PDA

View Full Version : Huge problem!!

Billy
08-16-2011, 11:07 AM
There is one really Huge problem that really ticks me off. My total mafia defence is 662 (at level 15) and from what I understand the defence is to fight off opposing rivals who try to rob/attack me. I'm getting robbed/attacked by people with a total mafia attack of 300-500 and losing!! Losing $1000+(ice cream building lvl 6) What's the point of spending all my money/time building up my defence if im going to get robbed by anyone??

Ps/ total mafia attack is 518

Crime City Mark
08-16-2011, 01:24 PM
What's your UDID or invite code? We'll check this out.

Billy
08-16-2011, 03:17 PM
894 684 702

I really wanted to buy some gold but what's the point if I'm still gonna be getting robbed/ attacked by people with lower stats than mine

fatacad
08-16-2011, 03:38 PM
I have the same problem, I'm getting attacked and losing at level 18 by people with 300 less attack than I have defense, and although I win the majority of the time it still ticks me off. The same thing happens when I attack people with 300 less defense than my attack, and I would win once, then lose, then win. Is this a glitch or is there a random element in play? I don't understand the meaning of total attack and defense if there is a random probability to win fights. My code is 677 283 786. Thanks

Crime City Mark
08-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Are you losing a fight or being robbed?

fatacad
08-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Both, however if i understand correctly you will successfully be robbed by people within 100 points of your defense, is that right? My defense is about 900 and i've been robbed and attacked, losing by players who have attack totals in the 500's. I'm just not sure if its normal to lose sometimes by weaker players, and if so how are the fight results calculated?

envy
08-16-2011, 07:23 PM
same thing happens when I attack people with 300 less defense than my attack, and I would win once, then lose, then win. Is this a glitch or is there a random element in play? I don't understand the meaning of total attack and defense if there is a random probability to win fights.

Wow or OMG why is this the same problem im having i cant even get the "winning streak round 6" completed because of this, which is 15 consecutive wins/no losses...Both my attack/defense is 600+ and im losing to those with less than mines...

envy
08-16-2011, 07:27 PM
I really wanted to buy some gold but what's the point if I'm still gonna be getting robbed/ attacked by people with lower stats than mine

x2 Please look into it Mark im having same issues as these fellow mobsters... 754 465 936

Crime City Mark
08-17-2011, 12:49 PM
When you're being robbed your items only count for half value. This is likely what you're experiencing.

fatacad
08-17-2011, 01:14 PM
And what about when I'm "attacked", not robbed, by someone who has much less attack than I have defense? I lose about 50% of all fights by people who are weaker than me

Whip88
07-17-2012, 02:37 AM
Wow this an old thread I wonder if marks post is still valid?

NV555
07-17-2012, 02:55 AM
I wonder what lv they are now at and if it was never ending loosing?

Second Comming
07-17-2012, 03:14 AM
Funny Necro - it was this thread that initially made people think things and answer questions like this (without any proof to back things up, this went on and on until version 2 was released):

Answer A - If you PVP someone from the fight screen their building defence is not counted

Answer B - Robbing is a lot easier because only 50% of your equipment defence goes towards robberies

I personally got very suspicious of this because I was struggling to Rob a guy around lvl50-60 whose defence was 18K (all equipment including 100 Turbo Vipers) and I had 15k attack. He would Rob my hood easily (I also had 3k more defence from him but 6-10 lvl 7-10 Bodyguard Agencies. I was winning about 1/3 of my robberies and his defence was only 16-17% higher than mine.

After Version 2 came out we were able to see peoples defence in the fight screen and the series of missions that lead to the Golden Grenade Launcher and Golden Gattling Guns allowed a few people to test exactly what adding and upgrading defence bulidings does for your true defence score that people see in the fight log. Below were the facts/conclusions from the various testing done (I htink the thread is still in the sticky's Best of the Best guides by Peacock)

*It turned out that the 10% additional from Tycoon does absolutely nothing other than give the impression in your profile defence that you actually have got more defence

*You get the full defence listed in the shop for each defence building you purchase at lvl1

*For each additional upgrade, levels 2-10 the only true defence you get is 50% of the base defence each time you level it up (for example, lvl1 Snipers gives 3def, you then only get 1.5def for each upgrade to lvl10 giving a total of 17true defence, complete garbage for the space it takes up and the upgrade times to get to lvl10, hence why you don't see them nearly as much anymore).

As a result peoples tactics towards the best way to manage defence buildings changed. Not many people sold their agencies because the return is pathetic, they don';t take up to much spece, and hold onto them in the hope one day the defence from defence buildings will change in a good way.

1) leveling any defence building above 3-4 is pointless.
2) The early defence buildings are pretty much worthless
3) Gattling Guns and Missile Turretts take up the least space, building 50 Gattlings and upping them to lvl3 is an additional 2500 to your true defence, 50 lvl 1 Missile Turretts adds 2100 and will take 100days to build all 50, upgrading them takes half the timen and 50 lvl2 MT's will add 3150 to your actual defence. After that if you want more defence from buildings then Surveilance centers and Sniper Dens would be next.

On a sad note, CCM is one of the game devs and seemingly purposely threw peeps off in this thread. He also stated after all the testing was done that the results/conclusions from the testing were wrong, but failed to enlighten us as to how, or even provide a counter arguement to the discussions. Make your own mind up on that one but peoples experiances after understanding this stopped varying nearly as much and their were/are many times less of 'why or how is this happening when I have xxx of this and xxx of that'.

Whip88
07-17-2012, 03:15 AM
I am sure they don't play anymore, The real question is have the mechanics changed since then?

Welcome to the forum NV555.

NV555
07-17-2012, 03:35 AM
Thank you and glad to be here I'm getting a lot of good intell on the interworkings of the game.