PDA

View Full Version : Here's my super simple solution for Gree's West Side Fiasco...

Dr Girlfriend
09-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Award all the exact same prizes, complete with modifiers, again. But this time, give them to just the original tiers.

So the teams who finished 1-10 get two of the top ten items, two top 25 items, etc., while the teams who finished 11 & 12 get one top ten item, and two top 25 items, etc. In this way, the teams who Gree felt needed to be offered something extra for their wartime blunders get rewarded - but not as much as the teams who legitimately finished in the brackets we were all fighting for over the first 72 hours and 58 minutes of the event.

No one can complain about the prizes given out, because they're the prizes they were originally battling for in the first place.

Fair and remarkably easy to get done, all at no cost to Gree's precious bottom line.

And then, never ever again change the rules or parameters of a war during the war.

gsxr_07
09-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Ill second this good call something needs to be done

The_
09-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Awesome idea! I'm sure they will immediately take in considering of this brilliant plan and work on it right away! Lolololololooooollll

alex5953
09-18-2013, 08:33 AM
I could live with this option ,so come on grreed show that you care about your customers

budman68
09-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Sounds reasonable. So it means it will not happen. Gree logic.

Msteel
09-18-2013, 08:55 AM
I concur. Great idea. I wouldn't mind a vault of gold though :)

Dr Girlfriend
09-18-2013, 09:19 AM
I concur. Great idea. I wouldn't mind a vault of gold though :)

Haha! Me neither!

The greedy solution for my 4th place team would be to have them extend the top three prize the way they did every other tier :) , but in fairness, what my teammates and I fought (and paid!) for was to be that single top ten item ahead of teams #11 on down. This solution accomplishes that. And the teams who finished 11th and 12th can't complain, either, because they're still that item up on teams #13 on down, they're just no longer on equal footing with the legitimate top ten - and so on, thru every tier.

Fair, IMHO, and extremely easy to get done.

Fredfreddy
09-18-2013, 09:27 AM
You should make this a poll. We got the top 50 prize by getting 56th, but I would still agree with you, it was a bad call.

The Fonz
09-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Award all the exact same prizes, complete with modifiers, again. But this time, give them to just the original tiers.

So the teams who finished 1-10 get two of the top ten items, two top 25 items, etc., while the teams who finished 11 & 12 get one top ten item, and two top 25 items, etc. In this way, the teams who Gree felt needed to be offered something extra for their wartime blunders get rewarded - but not as much as the teams who legitimately finished in the brackets we were all fighting for over the first 72 hours and 58 minutes of the event.

No one can complain about the prizes given out, because they're the prizes they were originally battling for in the first place.

Fair and remarkably easy to get done, all at no cost to Gree's precious bottom line.

And then, never ever again change the rules or parameters of a war during the war.
Agreed on both points. At this point, a 'one size fits all' solution (such as awarding 'X' amount of gold to each player) is no better than any of the poorly conceived and implemented decisions over the weekend. The only proper and acceptable remedy is to award the correct prizes to the original tiers, and no tinkering with the parameters, rules or reward system while a syndicate event is already in progress.

GravyTrain
09-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Completely agree, as we would have dropped gold regardless to secure the top 50 spot in the end. But it felt like a waste after the last minute tier change. Makes sense the true original tier winners get something cool and then everyone is super happy! Please listen to the mass's gree! :)

AZZ.
09-18-2013, 10:09 AM
I like this idea!

goby
09-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Sounds good to me, but just make sure modifiers do stack this time lol

MrM
09-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Stacking the modifiers would put the teams that get them twice at an unfair advantage over the teams that finished below their tier and received the prize for that tier. For example, top 25 teams from 13-25 suddenly see the top 10 teams receiving a double 10% gun attack mod, a huge deal. If this would be implemented it would have to be the prizes without stackable mods.

cc thunder
09-18-2013, 11:30 AM
I agree, this seems fair to reward the items minus the modifiers, but knowing gree they will take the modifiers away from every item as a mistake move, lol

kykboxr
09-18-2013, 11:45 AM
I concur Dr Girlfriend 100%. We paid dearly for top 10 this war, some more than others, and the short sighted ness to open this to the top 12 really needs to be addressed for those who spent 6M more than 12. If we would have known about this blunder on Friday, we would have saved THOUSANDS of dollars. Do the right thing Gree

jimbo.
09-18-2013, 12:18 PM
I like the sound of this, great idea, everyone wins then, and very simple!

redhood
09-18-2013, 12:28 PM
great idea. This seems fair to everyone

SemoreButtz
09-18-2013, 12:28 PM
I aGREE that adding those original prizes to those in the the original tiers would be a fair solution that would save Gree an extraordinary amount of work rather than trying to generate a report and individually refunding gold spent...clearly something needs to happen quickly.i am already in hearing talk on a gold boycott for next war. ..

mxz
09-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Very acceptable (and #smug) idea. I'd also be on board with different pictures/names with similar stats and similar modifiers (e.g. not change an attack bonus to a defense).

JoJo1234
09-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Its a very good idea, but what about the team at rank 26? bearing in mind the already stated 2 man syndicate whose position in the top 25 looks highly suspicious at best. Would they get top 50 price as opposed to top 25? and those at rank 51 who would have been 50 ect...

The Real Bosses
09-18-2013, 01:08 PM
there is no way that all team going to be happy... my team was top 130 and if we knew they were going to pay top 100 prizes to top 120... it would had been another story... so i don't like that a top 100 team get instead of 10% of building outcome gets 20%. how we going to compete against then in the future.

CJ54
09-18-2013, 04:17 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?68456-Tier-Bracket-Change-For-West-Side-Battle