PDA

View Full Version : [Limited Time Quest] The Great Old One - September 20th - September 27th

The Wise One
09-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Attention Knights!

Finish all quest in The Great Old One and earn Air Fusion Boost Armors, Fusion Stones, and most of all Beast Keys!

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/1b88d4b8-124b-4254-a80e-d9b74f12d908_zps2645eed3.jpg?t=1379706411

cincythunder2
09-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Anybody already on 2nd part? I wonder what will it be? I'm done farming faerie forest.

EljayK
09-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Most likely creating 12 of each uncommon armor.

The Pale Rider
09-20-2013, 01:11 PM
"Anyways, anybody knows some monsters that would drop uncommon mats? I already farme guardians crossing griffos for the valhallan ingots, if the rest is only on bosses.. Eeek!"

Thanks to Lieda for mentioning this. Gets it done so much faster. Reposted her question here since that thread was closed. Anyone know the answer?

EljayK
09-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Kingdom of Darkness. Certain creatures drop 1 and 2 ofs some of them. Not very reliable though.

The Pale Rider
09-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Kingdom of Darkness. Certain creatures drop 1 and 2 ofs some of them. Not very reliable though.

I know KoD, but that's not a good farming route to take. I can only make it through 3 times without waiting for health to restore. plus the guys that drop uncommons are not where you want to use your power attacks there. I just finished steel in about 5 minutes on guadians crossing. I'm looking for something like that.

Lieda
09-20-2013, 01:18 PM
So far, As i said before, Guradian's crossing honor stage, sometimes theres the griffo in the end of every stage, special attack it for 2 ingots :D, and easy stage so cake mode for ingots

The rest i didnt find yet ;(

Belimah
09-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Fish guys in sunken carrack = coral
Purple brawlers in zephyr = mystic cloth scraps
Griffons in guardians crossing = mystic cloth

So what about stone slabs and dragon scales?

Sol Invictus
09-20-2013, 01:23 PM
Umm....

http://i.minus.com/jxahFUzIklIZC.jpg (http://minus.com/lxahFUzIklIZC)
http://i.minus.com/jqdOancs05Vn7.jpg (http://minus.com/lqdOancs05Vn7)

EljayK
09-20-2013, 01:23 PM
How often are fish guys in Sunken? And which stage seems best?

Ithiliond
09-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Bosses are better if you can't farm enough mats from high level stages without waiting to recover your knights health (but you can aim to level up at the right moment during the process).

DonutEnigma
09-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Anybody else seeing Strange Statuette instead of this but with no quests? Play store says my game is up to date. Force kill on app and restart didn't fix it. Rebooting my phone didn't either. Any ideas?

Lieda
09-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the hint zephyr on honor stage seems best to me, purple brawler woman almost always in every stage! Just need slabs and scales now!

Tahimaka
09-20-2013, 01:30 PM
I wish there was information about this before hand, I only saw this because it's 6am and I haven't slept yet

ZERO_07
09-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Chtulhu is in the event?

http://i1.minus.com/jqdOancs05Vn7.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/powerlisting/images/9/90/Great-cthulhu.jpg

Belimah
09-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Why is the Great Old One wearing a do rag?

Sol Invictus
09-20-2013, 01:48 PM
At first I thought this quest event was kinda cool.

But it's just another thing for really high-level guys to get even more powerful, more spectacular gear and pull away from the pack. It destroys competition.

Hardly anyone, if anyone at all, under level ~60 is going to be able to do this thing. They'll only be able to harvest a handful of materials a day.

Tahimaka
09-20-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm going to give up and sleep, I hope next time there is information about it and it's at a better time frame

VirusknightX
09-20-2013, 02:04 PM
How do you get the quest line to start? I seen someone posted you had to update your game but I have not had the option show up. Anyone have any insight on this?

-Solo-
09-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Hardly anyone, if anyone at all, under level ~60 is going to be able to do this thing. They'll only be able to harvest a handful of materials a day.

A level 60 shouldn't be worrying about getting great/end game gear. They should be worrying about finishing off their castle expansion and leveling their big 4s, transitioning into bigger 4s.

Nec772
09-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the hint zephyr on honor stage seems best to me, purple brawler woman almost always in every stage! Just need slabs and scales now!

Epic stone tombs drop 3 stone slabs. Otherwise I think the earth fish guys in haunted citadel drop slabs but I am not 100% on that

EX1153
09-20-2013, 02:10 PM
At first I thought this quest event was kinda cool.

But it's just another thing for really high-level guys to get even more powerful, more spectacular gear and pull away from the pack. It destroys competition.

No, not really. The event is farming and crafting mono armors.
After grinding out the mats, you only have to craft 36 armors. At 30 mins each, even with one armor smith, that's only 18 hours of crafting time. With two armor smiths, its takes 9 hours to craft them all. And that's before applying the decrease in time for the upgrades to your armor smiths. Assuming even a relatively low level player can farm the normal stage of the levels a few times before dieing, this isn't a high level event. I don't see why anyone who has all the necessary stages unlocked and is somewhere along with the big 4 wouldn't be able to accomplish this in the 7 days with some half decent time management.

-Solo-
09-20-2013, 02:15 PM
After grinding out the mats, you only have to craft 36 armors. At 30 mins each, even with one armor smith, that's only 18 hours of crafting time. With two armor smiths, its takes 9 hours to craft them all. And that's before applying the decrease in time for the upgrades to your armor smiths. Assuming even a relatively low level player can farm the normal stage of the levels a few times before dieing, this isn't a high level event. I don't see why anyone who has all the necessary stages unlocked and is somewhere along with the big 4 wouldn't be able to accomplish this in the 7 days with some half decent time management.

You are only mentioning the first 2 quests for the first reward. We don't know about the remaining quests are, but even then, lower level players shouldn't be trying to worry about getting the level 3 rewards.

Wdraizen
09-20-2013, 02:16 PM
I don't get it? I'm trying to click both quest but it says I'm not qualified? And also can anyone tell me how this works

iH8t2lose2
09-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Farming mats is getting so boring. Im sick of crimson dragon.

VirusknightX
09-20-2013, 02:21 PM
How do you get the quest line to start? I seen someone posted you had to update your game but I have not had the option show up. Anyone have any insight on this?

Nevermind. After closing out the game completely multiple times it finally popped up with an in game update. When it was finished the quest showed up.

Sifu
09-20-2013, 02:23 PM
From the Armors Data spreadsheet

Relic Ruins----------Stone Slabs------------Earthquake Serpent
Skeletons Tomb-----Stone Slabs------------Gorgon Warmistress (Medusa)
Flaming Wildwood---Crimson Dragon Scales--Crimson Dragon
Cold Rock Crags-----Valhallan Steel Ingots---Mighty Mammoth Rider
Faerie Forest--------Mystic Cloth-----------Titania
Guardian's Crossing--Valhallan Steel Ingots---Drops on Honor and Epic
Guardian's Crossing--Valhallan Steel Ingots---Cockatrice
Sparkling Steppes---Stone Slabs-------------Chimera
Blazing Tides--------Mystic Cloth------------Phoenix
Caballero Desert-----Crimson Dragon Scales--Hydra
Zephyr Plateau------Mystic Cloth------------Various

Edit: Forgot Chunks of Coral (not formatting, it's a PITA)

Thieves Cove Chunks of Coral Water Water Elemental
Skeletons Tomb Chunks of Coral Water Gorgon Warmistress (Medusa)
Writhing Cascade Chunks of Coral Water Waterio
Sunken Carrack Chunks of Coral Water Drops on Honor and Epic

DonutEnigma
09-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Solved my problem. No update would show up even with closing the game, or rebooting my phone. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and I see the quests now.

The Pale Rider
09-20-2013, 02:34 PM

Better way is to start epic and kill first two guys - if they don't drop flee and restart. If they do drop finish stage 1. Peek at stage 2, if no purple chick there - quit and restart. Rinse and repast. Just finished mystic on 10 minutes thus way, and much less HP loss.

The Pale Rider
09-20-2013, 02:34 PM

Better way is to start epic and kill first two guys - if they don't drop flee and restart. If they do drop finish stage 1. Peek at stage 2, if no purple chick there - quit and restart. Rinse and repast. Just finished mystic in 10 minutes this way, and much less HP loss.

Also if you don't get the cloth on the first two and quit and restart that same level you get to keep your energy so you're guaranteed to be able to power attack the 2nd one (4 total attacks).

Harbear
09-20-2013, 03:14 PM

The rewards get much better for the second two tiers. I'm guessing "Reward 2" is something similar, but involves farming and crafting the big four, and the final reward some combination of the bigger four. Something along those lines...

DarkVoltz
09-20-2013, 03:49 PM
anybody on second reward yet?

ZERO_07
09-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Ok enough useless comments what are the best ways to get Dragon Scales?

Hakurou
09-20-2013, 03:57 PM

Dont know if it depends on lvl but i need to craft 60 armors.

Lifesavorz
09-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Ok enough useless comments what are the best ways to get each of the mats?
I'm not super annoyed with grinding, so I just grinded most of the basic stages (Theive's Cove, Relic Ruins etc.) but for the Valhallon Ingots I grinded Guardian's Crossing because the griffon thingies, i got like 10 per round. Coral Chunks from Sunken Carrack. Just my 2 cents though

iH8t2lose2
09-20-2013, 04:26 PM
I can confirm that level 2 is crafting 12 of each uncommon armor.

knights
09-20-2013, 04:51 PM
plenty of time to do these quests :) Thanks gree

ZERO_07
09-20-2013, 05:18 PM
I can confirm that level 2 is crafting 12 of each uncommon armor.
Thats 60 armors? And if Armories have armors already then how are we supposed to do that?

plenty of time to do these quests :) Thanks gree
Collecting 48 mats for each armor and crafting 12 of each is only the quest for the FIRST reward. No one knows what and how hard the next quest line for the next and last rewards will be.

BileJAR
09-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Thats 60 armors? And if Armories have armors already then how are we supposed to do that?

Collecting 48 mats for each armor and crafting 12 of each is only the quest for the FIRST reward. No one knows what and how hard the next quest line for the next and last rewards will be.

The Great Old One 3 requires you to collect:
60 snakeskins
60 Typhoon Gems
60 Shiny Shards
and 60 Chimera Talons.

Hakurou
09-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Use Gems to Speed up crafting?

ZERO_07
09-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Use Gems to Speed up crafting?
We have 60 Slots in our armories to hold armors, once that limit is reached we are unable to craft anymore. Now try again.

Lifesavorz
09-20-2013, 05:52 PM
You don't have to keep them. Once you have finished crafting them it records it in your quest.

-Solo-
09-20-2013, 05:53 PM
No one said you're suppose to have the 60 crafted armors in your inventory all at once. Fuse them away.

This is common sense. It's not even logical to be able to have all 60 in your inventory at once, first of all.

Angel of Death
09-20-2013, 06:25 PM
The Great Old One 3 requires you to collect:
60 snakeskins
60 Typhoon Gems
60 Shiny Shards
and 60 Chimera Talons.

Is the kingdom of darkness the best place to farm this mats? Or is it the normal stages of skeleton tomb, and etc.?

Then000bster
09-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Can we have a picture of this quest to confirm whether or not it's true? If this is #3 what is #2?

iH8t2lose2
09-20-2013, 07:00 PM
Can we have a picture of this quest to confirm whether or not it's true? If this is #3 what is #2?
Eunchorn has posted it on a seperate forum. Also, as I stated earlier, #2 is crafting 12 of each uncommon mono.

Tahimaka
09-20-2013, 07:19 PM
I made a thread about these quests when it first appeared, there's also pictures of the 1st 2 quests

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?67904-New-Quest-Line

busteroaf
09-20-2013, 07:59 PM
No one said you're suppose to have the 60 crafted armors in your inventory all at once. Fuse them away.

This is common sense. It's not even logical to be able to have all 60 in your inventory at once, first of all.

Were you honestly surprised this question came up though? You had to have known someone would ask it...

Common sense is so uncommon it should be considered a super power.

-Solo-
09-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Well, Gree lacks common sense so I guess we shouldn't expect it from some of the players that play their game :p

firefly333
09-20-2013, 08:22 PM
No one can say Gree does not keep us fully occupied and enjoying the game enough we want to do everything.

I wish I could finish this quest, but just isnt going to happen for me, bad timing.

I do love this game way too much and have let other games languish, and only playing a few others, because this game keeps me so entertained.

Kudos to Gree, even if bad timing for me.

Sol Invictus
09-20-2013, 08:33 PM
So...if 1is collecting materials. And 2 is crafting armor with those materials.

And 3 is collecting more materials...

EDIT: Nevermind...just saw that other thread. Does this thing really go up to 6? If not more? This is impossible to do in six days.

firefly333
09-20-2013, 08:38 PM
So...if 1is collecting materials. And 2 is crafting armor with those materials.

And 3 is collecting more materials...

yes, you collect 48 of each of the first materials, then you make 12 of each armor, then 3 is collecting 60 of each material as listed above .. and Im sure 4 is crafting all those armors.

Some in my guild are using gems to speed up the armor crafting, so Im sure others are too.

tollerach
09-20-2013, 10:04 PM
IMO I'm pretty pleased with this update. This quest line is a great improvement over all previous questing in this game. The rewards are much better and make doing each step worthwhile.

I hope there are more quests like this in the future. I'm not quite sure what they will entail since there are only so many things we can do on the current storyline. But I hoe they get creative or even add more story.

Hakurou
09-21-2013, 12:50 AM
We have 60 Slots in our armories to hold armors, once that limit is reached we are unable to craft anymore. Now try again.

Ok, given that i have only one armory and was tired when reading i someone associated the plural u used to armorsmiths, sry for that.

Sarn
09-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Ok, given that i have only one armory and was tired when reading i someone associated the plural u used to armorsmiths, sry for that.

You only have one armor smith? I would fix that asap

Hakurou
09-21-2013, 03:53 AM
You only have one armor smith? I would fix that asap

See, you made the same wrong association i did. He used armory as a Synonyme for the inventory thats where he got me mistaken too. Regarding armor Smiths i have 4.

Bumpain
09-21-2013, 04:13 AM
Don't get your hopes up so soon. The event consist of 3 STRINGS of quests, not 3 quests. We know the first 2 string is same where you farm materials and then craft them.

Based on having 2 armorsmiths, first string to farm and craft uncommon armours which should be achievable in 1 day for most players. 2nd string is same but for Rare armours, this will probably take 1 - 2 days. The 3rd string still remains unknown, but at this rate you may need to craft some Ultra rare armours which takes 1 day each, so the 3rd string may not be completable unless you spend gems

Zonkman1993
09-21-2013, 04:33 AM
Third tier of quest is collecting Phoenix feathers and hydra scales, then crafting them into armors.

Completely doable in 7 days (not 6 days-check the time stamp again)

Thank you, Sam, for this information. Some players don't sleep...

Bumpain
09-21-2013, 05:36 AM
Third tier of quest is collecting Phoenix feathers and hydra scales, then crafting them into armors.

Completely doable in 7 days (not 6 days-check the time stamp again)

Thank you, Sam, for this information. Some players don't sleep...

Just saw that thread, at least it's reassuring for me and there's plenty of time

mikieblue
09-21-2013, 05:41 AM
I'm upto tier 3 in a couple of hours. Just stone scale to go and already have the material. I'll post when I get there. 3hrs or so.

deathexe
09-21-2013, 05:45 AM
I'm upto tier 3 in a couple of hours. Just stone scale to go and already have the material. I'll post when I get there. 3hrs or so.

There's already info up to the 5th quest on the other thread if you want to take a look.

Marco_
09-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Chtulhu is in the event?

If you read the quests' conversation, Artie kind of seems to tell a story of something Chtulhu-ish looking...

gnolaum
09-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Also if you don't get the cloth on the first two and quit and restart that same level you get to keep your energy so you're guaranteed to be able to power attack the 2nd one (4 total attacks).

How do you quit and restart the same level?

DD freddy
09-21-2013, 07:49 AM
building a friendly power guild for actives please join if interested

deathexe
09-21-2013, 07:51 AM
building a friendly power guild for actives please join if interested

Not the right place for a recruitment post.

Bryanv2
09-21-2013, 07:53 AM
There are so many posts/threads so I'll ask it here.

First is this quest worth it? Sounds like it'l take really long.

Also second, what's the best way to approach number 1 for example. Do you guys just farm the stone's at Relic ruins or is there a better way?

All in all, really cool to see something unique in Knights again, nice

DD freddy
09-21-2013, 07:56 AM
cool love it

Mr Spock
09-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Guess I sleep too much as I am only crafting my uncommons... But loving every minute of it...

Nec772
09-21-2013, 09:17 AM
What would be the best ways to get the 60 Talons, Shards and Gems? Sparkling Steppes or Haunted Citadel, Guardian's Crossing or Zephyr Plateau, Writhing Cascades or Sunken Carrack.

What is everyone thinking?

blackheart5
09-21-2013, 10:08 AM
I feel citadel, carrack etc are better since they give you 3 each instead of 2 also found it helped when I was running low on health since when you lvl up all knights heal

Roark
09-21-2013, 10:13 AM
There's already info up to the 5th quest on the other thread if you want to take a look.

which thread? someone said Eunuchorn started the thread and I don't see one started by him about this quest

edit: his thread had a weird title and only included info on the 3rd, looking for 4th and 5th

Marco_
09-21-2013, 10:18 AM
which thread? someone said Eunuchorn started the thread and I don't see one started by him about this quest
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?67904-New-Quest-Line

Mr Spock
09-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Hey question is can I farm for snakeskin as an example and start forging it at the same time and get credit in the quest?

XBDMRRFPN
09-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Hey question is can I farm for snakeskin as an example and start forging it at the same time and get credit in the quest?
no you have to start the second one to be credited unless you finish farming all kinds before the armors are complete

Sarn
09-21-2013, 06:59 PM

Yes and no. You can start crafting early but only if it finishes crafting after you have the crafting quest. If it finishes crafting before you have the quest then it will not be counted.

So for example, I started crafting snakeskins when I knew I would be able to finish the collection quest and get the next quest within the two hour crafting timeframe.

Mr Spock
09-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys!

White Avenger
09-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Game is no longer fun. Too many quests that is a big chore fest. Feels like monotonous Job. Which means they are doing something wrong if I'm not having fun.

Ridge

BethMo
09-21-2013, 08:06 PM
How do you quit and restart the same level?

Watch the drops as you hit the two faeries. If there's no purple, quickly tap the X in the top corner of the screen before the third monster hits you. OK the dialog asking if you want to flee. Then tap the same stage again (it will be yellow, showing that you have a stage in progress) and you'll start back at the beginning of the same screen, with two fresh faeries and half a bar of energy. Do the same thing again; if still no drops, you'll have a full bar of energy when you come back in again and you can blast a faerie for the cloth.

Hakurou
09-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Game is no longer fun. Too many quests that is a big chore fest. Feels like monotonous Job. Which means they are doing something wrong if I'm not having fun.

Ridge

So, you are bored by the fact that you get rewarded for farming mats which is required anyway in order to lvl the boss armor? Then by all means dont do it.

~Nate~
09-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Ugh... All day sitting and clicking a sword button, I'm super bored .-.

Lelouch Lamperouge
09-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Ok quest three..... Get 60 snakeskin, typhoon gems, shiny shards, and talons, anyone know a quick way for a level 60 to farm these up so i can do the 5th quest with a good amount of time to work on it? (Looking on the wiki it was to get a lot of Phoenix feathers and hydra scales)

White Avenger
09-21-2013, 10:35 PM
So, you are bored by the fact that you get rewarded for farming mats which is required anyway in order to lvl the boss armor? Then by all means dont do it.

There is a big difference in faming Mats at your own pace. Than doing it non stop until your eyes hurt - then doing it again and again and again. Then not getting the "correct" drop 3 to 4 times in a row. Yeah just lots lots of fun here.

The casual fun has been sucked right out of the game.

Padrebaseball26
09-21-2013, 10:44 PM
any suggestions on where to farm the phoenix feathers and hh scales? I cant decide if its better to do a lower stage of the hh scale area, the epic stage of the hh scale area, or the normal stage of the swamp. Any suggestions?

gnolaum
09-21-2013, 11:28 PM
I think normal Blazing Tides and Caballero Desert are the way to go; but if someone has better I'd be glad to hear it.

I just wish the 102 Hydra Scales and 173 Phoenix Feathers I already have counted :P

Sabre
09-22-2013, 12:20 AM
I jaunt realised while farming, the total damage received though the stage is exactly the same for the knight you are using.

Zrednic
09-22-2013, 01:24 AM
I think normal Blazing Tides and Caballero Desert are the way to go; but if someone has better I'd be glad to hear it.

I just wish the 102 Hydra Scales and 173 Phoenix Feathers I already have counted :P

By my calculations, doing the first two stages of KoD Honor costs only marginally more (6/5) hp than doing the full normal run of BT and CD. It also MAY have a better drop chance, given that its honor level rather than normal. I am going to make the assumption that exp+drop rate compensate for the 20% more damage taken. I might be incorrect.

My calcs assume my own armors, but if I understand the damage formula at all, your total hp loss will probably be different but in the same ratio.

Edwinz
09-22-2013, 02:46 AM
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5576/of73.png

Try hunting at "kingdom of darkness" honor n epic stage.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/617/cavi.png

Last quest guess...

Sabre
09-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Wow! How did you do it so fast! :) Did you use gems?

Edwinz
09-22-2013, 03:04 AM
Yup I did. Use around 100+ gems left. As tmr gotta start working. Doesn't have time to hunt slowly. Anyy last quest I guess is a relaxing n easy quest. Good luck all :D

Sabre
09-22-2013, 04:23 AM
Thx. We will need it ;)

Victortoise
09-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Yup I did. Use around 100+ gems left. As tmr gotta start working. Doesn't have time to hunt slowly. Anyy last quest I guess is a relaxing n easy quest. Good luck all :D

Thanks :) What did you decide to use your gems on? HP refills or Crafting acceleration? Extra Armoursmith?

I'm thinking HP refills are the best option, since crafting is quite predictable and more about time management.

Hallius
09-22-2013, 11:55 AM
I have currently collected 46/60 talons and every time I collect more the quest won't update. Am now on 56/60 but it still says I'm only on 46/60!

Any help appreciated!!!

JMFL
09-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Is it my imagination or has Greed tweaked this game for this challenge? I might be wrong but it seems that I used to get a higher number of reward items in epic mode than in normal mode. Also weren't there fewer challenges in normal mode than in epic? Now they are all the same no matter what. Am I loosing it or can anyone else confirm this?

sir.chaos
09-22-2013, 12:30 PM
This is taking up my whole day, it better be worth it...!

Sol Invictus
09-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Umm....

http://i.minus.com/jxahFUzIklIZC.jpg (http://minus.com/lxahFUzIklIZC)
http://i.minus.com/jqdOancs05Vn7.jpg (http://minus.com/lqdOancs05Vn7)

Can anyone tell me what the rewards are? I finished 1, working on 2.

It looks to me like there are armor and key rewards, but I can't tell what is what. Obviously my rewards screen is bugged.

Danisha
09-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Can anyone tell me what the rewards are? I finished 1, working on 2.

It looks to me like there are armor and key rewards, but I can't tell what is what. Obviously my rewards screen is bugged.

3x air fusion & 5 enchanted keys for first

5 dark prince, 6 fusion stones and 6 air fusion for second

10 air fusion, 11 beast keys and 20 fusion stones for third..

Edwinz
09-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Thanks :) What did you decide to use your gems on? HP refills or Crafting acceleration? Extra Armoursmith?

I'm thinking HP refills are the best option, since crafting is quite predictable and more about time management.

I chose hp :)

tollerach
09-22-2013, 05:47 PM
I've found them very helpful to get a better idea of how long this quest is gonna take. With 4 open armorsmiths and already going on step 4, I should be all set.

Edwinz
09-22-2013, 07:49 PM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3571/0xng.png

Confirm thats there is only total 6 quest for this event. Enjoy.

Sol Invictus
09-22-2013, 08:44 PM
So, just to clarify...is no better way to get the second group of materials (Snakeskins, Typhoon Gems, Shiny Shards, Chimera Talons) than to farm them from their default locations (Skeleton's Tomb, Writhing Cascades, Guardian's Crossing, Sparkling Steppes)?

Or is there are there more efficient places to farm these materials where they will drop from regular enemies?

Nec772
09-22-2013, 08:47 PM
So, just to clarify...is no better way to get the second group of materials (Snakeskins, Typhoon Gems, Shiny Shards, Chimera Talons) than to farm them from their default locations (Skeleton's Tomb, Writhing Cascades, Guardian's Crossing, Sparkling Steppes)?

Or is there are there more efficient places to farm these materials where they will drop from regular enemies?

They don't drop from normal enemies. The only place to get them is the original locations or the higher levels that drop them instead of the 3 star stuff.

Musketeer
09-22-2013, 09:06 PM
I don't understand the people who are *****ing about this event. You don't have to take part if you don't want to.

For those that do, there's a chance of getting something nice from the chests, for playing a little more intensely for a few days. You get as far as you can with your current line up, and enjoy a few extra rewards for doing what you basically have to do to be playing the game.

I'm enjoying the event, and look forward to more like this.

Wolfgangs246
09-23-2013, 02:07 AM
I am totally loving this new quest aside from the relentless farming required. But then again it's a hell of a lot better than the 'pay to win only' option, so cest la vie!

I just hope this reward is a Cthulhu themed item or armor or something. Would be awesome. :)

NinjaMaster
09-23-2013, 02:33 AM
Congrats Edwinz on complete.
I am on the mat 60 and not getting anywhere on the shiny and talons....
I am doing epic on the default location,is there a better place to farm these?
Thanks

Edwinz
09-23-2013, 02:37 AM
Congrats Edwinz on complete.
I am on the mat 60 and not getting anywhere on the shiny and talons....
I am doing epic on the default location,is there a better place to farm these?
Thanks

Go hunt at Kingdom of darkness "epic stage" they give x3 and easier to hunt n fast and doesnt have to go tbrought lots of nonsense mob. Good luck.

http://s14.postimg.org/rynowkcy5/Screenshot_2013_09_23_17_39_15_2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/rynowkcy5/)

http://s17.postimg.org/qfq02ngu3/Screenshot_2013_09_23_17_39_15_1.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/qfq02ngu3/)

They can be spotted fast at stage 2 and 3. Save time n hp.

NinjaMaster
09-23-2013, 02:39 AM
Thanks mate, that was quick.... Just hope I have enough time to complete..lol

Sabre
09-23-2013, 02:59 AM
Personally, I just farm the normal versions of the normal locations of each, up to crafting the 60's, part 4.

Edwinz
09-23-2013, 03:02 AM
1)
http://s9.postimg.org/3mqelsh23/Screenshot_2013_09_23_17_46_10_1_2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/3mqelsh23/)

For hunting hydra scale. Highly recommend go to kindoms of darkness epic 1st stage and defeat swamp kraken which give x3, after defeat go out and repeat again.

http://s23.postimg.org/ujjzbarnr/Screenshot_2013_09_23_17_46_10_1_1.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/ujjzbarnr/)

If u wanna go for hydra u can go to honor stage at 2nd battle but drop rate is like 40/60 and it give only x2.

2)
http://s8.postimg.org/8vri0a21t/Screenshot_2013_09_23_17_46_10_2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/8vri0a21t/)

For phoenix feather. U can hunt at Kingdom of darkness honor stage 1st battle, but its drop rate is rather low... around 2 round out of 10round for my case, around 25% rate or low and worst part is that its only drop x2 only...

http://s18.postimg.org/3zn9klhs5/Screenshot_2013_09_23_17_45_56_1.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/3zn9klhs5/)

If possible aim for dark prince at kingdom of darkness epic stage 4th battle which drop rate for phoenix feather around 50/50 and its drop x3, but u have to go throught lots of boss. Good things is that u can gain lots of exp and lvl up fast.

Hope all my information given will help all. Also my solution may no be the best. If there is a better solution would like others to give n share it too. Good luck all. :D

Lord Of The Infernal
09-23-2013, 03:57 AM
+1 for edwinz i think KOD is the best place to hunt for hydra and phoenix

Sabre
09-23-2013, 04:09 AM
Just asking Edwinz, do you have to use special for kraken to drop hydra scales or just a normal attack?

deathexe
09-23-2013, 04:15 AM
Just asking Edwinz, do you have to use special for kraken to drop hydra scales or just a normal attack?

You need to finish it off with a special attack.

Sabre
09-23-2013, 04:18 AM
Oh ok, thx

Edwinz
09-23-2013, 04:37 AM
Yup use special. :)

gnolaum
09-23-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm pleasantly surprised that this quest is reasonable completable, by anyone with a standard setup (i.e. level 60+, big 4, 2-4 armories).

Musketeer
09-23-2013, 02:51 PM
1)
http://s9.postimg.org/3mqelsh23/Screenshot_2013_09_23_17_46_10_1_2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/3mqelsh23/)

For hunting hydra scale. Highly recommend go to kindoms of darkness epic 1st stage and defeat swamp kraken which give x3, after defeat go out and repeat again.

http://s23.postimg.org/ujjzbarnr/Screenshot_2013_09_23_17_46_10_1_1.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/ujjzbarnr/)

If u wanna go for hydra u can go to honor stage at 2nd battle but drop rate is like 40/60 and it give only x2.

2)
http://s8.postimg.org/8vri0a21t/Screenshot_2013_09_23_17_46_10_2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/8vri0a21t/)

For phoenix feather. U can hunt at Kingdom of darkness honor stage 1st battle, but its drop rate is rather low... around 2 round out of 10round for my case, around 25% rate or low and worst part is that its only drop x2 only...

http://s18.postimg.org/3zn9klhs5/Screenshot_2013_09_23_17_45_56_1.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/3zn9klhs5/)

If possible aim for dark prince at kingdom of darkness epic stage 4th battle which drop rate for phoenix feather around 50/50 and its drop x3, but u have to go throught lots of boss. Good things is that u can gain lots of exp and lvl up fast.

Hope all my information given will help all. Also my solution may no be the best. If there is a better solution would like others to give n share it too. Good luck all. :D

If you go through KoD Epic Stage all levels you can hit Swamp Kraken in the 1st stage for 3 Hydra Scales, and Prince in stage 4 (final stage) for 3 Phoenix Feathers.

Is this more efficient that hopping out after stage 1 of Epic and switching to KoD Honor Stage? I think it's worth trying, with a 50% greater material drop and a higher drop %age rate.

EljayK
09-23-2013, 02:54 PM
If you go through KoD Epic Stage all levels you can hit Swamp Kraken in the 1st stage for 3 Hydra Scales, and Prince in stage 4 (final stage) for 3 Phoenix Feathers.

Is this more efficient that hopping out after stage 1 of Epic and switching to KoD Honor Stage? I think it's worth trying, with a 50% greater material drop and a higher drop %age rate.

It is definitely worth a consideration. I was doing Epic, hop, Honor, hop, Epic hop...repeat. After even usage in the last 12 hours, I have 24 feathers and 54 scales. Feathers drop VERY rarely apparantly. It would probably be worth the HP to run to the end and try for Prince. Though I'm not sure how I'll feel when I realize I'm getting ANGRY to see Evil Gems.

ZERO_07
09-23-2013, 03:22 PM
So is KOD really the best method? I still feel the damage you would take and the reported low drop rates isn't worth it.

Zrednic
09-23-2013, 03:28 PM
The first fight of KoD epic deals less damage than the sum of misty Marsh levels. The drop rate of wriggling roots is terrible, so you get hydra scales all the time. I completed that stage of the quest in around 18 hours, farming scales in KoD and feathers from the normal level of the place that drops them normally.

flchamberlain
09-23-2013, 03:50 PM
The first stage of KoD epic seems to work really well for hydra scales--I was trying the first two stages KoD honor, and there's no comparison for scales. As Zrednic says, Misty Marsh seems worse as well. As far as Phoenix feathers go, the drop rate on KoD Honor is horrendous, and the hit points cost of doing all of KoD epic is quite high. I'm finding that Tides Valor has a pretty decent drop rate and while it takes longer than KoD is much cheaper hp-wise.

Edwinz
09-23-2013, 04:13 PM

Yes its worth for me :D but for me is hunt down first feather than hydra scale.

ZERO_07
09-23-2013, 04:52 PM
I got 51 Hydra Scales in 40 mins on KoD Epic thanks to leveling up just as my 6th Knight was going to die.

This was so much easier to farm than Chimera Talons...

Sol Invictus
09-23-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm still farming Shiny Shards. It's taking forever. I planned on stopping after 3/4 anyways, but I will obviously have no choice. I might not even make it that far.

What has worked best for me is farming Guardian's Crossing on Epic. Normal doesn't yield enough Shards (Valhallan Ingots 70% of the time) and Kingdom of Darkness wears down my HP too much.

Dexavus
09-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Hydra scales were very simple doing epic kingdom first stage over and over, the feathers on the other hand were a major pain in the ass and would rather never see that place again -.-

Marco_
09-24-2013, 06:27 AM
I got 51 Hydra Scales in 40 mins on KoD Epic thanks to leveling up just as my 6th Knight was going to die.
I'm only doing KoD Epic with my useless water knight in Swamp+ and a Forgestone friend for the XP and any scales or feathers are a bonus. I'm sending the other 5 to Tides and Marsh.
I don't have the armors to get a levelup from 6 knights of health at KoD Epic...

Musketeer
09-24-2013, 09:29 AM
On the whole I'm now favoring NOT doing the whole KoD run, but getting my feathers in the Blazing Tides Mighty Stage.

To go through KoD Epic in full I have to use 2 knights full health bar, and more than 1/2 of my main, for a possible 3 feathers. For B Tides I can use the second knight about 1/2 health bar, wait a short time and run him again. I think the odds are better overall for me there.

It does come down to having the right armors. For any fire-based sections the Mono Leviathan would be useful but I was so burned out I never bothered. I should have about 1/2 the required materials after 24 hours trying, so unless I have rotten luck with drops I should finish Quest 5 with ample time for the final craftings.

Don't forget, if you're not using your friends against the Epic Boss anymore, they can really help out in this quest.

Lord Of The Infernal
09-24-2013, 09:37 AM
On the whole I'm now favoring NOT doing the whole KoD run, but getting my feathers in the Blazing Tides Mighty Stage.

To go through KoD Epic in full I have to use 2 knights full health bar, and more than 1/2 of my main, for sa possibel 3 feathers. For B Tides I can use the second knight about 1/2 health bar, wait a short time and run him again. I think the odds are better overall for me there.

It does come down to having the right armors. For any fire-based sections the Mono Leviathan would be useful but I was so burned out I never bothered. I should have about 1/2 the required materials after 24 hours trying, so unless I have rotten luck with drops I should finish Quest 5 with ample time for the final craftings.

Don't forget, if you're not using your friends against the Epic Boss anymore, they can really help out in this quest.

说的非常好,Well said

galvan626
09-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Finished it just waiting for the beast cheast.

NinjaMaster
09-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Out of interest what time is required for the last stage? I am still trying to farm feathers and hydras. This is killing me...literally..lol

Synovia
09-24-2013, 01:22 PM
The first fight of KoD epic deals less damage than the sum of misty Marsh levels. The drop rate of wriggling roots is terrible, so you get hydra scales all the time. I completed that stage of the quest in around 18 hours, farming scales in KoD and feathers from the normal level of the place that drops them normally.

This.

It took me maybe two sets of health to collect all the hydra scales just running KoD Epic 1. It took me significantly longer to get the feathers. Burning Tides Honor is definitely quicker than trying KoD Honor, or KoD Epic 4

hungerdowns
09-24-2013, 01:22 PM
These farming/crafting quests are seriously eating into my time. *Sigh* And i just got gta 5 too. Well I've been just playing xbox while tapping fight every so often. Uses a bit more time, but at least this way I don't start hating my phone. Oh and while I'm at it we've got several spots just opened in my guild. Guild name: Internal Balance. Guild level: 28 (or will be in a day or so). Element bonus': All 6% and spirit at 7%. My friend code: WBB-CRQ-QFM. Requirements to apply (and be accepted): Active players of level 60 or more (many of us are at max stats), and decent armors of 3 star or higher that are at or near max. Further requirement: The chat app 'LINE' available for free in the play store. Line chat group name: Internal Balance. Add LINE user ids: hungerdowns, tharkin, wingy (if you have issues adding us then add me in-game and apply. we'll figure out the problem.)

-Solo-
09-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Can I have your phone number while you're at it?

Nec772
09-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Getting these Phoenix Feathers are a big pain. I'm almost done with Hydra scales not even half way with feathers.

DonutEnigma
09-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Definitely second the kod epic + tides mighty run. I'm 26% finished with part 5 as of an hour ago. Started it at noon today. Should easily get reward 3 at this rate. For kod epic, take 1 knight + 1 friend (if you're not super powerful), repeat 10 times.

Jayleo
09-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Hello fello knights, i am looking for INDUVIDUAL players that are looking for an active social guild, we were top 75 in the heaven war and top 55 om the last guild war. We have 5 spots left for some really active players who spend some gems and are level 50+
If you are interested in joining add me on the ios app "Line" Ayejuju
Message me from here
Or join our guild instead ayereadyaye

Looking forward to seeing you guys joining up

Edwinz
09-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Hello fello knights, i am looking for INDUVIDUAL players that are looking for an active social guild, we were top 75 in the heaven war and top 55 om the last guild war. We have 5 spots left for some really active players who spend some gems and are level 50+
If you are interested in joining add me on the ios app "Line" Ayejuju
Message me from here
Or join our guild instead ayereadyaye

Looking forward to seeing you guys joining up

Wrong place to post pals . :)

Dagobah
09-24-2013, 07:38 PM
Anyone else notice that the arena reward is phoenix feathers! For placing 1501 or worse to 5000 you get 6 feathers.
You will still have 16-18 hours to craft the armours.
I hope to not be so desperate but if you are that close and feathers are that annoying to get then this may be a consideration.

cafedecoy
09-24-2013, 08:33 PM
are you sure that the materials you "earn" and not "mined" will count? I ask because in the middle of mining I had opened some chests, and the materials I won from the chests did not count towards the quest requirement tally.

Phoenix feather mining was fastest for me when I finished the first stage of honor level @ Kingdom of Darkness, quit, repeat.

Also, I dumped some of my friends (didn't need them anymore, done with boss; no plans to go past lv 43) to go all the way to the end on Kingdom of darkness, epic level. The first stage is supposed to give you wriggling roots, but it has a very high fail rate, and you get three hydra scales instead. The fourth stage is supposed to give you evil jewels, but it has even a higher fail rate, and you get three phoenix feathers instead.

So yeah, it seems like I got more bang when I aimed to capitalize on the "fail" rates, rather than success rates!

Brutal1977
09-24-2013, 10:53 PM
are you sure that the materials you "earn" and not "mined" will count? I ask because in the middle of mining I had opened some chests, and the materials I won from the chests did not count towards the quest requirement tally.

I opened a chest (silver key or E key, I forget) and the mats I found inside counted. Two shiny shards. They kinda stood out on the quest page while trying to get chimera talons... I did them in reverse order for whatever reason. I don't think I got anymore mats from chests aside from those, at least not when I needed them.

Victortoise
09-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Yeah, that's strange. Chest prizes definitely count, I got 14 mats from my keys from the first reward tier and silver keys, gave me a nice head start.

In other news, I just figured out why we call them 'mats' ._.

anuarreyes
09-25-2013, 06:03 AM
How much time crafting the last part took? Im missing some scales and then off to craft

EljayK
09-25-2013, 06:09 AM
How much time crafting the last part took? Im missing some scales and then off to craft

14 armors, so 28 total hours.

With 4 armor smiths active 8 hours.
With 3 armor smiths active 10 hours.
With 2 armor smiths active 14 hours.

Musketeer
09-25-2013, 08:15 AM

I got materials from chests during the quests and they did count.

My last batch of armors is cooking right now, so I'll have all 6 quests done with 2 days to spare. I did burn through about 70 potions during part 3 which will take a while to restock, but I was pleased to finally have a good reason to use them.

anuarreyes
09-25-2013, 09:02 AM
14 armors, so 28 total hours.

With 4 armor smiths active 8 hours.
With 3 armor smiths active 10 hours.
With 2 armor smiths active 14 hours.

Thx! I think I will be able to make it just in time

NinjaMaster
09-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Lol, I am still trying to farm feathers, been at it for approximately one day now. Honour on epic and tides seems both to be as bad as one another.. Just hope I have time to complete....

Lacerator
09-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Finished yesterday afternoon. No gems needed :) Thanks Gree!

Sarah 101
09-25-2013, 03:10 PM
God , I was at level 72 ,now at crafting hydra and phonix .thanks gree I like this kind of quest I'm now level 90 💪

leale
09-25-2013, 04:04 PM
went from level 105 to level 122 just doing this quest chain

tylerbass92
09-26-2013, 10:19 AM
I bet I have 1302 mystic cloth scraps.
C'mon phoenix feathers!

IrisAtlast
09-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Crafting my last armors to to finish last quest and I've already spent 200 gems saved up >_<

Reiflame
09-27-2013, 07:46 PM
I set my last three armors to craft this morning before I went to work this morning and when I came home.....nothing. I guess you have to click on "equip now" or "later" for the armor to "officially" be done? I feel like I just wasted 4 days. Thanks Gree.

Edwinz
09-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Maybe ur late to craft finish for the event as yesterday event already close..

Reiflame
09-27-2013, 08:06 PM
No. It was still going this morning in EST.

BethMo
09-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Armor doesn't count as finished until you enter the game and get the popup.

Fts91
09-27-2013, 08:49 PM
These farming/crafting quests are seriously eating into my time. *Sigh* And i just got gta 5 too. Well I've been just playing xbox while tapping fight every so often. Uses a bit more time, but at least this way I don't start hating my phone. Oh and while I'm at it we've got several spots just opened in my guild. Guild name: Internal Balance. Guild level: 28 (or will be in a day or so). Element bonus': All 6% and spirit at 7%. My friend code: WBB-CRQ-QFM. Requirements to apply (and be accepted): Active players of level 60 or more (many of us are at max stats), and decent armors of 3 star or higher that are at or near max. Further requirement: The chat app 'LINE' available for free in the play store. Line chat group name: Internal Balance. Add LINE user ids: hungerdowns, tharkin, wingy (if you have issues adding us then add me in-game and apply. we'll figure out the problem.)

is it android? and whats your guild rank

Fts91
09-27-2013, 08:52 PM
IMO I'm pretty pleased with this update. This quest line is a great improvement over all previous questing in this game. The rewards are much better and make doing each step worthwhile.

I hope there are more quests like this in the future. I'm not quite sure what they will entail since there are only so many things we can do on the current storyline. But I hoe they get creative or even add more story.

at least there not making us directly buy more gems and I was able to gain like 15 levels or so from quest ;)

blueyes
09-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Agreed I leveled up a lot...I just hope I can get another epic from chest to make wasting my life on a game worth it.