PDA

View Full Version : Are you mad at GREE's decision to change the tiers when war was about to end?

CCKallDAY
09-16-2013, 06:13 PM
yes, because we were aiming at top 75 but then they changed it to top 60, and we weren't even close when they did that.

Zaz42
09-16-2013, 06:19 PM
I thought they EXTENDED the rankings to include more people, ie top 60 is really the top 50 reward?

Bariel
09-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Nope, Games glitch, crash, mistakes occur and stuff like this happens so just gotta roll with it, it's a game at the end of the day and better things in life to get mad over. Doubt I saw anyone volunteering to hand back the items when the prizes were accidentally reversed for one of the PVPs, some mistakes you win from and some you lose.

Rebels
09-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Not so mad but very dissapointed in their whole customer service model.

We were in the top 750 and ended up around 50-60k short of the top 600. Would have purchased gold to get there.
The short notice or even the lack of warning was terrible.

Cheers Jimmy

Bariel
09-16-2013, 06:22 PM
yes, because we were aiming at top 75 but then they changed it to top 60, and we weren't even close when they did that.

You did get your prize then as top 75 became top 90 not top 60!

Gunflame
09-16-2013, 06:26 PM

You should probably get your facts straight before making a thread. Top 75 became top 90 -_- Top 60 replaced top 50.

/thread

Ben Raines
09-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Don't like the change, we even benefited finished 433 and got top 400... we were 100k away no way we deseirved the prize. But thanks ill take it. Sorry for those that actually spent money to keep your spots and those that will continue to spend...

candyson
09-16-2013, 06:28 PM
We got the top 100 reward from this mess up, so I'm happy that it turned out this way.

out of names
09-16-2013, 06:29 PM
We were 150k from top 500(were usually thatany points from top 400) so im not that mad cuz we got the top 500 prize

AssassiNate
09-16-2013, 06:42 PM
I think that everyone was affected by the issues on the weekend but not everyone gained from the new tiers they made, I'm happy for those that got bonus prizes but what about all the people who didn't? The whole extension and then no extension confused too many people, and then change the tiers and not everyone was aware of it? I just don't understand the logic behind their decisions, I'm grateful they ended it like originally planned but not everyone benefitted from thier resolution

TonyStark
09-16-2013, 06:48 PM
I think that everyone was affected by the issues on the weekend but not everyone gained from the new tiers they made, I'm happy for those that got bonus prizes but what about all the people who didn't? The whole extension and then no extension confused too many people, and then change the tiers and not everyone was aware of it? I just don't understand the logic behind their decisions, I'm grateful they ended it like originally planned but not everyone benefitted from thier resolution

Totally agree.

PFBKiller
09-16-2013, 07:44 PM
I don't understand why my team and I spent gold to get into top 50, when last minute it became top 60? Why did I spend that vault again? Now, had Gree done that say a day in advance, rather than extend the war by six hours, that would have been ok. Changing it last minute is a slap in the face to those that spent gold to get into the next tier (or hold it).

I'm forced to wonder why I play this game.. Lame!

SilentAssassin
09-16-2013, 07:47 PM
What they should have done was this : leave the war extended and shift the tiers.

I think even a 6 hour warning on tiers would have been better than a 2 minute warning.

Groups affected would have time to respond, everyone would be happy.

Also GREE... common you have to make some popups ingame as notifications to what is happening.
Ex. special announcements etc

Its such a simply feature to add and your customers would appreciate it.

HaywoodSlap
09-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Nope, Games glitch, crash, mistakes occur and stuff like this happens so just gotta roll with it
Very true, however Gree's wishy-washy responses to the problem indicates they are plagued by an incredibly incompetent management team. Our syndicate missed the top 180 by a few k... only we didn't know there was a top 180 tier until after the battle ended. Changing the rules during an event is bad enough, changing the rules with only a few minutes left is approaching criminal.

sledge 187
09-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Maybe their intent was to make right with the teams that just missed their goal due to the constant changing end time. Not so those who were nowhere near the next tier could spend a bit more gold and jump a tier. It is possible that this was an act of fairness and not greed. Or wait....maybe they figured with the expanded tiers the last hour gold rush would be negatively impacted. Regardless, everyone got what they paid for right?

merlin490
09-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Very upset.. My team aimed for top 50.. Got there and were about 40k over top 50..48th place.. We don't like to overspend.. We were 900k over 60th.. My team overspent 900k worth of gold... Had we known that 60th place would have given us the same prizes, we would have saved quite a chunk of change.. I'm very upset that we spent WAY too much money. They could have said that they were going to do that, but they chose to do it at the last minute.. I'm guessing they waited so that people would not stop spending gold... My team pushed at the end of the war , only to find put that we wasted our hard earned money... We were on the bad end of this decision... I see people happy because it went in their favor, well there are many people that got the short end of the stick because of this decision..

ablankone
09-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Naughty Gree. But you know what... I'm kinda getting tired of complaining. I'm thinking of setting up a thread that is fully of happy thoughts and compliments.

It may even get me an unban even though I'm not banned right now.

Smallestelf
09-16-2013, 11:12 PM
extending the zone of inclusion for results is even worse, we came 221 and there were a few who used gold to help get us there (I know not as much as higher up teams) but if we had any idea that it was top 300 instead of top 250 we wouldnt have bothered wasting the gold

Captain Torgue
09-17-2013, 02:15 AM
So will Rogues Gallery get top 2 prize? Will SAS get first prize?

I thought people getting kicked out of the syndicate at the end of PVP and missing out on prizes was the biggest screw up ever but this takes the cake.

hexie
09-17-2013, 02:50 AM
@merlin490
Same boat with us. What we are unhappy with is that we fought in about the last 1h40 so when we finished with ~40m on the clock and saw shortly after that the change in tiers, we could not fight again to earn a bit more to move up/hold a tier above but we had spent a lot to get where we were unnecessarily. We were denied the chance to make informed purchasing decisions by last minute tournament manipulation.

Some members even took a leave/half day to play in the morning or very late night depending on their timezone and could have just finished up the day before saving it and their money.

Nice name, Borderlands is the best. Im more of a Maliwan fan though :)

CCKallDAY
09-17-2013, 04:42 AM
I'm sort of mad i got the top 75 prize ... we were 300-200k out

evj
09-17-2013, 05:20 AM
So will Rogues Gallery get top 2 prize? Will SAS get first prize?

I thought people getting kicked out of the syndicate at the end of PVP and missing out on prizes was the biggest screw up ever but this takes the cake.

That's a good Q, Captain. Why did they only changed the tiers for Top10 and downwards? Could it be because of the team who got 11th and their big brother talked with Gree?

And I agree with u, this is Gree's biggest screw-up ever.