PDA

View Full Version : New 100-Boss Event is a Joke - anti camper crusade is pathetic

Mil Mascaras
09-18-2013, 10:26 PM
The senseless anti-camper attitude has led to this joke of a boss event. The attack amount needed to take down the boss has been increased significantly, the xp totals have gone sky high, and the event has increased to 100 bosses, so Millionaire has a huge job ahead of him to produce a new 100-boss chart for 5 levels.

Other than fight club and hackers, how many people will spend enough or can afford enough gold to beat 100 bosses, especially at tier 5? What's it gonna take to beat boss 100 at tier 5 - 50 million hp?

What does Gree want this to lead to, everyone reaching level 250 in a couple of months so we can all average 250 I.P. per fight during the syndicate war?

Gree - people play this game for entertainment, for a virtual sense of accomplishment and escapism, not to enrich Gree, so some like to level up fast and compete in every single event to the max, while others enjoy having a huge attack/defense at a low level, which makes them a valuable asset in syndicate battles, so they slow-play and don't level up fast and, yes, they don't shell out cash for gold to finish LTQ or the pvp brawls.

This new boss event format is a temper tantrum by gree to punish campers and to make the price of completing the 100 boss event a massive level up - 25,000 xp for tier 3, 35,000 xp for tier 4.

The boss event was a favorite of many players, and now its just a device to kill off campers, for whom the event was a key part of playing this game.

Let the trolling begin!

kingofwale
09-18-2013, 10:28 PM
what gree needs to do is NOT to punish people for camping, but to give more incentive to people to lvl up

so far almost every event punishes those we are high lvl

1... Boss: Higher lvl still getting screwed
2... War: high lvl gets less IP (no reason for that whatsoever)
3... box event: higher lvl players pay more for each opens.

The_
09-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Basically, if you're smart you better start booting every camper in your syndicate. Theyre just gonna leach off the boss syn event and future sltqs.

BigMoney
09-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Couple of silly points.

1. Why the hell do you think camping should be a viable strategy in the game? The way it is-- punishing active, high level players while rewarding low level players who intentionally avoid playing-- makes no sense. You're mad because you're a camper, not because it's a logical way to play.
2. Only "FC and hackers" are strong enough to beat the event... and? Since when was every single player in the game entitled to be able to complete every event? You can't ever get close to beating an LTQ for free either, why not complain about that too? You need to spend gold for the best items. That's how the game works.
3. It's silly that you're upset that 100 bosses won't be doable for free. You know how worthless previously purchased gold items (and other large stat items) would quickly become if anyone could get a 60k item free?

I'm glad they're sort of working to end camping, though you're still perfectly able to camp, by the way. No one is forcing you to participate in the boss event. Asyou said-- "some like to level up fast and compete in every single event to the max, while others enjoy having a huge attack/defense at a low level, which makes them a valuable asset in syndicate battles, so they slow-play and don't level up fast and, yes, they don't shell out cash for gold to finish LTQ or the pvp brawls."--- so what the hell does that have to do with boss events? You're free to camp and not participate in the boss event. The goal here is likely to make camping not the best option for maximizing your stats. You should get better stats, even as a free player, by actively participating in more events. That's logical, and that's the way it should be.

Alice
09-18-2013, 10:49 PM
:p There is no trick any more, learn to buy gold or learn to let go...actually I like it

Mil Mascaras
09-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Basically, if you're smart you better start booting every camper in your syndicate. Theyre just gonna leach off the boss syn event and future sltqs.

You are forgetting that campers are the ones at low levels who score 400-550 I.P. regularly in many fights during syndicate wars due to their lower levels, and thus they need less gold to meet syndicate minimums. And THAT'S what greedy is trying to change, they want campers to level up and need to spend more gold in wars and in boss events at tier 5 once they break level 101.

People need to think logically and see why some like to camp.

The_
09-18-2013, 10:56 PM
You are forgetting that campers are the ones at low levels who score 400-550 I.P. regularly in many fights during syndicate wars due to their lower levels, and thus they need less gold to meet syndicate minimums. And THAT'S what greedy is trying to change, they want campers to level up and need to spend more gold in wars and in boss events at tier 5 once they break level 101.

That's why I recruit high level players with decent stats to score around 400 ip easily, who is also willing to help out in slqts and elite bosses events. Thus, dramatically decreases the amt of gold spent on slqts and the current elite bosses. I want the total package. Yea.. I think I can live with 1-2 campers in my syn, but definitely not more than that.

rohan007
09-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Bigmoney. One more post and you'll have 2000 posts. :-D. I agree with you a bit. But camping is a nice strategy to score ip in battles. :-)

the_dude
09-18-2013, 11:03 PM

Most campers dont score crap in battles because they dont participate. Thats what camping is. LLP's and campers are not the same thing. Most campers dont spend gold either from what ive seen.

BigMoney
09-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Bigmoney. One more post and you'll have 2000 posts. :-D. I agree with you a bit. But camping is a nice strategy to score ip in battles. :-)

I still averaged max IP per hit at level 220. People are afraid to level up because the enjoy being a large fish in a small pond, and not a medium fish in a tank full of sharks. The IP thing is a silly excuse (although I am personally concerned my IP is going to start taking a hit soon).

rohan007
09-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Trust me BM my main account is a small fish in a pond full of piranha's. Lol. Sharks are cute anyway. I'm not afraid anymore of leveling as i don't take it much seriously nowadays. ;-)

Guisseppe17
09-18-2013, 11:28 PM
A lot of viable points here, but again, it comes down to whether or not you consider camping a real playing style. I myself have no problem with campers (although I could never try and do it myself), but I don't mind as much that GREE is trying to remove campers. My problem is how they made yet another money trap event. They purposely added another huge stat item, and then tweaked the stats to make it nearly impossible to get. Now I know almost all events need gold to get close to finishing, and I'm fine with that...but with every event (except for leaderboard ones) there's always a large number of people who shell out that much money and get the grand prize. With such a hard event, I doubt 20 people will be willing to spend that much. And worse, they replaced decent 20-30-50 kill prizes with total crap, screwing over everyone who spends a decent amount of gold but can't afford to go for 100. I mean, the 20 kill prize is like an uncommon boss drop. At least the money option doesn't increase!

Mil Mascaras
09-18-2013, 11:35 PM
Couple of silly points.

1. Why the hell do you think camping should be a viable strategy in the game? The way it is-- punishing active, high level players while rewarding low level players who intentionally avoid playing-- makes no sense. You're mad because you're a camper, not because it's a logical way to play.
2. Only "FC and hackers" are strong enough to beat the event... and? Since when was every single player in the game entitled to be able to complete every event? You can't ever get close to beating an LTQ for free either, why not complain about that too? You need to spend gold for the best items. That's how the game works.
3. It's silly that you're upset that 100 bosses won't be doable for free. You know how worthless previously purchased gold items (and other large stat items) would quickly become if anyone could get a 60k item free?

I'm glad they're sort of working to end camping, though you're still perfectly able to camp, by the way. No one is forcing you to participate in the boss event. Asyou said-- "some like to level up fast and compete in every single event to the max, while others enjoy having a huge attack/defense at a low level, which makes them a valuable asset in syndicate battles, so they slow-play and don't level up fast and, yes, they don't shell out cash for gold to finish LTQ or the pvp brawls."--- so what the hell does that have to do with boss events? You're free to camp and not participate in the boss event. The goal here is likely to make camping not the best option for maximizing your stats. You should get better stats, even as a free player, by actively participating in more events. That's logical, and that's the way it should be.

BTW, I have both a high level account approaching level 250, and a good camper account in tier 4, so I play both styles just for the variety of one account participating in all events to the max, and one account that has high attack and low level, so I can score well in the syndicate wars and spend less gold to do so, and the spending less on gold is what gree is trying to eliminate, and all players should be against gree doing that. Gree is free to maximize profit, but we are free to minimize our expenditures. Its a 2 way street. We are here to have fun, not to enrich gree.

Anyway, you aren't understanding my post totally.

It's not that all are ENTITLED to finish each boss event. It's that what they did here was make it a tedious 100 boss event and they made it impossible for anyone who doesn't print money to finish it, and the xp hit along the way is ridiculous.

Campers don't "punish" non-campers. Campers have high stats at low levels, so when they reach the shark tank, they have amassed enough attack/defense so that their news page is not all red.
Also, camping becomes useless for the most part at level 101 as that's where boss event tier 5 kicks in and we can all forget about gold-free 50 bosses finish unless we have over a million raw attack. So, the camping is a temporary game play style to set up all of ones play after level 101.

Also, campers are valuable to synds for obvious reasons. The synd battles (and the prior boss events till now) are the 2 events where campers go all out and don't watch the xp, because the stat inflation from boss events and synd battles are worth the level ups. Also with prehitting on the LTQ events, campers do participate in those as it can take less than half a vault to finish off a prestige/elite mode.

Anyway, the general point is its always a cat and mouse game between us and gree to see how we can minimize our cost and maximize our stats while they try to accomplish the reverse. Being pissed off at campers is not logical, because it is not "wrong" to maximize stats and minimize cost. It's not an appropriate response to tell people if they can't afford huge gold purchases to not bother playing the game.

BTW, when I say "campers" i mean players trying to level up slowly while maximizing attack/defense stats, with gold use in battle and in events. I'm not referring to free players.

BigMoney
09-18-2013, 11:58 PM
A lot of viable points here, but again, it comes down to whether or not you consider camping a real playing style. I myself have no problem with campers (although I could never try and do it myself), but I don't mind as much that GREE is trying to remove campers. My problem is how they made yet another money trap event. They purposely added another huge stat item, and then tweaked the stats to make it nearly impossible to get. Now I know almost all events need gold to get close to finishing, and I'm fine with that...but with every event (except for leaderboard ones) there's always a large number of people who shell out that much money and get the grand prize. With such a hard event, I doubt 20 people will be willing to spend that much. And worse, they replaced decent 20-30-50 kill prizes with total crap, screwing over everyone who spends a decent amount of gold but can't afford to go for 100. I mean, the 20 kill prize is like an uncommon boss drop. At least the money option doesn't increase!

Shouldn't you wait until you know how much boss HP and item stats they give before making judgments like this? Boss 45 prize is apparently 1400/2400 armor, which is roughly on par with an old boss 30 item. The boss health is about the same (as an old L30 boss) as well. No one has any idea how difficult boss 100 is yet.

BigMoney
09-19-2013, 12:21 AM
It's not that all are ENTITLED to finish each boss event. It's that what they did here was make it a tedious 100 boss event and they made it impossible for anyone who doesn't print money to finish it, and the xp hit along the way is ridiculous.

Refer to my previous post-- unless you know something I don't such as the approximate boss health at levels 50, 75, 100, etc, in which case I'd love to hear it. I'm actually enjoying the boss event so far, and I'm breezing through it. Probably because I don't care too much about XP. The boss items continue to improve as you progress through the levels, and start awarding some serious stat items. Put simply, it is better to gain the stats and xp than it is to sit out and camp. No one's stopping you from camping, they're simply stopping it from being the best option (which it never should have been).

Campers don't "punish" non-campers. Campers have high stats at low levels, so when they reach the shark tank, they have amassed enough attack/defense so that their news page is not all red.

The first LTQ occurred right when I was level 101, and since I needed about 7-8x my attack at the time to beat a Tier 5 boss, I figured what the hell, and did the entire LTQ. I've done almost every LTQ since, leveling up quite quickly, but with the stats to match. Even though I was in a Top 25 syndicate for the majority of that time, my stats were easily on par with those of a similar level in Top 10s (or better). I disagree with the assertion that you need to level as slowly as possible to have respectable stats, as it simply isn't true. My newsfeed is currently 100% green (don't attack/rob me now plz), although a large part of that is people seemingly hitting me to trigger bosses as I've been hit by a large number of unqualified people in the past few hours all of a sudden.

Back hand emus
09-19-2013, 12:24 AM
Still in tier 1 was able to beat the 14th free (45k) 15th required 2 hits. Hoping it doesn't get too crazy. Would love a new ride

Mil Mascaras
09-19-2013, 12:33 AM
BigM, as for hp, it went up for sure. My tier 4 account, last boss event I was at boss 18 before I had to use 2 hits. This time I had to use 2 hits at level 9. That's a huge hp increase. I am curious to see how strong the weapons are along the way, because if the total event gives a massive enough inflation that would match what a camper would amass in the next 20 level-ups ( from L80 to L100), which is likely 3 or 4 50-boss events, then it's worth it, but there would still be a price to pay - less I.P. avg. during syndicate battle.

But this brings up a different question to gree - why the pretentious secrecy and fake mystery surrounding the requirements to beat boss 1-50, and now 1-100. I mean, really, it's all nice and cute how we all have had to rely on Millionaire's guide, but isn't it about time to give us the rules already so we don't have to guess?!?!? It's ridiculous that no one knows exactly how much raw attack each boss level requires. The novelty of being the first ones to figure it out is worn out, so just post a spreadsheet-type list of the numbers needed at each level. It could actually make MORE profit for gree, as there would be people who would look at the numbers and say yea, that much gold IS worth doing the 100 bosses, or some other number of bosses that's affordable and worthy the gold purchase needed to achieve it.

As for me for example, I'm thinking, I'm not spending time and gold needed to finish all 100 if I don't know how much gold it will take. So I can't make an informed decision. If they had a list that showed the requirements and I saw that the amount of gold it would take is worth the huge stat inflation, I would do the the 100 bosses. Spending a vault to get the equivalent of 2 or 3 syndicate battles worth of attack/defense is a no brainer for gold users, but if it turns out the cost would be 5 vaults or 10 vaults, that's a lot of money, even for huge stat boost.

So if gree is going to give us a crazy 100 boss event, can they tell us the number needed to finish off the 100 bosses.

I'm sure there's one troller out there who will say he loves not knowing how much hp each boss requires because not knowing what you are doing is so much fun.

Mil Mascaras
09-19-2013, 12:38 AM

BigMoney
09-19-2013, 12:39 AM
BigM, as for hp, it went up for sure. My tier 4 account, last boss event I was at boss 18 before I had to use 2 hits. This time I had to use 2 hits at level 9. That's a huge hp increase. I am curious to see how strong the weapons are along the way, because if the total event gives a massive enough inflation that would match what a camper would amass in the next 20 level-ups ( from L80 to L100), which is likely 3 or 4 50-boss events, then it's worth it, but there would still be a price to pay - less I.P. avg. during syndicate battle.

No, it only went up for the first few levels. The level 50 boss is now significantly easier. At least for Tier 5. After level 50, the rare items award 1k+ stat items.

But this brings up a different question to gree - why the pretentious secrecy and fake mystery surrounding the requirements to beat boss 1-50, and now 1-100. I mean, really, it's all nice and cute how we all have had to rely on Millionaire's guide, but isn't it about time to give us the rules already so we don't have to guess?!?!? It's ridiculous that no one knows exactly how much raw attack each boss level requires. The novelty of being the first ones to figure it out is worn out, so just post a spreadsheet-type list of the numbers needed at each level. It could actually make MORE profit for gree, as there would be people who would look at the numbers and say yea, that much gold IS worth doing the 100 bosses, or some other number of bosses that's affordable and worthy the gold purchase needed to achieve it.

That's GREE's decision to make, just be thankful we have helpful forum members like that who document the boss HP for everyone, or the LTQ jobs/rewards, etc. This doesn't really have anything to do with camping any more.

As for me for example, I'm thinking, I'm not spending time and gold needed to finish all 100 if I don't know how much gold it will take. So I can't make an informed decision. If they had a list that showed the requirements and I saw that the amount of gold it would take is worth the huge stat inflation, I would do the the 100 bosses. Spending a vault to get the equivalent of 2 or 3 syndicate battles worth of attack/defense is a no brainer for gold users, but if it turns out the cost would be 5 vaults or 10 vaults, that's a lot of money, even for huge stat boost.

So if gree is going to give us a crazy 100 boss event, can they tell us the number needed to finish off the 100 bosses.

I'm sure there's one troller out there who will say he loves not knowing how much hp each boss requires because not knowing what you are doing is so much fun.

That's fine. I'm going at my normal pace until I also find out how difficult it is to complete L100. It's possible that L90 is easy (relatively), but L97-100 or something suddenly jump up to absurd totals-- similar to the Park Trafficking LTQ which required 100 Hillside Rifles for the last part of the Elite, or the syndicate LTQ requiring you to kill the Seaside boss 100 times, etc. GREE likes to stick you once they know you're too far to quit.

Back hand emus
09-19-2013, 12:41 AM

They won't for the same reason they don't tell you the amount of energy during an ltq. If you knew how many hits it took to beat it they would lose out on profit from people putting a price on it.

BigMoney
09-19-2013, 12:44 AM
They won't for the same reason they don't tell you the amount of energy during an ltq. If you knew how many hits it took to beat it they would lose out on profit from people putting a price on it.

Logically, I don't know if it matters either way-- just based on how the boss prizes (rare/uncommon/common) look at the higher levels alone (PLUS rewards every 5 levels), the boss event looks like it's worth doing as far as you can even if you can't do 100.

cubic
09-19-2013, 12:50 AM

And I´m quite convinced there´s one troller out there thinking knowing things adds more fun to it ;)

Back hand emus
09-19-2013, 12:51 AM
Logically, I don't know if it matters either way-- just based on how the boss prizes (rare/uncommon/common) look at the higher levels alone (PLUS rewards every 5 levels), the boss event looks like it's worth doing as far as you can even if you can't do 100.

About that- I have a level 158 with the same boss rewards as my level 25 llp. I saw you posted the rewards for yourself and they were 900/xxx. Strange

Guisseppe17
09-19-2013, 12:55 AM
Shouldn't you wait until you know how much boss HP and item stats they give before making judgments like this? Boss 45 prize is apparently 1400/2400 armor, which is roughly on par with an old boss 30 item. The boss health is about the same (as an old L30 boss) as well. No one has any idea how difficult boss 100 is yet.
How can you say the boss health of boss 45 is like an old 30? More like boss 30 now is like an old 45. Boss hp has increased for all levels, and prizes have gone way down. That prize normally would have been awarded for boss 30, so with the new health, maybe boss 22-ish...but no, now it's 45. How can you say this isn't much worse?

BigMoney
09-19-2013, 12:58 AM
How can you say the boss health of boss 45 is like an old 30? More like boss 30 now is like an old 45. Boss hp has increased for all levels, and prizes have gone way down. That prize normally would have been awarded for boss 30, so with the new health, maybe boss 22-ish...but no, now it's 45. How can you say this isn't much worse?

Uh, because the approximate health of the new boss 45 is the same as the approximate health of the old boss 30. Your assertion that "boss HP has increased for all levels" is most certainly incorrect, as it only is true for the lower boss levels. You stop 1 hitting the boss quicker, but you 2-hit, 3-hit, 4-hit the higher bosses much longer. Not sure where you're getting your info from. Hopefully you're not extrapolating to L100 based on L1-10 of the boss.

Guisseppe17
09-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Uh, because the approximate health of the new boss 45 is the same as the approximate health of the old boss 30. Your assertion that "boss HP has increased for all levels" is most certainly incorrect, as it only is true for the lower boss levels.
Not from what I've heard...I haven't gotten there myself so I can't say for sure, but why on earth would they dramatically increase hp for the first few dozen levels and then decrease the rest? That makes no sense whatsoever.

cubic
09-19-2013, 01:01 AM

You might went up a tier and your stats aren´t as good as before if you would compare?

Guisseppe17
09-19-2013, 01:03 AM
You might went up a tier and your stats aren´t as good as before if you would compare?
Nope, I'm still in the same tier.

Back hand emus
09-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Not from what I've heard...I haven't gotten there myself so I can't say for sure, but why on earth would they dramatically increase hp for the first few dozen levels and then decrease the rest? That makes no sense whatsoever.

It's not that it's "decreasing" it's just increasing at a decreasing rate

Back hand emus
09-19-2013, 01:12 AM
NOTE: I have not done any research into this and only going off what big money stated and how I interpreted it on an extremely dumbed down scale. Boss 1 will have 1000 health, boss 10 will have 1100 health boss 100 will have 1110 health. So it's very hard to get past the beginning levels but once you make it out of that threshold it gets easier

BigMoney
09-19-2013, 01:46 AM
NOTE: I have not done any research into this and only going off what big money stated and how I interpreted it on an extremely dumbed down scale. Boss 1 will have 1000 health, boss 10 will have 1100 health boss 100 will have 1110 health. So it's very hard to get past the beginning levels but once you make it out of that threshold it gets easier

Old L19 boss has 950k health.
New L19 boss has ~1.7mil health.

People see this and are jumping to conclusions. I admit, I did too.

Old L29 boss is 5mil health.
New L29 boss is ~3.5mil health.

The new boss health grows significantly slower than the old boss does.

potvin
09-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Old L19 boss has 950k health.
New L19 boss has ~1.7mil health.

People see this and are jumping to conclusions. I admit, I did too.

Old L29 boss is 5mil health.
New L29 boss is ~3.5mil health.

The new boss health grows significantly slower than the old boss does.

So how are you saying its easier than it looks....the boss health doubled in ten levels. It doesnt start decreasing. So a level 50 boss was 16 million what do you think a lvl 100 will be....19 million? A lvl 15 boss did NOT ever have 7 million HP..so this event is not the same...its harder...and basically for most impossible for tier 5. Good luck

BigMoney
09-19-2013, 03:04 AM
So how are you saying its easier than it looks....the boss health doubled in ten levels. It doesnt start decreasing. So a level 50 boss was 16 million what do you think a lvl 100 will be....19 million? A lvl 15 boss did NOT ever have 7 million HP..so this event is not the same...its harder...and basically for most impossible for tier 5. Good luck

Uh, yeah, and? The old boss used to increase 15-fold from L1 to L15, what's your point? No kidding the boss doesn't stat decreasing. The old level 50 boss was 16 million, and the new L50 boss is around 10 million. The new L70 boss is somewhere around 16 million HP now. You did absolutely nothing to dispute my claim that it's "easier than it looks" and instead waved your hand and said it's harder ("basically... impossible") for Tier 5. Based on everything presented so far, that's obviously not the case. The only thing that would disprove my point at this point is if there is a huge jump in boss health towards the end, which is unclear at this point. A L100 boss with 19 million HP would be quite doable by me, a mere mortal in a Top 10/25 syndicate-- whereas once upon a time Tier 5 boss events were reserved for FC-monsters. I imagine the L100 boss will have quite a bit more than 19mil HP though, unfortunately. Your argument is basically that L15 boss is harder, let's go ahead and extrapolate that to bosses L16 through L100 as well. Which is wrong.

kingofwale
09-19-2013, 03:06 AM
I feel that this boss battle is trying to give more advantage to stronger players as oppose to lower lvl players.

now... it's not so bad except for the xp gain... once gree fixed that. this is by far the funniest events here.

BigMoney
09-19-2013, 03:08 AM
I feel that this boss battle is trying to give more advantage to stronger players as oppose to lower lvl players.

This is quite true. FC members with 2-3x my attack are already 2-3x further in the event, and can get very far, very easily. Low level campers were not gifted this same advantage which they used to have.

Euchred
09-19-2013, 04:06 AM
Truth be told I was getting tired of doing boss events on my camper account. My stats already didn't matter but now they really don't matter. Should I quit after working on his iph for so long? I can get the LTB done but is there a point if I'll never need the stats?

CCKallDAY
09-19-2013, 04:17 AM
BTW, I have both a high level account approaching level 250, and a good camper account in tier 4, so I play both styles just for the variety of one account participating in all events to the max, and one account that has high attack and low level, so I can score well in the syndicate wars and spend less gold to do so, and the spending less on gold is what gree is trying to eliminate, and all players should be against gree doing that. Gree is free to maximize profit, but we are free to minimize our expenditures. Its a 2 way street. We are here to have fun, not to enrich gree.

Also, camping becomes useless for the most part at level 101 as that's where boss event tier 5 kicks in and we can all forget about gold-free 50 bosses finish unless we have over a million raw attack. So, the camping is a temporary game play style to set up all of ones play after level 101.

Also, campers are valuable to synds for obvious reasons. The synd battles (and the prior boss events till now) are the 2 events where campers go all out and don't watch the xp, because the stat inflation from boss events and synd battles are worth the level ups. Also with prehitting on the LTQ events, campers do participate in those as it can take less than half a vault to finish off a prestige/elite mode.

Anyway, the general point is its always a cat and mouse game between us and gree to see how we can minimize our cost and maximize our stats while they try to accomplish the reverse. Being pissed off at campers is not logical, because it is not "wrong" to maximize stats and minimize cost. It's not an appropriate response to tell people if they can't afford huge gold purchases to not bother playing the game.

BTW, when I say "campers" i mean players trying to level up slowly while maximizing attack/defense stats, with gold use in battle and in events. I'm not referring to free players.Just get 500 non-consumable explosives when you reach the shark tank. I farmed some of the junkyard explosive and got 500

Dutchie
09-19-2013, 05:14 AM
Is a 100 bosses possible to do in the allocated time? Doing a 100 surely becomes very tedious! Anyhow, doesn't affect me as I won't even come close... LOL

Fredfreddy
09-19-2013, 05:25 AM
From a camper POV, Jerle or possibly CJ did reply in another post that they were looking at the high XP thing, I think that was probably done in error. If that's the case and it's corrected, then I think the way they have changed it is perfect. We shouldn't be getting boss 50 for free, that was just the way the boss event was structured before stat inflation, and is antiquated. I'm betting they either fix this event, or release the next boss event with "normal" XP again.

And camping isn't dead yet, this LTB is a reward for all the campers (and anyone, really) out there who have been piling up on IPH. L10 of this LTB will net you like 24K/24K raw stats for 300-400mm gold and trivial XP gain, and you if you started on time and wake up in the middle of the night a couple times, it can be done with no gold.

edit: sorry, it was Sirius

I've passed this along to be looked into folks.

Thanks for the heads up!

and it's in this thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?68477-Boss-is-giving-insane-XP

The Real Bosses
09-19-2013, 05:34 AM
I love the new boss event :)...

cditti
09-19-2013, 05:43 AM
This boss event is not fun for me. Major xp and items not good.

cooch
09-19-2013, 08:02 AM

BTW, when I say "campers" i mean players trying to level up slowly while maximizing attack/defense stats, with gold use in battle and in events. I'm not referring to free players.

Your assumption here is campers will score big pts in war. Gree has already made adjustments so you dont get big pts if more than 30 lvls higher. Incrementally they will continue this lvl gap advantage reduction. Campers will fight campers to gain maximum points and may not be in top syns eventually. Won't happen next war but bit by bit campers will be a dying breed. Especially the free ones.

Osobuko
09-19-2013, 09:36 AM
GREE wants your money, please stop camping and purchase gold asap:cool:

Stooboot
09-19-2013, 11:03 AM
I still averaged max IP per hit at level 220. People are afraid to level up because the enjoy being a large fish in a small pond, and not a medium fish in a tank full of sharks. The IP thing is a silly excuse (although I am personally concerned my IP is going to start taking a hit soon).

not sure what there is to be afraid of by being in the shark tank? Losing fake cash getting buildings robbed? Couldnt care less about any of that all I care about is getting the most ip for my real dollar. No one would even no what the word camping means if gree punish players for leveling up by giving them less ip

Floridascuba
09-19-2013, 11:04 AM
my camper is destroying him. I am on 32 and only taking me 4 hits so far.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
09-19-2013, 11:17 AM
my camper is destroying him. I am on 32 and only taking me 4 hits so far.

Yeah but he is destroying your camper...

Floridascuba
09-19-2013, 11:35 AM
I have only leveled once.

Floridascuba
09-19-2013, 11:36 AM
started half on 25. Currently half on 26

punawa
09-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Impossible.

Sirius
09-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Greetings Folks,

Appreciate a lot of the feedback that you all have provided about the current amount of experience being earned from the event. It's has been noted already by our Developers and they are working on making it a bit more balanced and fair for everyone. This should be reflected soon.

In the mean time please still note the forum guidelines and let's keep the comments constructive.

Thanks!

Floridascuba
09-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Impossible.

Impossible how?

Hupernikomen
09-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Tell them to leave the $200 hits alone.

Floridascuba
09-19-2013, 11:51 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/floridascuba/19e0ec8dbbdf98b4fdec23aa17d89195_zps1bd68eb4.jpg

punawa
09-19-2013, 11:53 AM
You gain like 200xp per defeat. So at least 6k XP gained.

lesnar
09-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Seriously, when will they learn not to mess with the events once it has already started.

Butt Futter
09-19-2013, 11:56 AM
And of course they will make it fair by increasing the hp in the last tier and make it much harder for us stupid high levels.

I can see someone didn't bother reading anything else. You know what happens when you assume.......

Floridascuba
09-19-2013, 12:17 PM
for Tier 1 boss. I am getting 32 xp a kill or at least thats the difference after I just defeated him again.

Fredfreddy
09-19-2013, 12:20 PM
not sure what there is to be afraid of by being in the shark tank? Losing fake cash getting buildings robbed? Couldnt care less about any of that all I care about is getting the most ip for my real dollar. No one would even no what the word camping means if gree punish players for leveling up by giving them less ip

I don't understand the confusion. As BM said, campers want to be a large fish in a small pond, it's nice never being robbed, and being able to maintain a lazy collection process, and being the richest in your Synd when everyone else is 100 levels higher. LTBs like the one in process was a gift to campers/anyone with high IPH, since it can be pushed to L10 with no gold. I think we should stop calling them "campers" and call them "bankers." You should have a few in every Syndicate.

potvin
09-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Uh, yeah, and? The old boss used to increase 15-fold from L1 to L15, what's your point? No kidding the boss doesn't stat decreasing. The old level 50 boss was 16 million, and the new L50 boss is around 10 million. The new L70 boss is somewhere around 16 million HP now. You did absolutely nothing to dispute my claim that it's "easier than it looks" and instead waved your hand and said it's harder ("basically... impossible") for Tier 5. Based on everything presented so far, that's obviously not the case. The only thing that would disprove my point at this point is if there is a huge jump in boss health towards the end, which is unclear at this point. A L100 boss with 19 million HP would be quite doable by me, a mere mortal in a Top 10/25 syndicate-- whereas once upon a time Tier 5 boss events were reserved for FC-monsters. I imagine the L100 boss will have quite a bit more than 19mil HP though, unfortunately. Your argument is basically that L15 boss is harder, let's go ahead and extrapolate that to bosses L16 through L100 as well. Which is wrong.

No, thats not my arguement. I don't have an arguement. It's plain to see this boss is harder. It doesnt even matter if the boss HP skyrockets towards the last few levels. You just said lvl 70 boss has already equal to or greater than an old lvl 50 boss. Lvl70 is supposedly equal to a lvl 35 boss. I don't care how much it rose in between.

Mil Mascaras
09-19-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm just curious what the hp will be for boss 50, 75, and 100 for tiers 3, 4 and 5, and whether the XP increases for each level remain 1 point (301-400 for the 100 bosses at tier 4, for example) or does . Hoping whoever is getting all the way through to 100 posts the numbers.

BigMoney
09-19-2013, 03:47 PM
No, thats not my arguement. I don't have an arguement. It's plain to see this boss is harder. It doesnt even matter if the boss HP skyrockets towards the last few levels. You just said lvl 70 boss has already equal to or greater than an old lvl 50 boss. Lvl70 is supposedly equal to a lvl 35 boss. I don't care how much it rose in between.

Okay, so your insight is that the new level 100 boss is harder than the old level 50 boss? Well I would certainly hope so, since the old level 50 boss gave a 5k stat item, and this one gives a 60k item.

The fact is that it is easier to get better stats in this event with the same attack you had in the previous boss event. If old level 50 = new level 70, note that along the way you get a 5500/3800 item for #70, a 3300/3500 item for #65, a 2200/5800 for #60, a 3000/2700 for #55, a 2400/2300 for #50... etc, etc. The prizes for old L30 (new L50) and old L50 (new L70) are there, but not only do you now get better boss items along the way, you get more intermediate prizes, and those with attacks that already crush an old L50 boss (and there are quite a few of them, and growing more each event cycle), have the ability to continue further. Explain to me what there is to complain about? Or if your only insight was that "it's harder to beat a L100 boss now than the old L50 boss," be sure to share any other tautologies you might have.

Timmaaay
09-19-2013, 04:18 PM
#owned

(characters)

Okay, so your insight is that the new level 100 boss is harder than the old level 50 boss? Well I would certainly hope so, since the old level 50 boss gave a 5k stat item, and this one gives a 60k item.

The fact is that it is easier to get better stats in this event with the same attack you had in the previous boss event. If old level 50 = new level 70, note that along the way you get a 5500/3800 item for #70, a 3300/3500 item for #65, a 2200/5800 for #60, a 3000/2700 for #55, a 2400/2300 for #50... etc, etc. The prizes for old L30 (new L50) and old L50 (new L70) are there, but not only do you now get better boss items along the way, you get more intermediate prizes, and those with attacks that already crush an old L50 boss (and there are quite a few of them, and growing more each event cycle), have the ability to continue further. Explain to me what there is to complain about? Or if your only insight was that "it's harder to beat a L100 boss now than the old L50 boss," be sure to share any other tautologies you might have.

tigger1927
09-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Just skip it if you don't like it.

potvin
09-19-2013, 07:56 PM

Explain to me why they would make a new structured boss event easier or even just as easy to accommodate free or low gold buyers. IT'S HARDER. Doesn't matter if you're talking health or even the amount of levels needed. Be sure to include how much gold it takes to kill level 100. Obviously you can do that with all those prizes you got along the way

grumpster
09-20-2013, 05:49 AM
to say the recent or any sltq is anti camper is outright dumb .... where else can one not do a dang thing and collect on other peeps hard work (ecept here in the obama welfare state of course ) .... campers are nothing but bunch whiny piss pots .............. lol reply will be deleted in 5...4...3...2...

bald zeemer
09-20-2013, 06:08 AM
Explain to me why they would make a new structured boss event easier or even just as easy to accommodate free or low gold buyers. IT'S HARDER. Doesn't matter if you're talking health or even the amount of levels needed. Be sure to include how much gold it takes to kill level 100. Obviously you can do that with all those prizes you got along the way

It's harder to finish the whole event, but easier to get the same stats as you would have got for finishing the old event.

The old event was becoming absurd at higher levels, because it had been designed pre-stat inflation. The new event allows you to complete as per the old event (for better rewards), and allows others to partake in an event that is more entertaining and challenging.

Your problem seems to be that you want an insanely powerful weapon for the same time/effort/money as you put in earning a weapon that was equivalent to another dozen handed out every week (or equivalent to a boss rare in the top tier on this event).

I love that they spent the time and effort to design a system that allows players of all levels to compete and get rewards that are appropriate. No, you can't start a brand new account and get the exact same progress as a matured account. Which is exactly as it should be. Yes, you can compete in the event and improve your account, setting you up for greater progress in the future. Which is exactly as it should be.

Fredfreddy
09-20-2013, 06:13 AM
It's harder to finish the whole event, but easier to get the same stats as you would have got for finishing the old event.

The old event was becoming absurd at higher levels, because it had been designed pre-stat inflation. The new event allows you to complete as per the old event (for better rewards), and allows others to partake in an event that is more entertaining and challenging.

Your problem seems to be that you want an insanely powerful weapon for the same time/effort/money as you put in earning a weapon that was equivalent to another dozen handed out every week (or equivalent to a boss rare in the top tier on this event).

I love that they spent the time and effort to design a system that allows players of all levels to compete and get rewards that are appropriate. No, you can't start a brand new account and get the exact same progress as a matured account. Which is exactly as it should be. Yes, you can compete in the event and improve your account, setting you up for greater progress in the future. Which is exactly as it should be.

BZ, apols if you've answered this already elsewhere, but I was wondering what level you got to in this event with cash hits?

bald zeemer
09-20-2013, 06:17 AM
I started late so I went for speed over all else (so I used gold for health refills). I'd estimate I could've cash-hit into the 80s. I'm 27-hitting boss 100. Note: I don't use power attack (mega attack? whatever), but I'm guessing for most players on the top tier it'll be necessary if they want to move through the 90s.

I was 1-hitting into the early 30s from memory.

Big-R
09-20-2013, 06:18 AM

Agreed. Why should gree make a game that is easier not to play?
Older, well structured, well built accounts should be the ones that have the upper hand. Not campers who choose not to play the game.

BigMoney
09-20-2013, 06:33 AM
I started late so I went for speed over all else (so I used gold for health refills). I'd estimate I could've cash-hit into the 80s. I'm 27-hitting boss 100. Note: I don't use power attack (mega attack? whatever), but I'm guessing for most players on the top tier it'll be necessary if they want to move through the 90s.

I was 1-hitting into the early 30s from memory.

If your estimate of L100 is correct, you only need about 800k raw attack and a lot of patience to sit there for 120 minutes to get your 3 hits per gold health pack. :rolleyes: Better clear the schedule...

bald zeemer
09-20-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm pretty sure if you tried to healthpack only on 800k you'd run out of time. ;)

potvin
09-20-2013, 12:01 PM
If your estimate of L100 is correct, you only need about 800k raw attack and a lot of patience to sit there for 120 minutes to get your 3 hits per gold health pack. :rolleyes: Better clear the schedule...
If bald is 27 hitting boss 100 with like 4-5 mill attack I doubt it

potvin
09-20-2013, 12:12 PM

Its not even the same. This is my whole point. You cannot get as deep for free or with little gold. The math tells all. BM says lvl 29 had like 3.5 mill...thats way more than a lvl 15 had before. So..the event is harder....they simply used this structure because of the syn event that it is attached to. No I certainly do not think people should finish and get a 60k item for free or next to nothing. But you can't get similar 5 k items either...unless you spend loads. Don't forget 80-90% of the players don't have 4-5 mill raw attack to get this stuff.
The game is wack anyways. All it is is a big ass money pit you throw into to get "good" at the game. It doesnt require any skill whatsoever. In any other videogame you have a skill factor which allows people to gain stats at how well they know how to play their character. This is a greed fest feeding off of people striving to "win" the game or beat others. In any event, I still log on daily and have multiple accounts. Damn game gets you

budman68
09-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Be curious how many people will hack that weapon. Will make doomsday frag obsolete in hack community.lol

bald zeemer
09-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Its not even the same. This is my whole point. You cannot get as deep for free or with little gold. The math tells all. BM says lvl 29 had like 3.5 mill...thats way more than a lvl 15 had before. So..the event is harder....they simply used this structure because of the syn event that it is attached to. No I certainly do not think people should finish and get a 60k item for free or next to nothing. But you can't get similar 5 k items either...unless you spend loads. Don't forget 80-90% of the players don't have 4-5 mill raw attack to get this stuff.
The game is wack anyways. All it is is a big ass money pit you throw into to get "good" at the game. It doesnt require any skill whatsoever. In any other videogame you have a skill factor which allows people to gain stats at how well they know how to play their character. This is a greed fest feeding off of people striving to "win" the game or beat others. In any event, I still log on daily and have multiple accounts. Damn game gets you

You keep assuming that the new boss should have the same health as the boss of half that level from before. Which is simply a way of arguing that the game shouldn't be extended to include more challenging aspects than it previously did.

To be clear: if the new boss 30 has lower HP than the old boss 30 then you can go further in the event. You may not be able to complete the same % of the event, but that's because the event is now extended to make it relevant again. Which is exactly what I said last time.

You need to grasp that getting the same (or significantly) more stats under the new system compared to the old system can't be legitimately seen as being made worse off.

Facasca
09-20-2013, 01:27 PM
bald zeemer, just for curiosity. How much gold you used? Can you say?

bald zeemer
09-20-2013, 01:48 PM
I can't say, because:
A. I'm not done with this boss, not by a long way. ;)
B. I didn't keep track.

Stooboot
09-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Uh, because the approximate health of the new boss 45 is the same as the approximate health of the old boss 30. Your assertion that "boss HP has increased for all levels" is most certainly incorrect, as it only is true for the lower boss levels. You stop 1 hitting the boss quicker, but you 2-hit, 3-hit, 4-hit the higher bosses much longer. Not sure where you're getting your info from. Hopefully you're not extrapolating to L100 based on L1-10 of the boss.

Took ur word for it but now on boss 35 and theres no possible that this can be true last boss I finished 50 with more than 25 mins left on the clock. this time im 1 hit away from going into that last 25 mins. Im in the same tier and im 150k attack higher so I cant understand how someone could say the 70 boss is like 50 or the 50 boss is like 30

bald zeemer
09-20-2013, 04:35 PM
He said, in the post you quoted, that he was referring to tier 5, and that lower tiers had higher boss health.

potvin
09-20-2013, 08:45 PM
You keep assuming that the new boss should have the same health as the boss of half that level from before. Which is simply a way of arguing that the game shouldn't be extended to include more challenging aspects than it previously did.

To be clear: if the new boss 30 has lower HP than the old boss 30 then you can go further in the event. You may not be able to complete the same % of the event, but that's because the event is now extended to make it relevant again. Which is exactly what I said last time.

You need to grasp that getting the same (or significantly) more stats under the new system compared to the old system can't be legitimately seen as being made worse off.

You need to grasp that because most cannot complete the same % of the event, they cannot get the same ( or significantly ) better stat items... can they? You said it yourself.

bald zeemer
09-20-2013, 08:50 PM
They can get the same (and better) stat items as they were under the old event.

They can't get 60k stat items as easily, though.

They are objectively better off. Their stats are improving faster than if nothing had changed. It's just that there are others whose stats are improving faster.

BigMoney
09-20-2013, 10:52 PM

You need to grasp that because most cannot complete the same % of the event, they cannot get the same ( or significantly ) better stat items... can they? You said it yourself.

Good lord, someone doesn't understand math. Do I need to graph this out for you? You have two lines representing boss health. The L100 boss line has a very, very low slope. The L50 boss has a much steeper slope. The fact that the y-intercept of the L100 line is above the L50 line means absolutely nothing, because the first few levels of the Tier 5 boss are 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k, etc., which literally anyone could be 1 hitting a this point in time. All of the tiers have been properly adjusted in Tier 5 so that you are getting the same type of boss items with the same attack stat-- except there are even more intermediate items given out (every 5 levels).

If you were only getting to the L20 or L30 boss, you were only spending a day or two killing bosses anyway. Now you're killing an equivalent number of bosses (almost certainly more than you were before if your attack is above 131k-- and if it isn't, what are you doing in Tier 5?), but a bit slower because their HP has increased, requiring more hits to kill-- but just as many, if not far more, can be killed. Which not only nets more boss items from the increased number of bosses, but you get addition boss items every 5 levels, whose stats are exactly on par with what they were before (but now there are far more of them).

I really don't see why you have such trouble understanding this. You're adamant in your claim that the boss event is "harder" without any idea of the relative HP stats of either the bosses before or afterwards.

As bald zeemer already said, the boss event is harder to complete (as it should be, with a final prize of 60k attack as opposed to 5k attack). Unless your attack is under 96k, you are able to get farther in the event (netting more boss items as well as intermediary boss items with better stats) now than you were before. Not rocket science here.

Didas
09-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Sorry, but the boss event is harder to start as well. The intersection point where the new boss event becomes easier than the old one is pretty far down the road. I haven't reached it yet, but I'm estimating that it happens at around boss 25 for tier 5 and even higher for the lower tiers. If your attack isn't high enough to reach the intersection point, then you aren't going to get as many prizes as before. The bonuses every 5 levels and the upgrading of items every 25 levels helps offset this a little bit.

From my estimates, my fairly strong tier 2 LLP would complete the old boss 50 with only 9 cash hits. Now, I don't think I'm going to make it past 35 and end up with much worse prizes than before. My average tier 5 HLP is going to finish about the same as before, around boss 25, with slightly better prizes from the bonus items.

Just because you are strong enough to get past the intersection point into the higher level prizes doesn't mean everyone is going to have anything close to a similar experience. I would guess that an average player is going to receive the same or worse prizes from this new boss event. That doesn't necessarily make it a bad event, but it does mean people are going to be unhappy about it.

BigMoney
09-21-2013, 12:56 AM
Sorry, but the boss event is harder to start as well. The intersection point where the new boss event becomes easier than the old one is pretty far down the road. I haven't reached it yet, but I'm estimating that it happens at around boss 25 for tier 5 and even higher for the lower tiers. If your attack isn't high enough to reach the intersection point, then you aren't going to get as many prizes as before. The bonuses every 5 levels and the upgrading of items every 25 levels helps offset this a little bit.

From my estimates, my fairly strong tier 2 LLP would complete the old boss 50 with only 9 cash hits. Now, I don't think I'm going to make it past 35 and end up with much worse prizes than before. My average tier 5 HLP is going to finish about the same as before, around boss 25, with slightly better prizes from the bonus items.

Just because you are strong enough to get past the intersection point into the higher level prizes doesn't mean everyone is going to have anything close to a similar experience. I would guess that an average player is going to receive the same or worse prizes from this new boss event. That doesn't necessarily make it a bad event, but it does mean people are going to be unhappy about it.

In terms of boss HP alone, yes, an old L24 boss had 2.5 mil HP, and a new L25 boss has about 2.6 mil HP. The first 19 bosses used to have less than 1mil HP, and now L14 or L15 has 1mil HP.

If your attack is above 131k, you can get to L20 and receive better items (currently summing to 690 atk / 1110 def) than you could have received under the old boss (e.g. one single stat L20 item that was 500/800 or so). With 131k attack, you could only get to L21 of the old boss anyway. And further, if your attack is 131k attack or less in Tier 5, you are at the very, very bottom of Tier 5, and represent a very small minority of players. The players below 131k attack in Tier 5 are technically worse off with the new boss, but I can't imagine they represent more than the tiniest fraction of players (who might be better off starting anew anyway).

Edit: "Just because you are strong enough to get past the intersection point into the higher level prizes doesn't mean everyone is going to have anything close to a similar experience. I would guess that an average player is going to receive the same or worse prizes from this new boss event." -- if you think the average player (or even median player) in Tier 5 has less than 131k attack, you are very, very sorely mistaken.

Didas
09-21-2013, 03:06 AM
I'm not sure where you get 131k attack from, I get something closer to 160k to beat boss 20, which isn't great by today's standards, but was probably average for my level a few months ago. Keep in mind that tier 5 includes players all the way down to level 101. I have almost twice that and it's only going to get me 5-10 bosses more. So, it's better than the old system by a bit in tier 5.

I know that it's worse by more than half in tier 2. I can't imagine that it's much better for tiers 3 and 4. So, better prizes for average to above average tier 5, worse for everyone else? I can understand the desire to rebalance boss events, but I can't say I'm thrilled about it because it doesn't do all that much for me.

potvin
09-21-2013, 03:40 AM
You have to realize it totally depends on a person's attack. If BM is sitting over 2 million attack or even under and bald is 4-5...how can you imply people will get better prizes than before. If I could easily complete a level 50 boss before I cannot certainly get close to 100 now. You say the prizes around lvl 70 are comparitive to a lvl 50 completion of the old one. There's no way I can even get close to 70 on my tier 4 with 327k attack...so it isnt rocket science. You can't get the 5k loot anymore unless you have a couple million attack...unless you load up with gold. And as far as loot along the way...we also had that in the past...beat him 20....30....and finally fifty for example

bald zeemer
09-21-2013, 03:54 AM
You have to realize it totally depends on a person's attack. If BM is sitting over 2 million attack or even under and bald is 4-5...how can you imply people will get better prizes than before. If I could easily complete a level 50 boss before I cannot certainly get close to 100 now. You say the prizes around lvl 70 are comparitive to a lvl 50 completion of the old one. There's no way I can even get close to 70 on my tier 4 with 327k attack...so it isnt rocket science. You can't get the 5k loot anymore unless you have a couple million attack...unless you load up with gold. And as far as loot along the way...we also had that in the past...beat him 20....30....and finally fifty for example

Yes, tiers 1-4 are much harder. Because they were ludicrously understrength before, and now have been brought in line with the average stats at that level.

Tier 5, which was always extremely difficult, has been made easier.

To clarify a few points:
1. Both BM and I aren't randomly assuming that because we beat boss x then boss x is easily beaten. We work out boss health, compare to previous boss health, and then figure out what boss attack is required to perform to certain levels. This also related to Didas saying "I don't know where you get 131k attack from" - he got it from figuring out the breakeven point, not be broad estimation.
2. Beating boss 100 is not the equivalent of beating boss 50 under the old system. They have not simply doubled the number of bosses, they have redesigned the entire event. If you could beat boss 50 before, then as long as you can obtain comparable stats under the new system as under the old you are not worse off.
3. The realignment of stats is a good thing, and well overdue. I had a camper account that had done literally nothing (I check in once a day, if that) which could beat boss 50 more easily than my main. No matter which way you swing it that it ridiculous. The new system no longer punishes people for playing the game. So if you want to get further on bosses you have the option to play more events and use your better stats in a higher tier and still go further. This simply was not possible under the old system.
4. Boss 50 in tier 5 has 10m attack (or near enough as makes no difference). 769k attack can take that for free. Along the way you get 10 intermediate prizes (the last few of which are quite good, in the 2-3k region), and 25 bites at a pretty impressive set of rares. And a significantly more impressive set on the next boss. Under the old system 769k would get you boss 38, hence 2 intermediate prizes and a haul of significantly worse boss items.

potvin
09-21-2013, 05:23 AM
Yes, tiers 1-4 are much harder. Because they were ludicrously understrength before, and now have been brought in line with the average stats at that level.

Tier 5, which was always extremely difficult, has been made easier.

To clarify a few points:
1. Both BM and I aren't randomly assuming that because we beat boss x then boss x is easily beaten. We work out boss health, compare to previous boss health, and then figure out what boss attack is required to perform to certain levels. This also related to Didas saying "I don't know where you get 131k attack from" - he got it from figuring out the breakeven point, not be broad estimation.
2. Beating boss 100 is not the equivalent of beating boss 50 under the old system. They have not simply doubled the number of bosses, they have redesigned the entire event. If you could beat boss 50 before, then as long as you can obtain comparable stats under the new system as under the old you are not worse off.
3. The realignment of stats is a good thing, and well overdue. I had a camper account that had done literally nothing (I check in once a day, if that) which could beat boss 50 more easily than my main. No matter which way you swing it that it ridiculous. The new system no longer punishes people for playing the game. So if you want to get further on bosses you have the option to play more events and use your better stats in a higher tier and still go further. This simply was not possible under the old system.
4. Boss 50 in tier 5 has 10m attack (or near enough as makes no difference). 769k attack can take that for free. Along the way you get 10 intermediate prizes (the last few of which are quite good, in the 2-3k region), and 25 bites at a pretty impressive set of rares. And a significantly more impressive set on the next boss. Under the old system 769k would get you boss 38, hence 2 intermediate prizes and a haul of significantly worse boss items.
Finally a post that makes sense. By no means was I agreeing or disagreeing that it should or shouldnt be harder. But I wanted people to admit it was a harder event. As you say, I believe the event is balanced across the tiers. It seems I can get up to about the same lvl as my tier 2 and 4 and 5 toons. My tier 5 guy has 600k attack at lvl 160...don't know how far I can go for free. I was "smart" and stopped killing the boss after the first 15 lvls after day one as I knew we'd have a second and possibly more parts to the boss event. I knew this because it said "on the run 1". So I havent maxed out the amount of boss kills yet as I am pacing for the syndicate. Any idea how many I could free hit up to what lvl?

BigMoney
09-21-2013, 05:42 AM
My tier 5 guy has 600k attack at lvl 160...So I havent maxed out the amount of boss kills yet as I am pacing for the syndicate. Any idea how many I could free hit up to what lvl?

Just shy of L50, either L48 or L49. L49 has somewhere between 7.2-8mil HP, but I couldn't tell how much exactly.

bald zeemer
09-21-2013, 05:48 AM
600k should get you to in the 40s somewhere (and bearing in mind that your stats will increase significantly during the event). Basically 20-~70 there is a very gradual increase in boss HP, then there is a sharper increase, and in the final 10 the increase is brutal (over 20m increase in boss HP from 99 to 100 alone).

The exact HP all the way through hasn't been mapped, so the numbers (especially at lower levels) may be off moderately. But I can guarantee you can't do 50 for free (with current stats, see above). Providing your info on how many hits per boss, etc in the boss damage info thread will help in that mapping. The people who blast through early tend to have much higher stats, so for lower boss HP it's incredibly hard to get a firm number. "Boss 20 has less than 3m HP", or "boss 29 has between 2 and 4 million" are better than nothing, but realistically not overly useful (and also purely theoretical examples. Although I'm pretty sure boss health doesn't cross 3m until somewhere in the high 20s).

Some firm(er) numbers to give you some bracketing:
Boss 29 is around 3.4m HP
Boss 42 is around 6.7m HP
Boss 54 is around 10.5m HP

edit/ I hadn't written that out before. Looks like boss HP increases at around 250-300k per level for that middle span.

Mil Mascaras
09-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Since I started this thread, here are some thoughts as the hp and XP issues become clearer:

The basic premise here seems to be to getting rid of campers, but also giving them and everyone else a way to massively inflate stats so that camping is not needed to get a top level attack score.

That seems to be a good plan. My only issue with the 100 boss change and the new hp, is that even though we get pretty good extra weapons every 5th boss in addition to the regular prizes at every boss beaten, and we get the upgrade at the 3 levels of weapons at levels 25, 50 and 75, no matter how much slower the boss HP increases than it did at the prior mode from level 20 to 50, it appears that even with all of us getting over 1,000,000 attack, the raw scores still dont grow as fast as the hp for what will be the final few bosses on way to 100.

While I can see gree changing the dynamics so we can no longer beat the 50th boss for the big prize with just 5 or 6 hits (oh the memories), it looks like now it may take multiple vaults to get the 100th boss down at tiers 4 and especially 5.

The boss event was the only event where we didn't have to spend huge gold to reach the end, but, unless people who reach level 100 report otherwise in the next couple of day, it now looks like its as difficult as competing in the Goldathons gree calls the crate events.

I know some will disagree and say that the trade off for having to now spend huge gold for reaching 100 bosses is the big attack/defense gain that is equal to about 3 top 25 synd war finishes, or maybe 2 top 10 finishes, etc. however, I prefer to spend money on gold at a pace I can afford. Plus, with the other events that they seem to have magnified (like the current 59/59 most wanted with 360,000 energy needed that can cost 4 vaults or more), running at same time as 100 boss event, for those who don't have a money tree at home, it forces us to basically drop out of one event or the other, and likely not completing either event. It has the potential of causing an even bigger spread between the biggest spenders and the rest of us.

Anyway, those are just some thoughts so far.

potvin
09-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Just shy of L50, either L48 or L49. L49 has somewhere between 7.2-8mil HP, but I couldn't tell how much exactly.

Thanks I'll see how that goes.

potvin
09-21-2013, 03:13 PM
600k should get you to in the 40s somewhere (and bearing in mind that your stats will increase significantly during the event). Basically 20-~70 there is a very gradual increase in boss HP, then there is a sharper increase, and in the final 10 the increase is brutal (over 20m increase in boss HP from 99 to 100 alone).

The exact HP all the way through hasn't been mapped, so the numbers (especially at lower levels) may be off moderately. But I can guarantee you can't do 50 for free (with current stats, see above). Providing your info on how many hits per boss, etc in the boss damage info thread will help in that mapping. The people who blast through early tend to have much higher stats, so for lower boss HP it's incredibly hard to get a firm number. "Boss 20 has less than 3m HP", or "boss 29 has between 2 and 4 million" are better than nothing, but realistically not overly useful (and also purely theoretical examples. Although I'm pretty sure boss health doesn't cross 3m until somewhere in the high 20s).

Some firm(er) numbers to give you some bracketing:
Boss 29 is around 3.4m HP
Boss 42 is around 6.7m HP
Boss 54 is around 10.5m HP

edit/ I hadn't written that out before. Looks like boss HP increases at around 250-300k per level for that middle span.
Kinda jives with BM's estimate so looks 40ish. But even getting 20k or w/e of stats along the way doesnt help when boss HP is increasing at 350k each time. That 20k or w/e it may be gets engulfed :p

bald zeemer
09-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Kinda jives with BM's estimate so looks 40ish. But even getting 20k or w/e of stats along the way doesnt help when boss HP is increasing at 350k each time. That 20k or w/e it may be gets engulfed
Remember that a 20k increase equates to an additional 260k of damage in your 13 free hits (and moreso if you are using health refills.

So going to wherever you get to in this boss will make the next one much easier (fewer hits on earlier bosses, giving you more time to complete later bosses, plus the stat increase). Given that the previous format maintained unchanged boss HP for a very long time it seems likely that this will occur again, so you should be looking at how many boss events you'll take to get to a point where you can complete (or get to your desired level, etc).

That seems to be a good plan. My only issue with the 100 boss change and the new hp, is that even though we get pretty good extra weapons every 5th boss in addition to the regular prizes at every boss beaten, and we get the upgrade at the 3 levels of weapons at levels 25, 50 and 75, no matter how much slower the boss HP increases than it did at the prior mode from level 20 to 50, it appears that even with all of us getting over 1,000,000 attack, the raw scores still dont grow as fast as the hp for what will be the final few bosses on way to 100.

That is clearly the intent. If the event were structured so that finishing was within the realm of a large proportion of players (well, even a significant minority) then it would be a clear case of stat inflation destroying everything that came before. If it's restrictive to the point where only those with ridiculous stats can complete then the effect on overall stats is significant, but not game destroying (ie, adding 150-300k overnight for someone already on 300k completely nullifies all past work, whereas to a player with 3m attack it is simply a handy boost, and doesn't completely alter the dynamics of their game).

Mil Mascaras
09-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Remember that a 20k increase equates to an additional 260k of damage in your 13 free hits (and moreso if you are using health refills.

So going to wherever you get to in this boss will make the next one much easier (fewer hits on earlier bosses, giving you more time to complete later bosses, plus the stat increase). Given that the previous format maintained unchanged boss HP for a very long time it seems likely that this will occur again, so you should be looking at how many boss events you'll take to get to a point where you can complete (or get to your desired level, etc).

That is clearly the intent. If the event were structured so that finishing was within the realm of a large proportion of players (well, even a significant minority) then it would be a clear case of stat inflation destroying everything that came before. If it's restrictive to the point where only those with ridiculous stats can complete then the effect on overall stats is significant, but not game destroying (ie, adding 150-300k overnight for someone already on 300k completely nullifies all past work, whereas to a player with 3m attack it is simply a handy boost, and doesn't completely alter the dynamics of their game).

I understand what you are saying, but here's the problem with the end result. Only people with monster raw attack or people with good attack but monster gold access, can finish the 100 bosses. This means that the people at the top will create even more separation from the average active player. The logical conclusion will be that the monster stat players will eventually populate the top ten or even top 25 teams and there will be no real race for top 10 or top 25. Top ten is only 600 people and I think we can agree there are at least 600 people with huge amounts of money at their disposal for any event they want to complete. So making these events so out of reach for the average player only helps the top 5% who have endless $$$ to spend.

Also, take the current events - huge inflation from the 100 boss event and the 59/59 event. Both require several vaults of gold to complete. How many people can afford 4 vaults for the 59/59, a couple of more vaults for the 100 bosses, then more vaults for the 3rd coming LTQ, and then the syndicate war in 2 weeks. Again, who can keep pace with each event? Only a small percent of the players who are already at the top.

bald zeemer
09-21-2013, 11:05 PM
I understand what you are saying, but here's the problem with the end result. Only people with monster raw attack or people with good attack but monster gold access, can finish the 100 bosses. This means that the people at the top will create even more separation from the average active player. The logical conclusion will be that the monster stat players will eventually populate the top ten or even top 25 teams and there will be no real race for top 10 or top 25. Top ten is only 600 people and I think we can agree there are at least 600 people with huge amounts of money at their disposal for any event they want to complete. So making these events so out of reach for the average player only helps the top 5% who have endless $$$ to spend.

Also, take the current events - huge inflation from the 100 boss event and the 59/59 event. Both require several vaults of gold to complete. How many people can afford 4 vaults for the 59/59, a couple of more vaults for the 100 bosses, then more vaults for the 3rd coming LTQ, and then the syndicate war in 2 weeks. Again, who can keep pace with each event? Only a small percent of the players who are already at the top.

You're basically correct, but I think the scope is more limited than you may think. I highly doubt that all members of t10 will complete both events. I think it's more likely that the top few teams will have at or near 100% completion, 4-15 or so will be around the 50% mark, and it will dwindle from there.

The important thing to remember is that this isn't introducing anything new. FC is already at a point where even other top teams often have limited to no options of scoring against them. The same is true (but to a lesser extent) for many top 10 teams against SAS and RG. There are only 2-3 teams in the top 12 from last war that have many targets for your average t25 team. I'm assuming some form of this continues at lower tiers as well.

What this new format does create is the opportunity for a newer player to catch up some of that shortfall, and thus get into a t10 or higher team. As it is, a new player with plenty of gold for battle might get rejected from a top team purely because, to pick an indicative number, 500k stats are basically worthless as they would never get a target to use their gold on.

This is all referring to completion of these events, of course.

Gree has made the events much larger, and included high-end prizes at sub-completion levels. So although a player may not have the capacity to complete the events they can still participate, and still get a significant boost from doing so. This is especially pertinent for the boss event, as the more events they play the greater opportunity to go further in the boss event, with it's rapidly escalating rewards at higher levels. This is the aspect that really makes camping a poor idea - worrying about points per xp is giving up on raw stats, hence hamstringing oneself on future boss events.

TZora
09-21-2013, 11:12 PM
No one is forcing you to participate in the boss event.
+1

still, if you (OP) are to request gree, request them to launch more events that don't add-up XP, allowing you to stick to ur camping level.

baptistpreach
09-21-2013, 11:49 PM
wow, just wanna say that this thread has been very informative. It's also caused me to go back and keep trying to chip away at more bosses, the higher initial hp really scared me off from trying, but thanks to BM and BZ for all the very insightful posts!

BigMoney
09-21-2013, 11:50 PM
I understand what you are saying, but here's the problem with the end result. Only people with monster raw attack or people with good attack but monster gold access, can finish the 100 bosses. This means that the people at the top will create even more separation from the average active player.

Gold spenders can and will do this anyway, regardless of boss events/LTQs/etc. Doesn't matter how "active" you are when someone else can just purchase a bunch of gold items in the store.

The logical conclusion will be that the monster stat players will eventually populate the top ten or even top 25 teams and there will be no real race for top 10 or top 25. Top ten is only 600 people and I think we can agree there are at least 600 people with huge amounts of money at their disposal for any event they want to complete. So making these events so out of reach for the average player only helps the top 5% who have endless $$$ to spend.

Monster stat players already populate the top syndicates, simply by the nature of how syndicate events work. However, the way the matchup system works (a combination of rank, but seemingly more important are aggregate team stats) ensures that the only important factor for placing in the top 10/25 is amount of gold your team is willing to spend. A certain team composed of players whose accounts had strangely never participated in a syndicate war before was able to place in the Top 25, with really awful stats--- whatever 500 of each RP item gets you. Truly awful stats. But awful stats gets you easier matchups with lower-ranked syndicates. GREE wants you to be able to spend as much gold as you can-- more accurately, as much gold as everyone can, so in a few matches, sometimes you're the softball, and sometimes you're the bat. But for the most part, you will get matchups with people you can hit.

But anyway, disagree with your premise that top events shouldn't be out of reach of free players. You can spend about a vault for a limited set and get a couple thousand in stats. In the new boss event and LTQ event, you can get 100k+ stats from a few vaults. Making such events in reach of free players completely nullifies any gold items, and that makes no sense. If you are unhappy with the general idea that people can spend thousands of dollars more than you for better stats, then you are in the wrong game.

Mil Mascaras
09-22-2013, 06:16 AM
I didn't mean that it's unfair to free players. None of this matters to free players because they aren't competing for top stats/weapons anyway. So if they are 1 million behind a gold user or 200,000 behind, it doesn't matter much if the gap between them widens.

I think that even though gree doesn't have an obligation to give us events we can easily complete for huge attack inflation, knowing you won't finish the event and won't get the huge final prize unless you pay through the a$$ for it is like doing a puzzle that you know is missing a piece or two. It takes the fun out of it.

By the way, anyone have info for what the hp needed for final boss at tiers 4 and 5?

bald zeemer
09-22-2013, 06:23 AM
Final boss on tier 5 is, I believe, 96m

It is definitely between 95.6m and 96.5m.

NFI about tier 4.

CCKallDAY
09-22-2013, 06:45 AM
The senseless anti-camper attitude has led to this joke of a boss event. The attack amount needed to take down the boss has been increased significantly, the xp totals have gone sky high, and the event has increased to 100 bosses, so Millionaire has a huge job ahead of him to produce a new 100-boss chart for 5 levels.

Other than fight club and hackers, how many people will spend enough or can afford enough gold to beat 100 bosses, especially at tier 5? What's it gonna take to beat boss 100 at tier 5 - 50 million hp?

What does Gree want this to lead to, everyone reaching level 250 in a couple of months so we can all average 250 I.P. per fight during the syndicate war?

Gree - people play this game for entertainment, for a virtual sense of accomplishment and escapism, not to enrich Gree, so some like to level up fast and compete in every single event to the max, while others enjoy having a huge attack/defense at a low level, which makes them a valuable asset in syndicate battles, so they slow-play and don't level up fast and, yes, they don't shell out cash for gold to finish LTQ or the pvp brawls.

This new boss event format is a temper tantrum by gree to punish campers and to make the price of completing the 100 boss event a massive level up - 25,000 xp for tier 3, 35,000 xp for tier 4.

The boss event was a favorite of many players, and now its just a device to kill off campers, for whom the event was a key part of playing this game.

Let the trolling begin!Who's Millionaire?

bald zeemer
09-22-2013, 06:48 AM
Bill got demoted, apparently.

;)

Addicted2CrimeCity
09-22-2013, 08:40 AM
I actually have just joined here to Echo the sentiments of the OP. So frustrating after getting to Level 37/50 in the last boss event and realising that I've got no chance of getting close to that this time unless I shell out for a huge amount of gold.

When it's taking 30 gold bars to get to Level 20, it's really not worth it for the time and effort. And this is coming from someone who has a few gold bars. So I've decided not to pursue.

When you consider a vault of gold is £69.99, how is this a good investment when it doesn't even guarantee you of finishing the event?

I've also upgraded a Big Top to level 4 and just seen how much money it will cost me to upgrade to level 10, so no chance of that. Who the hell has £252m to upgrade a building to Level 10? Complete joke.

I want to develop my stats (100k defence and attack), but it's simply not worth it.

I've been playing the game for 3 months solid and my enthusiam has dwindled substancially because of all the above and am considering jacking it in.

Rant over.

Mil Mascaras
09-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Bill got demoted, apparently.

;)

Demoted? Why? By whom?

Brahmin
09-22-2013, 01:09 PM
My problem with this boss event is twofold first they raise the ceiling to the absurd level of 100, 50 was already pushing the boundaries of monotony in my opinion. Never mind the gold required for most of us to take out 100 bosses in the time allotted; what about the obscene amount of time and dedication to setting timers and defeating bosses ad infinitum. The second aspect of my complaint is at the same time they raise the total amount of bosses to be killed they also increase his strength. Last boss event I was in the 50-75 tier and nearly made it to fifty w/out gold, this time in the same tier I will be lucky to boss 35 w/out gold. There's no way in hell I will even consider spending gold on bosses anymore. Why would I, as soon as I make to a point where I can finish the bosses with a reasonable amount of gold they will again raise his strength and probably make us go to 200 next time. At what point does this become more work than fun?