio ID doesn't exist anymore (real smart, Gree...), even though the last edit was made to this FAQ in May of this year. Identical instructions (I think) are here as well: https://games.gree-support.net/entries/21602765-Modern-War-FAQs

But to answer your question - the only place I know of where there are UPDATED instructions is INSIDE the game, in the FAQ. Way down near the bottom.

kiruban
09-24-2013, 01:13 PM
My account also gone after the upgrade. I sent tickets. But they didi not reply me

Dutchie
09-24-2013, 03:16 PM
No, it did not prompt me to restore my data after I started the game once the restore was complete and my account is back to level 1. I have no option but to create a ticket now :(

Agent Orange
09-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Not sure if you tried this but I find I get faster replies if I reply to the automatically generated reply. Basically just say thanks for the reply and restate the issue.

Sending in multiple new tickets is the slowest.

TheOracle
09-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Hey guys, we're going through the tickets as quickly as our backlog allows us to. If an agent has responded to you then your ticket is now in their queue and they will get to your transfer as quickly as possible. If it's been over 5 days then PM me the ticket number and I can look it up but currently it can take that long to get your transfer processed as we're going through a lot of transfers with the new iPhone release.

Dutchie
09-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Thank you GREE Support. I sent in a ticket via the new game so they had all the details of the new game and gave them all my info of my old game, both CC and MW (in separate tickets) including last login date and time, level and player ID and it was transferred within 1 hour.

@TheOracle - I would suggest looking at the player transfer code again as it isn't working and once the iPhone restore is complete, when I disconnected from iTunes and started the game, it did not ask me if I wanted to transfer the old game data back unfortunately. Please can you test further to ensure that it does work correctly and also provide clear instructions in a sticky once it has been confirmed that it is working. Thank you.

Dutchie
09-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Not sure if you tried this but I find I get faster replies if I reply to the automatically generated reply. Basically just say thanks for the reply and restate the issue.

Sending in multiple new tickets is the slowest.

I never send in multiple tickets... I create the ticket in game so that they have all the details of the new game and phone IDs and then update it via the support web site at https://games.gree-support.net/home by logging in with my email address that I used to send the ticket in game and my password. That is the way I have always done it and I have always got a response in a timely manner. 3 weeks was the slowest response, but they did acknowledge at the time that they were snowed under.

MojoJojo
09-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Hey guys, we're going through the tickets as quickly as our backlog allows us to. If an agent has responded to you then your ticket is now in their queue and they will get to your transfer as quickly as possible. If it's been over 5 days then PM me the ticket number and I can look it up but currently it can take that long to get your transfer processed as we're going through a lot of transfers with the new iPhone release.

Thank you Oracle! You are keeping me in the loop better than the customer support!!! lol.
I'm missing logging on everyday from my old account, but im logging on everyday with this new one. Will the 28days of logging on roll over to the new account? and will i come back to a fully raided base with everything torn down and my money, gone? Im around 44mil Iph now. Do I just kiss that good bye? or will there be help.

Just wanted to say thank you for replying to our messages. Please tell costumer support to respond with that kind of a message rather than the non-sense that they send, right before they close the ticket. Makes all of us nervous as hell.

BoilerPaulie
09-24-2013, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the response, Oracle. I do appreciate it. Incidentally, my ticket was finally resolved about an hour after you posted this.

If I could offer some completely unsolicited constructive criticism though, you could have avoided a LOT of disgruntled players if you had done a few things differently with this situation. You're never going to please everyone, but I personally would have been patient if a few things had been different:

1) Acknowledge that it is a widespread issue and make an announcement that you're working through a high volume of tickets for this specific problem.

2) READ the initial ticket, word for word, no matter how long the support request is. It is a huge insult to respond to a support request with a boilerplate, canned response that tells the individual to complete the steps in the FAQ, when the original email stated in no uncertain terms that they had already done that. In other words, don't insult my intelligence by confirming your lack thereof. I would have rather had zero contact over the past 4 days, without the stupid FAQ copy-paste email, than have received that email at all, regardless of how quickly it came, because it did not fix the situation and only made me angrier. Do it right the first time and you won't have to do it again.

3) If you're going to respond to the initial request within 3 hours, don't wait 96+ hours to respond to the follow-up email that came back to you within 30 minutes with additional information. That's really poor form. Once you have initiated contact with someone, replies shouldn't go to the bottom of the pile of new things.

SOF
09-24-2013, 07:47 PM
Same problem here. Luckily I didn't wipe my old phone just in case to ensure I could go to war with my time. Gree replied promptly during war saying they transfered it, but it did not work. Since then not a single reply in days. If an admin gets on here I really would love any help possible.

SOF
09-24-2013, 07:48 PM
The wifi only this war killed my wdp ability though. Gree got some extra gold buys out of me which I'm sure they don't mind!!!!

***** Maybe I should have noticed there was a second page to this thread!!! Thank you oracle for the clarification. Tomorrow will be 5 days. Expect a PM from me then!! :)

Dutchie
09-24-2013, 11:17 PM
...2) READ the initial ticket, word for word, no matter how long the support request is...When I create support tickets, I keep it short and sweet and provide all the necessary information for them to resolve the issue. They really don't need to read your life story! With the high volume of tickets they get, you're better off keeping it to less than 50 words if you can, so long it details the exact problem. Just stay to the point of the issue at hand. I have found that this usually works best.

BoilerPaulie
09-24-2013, 11:20 PM
When I create support tickets, I keep it short and sweet and provide all the necessary information for them to resolve the issue. They really don't need to read your life story! With the high volume of tickets they get, you're better off keeping it to less than 50 words if you can, so long it details the exact problem. Just stay to the point of the issue at hand. I have found that this usually works best.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have said "no matter how long" it is, but what I was getting at was that my support request probably looked lengthy because of all the information you are supposed to include when you have trouble transferring your account, and because of that I felt like none of it was read - which completely defeats the purpose of asking for us to provide so much information.

kiruban
09-25-2013, 01:39 AM
I sent a pm yesterday but no reply

Mc Drew
09-28-2013, 02:49 AM
I got lucky support team responded to my ticket. In less than 12 hrs (after he respond to my ticket) my account has been transfered to my new device. You just need to be polite with them. Thanks L.S.