PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

Johny Lauronitis
09-18-2013, 03:48 AM
I noticed there seems to be an abundance of players named Alex after playing this game for a year. Is it a "blend in with the crowd" tactic?

Captain Torgue
09-18-2013, 03:53 AM
I noticed there seems to be an abundance of players named Alex after playing this game for a year. Is it a "blend in with the crowd" tactic?

If you create a name that is racist, uses swear words, homophobic or otherwise offensive gree will default the name to Alex. I'm sure there are some genuine people named Alex who play this game but many of them have had their names changed for the reasons I mentioned.

MattThomas08
09-18-2013, 03:53 AM
Alex is the default name given to players who don't choose a name, players whose names are deemed offensive, and yes, some people do it to blend in also.

Johny Lauronitis
09-18-2013, 04:22 AM
Oh I never knew that, thanks :D

sister morphine
09-18-2013, 04:25 AM
If you create a name that is racist, uses swear words, homophobic or otherwise offensive gree will default the name to Alex.
If someone complains about it. I'm amazed how some players' names survive unscathed so long, but those which don't fall into your categories above (but which the more puritanical mindset might deem offensive) usually make me smile.

SollyLlama
09-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Very interesting. Thanks - that helps clear things up. It is disappointing so many people end up getting dinged, but not
surprising.

warrends
09-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Very interesting. Thanks - that helps clear things up. It is disappointing so many people end up getting dinged, but not
surprising.

No. It is unfortunate that so many people feel the need to use offensive words or language in their names. What's wrong with being mature and polite.

SollyLlama
09-24-2013, 11:45 AM
No. It is unfortunate that so many people feel the need to use offensive words or language in their names. What's wrong with being mature and polite.

I think you misunderstood me.

I said that I was disappointed that people were choosing names that led to discipline.

The show off
09-24-2013, 02:27 PM
No it does not

Antheus
09-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Alex is the default name given to players who don't choose a name, players whose names are deemed offensive, and yes, some people do it to blend in also.

.....3 distinct categories.....however...my 3 characters never visited an Alex hood with high level expensive buildings..never with a LTB...never..just my experience...[ 4th category ❓]

reesebutton
09-25-2013, 08:04 PM
.....3 distinct categories.....however...my 3 characters never visited an Alex hood with high level expensive buildings..never with a LTB...never..just my experience...[ 4th category ❓]

I've found some Alex's (with maxed mafia) who had damn good IPH and LTBs. Since then, I've always taken a 2nd look at Alex's with max mafia.

intecorp
09-25-2013, 08:08 PM
I got a few friends named Alex so I never hit one :)