PDA

View Full Version : GREE - please advise on the latest iOS process to transfer CC to a new device

Fredfreddy
09-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Hi GREE, could you please share the latest process to go from an old iOS device to a new iOS device? The new iPhone comes out today so you'll probably see an uptick of this need.

Jtstar7439
09-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Hopefully someone posts something on this as I just ordered my new 5S today....

budman68
09-20-2013, 09:00 AM
That would require a response from mods...sadly we have none unless you post questionable pictures or comments. Children will run amok.

Fredfreddy
09-23-2013, 04:47 AM
According to my friends at FedEx, a shiny new iPhone will arrive at my house today. Would be awesome to get a reply to this.

potvin
09-23-2013, 08:45 PM
According to my friends at FedEx, a shiny new iPhone will arrive at my house today. Would be awesome to get a reply to this.

Should be able to use the transfer game tab in CC if its going from ios to ios and android to android. If its not you have to contact support

Fredfreddy
09-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Should be able to use the transfer game tab in CC if its going from ios to ios and android to android. If its not you have to contact support

The transfer feature was removed from iOS quite a while back. The phone is here, just gonna try an iCloud restore tomorrow and cross fingers.

Fredfreddy
09-24-2013, 06:32 AM
Bumping as a hail Mary. Gonna kick of my next Big Top upgrade in an hour and try the backup/restore process as described here:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?60953-Update-regarding-iOS-transfers

That thread only 2 months old, and I don't believe there have been any groundbreaking changes to CC or iTunes since, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Jtstar7439
09-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Bumping as a hail Mary. Gonna kick of my next Big Top upgrade in an hour and try the backup/restore process as described here:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?60953-Update-regarding-iOS-transfers

That thread only 2 months old, and I don't believe there have been any groundbreaking changes to CC or iTunes since, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Any luck???

Fredfreddy
09-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Didn't work. Ticket in. Fortunately my old iphone can still use CC on wifi in the meantime so I have access to my hood while they do the work.

Cobra Shuttle
09-24-2013, 02:48 PM
When I got an iphone 5 replacement gree was able to transfer my game in less than a day. This was back in May euphemism they still had the account transfer in the game unlike now.

MissD
09-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Bumping this - my phone screen has stopped working and I've been waiting for days for Gree to do the transfer, I'm scared they'll NEVER get to it because of all the new iPhone 5S phones that will start flowing in, and therefore all the requests to transfer the game to the new phones.

Restore does NOT work - on any device. Gree needs to do this manually because we can no longer do it for ourselves.

The last time I needed a transfer it took over a month. This sux :(

GU7 F4WK3S
09-24-2013, 04:50 PM
I sent through a transfer request yesterday. I got a response telling me to back up my old device to cloud than using my new device set things up to restore from that back up. I'm going from iPad to iPhone though and everything I read on here suggested that wouldn't work? I tried and it didn't.

I will mark support down as a minor fail there.

My ticket was sent from my new device.
It included a screen shot of the account I wanted moved from my ipad and the details of the garbage account and new phone I had to set up on my new device to file the ticket.

In my reply I added my last login times to both accounts and let her know when I last bought gold and how much. Hopefully that's enough.

This process however has me wondering if accounts getting hacked might just be a case of GREE/Support just transferring them over to someone else on request? I hope they have safeguards against that but really...yeah...

Will keep you posted.

Gingeasian
09-24-2013, 04:52 PM
just wondering does anyone know if you can transfer a bluestacks account to your android or ios device

bobtodd
09-24-2013, 04:53 PM
gree can you answer us . your costumer service is terrible

Fredfreddy
09-24-2013, 05:03 PM
FWIW I followed the backup/restore instructions verbatim, I followed Apple's official process at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2109

GU7 F4WK3S
09-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Pretty sure I've f'd this up good. I tried using the steps link exactly and it didn't work. Than I downloaded the non-hd version and tried again. Now I've lost my noob game (the one I asked them to transfer to/replace). I'm going to assume that they will transfer my game to the lost account that I can no longer access?

I'm just about done with this sh!t.

bobtodd
09-24-2013, 06:35 PM
you and everybody else

Fredfreddy
09-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Pretty sure I've f'd this up good. I tried using the steps link exactly and it didn't work. Than I downloaded the non-hd version and tried again. Now I've lost my noob game (the one I asked them to transfer to/replace). I'm going to assume that they will transfer my game to the lost account that I can no longer access?

I'm just about done with this sh!t.

Ugh, that sucks. I decided to just leave everything alone and wait for their magic, hopefully won't be too long but I'd bet there are plenty of folks who also bought the new iPhone

London Town
09-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Just send a ticket in and let gree do the work

MissD
09-25-2013, 04:29 PM
This is how you get a response from Gree (after days and days of outright, unashamed BEGGING, out of pure desperation I managed to actually fix my broken iPhone myself).

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s34/sh/d6f3e6a3-41c0-4c99-bec3-f3523442ddb0/a5c6ff6755083350260722ec4e579852/deep/0/GREE.png

DoubleR7
09-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Error lol...

DoubleR7
09-25-2013, 04:35 PM
When the iOS UDID was disabled, I sent in a ticket to GREE and within a day, they had my account back on my phone from my iPad. When I went from the 4 to the 5, I followed the restore process to a 't' and successfully transferred my account from my 4 to 5 without support. Not sure why I was able to but others aren't

Im Jahova
09-25-2013, 04:49 PM
If I was getting a new phone I would make another awesome mini off my new phone

Fredfreddy
09-27-2013, 11:31 AM
For the record, opened a ticket Tuesday night, got a reply Thursday night, account transferred as of noonish on Friday. So I'm good to go.

Assault and Flattery
09-27-2013, 11:34 AM
3.8.2 has the Funzio ID back in. If you don't have your old device to do the transfer yourself, please contact support with your old and new game information. If you've made purchases on the account, provide receipts so they know it's actually your account.

Gingeasian
09-27-2013, 11:49 AM
A&F I know Gree doesnt support Bluestacks but is there a way to transfer from Bluestacks to Android or ios

Assault and Flattery
09-27-2013, 11:53 AM
We can do it manually, but can't guarantee that your game won't be horribly corrupted or something.

Gingeasian
09-27-2013, 11:54 AM
We can do it manually, but can't guarantee that your game won't be horribly corrupted or something.
Thank You A&F