PDA

View Full Version : Declaring battles...

Vile Lynn
09-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Is there any good reason why all syndicate members need to have the option to declare?

I would like to suggest that only the Leader & Officers have the ability to declare battles.

Thoughts, comments?

*also applies to KA guilds & MW factions

Stop using the colored text, please. -CJ54

GU7 F4WK3S
09-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Is there any good reason why all syndicate members need to have the option to declare?

I would like to suggest that only the Leader & Officers have the ability to declare battles.

I'd vote yes on this provided this new feature doesn't cause everything else surrounding syndicate matchups to fall apart...more.

The_
09-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Finally a useful topic amidst all the attention-seeking garbage I've seen the past few days. Would be nice to have an option where the leader/officers can give declaration privileges to specific members. Leader/officers can be inactive due to RL, jobs, etc, so it would advantageous for more people to have declaration responsibility.

jmeijer
09-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Why change something that's already good? I can only understand it if you are a non-fighting camper syndicate.

Vile Lynn
09-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Why change something that's already good? I can only understand it if you are a non-fighting camper syndicate.

You'll get it when War Goals come online, maybe.
It might be good for you; there's always exceptions, but it is not good for most of us.

There have been many complaints on the forum from many different syndicates, factions, & guilds who have had problems with members declaring, whether it be sabotage or a simple mistake. At least there is a confirmation button to declare and an alert on the ingame forum: very helpful! Thank you for that, GREE!

I don't suspect this would be a cure-all for "premature declarations" but I don't see the point in every member needing the right to declare.

Emmerich
09-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Personally I think it goes against everything that MW and CC are about - armies and crime syndicates have STRICT chains of command. So on top of the fact that I think it would fix problems that many factions have, I also just think it makes much more sense.

Privates do NOT lead troops into battle. :D

Cagey Caminiti
09-17-2013, 11:20 AM
I think that it should remain in the hands of the players. Once the leader or officers write it in their forum, or express it via chat app, it's up to the group to make sure everyone knows the rule and can police each other. It's eliminated altogether.

The syndicate is more guilty for expressing NOT to do it. If it isn't a rule, then it can't be a problem. As for me, sometimes its good to wake up to a wall already smashed with like 30 seconds left, and your hits secure a win too lol.

kimberleyj
09-17-2013, 11:47 AM
the problem is if you don't have an officer or leader online due to being at work or out it would mean that team will loose battle time, not everyone can be online 24/7. so i would say this would be a bad idea.

Ice Cream Man
09-17-2013, 11:51 AM
I agree that only Leaders or Officers should be able to declare battles.

Joe bananas
09-17-2013, 04:18 PM
I hasn't really been a problem for us yet, but if Gree introduces bonus for winning consecutive battles, then yes, I will be wanting this.

Triga Treat
09-17-2013, 05:33 PM
It seems like the simple solution is just to add a 3rd category of player.
Leader, Officer, and Corporal.

Leader and Officer are the same.
Corporal can declare battles, but not accept new players.

-Triga

Thoughts, comments?

Akrisaen
09-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Pretty good idea if you ask me, in the lower ranking syndicates, it will stop players with less knowledge of the game starting a battle at the wrong time. Obviously it could cause problems, but what's a GREE game without problems, eh? ;)

CCKallDAY
09-17-2013, 05:52 PM

-TrigaOfficer and Leader are the same? Meaning that officers can kick members?

Triga Treat
09-17-2013, 06:07 PM
No I meant officers and leaders have the same privileges as today.

Officer and Leader are the same? Meaning that officers can kick members?

TMI
09-17-2013, 06:53 PM
good idea to only have certain ppl be able to declare. It should be extended past leader and officers though. Like maybe give "declare priviledges" to some others in the syndicate so someone can be around all the time for potential declaring.
I think this in being brough up now because before button pushers were an annoyance, but if CC has the consecutive prizes, they wont just be an annoyance, but may actually cost the syndicate good prizes.

Putri Hazel
09-17-2013, 09:49 PM
make a poll.. make a poll!

go go!

:D

TMI
09-17-2013, 10:07 PM
make a poll.. make a poll!

go go!

:D

Done :) please vote

Putri Hazel
09-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Done :) please vote

Thank you! Looks like sensible polls are one way to make Gree notice :)

and I voted

thx

reesebutton
09-17-2013, 11:07 PM

-Triga

Really no need for a third role. Assuming the declare button is only available to leaders & officers, the simple solution is just to have the leader add more officers during the war. No big deal really. Besides, rosters are locked during war. Officers don't have much power other than declaring battles & deleting forum threads.

IMO there is no need for any changes except to disallow normal members from deleting Syndicate Alerts from the syn forum. That way, a trigger happy member who declares out of schedule can be found out immediately & read the riot act.

Let syndicates police themselves i say. That'll allow well organised teams to pull ahead of the others deservingly.

Captain Torgue
09-18-2013, 01:49 AM
In order for this to work you would need to ensure that you have 24/7 officers online which is difficult considering most members are from the US. This isn't much of an issue with teams that have 60 members and therefore have officers from different parts of the world but for the smaller top 4000 syndicates that have 20 members or less this may cause huge problems and they would need to promote everyone in the syndicate to officers to make it work.