PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on best item to spend Respect coins/points?

SCTW
09-17-2013, 06:06 AM
Hi,

I have accumulated quite a bit of Respect coins and was wondering how best to spend them.

I initially bought 6 Doomsday frags and am now wondering if I should continue buying more, or spread it out evenly and buy a gun, melee, armor or vehicle.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mack The Knife
09-17-2013, 06:09 AM
Personally Since Sweet Vengeance and its modifier came into my life I've been spending them on the 8000rp gun.

bald zeemer
09-17-2013, 06:10 AM
Defintely don't bother with guns or vehicles - better/comparable items can be bought with in-game cash (plus they are always over-represented in event prizes, so your RP weapons will quickly become irrelevant).

I'd advise sticking to the doomsdays, they're likely to stay on your ORBAT a lot longer than any other weapon you can buy with RP.

kingofwale
09-17-2013, 06:14 AM
Only spend RP on the best bomb... Yes it's expensive at 28K, yes the stats isn't as good.

But with the stat inflation and the fact it's a bomb, it won't be rendered useless for the forseenable future.

TMI
09-17-2013, 06:17 AM
It depends on what you envision your future player as being.
My advice will be based on you playing for a long time and eventually having more than 500 items in each class with stats in the thousands:
Only buy the items with the highest att/def. if you buy an item that is, say 30/20, eventually that item won't be in your top 500 inventory. Also bear in mind the impeding stats inflation that is occurring.

Ok, so now, which highest att/def item do you buy?
Check out your mods/bonuses. See which one gives you the most att or def or both per RP used. For example, your gun att is 86% while everything else is 25%, factor that 86% in the stats of that gun when you divide the stats per RP.

I personally, am not buying anything with my RP, who knows what items GREE will come out with due to stats inflation, so I'm keeping mine. I'm doing just fine playing this game without the extra items.

There is another strategy if you just want to buy for the NOW.

EDIT: I didn't think about the under-representation of explosives in events. That's a good point

reesebutton
09-17-2013, 10:29 PM
I spend rp only if I need the attk/def in a pinch, like buffing up for a boss event. Otherwise, I wouldn't spend it. Save it for a rainy day, and when stat inflation causes gree to update the rp stats

Vito Corleone
09-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Save your RP for the future...for better items hopefully!