PDA

View Full Version : What is it Gree and your WD match system?

Exxtraterrestrial
09-22-2013, 12:59 PM
WTF
Are you serious Gree? A top 400 faction getting matched by SUP2?? Top 250 faction, fine, top 100, we'll make do, but what's it with SUP2. That's completely unfair.

Bill Shakes
09-22-2013, 01:13 PM
That's one of two things that needs to be fixed. The other and more annoying one I think is loosing to people with dramatically lower stats than you.

spcmorris
09-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Planned on investing in a vault for the rest of the war, not this time (That's in addition to the bank truck and two stockpiles already purchased this WD). If the pairing algorithm is unjust, the continued stat fluctuation (despite the numbers DO stay the same) and the random amount of battle points per hit... there's no point in buying gold.

spcmorris
09-22-2013, 01:20 PM
That's one of two things that needs to be fixed. The other and more annoying one I think is loosing to people with dramatically lower stats than you.
Seems to be the going trend. I'd rather see the numbers change and lose from the fluctuation rather than lose and not know why.

kyzeta700
09-22-2013, 02:22 PM
I feel your pain. We had a match up where we scouted every player just for fun and only found 1 person with a defense under 1mil. There was only two people that could hit anyone. The rest of us got to hit the cc. Seems most battles there are only 3-4 people out if our 54 members that can beat anyone.

JCL
09-22-2013, 03:22 PM
They've changed something. It used to be every war was a somewhat even race. Yes, we occasionally had a trouncing, and occasionally we did the same. However, we're playing one right now with our team avg 331k and 32 members, and just got paired with a 56 member team avg at 714,000. 13 of our 32 can't win against their weakest that we've found. We've had 23 wars. 20 were fair, against similar teams. 3 have been hugely lopsided.

I've got a second account and it does the same with that faction.

JCL
09-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Near as I can figure, it's hugely overly biased by total WDP points for that campaign. Their team, Domination Nation, is at 899,591, versus our 907,733. Dumb.

Agent Orange
09-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Starting to think that it is smarter to be quiet about this stuff. The more you guys complain the more they know that their 'fixes' are working.....

good gawd noooo
09-22-2013, 03:39 PM
My faction started the war off against a top 50 team.. were finished top 400 last war.. the following 6 wars were against top 100 teams.. their algorithm this was is way off. It is starting to balance out but I have lost several battles with people 40k under my stats and one was to person 112k lower.. I bought a vault for this war but wont use it. The majority of my factions wars we can only hit a couple people for low wd this is a joke.

DAllen14
09-22-2013, 03:46 PM
I am so pissed. I am in a faction with my llp with others going for the streaks and wins. we were working on win 7 of the win 9 in a row streak. we are barely top 750 and get a team pushing top 250. then of course our next match is against a team that wasn't even top 2000 last war. we have spent too much money on this to be screwed over like this. now we don't have time to get the final unit for winning 12 in a row because of this ****ty matching. we will still most likely get the 50 wins unit easy but damnit gree, figure your **** out.

Tito89
09-22-2013, 04:21 PM
ive been stuck on the 3/9 prestige mission for 1.5 days, for some reason i get matched against tougher opponents every time im close to finishing it...

Dilligaf13
09-23-2013, 11:14 AM
I am so pissed. I am in a faction with my llp with others going for the streaks and wins. we were working on win 7 of the win 9 in a row streak. we are barely top 750 and get a team pushing top 250. then of course our next match is against a team that wasn't even top 2000 last war. we have spent too much money on this to be screwed over like this. now we don't have time to get the final unit for winning 12 in a row because of this ****ty matching. we will still most likely get the 50 wins unit easy but damnit gree, figure your **** out.
At least you are able to get anything in a row. We are barely in the top 400 and have been battling against top 50 and 100 factions the whole time. We finally got 3 in a row and that was because it was late at night and I guess they either felt sorry for us or had no one online at the time, it was a top 25 faction. I will never understand how the pairing works because it never adds up. This battle we have faced top 100 or better factions 95% of the time, we never had this problem when we were a top 150 faction, it was more evenly paired. I've been in this faction since they started factions and I've never seen it this bad and from what I've been reading there are many others having the same problems. Gree really needs to figure this out.

VSH
09-23-2013, 11:27 AM
This WD event has sucked from a matching perspective. The whole system is broke. GREE, your system needs a complete overhaul.

It's been like this all weekend, and to round things off nicely...our last fight is against BAF (Top 100).....we are outside Top 750.....absolutely chuffin' ridiculous

Web323
09-23-2013, 11:29 AM
My faction started the war off against a top 50 team.. were finished top 400 last war.. the following 6 wars were against top 100 teams.. their algorithm this was is way off. It is starting to balance out but I have lost several battles with people 40k under my stats and one was to person 112k lower.. I bought a vault for this war but wont use it. The majority of my factions wars we can only hit a couple people for low wd this is a joke.

40k I can understand, but I get reversals in the 300K range still.

VSH
09-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Yeah, this is embarrassing.....BAF are kicking the absolute c.rap out of us, lol

Gotta laugh, or cry, whichever takes your fancy. I mean it's not like we were on 17 wins and daring to hope for win number 18.

Modern War....the only game in the world more frustrating than golf :)

Buckrogers2323
09-23-2013, 12:26 PM
It only gets worse as you move up in the standings!

WTF
Are you serious Gree? A top 400 faction getting matched by SUP2?? Top 250 faction, fine, top 100, we'll make do, but what's it with SUP2. That's completely unfair.

Jerle
09-23-2013, 12:32 PM
I actually think some of the player behavior changes since we released the win streaks are why recent matchmaking feels off. Now that the popular thing to do is surge at the end of battles, that's resulting in a different spread of WD points and some other factors the matchmaker uses.

We're evaluating possible changes to the algorithm. It's never going to make everyone happy, but we do want to try and keep guilds closer to their own ballpark.

yan840016765
09-23-2013, 12:36 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^I am just laughing so hard at ur signature;);)

VSH
09-23-2013, 01:28 PM
I actually think some of the player behavior changes since we released the win streaks are why recent matchmaking feels off. Now that the popular thing to do is surge at the end of battles, that's resulting in a different spread of WD points and some other factors the matchmaker uses.

We're evaluating possible changes to the algorithm. It's never going to make everyone happy, but we do want to try and keep guilds closer to their own ballpark.

Well one solution would be to scrap the consecutive wins prizes. Award for wins, sure. Make everyone HAVE to work for their wins, sure. But don't create a system whereby guys from the Top10 can play the system and end up fighting guys down at 2000, 1000. That's just crazy, alienates lower faction members, and ultimately will switch people off the game.

acesneights
09-23-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm in a Top 750 faction, we got matched against a team where everyone had over 1 millon defense and their DL had 2.7 million.

VSH
09-23-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm in a Top 750 faction, we got matched against a team where everyone had over 1 millon defense and their DL had 2.7 million.

I hear you mate. We are a Top 1000 and drew 3 matches exactly like that! Probably one of the same ones as you, lol.

tarun
09-25-2013, 02:46 AM
Same problem with our faction also, top 500 matched with top 50 team that too 3, 4 times and ended at top 750.......

Even our DL with above 700000 attack was hitting the command center for points.

DFI
09-25-2013, 05:39 AM

A simple one would be that you can't fight the same opponent 3 times in the span of 36 hours, especially if the name starts with S__.

Wai
09-25-2013, 06:04 AM
A simple one would be that you can't fight the same opponent 3 times in the span of 36 hours, especially if the name starts with S__.

Why, that happens doesn't it?

S never fights an S in 72. LOL

TheDanimal
10-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Just a thought.... If you look at it from the other side, ever think that a really bad matchup could be a tool to try and handicap the stronger faction? ...when the big dogs get paired with a much weaker faction, they don't get as many wd points... Better ponies would exist in factions closer to their rank, but a much weaker faction may contain only one pony, or none at all.... Then they either say f it & settle for less wd, or they increase their gold spending <--- I'm sure this possibility will appeal to those thinking gree's motive for everything is to get people to spend more gold. Haha