PDA

View Full Version : Kudos Gree, the new style boss event is awesome!

The Billionaire
09-19-2013, 02:07 AM
Gree, after the bad moves over the weekend i would like to offer some praise

I would just like to express my thanks for the new boss structure layout. There was a time when i thought boss events were going to become extinct but this new Boss Event Syndicate LTQ and the new boss layout is awesome.

I have an idea as to what is going to happen over the next 5 days and if it does a lot of teamwork is going to be needed if a syndicate plans on completing the LTQ. This is what syndicates is all about, working together to achieve a goal.

As for the new boss event structure, i think its great! Prizes being awarded every 5 levels and a change to the loot prizes every 25 levels (I hope). Once you complete level 25 a new set of rare prizes are made available and all the others move down a grade with the commons disappearing.

Great idea, great layout and well implemented!

Nice one Gree!

P.S. I know campers are going to hate the new boss event but hey camping is a thing of the past in this game, did y'all not get the memo!

BigMoney
09-19-2013, 02:26 AM
Agreed. People are freaking out about the initial bump in boss health for the first few boss levels (unaware that after ~20 each boss is easier than what it used to be), but as I've gone through it a bit further, I like it too. I am curious to see how expensive (boss HP) the later bosses are, but I hope that a 60k item isn't cheap at all. I think the stats might be a bit too big (greatly accelerating stat inflation), but I don't see how people can complain about:

-better boss items
-boss items get better as you go
-prizes every 5 levels
-level prizes on par with previous level prizes (20/30/50) when adjusted for boss HP, except there are far more of them now
-etc

reras
09-19-2013, 02:28 AM
I agree with both of you

Muj
09-19-2013, 02:29 AM
With 204k raw attack at level 162, I had to do 2 paid hits for the lvl 6 boss.. That's insane..

BigMoney
09-19-2013, 02:36 AM
With 204k raw attack at level 162, I had to do 2 paid hits for the lvl 6 boss.. That's insane..

Welcome to Tier 5.

ChosenAce
09-19-2013, 02:38 AM
Boss event is stupid now... 100 times really just another way to spend a hell of alot more gold and now camping accounts can't do this cuz way to much xp gained... Gree phucked us again and I'm quitting this stupid game

Coldjoey
09-19-2013, 02:58 AM
Boss event is stupid now... 100 times really just another way to spend a hell of alot more gold and now camping accounts can't do this cuz way to much xp gained... Gree phucked us again and I'm quitting this stupid gameQuiting isn't as easy as it sounds. See how long until your back complaining about something else. I skipped LTQ to stay in 4th tier and now that counts for nothing. But hey I can't quit so I just go with it.

kingofwale
09-19-2013, 02:58 AM
other than the horrible experience gain. I like the new boss event.

ticks
09-19-2013, 03:07 AM
I am at level 88. Each defeat earns 300+ xp points.. That is insane...

Muffhole
09-19-2013, 05:43 AM
I'm liking this event......great stuff

Butt Futter
09-19-2013, 05:52 AM
I hated it at first but after reading the info posted in the forum since the event started I actually think this is a fun event. It's put together with thought and once they fix the few glitches this event will be awesome. Good job gree.

Fredfreddy
09-19-2013, 05:52 AM
I agree with this, except please fix the XP reward.

Big-R
09-19-2013, 05:53 AM
I agree. The new event format freshens it up. It is another way by gree trying to make the campers actually play but that is a god thing. Makes the game more equal for all levels and doesn't penalise the higher levels as much as it use to. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
Next boss I assume the syndicate bit will be harder but that's not a bad thing.

Ray Donovan
09-19-2013, 06:04 AM
I agree with this, except please fix the XP reward.

I agree. If they raised the XP even more it would be easier to kill higher level bosses. A nicely timed level up allows for 5 extra free hits.

187omni
09-19-2013, 06:05 AM
I'm really liking gree's new implementation of the syn ltq/boss concept. After a series of bad moves, this is a good one.

Fredfreddy
09-19-2013, 06:30 AM
I agree. If they raised the XP even more it would be easier to kill higher level bosses. A nicely timed level up allows for 5 extra free hits.

When I said "fix the XP reward" I meant return it to it's previous state:

i.e.

L1 boss gives you 5 XP
L2 boss gives you 10 XP
L3 boss gives you 15 XP
L4 boss gives you 20 XP

etc

murf
09-19-2013, 06:36 AM
Boss event is stupid now... 100 times really just another way to spend a hell of alot more gold and now camping accounts can't do this cuz way to much xp gained... Gree phucked us again and I'm quitting this stupid game

Camper's tears make me smile :)

murf
09-19-2013, 06:36 AM
other than the horrible experience gain. I like the new boss event.

+1.....if campers are complaining, then I like the setup of the event.

Fatherllama
09-19-2013, 06:44 AM
The syndicate boss goal is good. Everything else about the new boss is a crime against humanity.

The Billionaire
09-19-2013, 06:50 AM
Camper's tears make me smile :)

Me too murf, I was a hardcore camper with my Avon account but as soon as i saw the way Gree were inflating the stats it's all about moving onwards and upwards because otherwise you'll get left behind.

I'll say it again, camping is a thing of the past in Crime City. Get with the program campers and start playing the game!

Fatherllama
09-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Me too murf, I was a hardcore camper with my Avon account but as soon as i saw the way Gree were inflating the stats it's all about moving onwards and upwards because otherwise you'll get left behind.

I'll say it again, camping is a thing of the past in Crime City. Get with the program campers and start playing the game!

Maybe if there were a viable reason to level people would be excited about doing it. It's just a penalty as the game stands right now.

Fredfreddy
09-19-2013, 08:15 AM

If I were in a top 10 Syndicate I would feel the same way/say the same thing. I would recommend power-leveling and piling up stats at any expense of XP to get folks to the shark tank so I could rob the crap out of them :) . However, if you've spent 2 years camping/creeping and now have excellent IPH for your level, abandoning camping on that account would be a mistake. If you abandon camping, your IPH will just be food for the sharks, and you'll lose any exclusivity you had (i.e. being one of the lowest levels in your Syndicate and having the highest donation amount) IPH is one of the hardest things to build, and camping makes building IPH (and keeping the money you collect) possible/easier, and it will become even more rare in the future, so finding rich campers to help your Syndicate will be unique. New Syndicate bonuses are likely not far away.

However, if you started playing CC any later than say, July 2012, I would agree, camping isn't a good strategy.

I would recommend that campers make a mini though, I have and it's fun to be able to participate in all the events again.

jopdermod
09-19-2013, 08:21 AM
I LOVE THIS BOSS-EVENT :)

Camping -> R.I.P.

Who wants a camper in his syndicate anymore, want to fleeload the camper into some nice 16k attack gun, without putting up A SINGLE SYNDICATE POINT? All for the sake of some extra high IP's in battle? Who wants to hand out a 8k explosive to a campers refusing to play the boss because of to muck XP gain??

What do Campers think, they are a gift from god? The gift from god was any syndicate allowing them to freeload into a bunch of items!

Any active player will be able to raise their stats fast enough for them to NOT be a Camping target !
Campers will disappear quickly.

Any syndicate taking itself serious shouldn't want a camper in the syndicate.

tiptondan1990
09-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Is there any info on health for bosses tier4?

the real f n deal Chris
09-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Our syn finished level one bte. Should we stop until level 2 starts? We thought level 2 would start right away but not there's nothing under syndicate goals. If we continue to fight victor will those wins even count towards level 2? Any word on what the level 2 bonus will be?

dispohero
09-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Our syn finished level one bte. Should we stop until level 2 starts? We thought level 2 would start right away but not there's nothing under syndicate goals. If we continue to fight victor will those wins even count towards level 2? Any word on what the level 2 bonus will be?
None of those questions can be answered with any certainty.

the real f n deal Chris
09-19-2013, 09:35 AM
i hate the guessing game. I can be to level 30 by the time the part 2 starts. I'll be ticked if it doesn't count. I'll be mad if i wait and then find out that it would've counted too. Ugh. decisions, decisions...

sux2lose
09-19-2013, 10:15 AM
i hate the guessing game. I can be to level 30 by the time the part 2 starts. I'll be ticked if it doesn't count. I'll be mad if i wait and then find out that it would've counted too. Ugh. decisions, decisions...

Why is it so hard for Gree to post about new formats, events, etc in advance? Why does everything have to be a guessing game and investigation by the community?

These are not rhetorical questions. This problem is symptomatic of their whole approach to communication in general, and it is not good. I will acknowledge that it has gotten better, but this is not difficult stuff we're talking about...

Donnie Sparko
09-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Why is it so hard for Gree to post about new formats, events, etc in advance? Why does everything have to be a guessing game and investigation by the community?

These are not rhetorical questions. This problem is symptomatic of their whole approach to communication in general, and it is not good. I will acknowledge that it has gotten better, but this is not difficult stuff we're talking about...

Perhaps they do so deliberately to create speculation and here say which only adds to the excitement/anxiety. They dropped the first PvP unannounced and the only reason we got a heads up about the SLTQ is because we had to update in order to get it IMO

MWWM J
09-19-2013, 10:28 AM
I hate the new boss. It's plain stupid. Struggling to get 20 with the times hits. I'm a free player and don't want to spend gold on such crap. Either you spend gold and are beast in stats or you don't spend gold and your the laughing stock at your level. Where tf is the fun in that? Before gold was optional if you wanted to have a head start everyone on IPH and stats. Now if you don't spend than you'll never get anywhere. Gree is getting selfish and will lose alot of players if they don't start fixing there screw ups. Run a dam poll on what ppl want. Not that hard. Find out what the ppl want instead of thinking that nice check you get you greedy baasterds.

SC4R
09-19-2013, 10:30 AM
anyone have the list of prizes after every 5 bosses defeated?

Intrance
09-19-2013, 10:31 AM

True communication can be better for when thing go wrong but isn't part of the fun the mystery and exploration?
If they tell us everything its like spoiling the ending to a movie

MrMarshmallow
09-19-2013, 10:32 AM
I agree this is an awesome syn event!

Btw do we still have the ability to get the 8k item twice in different syndicates?

Mack The Knife
09-19-2013, 10:42 AM
I hate the new boss. It's plain stupid. Struggling to get 20 with the times hits. I'm a free player and don't want to spend gold on such crap. Either you spend gold and are beast in stats or you don't spend gold and your the laughing stock at your level. Where tf is the fun in that? Before gold was optional if you wanted to have a head start everyone on IPH and stats. Now if you don't spend than you'll never get anywhere. Gree is getting selfish and will lose alot of players if they don't start fixing there screw ups. Run a dam poll on what ppl want. Not that hard. Find out what the ppl want instead of thinking that nice check you get you greedy baasterds.

Do you think they're running a charity? That their main goal is your entertainment as a free player? They're a company and if they don't make money they can't make this game. So you'll just have to suck it up and remember this game is free because somewhere someone is buying gold so you don't have to.

dgwalker
09-19-2013, 10:56 AM
It isn't all or nothing. Some people spend $1000+ a month on this game and some people spend $50 a year on this game. Using a little bit of gold here and there will often let you just finish an LTQ or get to the next boss and give you a decent stat boost. The key is to know how much money and time you want to spend on the game and show appropriate restraint.

-Dgwalker

Pinpoint30
09-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Gree has been doig a great job with recent changes.

1. Donation Log
2. Syndicate Events
3. Communicating after a major screw up.
4. Updated Boss events
5. Attainable LTB for lower levels.

Kudos Gree on all of the new changes.

May I suggest the fix to losing occasional fights by someone lower than you. If their stats (with modifiers included) are lower, then they should lose all fights and not win sometimes.

Also, a little stability with battle IP points. If I hit someone 3 times for 501, 509, 497, my fouth hit should not be 128. Also, If i hit someone 50 levels higher than me I should see a good IP return. I have seen better returns on people equal to me.

If you can fix those two items, you will really have a kick butt game that many will like to play again.

Stooboot
09-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Does the boss get easier after 20 or 25 and do u still get 300 xp after that?

the_dude
09-19-2013, 11:19 AM
You should go back to mwwm. Your understanding of how this game works fits in perfectly with them.

jmeijer
09-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Also, a little stability with battle IP points. If I hit someone 3 times for 501, 509, 497, my fouth hit should not be 128. Also, If i hit someone 50 levels higher than me I should see a good IP return. I have seen better returns on people equal to me.Are you sure that you didn't have a misclick?

sux2lose
09-19-2013, 02:03 PM
True communication can be better for when thing go wrong but isn't part of the fun the mystery and exploration?
If they tell us everything its like spoiling the ending to a movie

I disagree. I'm not saying all details have to be released as some discovery is part of the fun. But simple communication like, 'Hey, new boss event is coming out with a 24 hour syndicated component!' would not cause any fun to be missed out on...

When they first introduced syndicates they had an update and an in-game help explaining the new part of the game for almost a month!

abstraxlim
09-19-2013, 02:17 PM
What I feel this Boss event is favourable to all high lvl players esp tier 5 players....as for those campers want to stay low lvl as possible with high attack so they could gain higher ip in syn war, they will feel this event do harm more than good for them. every1 have their own style to play this game. So play as u feel like it....

P.S. Gold players are going to burn a hole in their pocket for this event.....lol...me too...

Deadwater
09-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Any word on how much gold for tier 5 to complete the event?

panty sniffer
09-19-2013, 02:34 PM
I agree this is an awesome syn event!

Btw do we still have the ability to get the 8k item twice in different syndicates?

No. Syn hopping doesn't get you the Klout nerve toxin syndicate reward more than once.

How much gold it takes depends entirely on your base attack and tier. You can only know how much gold it will take you to complete 100 kills if you know what boss health is for every level.

It would be nice if someone who completed boss 100 would tell us how much gold it took, what their tier and what their base attack was both when they started and when they completed the event.

Deadwater
09-19-2013, 02:38 PM
No. Syn hopping doesn't get you the Klout nerve toxin syndicate reward more than once.

How much gold it takes depends entirely on your base attack and tier. You can only know how much gold it will take you to complete 100 kills if you know what boss health is for every level.

It would be nice if someone who completed boss 100 would tell us how much gold it took, what their tier and what their base attack was both when they started and when they completed the event.

Yeah that's pretty much the information I'm asking for.

gunny22
09-19-2013, 03:39 PM
I would just like to express my thanks for the new boss structure layout.
Hey Bill, have you adapted your boss guide yet?
TIA

the_dude
09-19-2013, 03:44 PM
New dataset out on droid. Looks like they significantly reduced xp. Tier 5 and I got 40xp to defeat the boss.

teo
09-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Hey Bill, have you adapted your boss guide yet?
TIA

I second this; anyone working up the new health levels? I'd be happy to help