PDA

View Full Version : what happens if you factory reset

ploop
09-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Hi, my tablet shut down during war:mad:, and after it charged it wouldn't turn on. So i called the asus nexus support and the representative said the only way to fix it is factory reset. long story short i have to factory reset my tablet(nexus 7 2012) i didnt yet. i pm'ed an officer for my modern war faction. he said he once had to reset his phone but he didnt lose his data because the data was on gree servers.

Is that true. i dont want to lose any data.(see my signature to see why). if this happened to you can you leave the feedback and if your data was lost.

thanks guys,

djesus
09-18-2013, 02:12 PM
I've factory reset my phone a good 3 times, pretty much on my droid all i gotta do is re-download the app. its still on my SD card and as long as its on the same phone/tablet everything should be there. everything stayed the same with mine

python81
09-18-2013, 02:31 PM
worst case is u have to get gree to put ur game back on your tablet. i FDR my android razr maxx and lost my game, good thing i copied all files off phone and sd card to computer and then put back the game files and updated CC and had my game back.

ploop
09-18-2013, 02:36 PM
keep it coming. would be great if you have a nexus 7 and this happened to you. but anything android will do

ploop
09-18-2013, 02:42 PM
worst case is u have to get gree to put ur game back on your tablet. i FDR my android razr maxx and lost my game, good thing i copied all files off phone and sd card to computer and then put back the game files and updated CC and had my game back.

so you are saying if i factory reset my nexus and redownload crime city and modern war and tell gree to transfer my games back i will have all my data back?

Dkaell
09-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Hi, my tablet shut down during war:mad:, and after it charged it wouldn't turn on. So i called the asus nexus support and the representative said the only way to fix it is factory reset. long story short i have to factory reset my tablet(nexus 7 2012) i didnt yet. i pm'ed an officer for my modern war faction. he said he once had to reset his phone but he didnt lose his data because the data was on gree servers.

Is that true. i dont want to lose any data.(see my signature to see why). if this happened to you can you leave the feedback and if your data was lost.

thanks guys,

I looked at your signature, go ahead and factory reset and hope it wipes your data so you can start again

ploop
09-18-2013, 03:44 PM
I looked at your signature, go ahead and factory reset and hope it wipes your data so you can start again

i don't want to start again

Mack The Knife
09-18-2013, 03:46 PM
if tablets are similar to phones then yes. you'll be fine. I've done several factory resets and my game is always as I left it once I reinstall crime city.

Travers
09-18-2013, 03:48 PM
If you factory restate your ipod data will still be on there for crime city. I did it 2 times and it was on there with your current account.

TMI
09-18-2013, 03:55 PM

That was kinda mean. Hmm, but what did I find here? Interesting.

I'm at lvl 64 with 265A/255D and find there are only a handful with better stats but a decent amount with similar stats. My second account is lvl 189 with 330A/370D and there are many more in the pool that much, much higher than me

sledge 187
09-18-2013, 03:58 PM
I had to do a factory reset on my galaxy s3 and my game was gone. When I intalled cc and mw it opened a new game and had to give gree my game info for both old and new account. They restored it within a day though.

What you are describing should not require a factory reset though. Since you cannot pull the batery out, look up the procedure on how to soft reset it using the volume and power button(or something similar). Should take care of it??

ploop
09-18-2013, 04:02 PM
I had to do a factory reset on my galaxy s3 and my game was gone. When I intalled cc and mw it opened a new game and had to give gree my game info for both old and new account. They restored it within a day though.

thanks for the feedback. support must have had a slow ticket day

TMI
09-18-2013, 04:05 PM
good luck :)
I remember when i got my phone wet and had to get a new one. I was without CC or MW for almost a week. It was so stressful! Especially with the time and/or money that you've put in.

ploop
09-18-2013, 04:05 PM
If you factory restate your ipod data will still be on there for crime city. I did it 2 times and it was on there with your current account.

thanks for the feedback. i unfortunately have a nexus 7 2012 and i have to do a factory reset for my tablet to start working again. and some people like you are saying your data will still be there but others are saying it wont and you have to send in a ticket

ploop
09-18-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaell
I'm at lvl 64 with 265A/255D and find there are only a handful with better stats but a decent amount with similar stats. My second account is lvl 189 with 330A/370D and there are many more in the pool that much, much higher than me.

thanks TMI. he has a camper. this is my main and only account.

Dkaell
09-18-2013, 04:24 PM

Lol TMI that did come out appearing mean but the point was to hope for a reset because the stats were nothing special and would more than likely result in a much stronger character with the current and ever evolving stat inflation.

Is that better Bro?

TMI
09-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Lol TMI that did come out appearing mean but the point was to hope for a reset because the stats were nothing special and would more than likely result in a much stronger character with the current and ever evolving stat inflation.

Is that better Bro?

:) i love you ;)

ploop
09-18-2013, 04:31 PM

Is that better Bro?

well at my level i beat most people. and i have one device. please keep this thread at the topic. thanks

ploop
09-18-2013, 04:37 PM
anyone else

Dkaell
09-18-2013, 04:38 PM
:) i love you ;)

Since I'm not in a top 10 I don't want any drama. :)

Dkaell
09-18-2013, 04:42 PM
well at my level i beat most people. and i have one device. please keep this thread at the topic. thanks

What faction you with in CC?

ploop
09-18-2013, 04:44 PM
What faction you with in CC?

team lupo

ps its syndicate not faction

ploop
09-18-2013, 04:45 PM
anyone else

Dkaell
09-18-2013, 04:50 PM
team lupo

K, I'll look out for you next battle. You should pay me north of 400 points per hit. :)

ploop
09-18-2013, 04:51 PM
:mad:
K, I'll look out for you next battle. You should pay me north of 400 points per hit. :)

good for you. what syn are you with

CJ54
09-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Short answer given that I'm not familiar with Android tablet behavior on factory reset is, I'm not sure. I'm inquiring, but as other people have said the worst that can happen is that it disassociates your device from your account. That does NOT mean your game is forever gone or unrecoverable. Here's what you do:

1: Before the factory reset: write down your character invite code (the 9-digit number you'd give to people to get them in your mafia)

2: After the factory reset: reinstall, boot up the game. If your character is there, awesome. If not, do not panic. Send a message to support through the in-game contact with your old character's invite code (the one you wrote down) and tell support that you want your old character back on your device. Support may ask a few questions, after that you will have your character back.

So yeah, worst case scenario you lose access to the character for a day or so (our response time for transfers averages 2 days, although we can hit delays if something big hits the fan) but get them back on the device.

TMI
09-18-2013, 05:24 PM
.....IBTL.....

ploop
thanks cj. as always speedy response

ploop
.....IBTL.....

really. might as well join you IBTL

NOT

Smallestelf
09-18-2013, 06:10 PM
with android I started playing this about 18 months ago opn a tablet, IK then got rid of the tablet, downloaded the game again a few months later and all my data was there (I had forgotten I even had an account when I re downloaded it)

Marlena
09-18-2013, 06:24 PM
did the factory reset this morning since my device would not start. only thing that i had to do was get the apps again.. all the data was there.

Dkaell
09-18-2013, 06:42 PM
:mad:

good for you. what syn are you with

SAS, hit me up

Absolute silence
09-18-2013, 10:03 PM
good luck :)
I remember when i got my phone wet and had to get a new one. I was without CC or MW for almost a week. It was so stressful! Especially with the time and/or money that you've put in.

Why don't you tell the WHOLE story TMI?

Folks, TMI actually was piss drunk, took a call while relieving himself, dropped it in the urinal, fished it out, it slipped out of his hand and he stepped on it.

Absolute silence
09-18-2013, 10:05 PM
team lupo

Oh you are with lupo?

Just want to say on behalf of ALL syndicates.... We are sorry and now understand.

ploop
09-19-2013, 03:30 AM
Oh you are with lupo?

Just want to say on behalf of ALL syndicates.... We are sorry and now understand.

its not that bad

ploop
09-19-2013, 03:31 AM
SAS, hit me up

why pm you.

ploop
09-19-2013, 12:29 PM
bump. anyone else. i might do it today because im missing the boss and ltb. i can finally buy one

ploop
09-19-2013, 01:04 PM
thanks for all the feedback.

ploop
09-19-2013, 01:27 PM

What you are describing should not require a factory reset though. Since you cannot pull the batery out, look up the procedure on how to soft reset it using the volume and power button(or something similar). Should take care of it??

the asus representative i spoke to said it was the only way