PDA

View Full Version : Selling Weapons

brooqs
08-16-2011, 08:07 PM
I just spent the day spending about $30,000+ purchasing weapons to increase my attack/defence. But now that I came here I see that 1) I only use 5X my level of mobsters and 2) I won't use a "lower" weapon if there are "higher" weapons availible. So it seems like I spent a lot of money to get items that won't help me either way.

Is there any way to sell these unwanted items?

Crime City Mark
08-17-2011, 01:21 PM
There's no way to sell yet, but we may add this in on a future patch.

envy
08-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Yess!!thanx

MadHatter
12-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Does any one know if the selling weapons patch has been implemented?

KronicK
12-05-2011, 02:06 AM
30K??? how about 1.5 mil and it doesnt improve on a single stats :|

Anubis
12-05-2011, 03:31 AM
I think if there was a way of selling weapons it would have to be implemented carefully for two reasons.

1) It could have an unwanted affect on the economy, although the economy is completely controlled by Funzio selling weapons would most likely need to only return 20-30% of original cost, not the usual 50% sell price in games.

2) Many lower weapons are used for missions only - if people start selling all their Machine guns and assault rifles and their other armor equivelents then they would inevitably see road blocks in their mission progression, many people would probably sell all their low level weapons without taking this into consideration.

I know many ppl proably won't care with mission progressing, especially with item farming but if equipment was sellable it would probably be wise not to include equipment that is used in missions (which is generally the equip ppl want to sell, but even though it is not used in fighting it is used in the story). A counter Target for players would be the ability to sell all equipment after all story missions (and zone completions) are done. Something like that would give players more motivation to complete missions instead of spending all their energy in the Shooting Range. After all story jobs/maps are copmplete, the requirements could be gone.

If more maps are added in the future then more realistic equip could be used, more on the mid range that have not been used in any maps prior to them.

MadHatter
12-05-2011, 03:36 AM
Wtf y r you commenting on q dead post from aug? It's not happening. Live with it move on

Lola Gets
12-10-2011, 10:06 PM
I personally hope they don't allow us to sell weapons. The complexity of choosing which weapons to buy forces you to weigh the long term vs short term benefits of weapon options. If we can eventually sell, it makes a no brainer to buy tons of crappy weapons now and sell them when you reach higher levels. We wouldn't want to make this game easier, would we??? ;)

BigCheese
12-10-2011, 11:01 PM
selling weapon and get only 20-20% return is fair enough

Tramp Stamp
12-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Not sure if it'd make the game easier. After all, how much of an advantage will one get selling back a bunch of Trench Coats for a fraction of $75? The way that income and prices increase non-linearly in this game guarantee a non-proportional return, even if the price is fair. The biggest advantage would be inventory sheet cleanup. I don't think offering this feature would create a new sect of spreadsheet checkers, just make life a little easier for the ones that already do it.

Lola Gets
12-11-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't mean more affordable. I just mean that it makes buying weapons earlier a better decision. I am on level 25 now, and I probably would have purchased a ton of shotguns earlier on instead of saving for combat shot guns to get me through the mid levels of the game. Maybe now it's a no brainer for most players, but it was a hard decision for me 15 levels ago.

heath4pack
12-12-2011, 06:06 AM

Now that would be cool