PDA

View Full Version : Safety Precaution / Failsafe

andymac106
09-24-2013, 04:51 AM
What if during warring times, there was a possibility to drop one (maybe 2 but lets say one for now) player from your team. This could be like a failsafe or backup plan to make sure that your entire battling experience, that you waited a month or so for, is not ruined. Of course it would only seem fair to need all of the officers approvals and approval by the leader to make sure its a good decision though. Just my opinion on the matter of 1 player ruining top factions for wars

Wai
09-24-2013, 05:06 AM
How is one player going to 'ruin' a 'top' faction.

How would you write that program to include all officers. How many officers are going to disagree with the leader. Why wouldn't the leader remove officer rank and then make the call.

How can you ensure this will not become a faction leaders strategy and not used other than for the purpose intended.

How can you ensure that some people wont be treated unfairly.

I think it will become largely a strategy and we will have a flood of complaints from people further disenchanted. That guy that has been active but unfortunately for him he seems to be a good target and we need this next win. Boot him for no other reason but that.

The issues this could cause, far outweigh any benefit.

JimmyThePick
09-24-2013, 05:07 AM
100% support on this. Very good idea.

WI(AusNz)
09-24-2013, 05:12 AM
We are all in the same boat. If your faction is experiencing one or two duds players during battle, you can pretty much assume all factions are experiencing the same thing. Sorry, but don't agree.

MaroonMonsoon
09-24-2013, 05:14 AM
Maybe if we cry enough, GREE will write some tissue into the code

Wai
09-24-2013, 05:21 AM
We are all in the same boat. If your faction is experiencing one or two duds players during battle, you can pretty much assume all factions are experiencing the same thing. Sorry, but don't agree.

Exactly, and many have more. You would need an unlimited number of ejections to satisfy all factions.

We just get on with it and solve or mitigate the issues ourselves. For something completely 'out there', try resolving issues in factions for yourselves.

If one ejection was allowed and you say only one can ruin it; then what about those with two or three, or more. They use the eject button for one but are still ruined by the one(s) that remains. Situation unchanged after all that program writing.

andymac106
09-24-2013, 05:37 AM
I think it will become largely a strategy and we will have a flood of complaints from people further disenchanted. That guy that has been active but unfortunately for him he seems to be a good target and we need this next win. Boot him for no other reason but that.

The issues this could cause, far outweigh any benefit.

This point is very good. I hadnt thought of that as a way to eliminate the weaker players to get a win. Your post points out a good flaw in this idea.

Dilligaf13
09-24-2013, 05:53 AM
It would be nice to unload the freeloader prior to reaping the benefits of the others but I would have to agree with Wai and WI. People would end up using it in a manor that will most benefit them instead of the way it was intended to used.

JimmyThePick
09-24-2013, 06:11 AM
Almost any idea any idea you come up with to deal with this situation is open to abuse, that is true. And I agree with the points about all factions having duds and certain individuals who aren’t willing to participate. But the fact of the matter is that in this war one individual was actively trying, and seemingly succeeding, to sabotage an entire team. With that being said, I’m not in any way, shape, or form affiliated with the guys from BoS. It would be interesting to hear their thoughts. In the end, making one drop during a WD event is not too much to ask given the leader and all officers support the move.

Hawkwind
09-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Freeloaders I understand are a frustration. As a faction leader its very frustrating to me and all the vetting and references in the world won't uncover all cause all it take is someone to just not be willing to be active and participate. What if someone goes on vacation deep in the jungle with no connection and does not tell anyone in the faction or forgets to tell. What if they've been loyal and active for a year, is it fair that they get kicked cause someone abuses the power for a single win, etc...

However, it's the guy that declares war that's not suppose to and keeps doing it even after being told not to, is the bigger issue. So Gree could program it so only officers declare and that would most likely solve that issue except for more rare issues (an officer gets disgruntled mid-war) or accidents yes even with the are your sure button. This has been on the suggestion list for a long time. I've read a few variations of this like being able to assign roles, but lets start with the basics. Create privileges and give officers the ability to declare war and remove that privileges for non-officers. (leader is an officer)

This is especially important now that wins and more importantly, wins-in-a-row, have become important not just points!!! Declare at the wrong time and poof - there goes your 6+ winning streak!

13 BRAVO
09-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Great idea, we need to be able to boot players who are detrimental to the faction. Even if they still get the units make it where they can be booted.