PDA

View Full Version : Faction or fRaction?

MWaddict
09-17-2013, 08:34 PM
i've read and seen messages of gamers (rivals/allies) in my news feed inviting me to join their fraction. what is fraction? which is correct faction or fRaction? are they the same? :eek:

ProCision
09-17-2013, 08:45 PM
i've read and seen messages of gamers (rivals/allies) in my news feed inviting me to join their fraction. what is fraction? whatich is correct faction or fRaction? are they the same? :eek:

They are different, sup1-sup1500 are fRactions. The rest of us are factions. Speed ump is the leader of all fRacking that goes on in the fRactions. Although, he never fRacks, he just gets fRacked. He like the mother fRacking fRacker.

CJ D
09-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Hmmmm. I always like the faction/fraction question. This was my recent reply in regards to what the forum thought about our top 10 fractions....

Well, I am actually quite glad you asked that question. For me, it has to start with 1/4. I pick 1/4 because is is a quarter. I like quarters. Not only are they the largest divisions in a dollar, but I also own a laundromat, and I love running them through my machine.

After that, I go with 1/2. Why? Well because it reminds me of football season! Halftime is a great time to get the steaks off the pit and grab another beer!

Beyond my two obvious first choices, I go with the family of 8ths. 1 all the way through 7. Even that bastardized 3/8...I mean really? 3/8? It's normally not thought of as a very attractive fraction, but you have to admire that it is basically just two 8s, with one of them shaved off a bit. But every one who has ever had to read a tape measure can appreciate a good 8ths measurement. Board too long? Just take 1/8 off. It's the thickness of a saw blade for God's sake!!!

To round out the top ten....you guessed it. 11/32. Definitely 11/32....the only fraction smart enough to stop 1/32 shy of that bastard 3/8. Not to mention...just say it....let it roll off your tongue. 11/32.....11/32.....it just sounds sexy.

SGT Rud
09-18-2013, 06:00 AM
Hmmmm. I always like the faction/fraction question. This was my recent reply in regards to what the forum thought about our top 10 fractions....

Well, I am actually quite glad you asked that question. For me, it has to start with 1/4. I pick 1/4 because is is a quarter. I like quarters. Not only are they the largest divisions in a dollar, but I also own a laundromat, and I love running them through my machine.

After that, I go with 1/2. Why? Well because it reminds me of football season! Halftime is a great time to get the steaks off the pit and grab another beer!

Beyond my two obvious first choices, I go with the family of 8ths. 1 all the way through 7. Even that bastardized 3/8...I mean really? 3/8? It's normally not thought of as a very attractive fraction, but you have to admire that it is basically just two 8s, with one of them shaved off a bit. But every one who has ever had to read a tape measure can appreciate a good 8ths measurement. Board too long? Just take 1/8 off. It's the thickness of a saw blade for God's sake!!!

To round out the top ten....you guessed it. 11/32. Definitely 11/32....the only fraction smart enough to stop 1/32 shy of that bastard 3/8. Not to mention...just say it....let it roll off your tongue. 11/32.....11/32.....it just sounds sexy.

This is probably the most funny thing I have seen on the forums in a long while. Thank you CJ D.

keeskiller
09-18-2013, 07:46 AM
still not ansering his question guys..

Adm.J
09-18-2013, 07:57 AM
still not ansering his question guys..Does his question really necessitate an answer?

Zulfiqaar
09-18-2013, 09:48 AM
Faction Search or Fraction Search??
Question answered i think :)

CJ D
09-18-2013, 10:29 AM
still not ansering his question guys..

Are you cereal about this? I really don't think he was being cereal, but are you??? What's the difference in a faction and a fraction? Cereally???

mickymacirl
09-18-2013, 10:43 AM
One has an R the other doesn't, I'll let you work out which.

phrosty
09-18-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm no good at math so I stay away from fractions! I'm more of a fact guy myself.. Did you know the weight of air in a normal drinking glass is about the same as an aspirin! Or that the symbol on the 'pound' key (#) is also called an octothorpe. Also that typical spec of dust that you see floating in the air is half way in size between the Earth and a subatomic particle. I'm full of facts none useful on why you would ask the age old fraction/faction question.. This may be one that will remain outside our grasps.. Maybe they have fat fingers, maybe they don't spell check, maybe the can't read, hopfully one day this human mystery will be solved once and for all.. So did you know the only king without a moustache in a deck of cards is the king of hearts. Or iron weighs more once it rusts.. Told ya I'm full of em, facts that is :)

Dutchie
09-18-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm no good at math so I stay away from fractions! I'm more of a fact guy myself.. Did you know the weight of air in a normal drinking glass is about the same as an aspirin! Or that the symbol on the 'pound' key (#) is also called an octothorpe. Also that typical spec of dust that you see floating in the air is half way in size between the Earth and a subatomic particle. I'm full of facts none useful on why you would ask the age old fraction/faction question.. This may be one that will remain outside our grasps.. Maybe they have fat fingers, maybe they don't spell check, maybe the can't read, hopfully one day this human mystery will be solved once and for all.. So did you know the only king without a moustache in a deck of cards is the king of hearts. Or iron weighs more once it rusts.. Told ya I'm full of em, facts that is :)# is hash but not the kind you can smoke, whereas the pound key looks like £ but that is a monetary pound and not a weighty pound. Get your facts right ;P

Bravo Zulu
09-19-2013, 06:32 AM
Dutchie, didn't you mean fracts, not facts? That a re-fact right?? Simply put, I've always considered a fraction of a faction to be like a fractal. The never ending repetition- smaller and smaller, that is a complete reflection of everything before it. It not like the very real difference between reflection and refraction though. Along those lines, if a fractal os a tiny piece that is the complete reflection, then I would think it would be safe to say it's not faction and fraction, but faction, fraction, and re-fraction. But not the light kinda refraction- more like a multiple thing than a shiny thing...

Tanner
09-19-2013, 06:39 AM
I'm no good at math so I stay away from fractions! I'm more of a fact guy myself.. Did you know the weight of air in a normal drinking glass is about the same as an aspirin! Or that the symbol on the 'pound' key (#) is also called an octothorpe. Also that typical spec of dust that you see floating in the air is half way in size between the Earth and a subatomic particle. I'm full of facts none useful on why you would ask the age old fraction/faction question.. This may be one that will remain outside our grasps.. Maybe they have fat fingers, maybe they don't spell check, maybe the can't read, hopfully one day this human mystery will be solved once and for all.. So did you know the only king without a moustache in a deck of cards is the king of hearts. Or iron weighs more once it rusts.. Told ya I'm full of em, facts that is :)

+1 for CJD's answer, again. I liked it the first time I saw it.

+1 for the subatomic particle : Earth Comparison w/ a spec of dust. That is positively the MOST mind-blowing thing I've considered today, and I've got some pretty smart members in my fraction.

GreeD, please install a +1 button or a like or some kind of a vote up button a la slashot or reddit

carl9764
09-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Nice answer CJ D