PDA

View Full Version : What do you feel about the way Gree planned this Boss event?

kingofwale
09-20-2013, 06:30 AM
Now Im going to start by saying I actually like some of the changes to this Epic boss

- made it a little more fair
- liked the better items higher you go

However it's the 'planning' I absolutely detest! Gree intentionally avoided telling us about different parts. More so, no hits were carried over from between part 1 and 2. What is the point of that??

My team probably did over 900, but now screwed because we have to start from 0/300 again.

nazgul
09-20-2013, 06:33 AM
I think it's symptomatic of the overall bigger issue of the lack of communication from GREE.

Bu1wink1e
09-20-2013, 06:41 AM
I voted no, simply cause Gree so messed up the presentation. Yes they had a one after the name of the first Syn Boss Event, but then they didn't present any indication of continuation and many of my syndicate's member powered on thru while they had time to play, now we are trying to gather enthusiasm to keep pushing to get the goal again. Not as easy as it was the first time, but if we'd know it was a multi-part event then this could have been presented to members and we could have taken measures to ensure we could complete and have fun, at this point its become a job. Who want to make CC a job to play??? Not I.

The rewards are nice and the mechanics seem to be about part with what is expected.

budman68
09-20-2013, 06:42 AM
I think it's symptomatic of the overall bigger issue of the lack of communication from GREE.
I agree 100% on this! I don't mind how boss event evolved. That is all part of the game. But when you tie it in to a syndicate event. Which gree says nothing at all. Then the fact that boss you gave eliminated are not concurrant. Gree mods being silent show they are the good coroporate puppets that they are and say nothing. Get more gold out of them! Maybe if i offer 5 gold i could get an answer? Probably not enough.

jmeijer
09-20-2013, 06:46 AM
I like it. Everyone could see the roman numerals, so it was clear to me that this was not the only boss for syndicates.

kingofwale
09-20-2013, 06:47 AM
I agree 100% on this! I don't mind how boss event evolved. That is all part of the game. But when you tie it in to a syndicate event. Which gree says nothing at all. Then the fact that boss you gave eliminated are not concurrant. Gree mods being silent show they are the good coroporate puppets that they are and say nothing. Get more gold out of them! Maybe if i offer 5 gold i could get an answer? Probably not enough.

absolutely agree.. I instantly lost all my respect for all of them.

BigMoney
09-20-2013, 06:49 AM
Well to be fair, the boss event didn't crash my game upon updating and lock me out for 12 hours afterwards, so technically the planning and execution of this event were above average from GREE.

Mack The Knife
09-20-2013, 06:58 AM
I like it. Everyone could see the roman numerals, so it was clear to me that this was not the only boss for syndicates.

Same.

I think a lot of syndicates stumbled as was probably intended. Now everyone will refine their approach and know better for next time.

GU7 F4WK3S
09-20-2013, 07:02 AM
It's funny how when syndicates first started GREE used the words strategy. We know and accepted than that strategy meant spend gold.

I doubt GREE 'Planned' it like this but after last battle it should have become apparent that the 'strategy' changed to be along the lines of hold your gold. Be the tortoise not the hare.

The Boss event has run really well for me and I think much more fair to high level accounts so in that regards a well planned event. It's the implementation that I think has everyone's panties in a bunch.

sister morphine
09-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Now Im going to start by saying I actually like some of the changes to this Epic boss

- made it a little more fair
- liked the better items higher you go

However it's the 'planning' I absolutely detest! Gree intentionally avoided telling us about different parts. More so, no hits were carried over from between part 1 and 2. What is the point of that??

My team probably did over 900, but now screwed because we have to start from 0/300 again.
The communication could have been better, but come on - running part 2 straight after part 1 would have been a joke. For a full 60-strong syndicate knocking off 300 bosses collectively would be as easy as falling off a log, and not too tough for ones between 30 to 50 strong either.

Having the second part straight off for a 60-strong group who would average 5 bosses each to complete part 1, so they'd need to do 10 each to win part 2 would be a joke. The choice would be between having to kill twice as many bosses for part 2 - which would justifiably bring a storm of complaints from smaller syndicates, or chucking it in unannounced with an equal number of kills required.

How many in the OP's syndicate? 900 is only 15 each for a maxed out group. Are you saying you can't reach 20 each.

My syndicate has only my 2 accounts in it, so unless I moved out to hook up with others I don't have a chance to get to even part 1, but that's my hard cheese for the choice I made in the game to prioritise my free time over playing crime city 24/7

Mack The Knife
09-20-2013, 07:05 AM
If I were the people planning the release and I was at all in touch with how syndicates approach events, I would know that by not making it overly apparent that this is a multi-part event that people would rush headlong through.

The result, is that they'll be more inclined to spend gold on tiers two and three which is where I think most syndicates will have to call it quits.

All that is to say. I would have done it the exact same way if my goal was to get players spending on this event.

cditti
09-20-2013, 07:07 AM
If once you beat Run 1 you were reset then started over as soon as you made the goal like ever other event almost. Instead most got all there hits in to make it harder on RUN 2 and above. I guess maybe that was the plan but a heads up would benefit everyone.

Mack The Knife
09-20-2013, 07:08 AM
The communication could have been better, but come on - running part 2 straight after part 1 would have been a joke. For a full 60-strong syndicate knocking off 300 bosses collectively would be as easy as falling off a log, and not too tough for ones between 30 to 50 strong either.

Having the second part straight off for a 60-strong group who would average 5 bosses each to complete part 1, so they'd need to do 10 each to win part 2 would be a joke. The choice would be between having to kill twice as many bosses for part 2 - which would justifiably bring a storm of complaints from smaller syndicates, or chucking it in unannounced with an equal number of kills required.

How many in the OP's syndicate? 900 is only 15 each for a maxed out group. Are you saying you can't reach 20 each.

My syndicate has only my 2 accounts in it, so unless I moved out to hook up with others I don't have a chance to get to even part 1, but that's my hard cheese for the choice I made in the game to prioritise my free time over playing crime city 24/7
I agree with your analysis

zwiswoo
09-20-2013, 07:20 AM

That's fine. Plus it could have been guessed from the fact that the event lasts 5-6 days and part 1 was only a day.

The unpleasant surprises were
a) Gree not counting hits accumulated in between the parts and
b) the second part being identical to the first (goal/stats).

Plus they still haven't locked syndicates, opening the way for simple if tedious tricks.

bald zeemer
09-20-2013, 07:22 AM
What we have to remember is that not all syndicates are running into the time-based aspect as an instance of having to wait in order to start the next quest. Some syndicate are pushed to hit it, and therefore would have to up gold spend to reach each level. Those are likely to be on-the-cusp syndicates (ie, some gold users, many free players). From that POV I can see the reasoning behind it.

Believe me, I certainly don't like waiting to get a crack at a new event, but I think this is less a case of failure of implementation and more a case of aiming dangling carrots at progressively higher synds, starting with the free(ish) players.

GravyTrain
09-20-2013, 07:32 AM
I voted yes even though it would have been nice to have more info from Gree. We held back a little for boss 2. But could have held off more.

This will be my first boss event in the dreaded tier 5. So far I have noticed that I will have my two best boss 8k weapons ever and if I could afford it a possibility of the best prize ever.

Gree has done a nice job of this as the syndicate quests are much more rewarding as a team and more fun than solo missions.

Not sure what the uproar is about, even in a free syndicate you could get a 8k weapon or 2.

nazgul
09-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Plus they still haven't locked syndicates, opening the way for simple if tedious tricks.

True, but I think the points stay with the syndicate now. Looking at the goal ranking, I thought I saw something like <former member> with point next to it.

I can't check now to verify, because I jumped syndicates, lol.

Vile Lynn
09-20-2013, 09:40 AM

I agree... would have been nice to have the boss kills count in between Syndicate Goals!

And letting us know the rules of this new boss style event would have been nice... and having the Syn Goals be consecutive would have been nice... what else won't be nice?

IvanDrago
09-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Voted yes. I like the fact that they didn't do the syndicate goals back to back. Forces teams to be more strategic, and more importantly, patient. There were indicators and people were posting speculation that there would be more than one stage, so I don't think we can be upset that we weren't officially informed. We've just gotten accustomed to every event being laid out for us right at the start.

KillaCogz718
09-20-2013, 10:45 AM

This would be a good point, however, not everyone had the title with the roman numeral in it!! I didn't know it at the time but I would have taken a screen shot if it were going to be an issue. I've been experiencing this difference in info in my game a lot recently, as Android users in my syndicate can see the attack & defense stats of weapons rewards from LTQ's, but I can't. It only shows the weapon rewarded. This lack of 'detail' or 'specifics' if you will, failed to show that there was more to come. The bigger problem here is that not all players are getting the same data as each other.

Maybe you saw a Roman numeral, none for me though.

ShawnBB
09-20-2013, 01:02 PM
The style itself is good, everyone would have to be patient.
Gold can't buy your access to second,third stage,so that's a beautiful punch to heavy spending addicts, lol.

HOWEVER, the way Gree intentionally avoid publicly announcing the rule of new style event is a semi-fraud. Without the roman number, it is going to be a fraud. They are offending the basic game ethic for not fully informing their customers.

Making more money is not an excuse for setting little trap to let some customers fall into it.
If you didn't fall into a trick, but lot of others did. It only means you are clear minded, but doesn't mean the company is doing the right thing. This time it's only one or two 8k weapon, next time Gree might play something big.

Big-R
09-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Gree could definitely of handled it better. Whenever new content is released they should always without fail explain the content and how it works. That is there main failing with this.
The actual content is a step forward. It's a new and improved challenge and works well. The setup is good for all levels and helps with not penalising higher levels. Yet even low levels get some good rewards.
Yet again there communication lets them down though.