PDA

View Full Version : Where are the mods???

kingofwale
09-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Did all the mods all the sudden just disappeared from the face of Crime City?

Ever since the beginning of the new Epic Boss event. I don't recall seeing any of them.

Should we start forming a search party?

craftytempter
09-20-2013, 10:28 AM
I have a flash light

cditti
09-20-2013, 10:30 AM
We don't need no stinkin mods!

Dipstik
09-20-2013, 10:54 AM
We don't need no stinkin mods!

It's Friday! Where's upsman?

mxz
09-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Its been too long since him and B put on a little play for us.

Dipstik
09-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Mods are asleep! Post some bands!

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5005854216224853&pid=15.1

Antheus
09-20-2013, 11:10 AM
...perfect engine on autopilot ......simple...

187omni
09-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Maybe just maybe ... they r all out working hard to improve the game ?

kingofwale
09-20-2013, 11:24 AM

a... mods aren't programers.

b... if they actually put some effort into it, this game wouldn't be glitching so much

Dipstik
09-20-2013, 11:25 AM

Yes, that's got to be it...

Game Developer A: "Herp Derp! I can't get this subroutine to work!"
Game Developer B: "Hey I got an idea... let's go get the people in charge of moderating the web forum to help us!"

nazgul
09-20-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm working on it! Approximately 5 million things apparently happened last week. Posting to you guys is only one tiny aspect of my job here, if this was all I did I think I'd post a lot more, haha.
Emphasis mine.

But I am very puzzled about the lack of communication from GREE. I wonder why they choose to keep us in the dark about new game features or goals and such.

Why would they choose not to tell us ahead of time that the upcoming LTB only started at $2.5M, giving players with lower IpH the chance to go farther than ever before? Does it lessen the game experience? How about when the second part of the syndicate boss event would start? Or what kind of LTQ is coming this weekend? Or what the new boss health levels/XP are? Would advance notice really ruin the game for everyone?

Personally, I don't think so. I think it would promote strategic planning and coordination, making the game even more fun (and social, too).

I'm not suggesting that they do market research or focus group testing here, although I'm sure some people here would think that a good idea. But tell us what's coming up! Make us excited about it! Create some buzz other than "Any word on the next LTB?"

Dipstik
09-20-2013, 11:50 AM
They should never tell us the details on the new LTB, and honestly, I think they should come out at random times instead of a day or two after each war. You say you want to plan ahead... you mean you want it to be easy.

187omni
09-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Yes, that's got to be it...

Game Developer A: "Herp Derp! I can't get this subroutine to work!"
Game Developer B: "Hey I got an idea... let's go get the people in charge of moderating the web forum to help us!"

i assume this is how the last min teir change happened

nazgul
09-20-2013, 12:08 PM
They should never tell us the details on the new LTB, and honestly, I think they should come out at random times instead of a day or two after each war. You say you want to plan ahead... you mean you want it to be easy.
That was just one example. Maybe it's for the best to keep us in the dark, then. What do I know?

The point I utterly failed to make was that we're left guessing about the motivations behind the changes and additions to the game being made, which ultimately seems to lead people here to assume the worst. How many posts have you read where people call them "GREEd" or "GREEdy"?

In contrast, remember the response in this thread?
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?68456-Tier-Bracket-Change-For-West-Side-Battle
Overwhelmingly positive feedback, just for acknowledging our frustrations and treating us like valued customers. I'm just saying that I believe more posts like that would be appreciated. Don't you?

Randolph
09-20-2013, 01:26 PM
I say Lets make dippy and BM the new mods lol (one for smugness and one for Logic)

Dipstik
09-20-2013, 01:34 PM
BM isn't smug at all.

CohibAA
09-20-2013, 01:43 PM
All the mods quit so I got hired. Nice to meet you guys.

Thank goodness!

;)

Dipstik
09-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Unlike the people who came before me, I will not ban people and instead give an infinite amount of verbal warnings unless I get really pissed. I won't be locking any threads either because well you know, entertainment.

Finally... a mod who understands that all we really want here is the lulz! I, for one, welcome our new apathetic overlord.

Randolph
09-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Why did they quit or are you upholding the tos and dont talk about that lol

Randolph
09-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Btw does this mean the old mods have beaten the game? Lol congrats

Sirius
09-20-2013, 02:07 PM
We are still here folks! Thanks for asking thou. :cool:

CohibAA
09-20-2013, 02:09 PM

Just in time!

:rolleyes:

SilentAssassin
09-20-2013, 02:14 PM

Can you please give us updates on all the known issues? Thanks in advance

Stooboot
09-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Did all the mods all the sudden just disappeared from the face of Crime City?

Ever since the beginning of the new Epic Boss event. I don't recall seeing any of them.

Should we start forming a search party?

break some tos I bet they'll ban u with in 30 mins. Thats how they work... or should I say dont work

MattThomas08
09-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Can you please give us updates on all the known issues? Thanks in advance

Syria is all like, "hey man, it's cool, we didn't do anything." The US is like, "Bro, that's BS, we got you on camera." Syria's like, "Nuh uh man, it wasn't me" (channeling their inner Shaggy) and "I didn't do it" (channeling their inner Bart Simpson).

Then Russia was all, "Ayyyy Comrades! Y u pickin on my little cousin, Bro? He didn't even do anything! Wait, he did? Well what if he says he's sorry?"

Obama's like "No dude, I, we, they drew a line in the sand and he crossed it. You knows you cants be doin that. Ima haft a bust him up. Lemme ask mom if that's cool". Omama (Congress) said, "Son, use your words". So then Obama said, "if he's really sincere when he apologizes, then maybe".

So Syria gets all smug and goes, "OH WE ARE SOOOOOOOOO SORRY GUYS."

US response forthcoming.

You've now been updated on the known issues.

ploop
09-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Syria is all like, "hey man, it's cool, we didn't do anything." The US is like, "Bro, that's BS, we got you on camera." Syria's like, "Nuh uh man, it wasn't me" (channeling their inner Shaggy) and "I didn't do it" (channeling their inner Bart Simpson).

Then Russia was all, "Ayyyy Comrades! Y u pickin on my little cousin, Bro? He didn't even do anything! Wait, he did? Well what if he says he's sorry?"

Obama's like "No dude, I, we, they drew a line in the sand and he crossed it. You knows you cants be doin that. Ima haft a bust him up. Lemme ask mom if that's cool". Omama (Congress) said, "Son, use your words". So then Obama said, "if he's really sincere when he apologizes, then maybe".

US response forthcoming.

lol.wait, if the mods quit, why is sirius here. did everybody but him quit.

Dipstik
09-20-2013, 02:41 PM
lol.wait, if the mods quit, why is sirius here. did everybody but him quit.

Wow... Sloooooooow.

Timmaaay
09-20-2013, 02:45 PM
MT, did you ever catch The Oatmeal's comic about Syria? Pretty funny too.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/syria

US response forthcoming.

Randolph
09-20-2013, 02:47 PM
+1 to dippy :-)

Assault and Flattery
09-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Sorry guys, I'm really busy and trying to catch up on other stuff. I'm getting event stuff together.

Deadwater
09-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Sorry guys, I'm really busy and trying to catch up on other stuff. I'm getting event stuff together.

Ohh I can't wait..
Info on the boss event and upcoming LTQ that suppose to start today would be awesome reads.

AK-47
09-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Ohh I can't wait..
Info on the boss event and upcoming LTQ that suppose to start today would be awesome reads.
All the info on the boss event is already posted... What more do you want?? Exact health of each boss? Not going to ever happen.

I agree with Dippy's comment about people wanting to "plan ahead" is just them wanting things easy, and to be handed to them. Most of the whiners on this forum remind me of the "If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to want a glass of milk to go with it" story. We get new stuff, and days later people are already asking for more.... Very sad.

Dipstik
09-20-2013, 03:22 PM
All the info on the boss event is already posted... What more do you want?? Exact health of each boss? Not going to ever happen.

I agree with Dippy's comment about people wanting to "plan ahead" is just them wanting things easy, and to be handed to them. Most of the whiners on this forum remind me of the "If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to want a glass of milk to go with it" story. We get new stuff, and days later people are already asking for more.... Very sad.

I hate that book. The obvious idea is that the mouse's desires will form a loop, but they don't. At the end he gets the milk before the cookie.

AK-47
09-20-2013, 03:29 PM
I hate that book. The obvious idea is that the mouse's desires will form a loop, but they don't. At the end he gets the milk before the cookie.
Amen. The whiners on this forum are just like that b@stard mouse :cool:

And now that A&F has posted some info for them, which takes ALL the surprise out of this game btw(except of course extending the brackets the last couple mins of war rofl) how long until they start moaning for some more?