PDA

View Full Version : Messed up matches

ProCision
09-21-2013, 07:25 PM
We just got a top 5 faction (not going to say who) and we are sub top 100. how is this fair? This is complete crap, unfair and a waste of time. Oh ya our win streak is over, one a way from completing our current goal. (6/7)

Its not the fact we dont have enough gold to beat them, its the fact that 99% of our team cant get any points other then the CC.

Just unfair match.

spcmorris
09-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Seems to be a reoccurring issue.
The problem exists. We all know.
There's nothing anyone can do about it, so..
http://wildomarmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/whine_waitress.jpg

helloooOonurse
09-21-2013, 07:53 PM
how much did you score previous battle?

Oceanz
09-21-2013, 08:04 PM
My faction was top-750 last battle and 90% of our matches have been against top-250 or top-400 teams

But on the bright side, our very first battle of the war yesterday, was a one man faction

But still

ProCision
09-21-2013, 08:06 PM
how much did you score previous battle?

under 30k

I am going to steal a quote from a good friend.

"With Gree at the control I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of "random" element to matchmaking similar to opening the crates. If you are on match 1 its like crate 1... easy to open.... But if its match 6 to finish a streak... Its like opening the 10th crate."

spcmorris
09-21-2013, 08:10 PM
It's a lose-lose situation for both factions if this happens. Strong factions don't want to be paired with weak factions, because the points are horrible. Weak factions don't want to be paired with strong factions, because they can't score points. I agree there needs to be a better formula for the equation. Even more, a happy medium with the point scale and stat fluctuation needs to be met. I believe the developers have too many irons in the fire. Kinks should be worked out prior to new releases.

ProCision
09-21-2013, 08:22 PM
It's a lose-lose situation for both factions if this happens. Strong factions don't want to be paired with weak factions, because the points are horrible. Weak factions don't want to be paired with strong factions, because they can't score points. I agree there needs to be a better formula for the equation. Even more, a happy medium with the point scale and stat fluctuation needs to be met. I believe the developers have too many irons in the fire. Kinks should be worked out prior to new releases.

Sorry homie, we are not weak. (ave. member is 1.7m A/D) Try fighting a faction that has an ave. of 2.7m A/D. Thats the messed up part.

ProCision
09-21-2013, 08:24 PM
I would take a fight where you had the chance to fight tooth and nail to win. Not one where you have to lay down the sec. your told who you are fighting.

spcmorris
09-21-2013, 08:40 PM
I would take a fight where you had the chance to fight tooth and nail to win. Not one where you have to lay down the sec. your told who you are fighting.
I agree. We (Top 400) faced OUTLAW LAWYER$ in Australia. They ranked 31 in Australia. I don't think there's a rhyme or reason to any of the pairing, nor will it be exposed. If they were to give the secret formula then every faction would plan accordingly. There's no logic in war, trust me. ;)

ProCision
09-21-2013, 08:44 PM
I agree. We (Top 400) faced OUTLAW LAWYER$ in Australia. They ranked 31 in Australia. I don't think there's a rhyme or reason to any of the pairing, nor will it be exposed. If they were to give the secret formula then every faction would plan accordingly. There's no logic in war, trust me. ;)

were you about to complete a streak? which one?

spcmorris
09-21-2013, 08:52 PM
were you about to complete a streak? which one?It happened in Australia.

krill
09-21-2013, 09:17 PM
We're a top 250 faction and our first 10 wars were against top 100 top 75 factions ... We went 0-10 to start

spcmorris
09-21-2013, 09:47 PM
We're a top 250 faction and our first 10 wars were against top 100 top 75 factions ... We went 0-10 to start
That's harsh. Good luck on the FLTQ.

dbznumber1
09-21-2013, 10:29 PM
The only way to fix this problem is to match factions based on OVERALL faction strength not rank.

Viva la Revolution
09-21-2013, 11:42 PM
we have ranked 38 in india and faced a top 1500 team.... they got destroyed

pb23
09-22-2013, 12:54 AM
For the first half day of the war we tried holding back to get favorable match ups... this is what I found:

Our rank: 122-269 anywhere in this range
Opponents Rank (India): 33-1277

We played Top 1500 teams when ranked 130ish and got Top 50 teams when ranked 269.

There is no rhyme or reason to this crap. Later today we got 3 out of 4 battles in a row that we couldn't score on anything but the command center after 35-40 players were scouted.

Hotshots
09-22-2013, 01:26 AM
Sorry homie, we are not weak. (ave. member is 1.7m A/D) Try fighting a faction that has an ave. of 2.7m A/D. Thats the messed up part.

Hang on you've got an average of 1.7m stats each. How many factions have you been facing where no one can beat you ? I'm guessing a lot at the rank your in. What goes around comes around

I am a cow
09-22-2013, 02:02 AM
We fought sup x someone f me pls

Dom3
09-22-2013, 02:07 AM
Gree clearly trying to stop factions winning the top prize of 54 wars in a row and making you buy more gold. We got paired with a really high faction as well. I understand maybe a marging of 50 ranks up and down but not 100 or even 200 like we had.

DFI
09-22-2013, 02:15 AM
Let me see, sup 1 last night, sup 2 this afternoon, Ferr in the middle, sup connection while I was half asleep. Then the cross dressers from mcgurt several hours ago. So don't worry, happening to all of us.

KFH
09-22-2013, 02:42 AM
this game is one big scam to get you to use and buy more gold. who knows if they change the win loss ration during battles, who knows if they have any legit system to decide score or even that beautiful gree swing that seems to appear only during wars.. just as long as the pipe is in reach, people will keep spending

DFI
09-22-2013, 02:58 AM
And sup2 again.

Let me go and bang their CC...

boco78
09-22-2013, 02:59 AM
I agree, this is a scam...how can be a fair match if you draw 2 time in a row a faction (or factions) that have an average of 2 million defense?

HGF69
09-22-2013, 03:02 AM
We just got a top 5 faction (not going to say who) and we are sub top 100. how is this fair? This is complete crap, unfair and a waste of time. Oh ya our win streak is over, one a way from completing our current goal. (6/7)

Its not the fact we dont have enough gold to beat them, its the fact that 99% of our team cant get any points other then the CC.

Just unfair match.

If you put an plea or pm out to who you are facing they may have stood down. We have for others and Strength and honor have done it for us in the past. If your opponent isn't on a streak themselves they might not bother. Worth a try.

britton
09-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Thank you for your message about your World Domination match-ups. The system looks at the following to determine an appropriate rival faction:
--The overall strength of your faction: The sum of your faction's power will be compared to the sum of the other faction's power when looking for potential match-ups.
--The Faction's WD Rank: This is based on how well you are doing in the event.
---How many match-ups you have had with the faction during the event.
As time goes on without a match, the parameters will relax slightly.
Please keep in mind:
-- It can take up to an hour to receive a match after declaring war
--You may not declare war within the last hour of the event
If you have any further questions about the game please let me know.
Regards,
Stephen

Yeah that's not how its working.

SevenO9
09-22-2013, 05:03 AM
As far as we know the match making algorithm uses (among other things) overall faction strength and current WD ranking. With many strong factions staying deliberately low in rank the matching spread just becomes larger. We (a top 25 faction) had factions that simply could not hit any of us and vice versa. How does that increase gold spending? In those situations the war ends like 40K : 5k while it used to be 600k vs 40k before te FLTQs. Of course we all know that Gree knows there will be a massive surge at the end and total spendings will be back to normal.

Overall this new element adds more dynamic and at least some strategic element to the game. It sure is more fun then the usual tap tap tap. And yes, it can be painfull we just came to a hard stop by facing a top5 team at our 6/7 streak. Still I think its a good change.

ProCision
09-22-2013, 06:42 AM
Hang on you've got an average of 1.7m stats each. How many factions have you been facing where no one can beat you ? I'm guessing a lot at the rank your in. What goes around comes around

touché......

Buckrogers2323
09-22-2013, 06:57 AM
Top 50 faction here with strongest player defense at 1.3 million and we've faced 4 SUP factions already, Dogs of War, and several other top teams.

Unreal.

To SUP 1- thank you for a very respectful battle. Although we could only hit your CC, you didn't wipe out all of our units. You scored a very respectful 145k points against us and it could have been worse.

To SUP 2- you guys took advantage of us at 500k points. But I understand you are trying to catch SUP1.

Just unfair match.

Reaper*7
09-22-2013, 07:39 AM
I'm In a top 50 as well and we were matched up with SUP 1 and TKL(old Ferrs emperor )and sup1 destroyed us they scored over 1 million points off us lol

CJ D
09-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Should be average strength. Not total strength. That's one of the reasons for the bad mismatches.

coron@
09-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Definitely this is screwed. We been matched up twice against a 2 player faction called Easy Living. yes...a 2 player faction, both players over 1,500,000 in DEF.

Our DL is over 500,000 in attack but still cannot beat them in a power attack, and all of our other members are around 300,000 and under.

How do you fight a battle like that you can't even fight not even using gold???

To make matters worst it screwed up our faction goals and now we're back to square one....again....because of these guys!

Unfreaking believable!!!

Richard79
09-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Gree sort this out!!!! Its bleedin stupit our last 10 wars have been almost impossiable to score any points!! Rival factions with 3mil dl and 40+ members all 500k/1mil in stats were a top 300/500 faction not top25 fighting for top10

Drsquishems
09-22-2013, 02:05 PM
We fought sup x someone f me pls Here, this should ease the pain.4435